Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? (29407 Views)

Man Marries Lady Impregnated By Another Man. Finds Out After Marriage (Photos) / My Wife Is A Good Woman But Hates Sex After Marriage / Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by yorex2011: 5:52pm On Jul 11, 2016
Opened the thread to see whether any reasonable comments have come in since my last visit, only to still see one negligible human being quoting everybody..
Like wtf is this nonsense cry

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by dinachi(m): 6:06pm On Jul 11, 2016
Joy1706:

You are an IDIOT. If I decide to keep my surname, how is that your business? Are you the one marrying me? GOD FORBID. In your under developed brain, this is about independence and feminism? You're as dumb as they come I swear. Why should I keep my mother's maiden name? Is her father my father? Mstchewww
Remove your head from your ass, you are full of sh1t! You cannot even comprehend simple logic! Walahi your papa drink too much brukutu before them born you. Let me rephrase it for for a dullard like you to understand. You should start your crusade from your mother who adopted your fathers own surname. Idiot go and tell your mother to dump your father's surname and start bearing her maiden name anuofia! It was okay for you when your mother adopted your fathers surname but you want to go to another man's house with your maiden name, abi? You are cursed with a curse! You will never marry in this life!

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by hotspec(m): 6:20pm On Jul 11, 2016
Joy1706:
So your logic doesn't make sense? See how stupid most of you are
Chicken brain with low self esteem. #GetBusy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by edbor(m): 6:28pm On Jul 11, 2016
joy1706 I'm really sorry for the half man that marries you, that's if you get married.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by edbor(m): 6:30pm On Jul 11, 2016
yorex2011:
Opened the thread to see whether any reasonable comments have come in since my last visit, only to still see one negligible human being quoting everybody..
Like wtf is this nonsense cry

don't mind that borehole. . .disturbing everyone.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 11, 2016
Joy1706:

When will you people have sense for crying out loud. What is ' na u d marry me abi na me d marry u'? Didn't we marry each other abi ur the only one who said 'I DO'? Is it not my choice? Am I a child that you'd just make decisions for me? When will you people grow up? Better know the kinda girls you carry that rubbish mentality to o
look at ur mouth, u should work on ur mentality instead becux i got points to defend my claims. Not ur lame so call I Do.. Who asked ur hand in marriage from ur parents? Me. Who paid ur diary? Me. Who bought ur wedding dress? Me. Who bought d rings? Same me. Who bought d cake? Me. Who bought drinks for ur family? Who went for introduction. Sometimes arguing with persons like u is useless. Please hear dis ur husband is ur new world once u get married.. He decides if u work or stay at home n take good care of d kids.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 11, 2016
Joy1706:

If any man chooses to be a caveman in this century, I'll tarnish their dignity as much as I like
hope u get d supports from ur fellow creatures becux i can't call u a woman.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 11, 2016
Joy1706:

If any man chooses to be a caveman in this century, I'll tarnish their dignity as much as I like
hope u get d supports from ur fellow creatures becux i can't call u a woman. U r not a lady enough to be called a woman

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by enoch273: 8:50pm On Jul 11, 2016
Joy1706:

Hahahhaha! Nah I think ur mistaking me for ur mom.

This shows how little your mum is to you.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Joy1706(f): 9:11pm On Jul 11, 2016
uupgrade:
look at ur mouth, u should work on ur mentality instead becux i got points to defend my claims. Not ur lame so call I Do.. Who asked ur hand in marriage from ur parents? Me. Who paid ur diary? Me. Who bought ur wedding dress? Me. Who bought d rings? Same me. Who bought d cake? Me. Who bought drinks for ur family? Who went for introduction. Sometimes arguing with persons like u is useless. Please hear dis ur husband is ur new world once u get married.. He decides if u work or stay at home n take good care of d kids.
You think every woman can be bullied like your mom. She that stayed home to take care of you, look how useless you turned out to be. Who accepted to marry you? Me. Who took you home to my parents? Me. Just so you know, where I'm from the woman's family takes care of the traditional marriage. So this your useless argument won't fly with me.
When you marry, go to the remotest village and find a girl who will turn u into her god. As for me and girls like me, u have jammed the strongest rock. Hahahahahaha! Who is the fowl that gave birth to this creature please. 'He decides if you work or stay at home to take care of the kids' hahahahahha. You cracking me up big time. It's not a small sontin. A full grown adult like me. Lmao! I blame the women who submit to senseless fools like this one sha. That's what is bringing all this insult

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Joy1706(f): 9:14pm On Jul 11, 2016
hotspec:

Chicken brain with low self esteem. #GetBusy
Defend your senseless argument na, you cannot. Receive sense please. Keep your stupidity to urself

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Joy1706(f): 9:17pm On Jul 11, 2016
dinachi:

Remove your head from your ass, you are full of sh1t! You cannot even comprehend simple logic! Walahi your papa drink too much brukutu before them born you. Let me rephrase it for for a dullard like you to understand. You should start your crusade from your mother who adopted your fathers own surname. Idiot go and tell your mother to dump your father's surname and start bearing her maiden name anuofia! It was okay for you when your mother adopted your fathers surname but you want to go to another man's house with your maiden name, abi? You are cursed with a curse! You will never marry in this life!
Have I cursed you? Since I have not, that curse is returned back to you and your family in a hundred fold. Am I my mother? Don't I have a mind of my own. slowpoke! Hang yourself na since its paining you so much. I AM KEEPING MY MAIDEN NAME. GO AND DIE

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Joy1706(f): 9:18pm On Jul 11, 2016
EgunMogaji:

How dare you? My dear old mum is a staunch church member grin

Have you kids picked your father out of the gutter this evening as he fell drunk. Again wink
Jeez! Really? That's the best you could come up with? Ok. I'm bored now

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Joy1706(f): 9:21pm On Jul 11, 2016
EgunMogaji:

You're right.

We shouldn't be exchanging words because apparently I'm having an issue translating your gibberish and lunatic ramblings.

But you'll tire yourself soon and pleasure your self to sleep as usual or run out of data grin
Just say you're too daft to understand simple English. Don't be embarrassed dear

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Joy1706(f): 9:22pm On Jul 11, 2016
edbor:
joy1706 I'm really sorry for the half man that marries you, that's if you get married.
Shove your sorry up your black assssss

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Joy1706(f): 9:23pm On Jul 11, 2016
uupgrade:
hope u get d supports from ur fellow creatures becux i can't call u a woman.
Then call me a lady wink

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 11, 2016
Joy1706:

Just say you're too daft to understand simple English. Don't be embarrassed dear

Hey look who's back with her fleas and flies grin

So you finished with your customer? wink
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 11, 2016
Joy1706:

Jeez! Really? That's the best you could come up with? Ok. I'm bored now

Okay let's get you unbored?

How are they hanging today? wink
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Joy1706(f): 9:32pm On Jul 11, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Okay let's get you unbored?

How are they hanging today? wink
Officially done engaging you. Till we meet again

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by HaneefahRN(f): 6:10am On Jul 12, 2016
johnson232:

@bold that's your own definition of a good husband.... because u haven't feel the presence of a real man.. to some an imbe.ccile makes a good husband... glad u know only weak men condone such...

You can't make a good husband or father. I am very sure of this, too much bitterness in you to last a life time
You can bash me, I noticed that is the only thing you are good at. Bashing women, like your life depends on it.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by HaneefahRN(f): 6:18am On Jul 12, 2016
All these close-minded, egocentric men. Smh.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by HaneefahRN(f): 6:24am On Jul 12, 2016
EgunMogaji:

1) Every single entity that has a hyphenated last name is a royal beyotch. FACT.

2) Every single one is married to a sissified man. FACT

EgunMogaji doesn't tolerate BS, marry me or stay married to your fathers name. Choice is clear.

I also hate those that keep it after divorce. I had to force the Ex in court to drop my last name because she wanted to keep it so people can know she's the mother of her black kids (she's white).

Sorry, you are self-centered. I know, you probably know that.

You say, she MUST take your name after marriage, then you chase her around to change it again after you had a divorce. Then she changes to her maiden name and if she marries someone else, take on another identity again.

I just love Islam. Everyone should bear his or her father's name. In marriage divorce can happen, a man may die but your blood ties will never change. And if she decides to change it, it would be her choice, not a man choking up her throat, and enforcing his desire on her own identity.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Nobody: 6:30am On Jul 12, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Sorry, you are self-centered. I know, you probably know that.

You say, she MUST take your name after marriage, then you chase her around to change it again after you had a divorce. Then she changes to her maiden name and if she marries someone else, take on another identity again.

I just love Islam. Everyone should bear his or her father's name. In marriage divorce can happen, a man may die but your blood ties will never change. And if she decides to change it, it would be her choice, not a man choking up her throat, and enforcing his desire on her own identity.

It is what it is, these things happen.

I don't chase women around, especially exes, that's what Lawyer's are for grin

Islam, Hindu, Ifa, it doesn't matter to me. My rule, non negotiable wink
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by HaneefahRN(f): 6:33am On Jul 12, 2016
EgunMogaji:

It is what it is, these things happen.
I don't chase women around, especially exes, that's what Lawyer's are for grin
Islam, Hindu, Ifa, it doesn't matter to me. My rule, non negotiable wink
It's you and whatever woman you are with's business, not mine.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Nobody: 6:34am On Jul 12, 2016
HaneefahRN:

It's you and whatever woman you are with's business, not mine.

Exactly, right? wink
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by HaneefahRN(f): 6:34am On Jul 12, 2016
kandiikane:

In many cultures, women can retain their names if they want to, the decision is totally up them, changing name in Africa was brought to you by the white man.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 12, 2016
kandiikane:

In many cultures, women can retain their names if they want to, the decision is totally up them, changing name in Africa was brought to you by the white man.

I was telling some ignoramuses this as well.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by HaneefahRN(f): 7:04am On Jul 12, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Exactly, right? wink
Yeah yeah
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 12, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Yeah yeah

Your userid seems familiar, have we had an encounter in the past?
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:24am On Jul 12, 2016
Joy1706:

Officially done engaging you. Till we meet again

Looking forward to it.

Would love to put you in your place again wink

Cause I have questions.

1) does the curtains match the blind

2) are you a screamer or a moaner
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by cindybaby22(f): 7:29am On Jul 12, 2016
HaneefahRN:

You can't make a good husband or father. I am very sure of this, too much bitterness in you to last a life time
You can bash me, I noticed that is the only thing you are good at. Bashing women, like your life depends on it.
you are right
that guy got serious issues with women
i doubt if he was raised by a woman at all
his bitterness is something else, all his comments are geared at making women feel less human.
smh for him.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by HaneefahRN(f): 7:45am On Jul 12, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Your userid seems familiar, have we had an encounter in the past?
Sure

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love / Couple Celebrate 82 Years Of Marriage / My Husband Is Always Running

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.