Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? (29395 Views)

Man Marries Lady Impregnated By Another Man. Finds Out After Marriage (Photos) / My Wife Is A Good Woman But Hates Sex After Marriage / Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by tabithababy(f): 7:02pm On Jul 10, 2016
coachwilcox:
If I marry Aliko daughter, I will change my surname to Dangote.
. Chaiii. shocked
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by johnson232: 7:02pm On Jul 10, 2016
ify84:
My wife never even add my own name to her surname... She still go with the name from secondary school.

We are going to two years.

Who surname don epp... Fighting over it is useless.
smh for u
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Notyourb1tch(f): 7:03pm On Jul 10, 2016
Arijude:
Then marry your dad.
She doesn't need to marry her dad. There are a lot of open minded men out there who have no issues with this. People should just date who they have common ground with

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by ijemomo(m): 7:05pm On Jul 10, 2016
I will not permit it QED
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by hotspec(m): 7:06pm On Jul 10, 2016
When i married my wife, d pastor said ure now Mr. and Mrs. X, not X-Y. If she wants to go back to her maiden name Y, she needs to divorce me first and go back to marry her father
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by MizTyna(f): 7:06pm On Jul 10, 2016
EgunMogaji:

1) Every single entity that has a hyphenated last name is a royal beyotch. FACT.

2) Every single one is married to a sissified man. FACT

EgunMogaji doesn't tolerate BS, marry em or marry your father. Choice is clear.

I also hate those that keep it after divorce. I had to force the Ex in court to drop my last name because she wanted to keep it so people can know she's the mother of her black kids (she's white).
Your last statement is one more reason I will not take any man's name

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Breadfruit: 7:09pm On Jul 10, 2016
I kept my dad's name and added my husband's.
That was what I wanted....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 10, 2016
MizTyna:

Your last statement is one more reason I will not take any man's name

And I salute you for that astute choice.

People just need to understand that we all have choices to make.
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Xbox222: 7:10pm On Jul 10, 2016
ogemore:
I still use my father's name bcus he is a very popular man, well known and respected. I feel good using my father's name.
Is because your husband is a half baked man that can not measure up with his fellow men.
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Arijude(m): 7:11pm On Jul 10, 2016
safarigirl:
gerrout abeg. There are many married successful women who bear their fsther's name.

Where is it stated that a woman should give up her father's name because she's married? Who made that a law?

If i made it with my dad's name, i will have to use it till i die. Women like Chimamanda haven't changed their maiden name cuz that is her TRADEMARK. We know that most of you don't grasp that. You want to possess a human being wholly as if that's possible. Why not change yout name to hers? After all, the bible says "... A man shall LEAVE his father and mother and CLING to his wife"... so who suppose change name?
Lol but that your last sentence is just in the case gbenshing.
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by missyadorable(f): 7:14pm On Jul 10, 2016
The issue of change of name was among the first thing I made known to be husband(then fiance)

I hyphenated my family name with my husband's(Barr(Mrs)J....-N....)
That's my identity and he is cool with it

The funny part is that these "little boys" who are outrageously against retaining/hyphenating maiden names really got nothing to offer apart from small penisssss.
Na dem broke pass
Na dem get bad character pass

13 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by johnson232: 7:14pm On Jul 10, 2016
ogemore:
I still use my father's name bcus he is a very popular man, well known and respected. I feel good using my father's name.
smh
guess your Father inlaw name isn't respected?
u married a weak man.
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by nabzguy: 7:15pm On Jul 10, 2016
Nothing is wrong with she maintaining her fathers name, it will only become an issue if your children bear's her father name. Make your own name so that your daughter will want to keep ur name also.

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by lisimmo(m): 7:17pm On Jul 10, 2016
I can't pay her bride price to her father for her to keep her father's name. Hell no!!!
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by princebishop(m): 7:18pm On Jul 10, 2016
Thunderlicious:

Then get ready to pass menopause with no husband.
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by dom(m): 7:19pm On Jul 10, 2016
If I marry Dangote or Adenuga na me go even change my surname to their own. Lol.
On a more serious note, I once dated a gal who came from an all gal family. She told me her dad said he'll beg whoever is marrying his daughters to please allow them to retain their surname in the middle. I totally understood.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by missyadorable(f): 7:19pm On Jul 10, 2016
johnson232:

smh
guess your Father inlaw name isn't respected?
u married a weak man.

Lol..a weak man makes the best husband
He won't beat u,wont abuse you,wont use bad words with u,respects your feelings,he won't destroy ur career,wont deny you finance unlike his strong counterpart who can treat u anyhow,even beat u to death and walk away.

And when he cheats on u(he keeps it a top secret) and when u catch him,he vehemently denies instead of saying "and so what?"am a man,and flaunts it in your face like his strong counterparts do

#teamWeakmen

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by love4rent80s: 7:19pm On Jul 10, 2016
missyadorable:
The issue of change of name was among the first thing I made known to be husband(then fiance)

I hyphenated my family name with my husband's(Barr(Mrs)J....-N....)
That's my identity and he is cool with it

The funny part is that these "little boys" who are outrageously against retaining/hyphenating maiden names really got nothing to offer apart from small penisssss.
Na dem broke pass
Na dem get bad character pass

Easy.....u are on a public forum
And no matter how a penissss small reach, when e enter, u must moan
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Arijude(m): 7:20pm On Jul 10, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Yep, I'm divorced twice actually. Only an effeminate man will succumb to your greedy self defeating egoistical idiocy.

I don't tolerate waspy beyotches grin

BTW, I'm happily married for the past three years wink
No shaking. You're such a no nonsense man.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by lawlahbammy(f): 7:26pm On Jul 10, 2016
Toluwani111:
GREAT NAIRALANDERS!

please Advice me

I want to buy a android phone with quality camera, long last battery, rugged, 4.5 inches or 5 inches, removable battery, Can carry large number of applications
Which one best suites that specifications.
NB: my budget is #15,000- #18,000
kindly QUOTE ME with your suggestion.
Thanks

Itel 1508- #17,000
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by IghravweIG(m): 7:27pm On Jul 10, 2016
coachwilcox:
If I marry Aliko daughter, I will change my surname to Dangote.
lol.
guy ur own con worse o grin
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by johnson232: 7:28pm On Jul 10, 2016
missyadorable:

Lol..a weak man makes the best husband
He won't beat u,wont abuse you,wont use bad words with u,respects your feelings,he won't destroy ur career,wont deny you finance unlike his strong counterpart who can treat u anyhow,even beat u to death and walk away.

And when he cheats on u(he keeps it a top secret) and when u catch him,he vehemently denies instead of saying "and so what?"am a man,and flaunts it in your face like his strong counterparts do

#teamWeakmen
@bold that's your own definition of a good husband.... because u haven't feel the presence of a real man.. to some an imbe.ccile makes a good husband... glad u know only weak men condone such...
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Arijude(m): 7:28pm On Jul 10, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Yeah, you can typically tell girls that have big caves between their legs, they usually have big mouths to match it grin
Egbon, you have distinction in badmouthology. Your words are gingering sha.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by butanep(m): 7:29pm On Jul 10, 2016
bumtos:
Famous is the major thing. you can't expect me to change my name to Obatunde my Husband name while my Father is Obasanjo (the head of state).

Then go n marry your father now so you can be the neck of the state.
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 10, 2016
Arijude:
Egbon, you have distinction in badmouthology. Your words are gingering sha.

My brother na age o, been there, done that, have the experiences grin

"Ati pe ninu duniya yi".

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Tomaxzyn1(m): 7:31pm On Jul 10, 2016
U can't marry in spain and wipe ur wife's name...impossible !
Spanish law requires ur wife retains her name even afta marriage...this is why the names of spain children are usually 3..
One for the child, the oda for the mother and the last for the father..the father's name must always come last..
So no biggies mehn

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by butanep(m): 7:31pm On Jul 10, 2016
ebudera:
Wats d big deal in it, its wat I ve been knw 4 all my life & I shuld jst throw it away cos am married?

No way will do

I'm not sure you are married. When you get to menopause, you will decide if to keep it or change it
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by BoboFashion(m): 7:34pm On Jul 10, 2016
If ur surname is too long like (eg blaszczykowski), pls u won't combine that with my 3-letter surname. Thanks.
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by butanep(m): 7:35pm On Jul 10, 2016
Tmaritas76:
are you sure she is not the one marring you

Don't mind that guy jare... Na he wife dae feed am that's the reason he can't talk.
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by gloryman91: 7:36pm On Jul 10, 2016
That's how Islam states it everyone must retain his or her father's name, my wives are using thiers which is permitted by my religion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by butanep(m): 7:38pm On Jul 10, 2016
Missyetty:
There is nothing bad there for me to retain my father's name after marriage. My dad is a very important figure in my life.
so your husband is not an important figure abi?
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 10, 2016
if your surname cannot open doors for her,hence the need to retain her father's own,simple

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby / Woman Delivered Of Triplets After 29 Years Of Marriage - Photos / Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.