Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? (29406 Views)

Man Marries Lady Impregnated By Another Man. Finds Out After Marriage (Photos) / My Wife Is A Good Woman But Hates Sex After Marriage / Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by bumtos(m): 6:09pm On Jul 10, 2016
Famous is the major thing. you can't expect me to change my name to Obatunde my Husband name while my Father is Obasanjo (the head of state).

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Trapnews: 6:09pm On Jul 10, 2016
Joy1706:
Look at them. Small men suffering from small peniss syndrome. There's nothing to permit. It's MY decision if I decide to keep the surname I've been known with all my life.
grin dem go finish you today, dem go begin quote you upandan grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by ify84(m): 6:09pm On Jul 10, 2016
My wife never even add my own name to her surname... She still go with the name from secondary school.

We are going to two years.

Who surname don epp... Fighting over it is useless.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Nnam36(m): 6:10pm On Jul 10, 2016
Any woman that choses that is likely not going to respect the husband and won't value their marriage because retaining that name means that she's not married to him totally and that she can go any time the man offends her etc so let such woman complete my insinuation by telling us her fears and what she intends to gain by that.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 10, 2016
muller101:
u that will beg men to marry u

Confirm.

And this proves my point #1 on my post before.
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by basingstoke: 6:10pm On Jul 10, 2016
The men crying no, what about ig your daughter wants to retain your name wen they are married , what will you say ?

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by ebudera(f): 6:11pm On Jul 10, 2016
Wats d big deal in it, its wat I ve been knw 4 all my life & I shuld jst throw it away cos am married?

No way will do
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by profmallory(m): 6:11pm On Jul 10, 2016
Wait until you have only all Girls, then just maybe you ld understand a bit..

philit22:
Pls what do you say on this?
There is a trend of women retaining their father's name even after they are married..E.g Chisom Obiano gets married to Martins Adesina, She begins to answer Chisom Obiano-Adesina..As a man will you permit this and as a woman do you prefer this and why?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by mikaelzX(m): 6:11pm On Jul 10, 2016
It's her choice if she wishes to. i think it's even wrong to change her surname completely.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 10, 2016
ify84:
My wife never even add my own name to her surname... She still go with the name from secondary school.

You've proven my point #2 from my previous post.

Your effeminacy oozes across the screen.

PS: Someone please give this man a medal, he has a lengthy 2 year marriage grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Nnam36(m): 6:14pm On Jul 10, 2016
I won't allow it! Never! That why oNe should be ready for marriage bf going in for it n not going into marriage for fear singleness or to have a man to sleep wt, that's rubbish!
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by ogemore(f): 6:14pm On Jul 10, 2016
I

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Tmaritas76(m): 6:16pm On Jul 10, 2016
ify84:

are you sure she is not the one marring you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by ummeey: 6:17pm On Jul 10, 2016
Just like buying a dog and putting a tag on it. So everybody will know you are the owner.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by ebudera(f): 6:18pm On Jul 10, 2016
dats not true,a woman changes her name all in d name of marriage gets into d business of making a family 4 u,give u d opportunity 2 answer father,spends all her time effort & even shape jst 2 make u a perfect home,wat ur own (men) sacrifice 4 her
Nnam36:
Any woman that choses that is likely not going to respect the husband and won't value their marriage because retaining that name means that she's not married to him totally and that she can go any time the man offends her etc so let such woman complete my insinuation by telling us her fears and what she intends to gain by that.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 10, 2016
Joy1706:
Look at them. Small men suffering from small peniss syndrome. There's nothing to permit. It's MY decision if I decide to keep the surname I've been known with all my life.

maybe you should stay in your father's house you have known all your life because you sound like you will only bring trouble to any marraige!

A marriage is about 2 people coming together and making decisions TOGETHER, if you are making unilateral decisions of this sort and you feel you don't need permission, then what you want is a husband and kids not a marriage.....many women don't understand the difference!!! You want a husband and kids so you can feel complete and fulfilled as a woman but you are clearly not ready for the commitment, sacrifices and rigors of marriage.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Jilo83(m): 6:19pm On Jul 10, 2016
good name is better than riches. it common among rich people just to show
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by JOOHEL: 6:20pm On Jul 10, 2016
only daughter maybe

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by princefaculty(m): 6:22pm On Jul 10, 2016
It's a trend in ladies feministic move towards reducing the overt chauvinist approaches in our modern societies. Women over the years came to the realisation that men in their usual way will marry and expect the woman to drop her father's name for theirs so in a mild protest they deviced a method of marrying their maiden name to with their newly found surname via the use of an hyphen linking the two names. For example, Joy Adah-Jones.

As a considerate exposed person it's no harm and does not in anyway make her less my wife so she fit add her grannies name sef if she want grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Missyetty(f): 6:22pm On Jul 10, 2016
There is nothing bad there for me to retain my father's name after marriage. My dad is a very important figure in my life.
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Ghost447(m): 6:22pm On Jul 10, 2016
After paying her bride price?
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by SeverusSnape(m): 6:23pm On Jul 10, 2016
januzaj:
it ain't our fault that you are suffering from extra large v*gina syndrome
Bros why na grin grin

Hilarious comment coupled with a very funny image.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by januzaj(m): 6:24pm On Jul 10, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Bros why na grin grin

Hilarious comment coupled with a very funny image.
see wetin she talk na....
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by SeverusSnape(m): 6:27pm On Jul 10, 2016
januzaj:
see wetin she talk na....
I see am Bros, The girl don buy market today grin

I trust guys to bombard her.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by neocortex: 6:27pm On Jul 10, 2016
Of what use is a married woman changing her surname ?
Why do we like to kill ourself over outdated british culture ?

Cutehector:
I totally won't permit that.
Breadmaker:
same here

Can you guys state a single positive reason why you won't permit such ?

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by BCJAY(f): 6:28pm On Jul 10, 2016
I also use a compound name once the husband did not see any wrong in it you are Free to do so, but that should not cause disagreement once he says no so be it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by januzaj(m): 6:28pm On Jul 10, 2016
SeverusSnape:

I see am Bros, The girl don buy market today grin

I trust guys to bombard her.
guys coming for her like

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Cutehector(m): 6:29pm On Jul 10, 2016
neocortex:

Of what use is a married woman changing her surname ?
Why do we like to kill ourself over outdated british culture ?

Can you guys state a single positive reason why you won't permit such ?
before i"d answer ur question, which would depend on ur answer, are u male or female?
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by princely83(m): 6:30pm On Jul 10, 2016
Thunderlicious:

Then get ready to pass menopause with no husband.
Hahaha hahaha. Guy u r funny.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by tbaba1234: 6:31pm On Jul 10, 2016
I believe that it is important for a woman to keep her father's name. It is part of her identity.

My wife will be keeping her father's name.

15 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Pataricatering(f): 6:33pm On Jul 10, 2016
EgunMogaji:

1) Every single entity that has a hyphenated last name is a royal beyotch. FACT.
2) Every single one is married to a sissified man. FACT
EgunMogaji doesn't tolerate BS, marry em or marry your father. Choice is clear.
I also hate those that keep it after divorce. I had to force the Ex in court to drop my last name because she wanted to keep it so people can know she's the mother of her black kids (she's white).

That is why you are divorced! It's men like you that make women keep their last name. Your ego would not let you let her keep her father's name yet when she now uses your name and has built a career or whatever on it you would force her to drop it when things go sour just out of wickedness. You are obviously a woman hater. Goodluck to finding a woman that would stay with you.

13 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 10, 2016
I WON'T be changing my name anyways and won't marry anyone that expects me to do so. My fellow ukhtis and akhis will understand why wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love / Couple Celebrate 82 Years Of Marriage / My Husband Is Always Running

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.