Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,586 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

Nigerian Student Snatches A Cab In India - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Student Snatches A Cab In India (20452 Views)

Man Snatches N1m From GTBank Customer In Lagos / Robber Snatches Lady’s Phone In Port Harcourt; Mocks Her On Facebook / Boy Snatches His Step-Mother's Car In Kaduna State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Student Snatches A Cab In India by dridowu: 1:31pm On Jul 10, 2016
The chase

2.20 am; Bilekahalli signal

Cab driver stops for a break

Ibrahim snatches key from driver

Gets into cab and drives away

Heads to Shivajinagar

Turns to Hennur

Heads to Electronics City

Cops head to toll gate

5.30 am; Hosur Road toll gate

Ibrahim stops at toll gate

Nabbed by cops

The police in Bengaluru spent the wee hours of Saturday tracking an allegedly inebriated youth who had attacked a cab driver at Bilekahalli, off Bannerghatta Road, and subsequently drove away in his car.

For three hours, the night patrol police and their colleagues in the traffic police drove the length and breadth of Bengaluru trying to track the ‘runaway car’.

What adds to the seriousness of the case is that the youth was drunk, said the police.

Luckily, he was not involved in any accident.

R. Hitendra, additional commissioner (Traffic) said, “Traffic is very thin during the early morning hours, which might have averted a major tragedy.”

It began around 2.20 am when the driver, Venkatesh (40), a resident of Thanisandra, was ‘attending to the call of nature’ by the roadside at Bilekahalli signal. “A youth approached me from behind and asked for the car keys. He seemed drunk. When I refused, he kicked me in the abdomen, snatched the keys and fled with the car,” said Venkatesh, who alerted his cab company MegaCabs, who in turn called the police.

The cab is equipped with a GPS system, which helped the cops track the vehicle across the city.

“The youth was crisscrossing the city. From Bannerghatta Road, he went to Shivajinagar and then to Hennur. From Hennur, he began heading towards Electronics City. We rushed to the toll gate on Hosur Road, blocked the car and arrested him around 5.30 am,” said Inspector B.K. Shekhar Mico Layout Police Station, who led the police team. The youth seemed to have suspected that he was being trailed because he disconnected the GPS system minutes before he was stopped at the toll gate.

“Our hunch that he would go to that particular spot paid off,” Mr. Shekhar said. As the cops tried apprehending the youth, he came out shouting, “No Harm. I Love India.” He was identified as Ibrahim Abdul Mulallabi (33), a Nigerian studying BBM in a college at Yelahanka. He lives with a friend in K.S. Layout. His visa had expired in January 2016, cops said. Mr. Shekhar said that Ibrahim was sent for a medical test.

http://m.thehindu.com/news/cities/bangalore/nigerian-student-snatches-key-drives-around-city-in-cab/article8830108.ece

Re: Nigerian Student Snatches A Cab In India by DickDastardly(m): 1:33pm On Jul 10, 2016
Name checked ... yoloba & yiibo passed .... abokki .... starting when? grin grin

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Student Snatches A Cab In India by femolacqua(m): 1:34pm On Jul 10, 2016
What happeeeen? Carrying that character go India, nawa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Student Snatches A Cab In India by ever811(m): 1:37pm On Jul 10, 2016
the Ibrahimsssssss fro SW ..don't involve in crimes ..I guess he was impersonated by chinedu...name checkers pls confirm the story and give us a full report..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Student Snatches A Cab In India by ever811(m): 1:39pm On Jul 10, 2016
the Ibrahimsssssss ..don't involve in crimes ..I guess he was impersonated by chinedu...name checkers pls confirm the story and give us a full report..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Student Snatches A Cab In India by akon4u: 9:08pm On Jul 10, 2016
ok
Re: Nigerian Student Snatches A Cab In India by Sunnycliff(m): 10:49pm On Jul 10, 2016
NCAN Enugu Branch, their eyes Don dey tear o! Ibrahim is well noted! Thanks all

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Snatches A Cab In India by buharisbae(f): 10:49pm On Jul 10, 2016
NCAN carlifionia branch reporting live::

There has been ties to which region he belongs to although we in carlifornia suspects he is from the waste part of Nigeria there fore we drag the op ,The mod, and the writer of this to the high court in carlifionia angry for inconclusive story and non attachment of his surname! we shall get to the root of this matter

passing on to NCAN Newyork city tongue tongue

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Snatches A Cab In India by lollmaolol(m): 10:49pm On Jul 10, 2016
Another international headache here
Re: Nigerian Student Snatches A Cab In India by fiftynaira(m): 10:49pm On Jul 10, 2016
Name checkers worldwide conference

DAY 1: ARRIVAL OF SOUTH EAST BRANCH

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Student Snatches A Cab In India by Sunnycliff(m): 10:50pm On Jul 10, 2016
ever811:
the Ibrahimsssssss ..don't involve in crimes ..I guess he was impersonated by chinedu...name checkers pls confirm the story and give us a full report..

Hope you aren't related tonIbrahim as a distant cousin. Cos it takes one to identify his likes!

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Snatches A Cab In India by Spells(m): 10:50pm On Jul 10, 2016
Nawa oh..... Ibrahim y na Must u high when ur head can't carry it
Re: Nigerian Student Snatches A Cab In India by Donprayer(m): 10:50pm On Jul 10, 2016
Misbehaving in a racist country. Dat guy get mind ooo

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Snatches A Cab In India by casttlebarbz(m): 10:50pm On Jul 10, 2016
j
Re: Nigerian Student Snatches A Cab In India by wendycindy(f): 10:50pm On Jul 10, 2016
Lols... Maybe he took expired palmwine from naija to india

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Snatches A Cab In India by psychologist(m): 10:51pm On Jul 10, 2016
Nairalander please give a reason to eat this week angry angry angry

Portugal and Ronaldo has broken my hear
#teamessi

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Snatches A Cab In India by allanphash7(m): 10:51pm On Jul 10, 2016
NCA reporting from Nazareth

We are so dissapointed that no report on this matter

******peaceout*******
Re: Nigerian Student Snatches A Cab In India by Daniel058(m): 10:51pm On Jul 10, 2016
We pass this exam ooo grin

Name checkers disappointed. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Snatches A Cab In India by Sunnycliff(m): 10:51pm On Jul 10, 2016
ever811:
the Ibrahimsssssss fro SW ..don't involve in crimes ..I guess he was impersonated by chinedu...name checkers pls confirm the story and give us a full report..

Ibrahims don't involve in crimes yet 71 taller load of rice for IDPS got missing into Bermuda triangle in Borno!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Student Snatches A Cab In India by nancybrown(f): 10:52pm On Jul 10, 2016
wat is the title of this nollywood's movie

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Snatches A Cab In India by PissedOffWeed(m): 10:52pm On Jul 10, 2016
Nigga must be high on Daura burukutu

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Snatches A Cab In India by mccoy47(m): 10:52pm On Jul 10, 2016
France how market? grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Snatches A Cab In India by Spells(m): 10:53pm On Jul 10, 2016
ever811:
na u get ur mouth oh, u fit use am talk wetin u like

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Snatches A Cab In India by leofab(f): 10:54pm On Jul 10, 2016
Cool
Re: Nigerian Student Snatches A Cab In India by Kakamorufu(m): 10:55pm On Jul 10, 2016
Name Checked. Ib malabi. :-)
Re: Nigerian Student Snatches A Cab In India by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:57pm On Jul 10, 2016
they send them to study nw they keep disgarcing our country

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Snatches A Cab In India by efilefun(m): 10:58pm On Jul 10, 2016
cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Snatches A Cab In India by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 10, 2016
Throughout last week, the media was awash with the news of Nigerians killed abroad, though expectedly emotions ran high amidst sympathetic Nigerians, I quickly raised an issue on the comportment and behaviour of Nigerians abroad.

Most Nigerians abroad too dey do yanga for Yankee, some of them dey pass their boundaries. Now Indians would term Nigerians as car snatchers, ergo, ventilating their anger on other innocent Nigerians/Africans.

If I as a serving corp member in Sokoto, a state in my beloved country, can be so careful to abide by their extant cultural behaviour, why can't Nigerians abroad behave.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Snatches A Cab In India by eleko1: 11:04pm On Jul 10, 2016
embarassed Those pipu from his village/Their arrow don "capsure" him sad . Think Iamdotune tomorrow biko,Ejo,pls embarassed
Re: Nigerian Student Snatches A Cab In India by kobonaire(m): 11:04pm On Jul 10, 2016
Chai!! The niqqa should run back home quick quick before they turn him into snake in punishment grin
Re: Nigerian Student Snatches A Cab In India by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 10, 2016
Ab0ki.. bet y?

listen to my songs at http://my.notjustok.com/p/oracle/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Teenage Girl Who Was Under Bondage After Being Impregnated,Finally Rescued. PICS / Man Rapes His 11-yr-old Daughter / Motorcycle Thief Caught In Makurdi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.