Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,677 members, 7,801,952 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

#BlackLivesMatter: Tiwa Savage Reacts To The Call Out By Fans - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / #BlackLivesMatter: Tiwa Savage Reacts To The Call Out By Fans (18698 Views)

'Tiwa Vibes' Banned! Tiwa Savage Reacts To Ban On Her Song Over 'Shayo' / Tiwa Savage Reacts After Davido 'Confirmed' Her Relationship With Wizkid / Tiwa Savage Reacts To Having A Street Named After Her, Shares Braless Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

#BlackLivesMatter: Tiwa Savage Reacts To The Call Out By Fans by DJBIGGY(m): 4:58pm On Jul 10, 2016
Just yesterday, Tiwa Savage posted on instagram trying to show support to Black Americans living in the US by supporting the #BlackLivesMatter movement. This made fans call her all sort of names as they generally called her hypocritical for not voicing out against her country's problems.

She has duly reacted and defended her action, which really made sense if i must opine.

She wrote thus:

"Let us not let the devil distract us by letting us fight amongst ourselves and lose focus on the many tragedies happening around the whole. Yes you as an individual might not be able to fight for every cause but even the little you do will help. I don't need to justify my support for #blacklivesmatter and it's sad that some people should even question my support because I'm sure these same people were happy when the rest of the world supported us with our #bringbackourgirls movement, but you don't want us to show support because it is not right on our doorstep. This is exactly what the enemy wants and he "the devil" is a liar. We will keep supporting each other and not get distracted and just to clarify what happens at home means so much to me as a nigerian. I didn't just hashtag I joined several walks in protest, used my voice as an artist and wrote "olorun mi" as a tribute to lives lost on the Dana crash and will continue to do many more as it is my duty as a nigerian, a citizen of this world and a child of the Most High"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHrDNuAD3ly/?taken-by=tiwasavage

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #BlackLivesMatter: Tiwa Savage Reacts To The Call Out By Fans by DJBIGGY(m): 4:59pm On Jul 10, 2016
Re: #BlackLivesMatter: Tiwa Savage Reacts To The Call Out By Fans by faruku104(m): 5:32pm On Jul 10, 2016
bless your sweet heart dear

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: #BlackLivesMatter: Tiwa Savage Reacts To The Call Out By Fans by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 10, 2016
#blacklivesmatter

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: #BlackLivesMatter: Tiwa Savage Reacts To The Call Out By Fans by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 10, 2016
better response

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: #BlackLivesMatter: Tiwa Savage Reacts To The Call Out By Fans by Slymonster(m): 7:33pm On Jul 10, 2016
too many hypocrites in nigeria,she shouldnt have reply sef because thats how they are.They will remind you of biafra,agatu,niger delta,even tell you not to leave a flashy life(buying this or that) that all is vanity.Sometimes i wonder if they have been to heaven or hell before to say such rubbish

17 Likes

Re: #BlackLivesMatter: Tiwa Savage Reacts To The Call Out By Fans by visijo(m): 7:34pm On Jul 10, 2016
yeyebrities on instag... Them don leave facebook and twitter now..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #BlackLivesMatter: Tiwa Savage Reacts To The Call Out By Fans by Choplyf(m): 7:34pm On Jul 10, 2016
Nice
Re: #BlackLivesMatter: Tiwa Savage Reacts To The Call Out By Fans by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 10, 2016
We Americans don't give a fck about you Africans. Stop claiming familiarity. Go solve your national challenges.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #BlackLivesMatter: Tiwa Savage Reacts To The Call Out By Fans by Choplyf(m): 7:34pm On Jul 10, 2016
Nice response

1 Like

Re: #BlackLivesMatter: Tiwa Savage Reacts To The Call Out By Fans by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 10, 2016
Would've joined the movement but we blacks are not worth the support to begin with. We're just a pile of vile & hateful piece of tramp that deserves nothing but to be spat on. We don't even love each other and we expect to be loved by others...

How can black lives matter over there when it doesn't even matter here in the first place? Politicians exploit its subjects at every given opportunity even at the expense of our lives. In business, blacks worship whites and trample on his fellows. In society, we regard whites as gems even when they do something heinous but will cast the largest of rocks at our fellow at the slightest provocation.

I hate what we have become. It's as though our evolution hasn't fully taken place or we are another specie entirely.

Kinda reminds of one country like that where whites are referred to as "expats" while blacks from neighbouring countries are called "foreigners".

We never see anything ooo, Black lives matter ko, black lives atom ni.

21 Likes

Re: #BlackLivesMatter: Tiwa Savage Reacts To The Call Out By Fans by manuel80(m): 7:35pm On Jul 10, 2016
brilliant post..citizen of the world.. child of the most high

5 Likes

Re: #BlackLivesMatter: Tiwa Savage Reacts To The Call Out By Fans by ojun50(m): 7:35pm On Jul 10, 2016
Ok
Re: #BlackLivesMatter: Tiwa Savage Reacts To The Call Out By Fans by ipledge10(m): 7:35pm On Jul 10, 2016
This doesn't Change that fact that I don't like her

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: #BlackLivesMatter: Tiwa Savage Reacts To The Call Out By Fans by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 10, 2016
Nigeria, a land of hypocrisy

6 Likes

Re: #BlackLivesMatter: Tiwa Savage Reacts To The Call Out By Fans by jendy36(m): 7:35pm On Jul 10, 2016
She spoke well

8 Likes

Re: #BlackLivesMatter: Tiwa Savage Reacts To The Call Out By Fans by Babysho(m): 7:36pm On Jul 10, 2016
She talk well.

21 Likes

Re: #BlackLivesMatter: Tiwa Savage Reacts To The Call Out By Fans by Yorubanews: 7:37pm On Jul 10, 2016
ipledge10:

We know. She's Yoruba. Pele, take heart grin

9 Likes

Re: #BlackLivesMatter: Tiwa Savage Reacts To The Call Out By Fans by cornel994(m): 7:37pm On Jul 10, 2016
Jst STFU...befr u come fr my head, check ur legs
Re: #BlackLivesMatter: Tiwa Savage Reacts To The Call Out By Fans by BlackIsLife: 7:37pm On Jul 10, 2016
Where was she when people are been slughtered like cow in benue, enugu? - bloody attention seeker!

3 Likes

Re: #BlackLivesMatter: Tiwa Savage Reacts To The Call Out By Fans by sundoj08(m): 7:38pm On Jul 10, 2016
ipledge10:
grin wicked

2 Likes

Re: #BlackLivesMatter: Tiwa Savage Reacts To The Call Out By Fans by LastSurvivor: 7:40pm On Jul 10, 2016
Am not here to support Tiwa or Tbillz but we all know that injustice against blacks is really on the rise lately..
Blacks need to arm themselves and defend themselves since the government can guarantee that anymore..
#Blacklivematters

3 Likes

Re: #BlackLivesMatter: Tiwa Savage Reacts To The Call Out By Fans by ipledge10(m): 7:41pm On Jul 10, 2016
Yorubanews:

We know. She's Yoruba. Pele, take heart grin
My name is Olapade tongue. so you think I don't like because of her tribe,sorry to disappoint you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #BlackLivesMatter: Tiwa Savage Reacts To The Call Out By Fans by Mckandre(m): 7:42pm On Jul 10, 2016
SillyeRabbit:
We Americans don't give a fck about you Africans. Stop claiming familiarity. Go solve your national challenges.
MUMU⁴

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: #BlackLivesMatter: Tiwa Savage Reacts To The Call Out By Fans by Amberon11: 7:42pm On Jul 10, 2016
Mumu
BlackIsLife:
Where was she when people are been slughtered like cow in benue, enugu? - blood attention seeker!

7 Likes

Re: #BlackLivesMatter: Tiwa Savage Reacts To The Call Out By Fans by Taiyescott(m): 7:44pm On Jul 10, 2016
Re: #BlackLivesMatter: Tiwa Savage Reacts To The Call Out By Fans by dayowunmi(m): 7:49pm On Jul 10, 2016
SillyeRabbit:
I didn't know Americans now give a fck about Nairaland nowadays. OK bye.

20 Likes

Re: #BlackLivesMatter: Tiwa Savage Reacts To The Call Out By Fans by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 10, 2016
When it happens elsewhere, keep quiet.
How convenient!

1 Like

Re: #BlackLivesMatter: Tiwa Savage Reacts To The Call Out By Fans by dahunsy(f): 8:00pm On Jul 10, 2016
Coughs** clear throat# sooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #BlackLivesMatter: Tiwa Savage Reacts To The Call Out By Fans by Originalsly: 8:03pm On Jul 10, 2016
BlackIsLife:
Where was she when people are been slughtered like cow in benue, enugu? - blood attention seeker!
Where were you?....or any of the celebrities you admire?.... what did any of you do to publicly condemn the slaughter? ...huh? She is using her celebrity status to help bring about changes for both home and abroad ...while your celebrities be busy posting what they just bought or plan to buy....bloody blind attention seeker.

8 Likes

Re: #BlackLivesMatter: Tiwa Savage Reacts To The Call Out By Fans by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 10, 2016
SillyeRabbit:

What r u doing on Nairaland then .

I am 99.9% sure u r a Nigerian living in d USA trying to act like a citizen . I despise your type

Oya get lost

21 Likes

Re: #BlackLivesMatter: Tiwa Savage Reacts To The Call Out By Fans by gare(f): 8:15pm On Jul 10, 2016
SillyeRabbit:

You're nothing but a rabbit claiming citizenship shame on you

11 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

D'banj’s $25,000 Suit Of Money / Watch Video: Tonto Dikeh Talks About Her And Wizkid, Sitting With Légs Wide Open / Any Nigerian Celebrities Dating Each Other?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.