Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,088 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember (49006 Views)

Frank Olize Of NTA Newsline. How Many Remember Him? (Photos) / Where Can I Download English Telenovelas? / All Time Nollywood Movies Of The 90s (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by oluwabishop: 11:07am On Jul 11, 2016
Omolola1:
Passions was so my favorite...
8pm or 9pm on AiT, can't remember...would then go to school the following day to talk about the episode with friends...

I still remember the sound track vaguely:
"I would hold the hands of the one who'd take me places
And kiss the lips of the one who seems so sweet
And I would fly on the wings of the bird
And it would take me higher...
You are the fire burning inside of me,
You are my passion for life." grin cool

would hold the hand of the one who could lead me places
And kiss the lips of the one who could sing so sweet
And I would fly on a wings of a bird I knew could take me highest
Breathe in, breathe out
You keep me alive
You are the fire burning inside
Breathe in breathe out
You keep me alive
You are my fire, my passions for life

I would dance with the feet I knew could always follow
And take the road that had the straightest line
You do all of these things for me
You are all, and then some

Breathe in, breathe out
You keep me alive
You are the fire burning inside
Breathe in breathe out
You keep me alive
You are the fire burning inside of me
You are my passion for life

Passions was 8pm Wednesdays, AIT.
When you watch the opening and closing montages over several episodes, you can't help but learn that beautiful song

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by ericlove4all: 11:07am On Jul 11, 2016
0ubenji:

I dnt fink I can argue wit u even if u might be wrong on that secrets of the sand airing times..
Coz u were so on point with d odaz..that 'no one but u' u mentioned juz game me some nostalgia..
Some gud ol' memories floodin in..
U recall one Nigeria soap? " Wind of destiny" uh?
I'm tryin to recall if I actually mistook its airing times for SECRETS OF THE SAND coz I used to like em' both so much..
But somehow I stil fink itz sundays oo..
Afta secrets of the sand broke my heart with their ambiguous ending..mehn I vowed never to fall in love wit any telenovella again..lolz..
Even wen PASSIONS came in the early 2000's..na half mind I use watch am for the fear of heartbrk(which eventuali apund too)

Wind of destiny was Sunday 8 to 9pm.
Secret of the sand was Tuesday and Wednesday. Wednesday episodes normally put one in suspence. The ending was very ok. Ruth got Marcus. Rachel died of car. Her car was hit by Ruth exlover dat got her pregnant and abandoned her. Daluwa turned to tourists and zoroman. Mr donnatus died or daluwa's father portraits. Mr bregello died of heart attack wen trying to get Bruno position and control of the bitch. He hated on caricature dat was used to hunt him- many copies were produced. The governor's wife (Mr bunno wife) got clean by exposing her past like as a stripper and dat courage won the heart of the people and helped her husband to regain his position. The cowboy got a decent wife (the spoilt rich man daughter - can remember her name repented and became a very good girl). Rachel mother came back to fishing life after d death of Rachel and she abandoned her dream of leaving in the city which Rachel gave her)
Almost perfect ending.....
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by girl4rmspace(f): 11:12am On Jul 11, 2016
kasimseun:
What about Buffy the vampire slayer....... #teambuffy

buffy and angel are no soap operas, they are regular action tv series

2 Likes

Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by 0ubenji(m): 11:14am On Jul 11, 2016
ericlove4all:

Wind of destiny was Sunday 8 to 9pm.
Secret of the sand was Tuesday and Wednesday. Wednesday episodes normally put one in suspence. The ending was very ok. Ruth got Marcus. Rachel died of car. Her car was hit by Ruth exlover dat got her pregnant and abandoned her. Daluwa turned to tourists and zoroman. Mr donnatus died or daluwa's father portraits. Mr bregello died of heart attack wen trying to get Bruno position and control of the bitch. He hated on caricature dat was used to hunt him- many copies were produced. The governor's wife (Mr bunno wife) got clean by exposing her past like as a stripper and dat courage won the heart of the people and helped her husband to regain his position. The cowboy got a decent wife (the spoilt rich man daughter - can remember her name repented and became a very good girl). Rachel mother came back to fishing life after d death of Rachel and she abandoned her dream of leaving in the city which Rachel gave her)
Almost perfect ending.....
Dat was my point mehn...no1 was sure she died mehn..
Evri1 was waitin for a next episode dat neva came..
U wanna tell me u sef dint expect a next episode?..
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by ericlove4all: 11:25am On Jul 11, 2016
0ubenji:

Dat was my point mehn...no1 was sure she died mehn..
Evri1 was waitin for a next episode dat neva came..
U wanna tell me u sef dint expect a next episode?..

She died cos it was announced in the News. Her mother got the news and returned back to her husband.
We never believe it will ever had an ending cos of its level of suspense and secrecy. It was actually The secrets of the sand.
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by Bhenehdikt(m): 11:27am On Jul 11, 2016
girl4rmspace:

charity worst? No way, she's my favourite female character. Louis and Miguel rocks too.

Sheridan was my female best,plus she's pretty also
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by girl4rmspace(f): 11:27am On Jul 11, 2016
martineverest:
others are crap....passions remains unbeatable

#fact

1 Like

Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by Bhenehdikt(m): 11:29am On Jul 11, 2016
girl4rmspace:

buffy and angel are no soap operas, they are regular action tv series
I don't think Buffy was of the 90's.. Like you said,its a regular action series.
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by petitejolie(f): 11:34am On Jul 11, 2016
talking about d 90s we had; secret of the sand, maraia de los Angeles, santababra, days of our lives, wild rose, rich also cry e.t.c

1 Like

Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by girl4rmspace(f): 11:35am On Jul 11, 2016
Bhenehdikt:

Sheridan was my female best,plus she's pretty also

yes she was, but what made charity more memorable to me is because she was the centre of the supernatural elements in the series. Infact when i think passions, the first scene that comes to mind is charity wearing that evil pendant which was given to her by tabitha.

I even started downloading the episodes last week from the very start, so its quite funny seeing this topic

though i could only watch 10 episodes so far due to how busy i have been lately.

1 Like

Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by Toroze(m): 11:38am On Jul 11, 2016
omolola15:
This list is not complete. You left out one telenovela my sisters would die for back in the days. Even Mariam my neighbor no dey let person rest back then.

MARIA DE LOS ANGELES... One of the reasons my Saturday is always interesting.

I love passion as well. And also second chance was nice. But it was the last telenovela I saw.
Mehn yah head is there....I watch that ish on vhr that's how is it was.... grin grin grin
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by omolola15(m): 11:47am On Jul 11, 2016
Toroze:
Mehn yah head is there....I watch that ish on vhr that's how is it was.... grin grin grin

NTA was my sure partner back then. Every Saturday 10pm to 11pm...

1 Like

Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by lordmassac(m): 11:56am On Jul 11, 2016
When you say early 90s you should include :
WILD ROSE, THE RICH ALSO CRIES, BOLD AND BEAUTIFUL... among others.

Back then, every body want to get home before 8 PM.
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by ghost08(m): 12:02pm On Jul 11, 2016
omolola15:
This list is not complete. You left out one telenovela my sisters would die for back in the days. Even Mariam my neighbor no dey let person rest back then.

I love passion as well. And also second chance was nice. But it was the last telenovela I saw.

Nothing in dis world beats MARIA DE LOS ANGELES
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by 99foxxy(f): 12:04pm On Jul 11, 2016
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by Bhenehdikt(m): 12:11pm On Jul 11, 2016
girl4rmspace:

yes she was, but what made charity more memorable to me is because she was the centre of the supernatural elements in the series. Infact when i think passions, the first scene that comes to mind is charity wearing that evil pendant which was given to her by tabitha.

I even started downloading the episodes last week from the very start, so its quite funny seeing this topic

though i could only watch 10 episodes so far due to how busy i have been lately.

where did you download it from?
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by omolola15(m): 12:16pm On Jul 11, 2016
ghost08:

It's a real classic. I love it back then. But now every telenovela looks the same. They are always rebranding the same kind of story. That was why I stopped watching after second chance.
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by Arclan07: 12:27pm On Jul 11, 2016
How about no one but you ,the rich also cry these are great ones as well
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by happney65: 12:31pm On Jul 11, 2016
omolola15:

happney65 I'm very sure you didn't watch any of this series back then. You still dey felele dey wear pant about. grin grin

How did i miss this mention?Chai.Na from childhood i don hate all these Mexican soap opera abi wetin them call them..The only one wey i like that time na "The rich also cry" I get one girlfriend like that,anytime she is around,Na Zee World she go dey watch..He dey always dey piss me off..but wetin i wan do,sebi na make we fucckkk after she don finish nii..wetin concern mee.. grin grin
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 11, 2016
2nd chance all the way mheeen
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by 0955eb027(m): 12:57pm On Jul 11, 2016
allanphash7:
What about............

.............THE RICH ALSO CRY ?

I tire for the op o, wey no even remember 'No one but you'.

1 Like

Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by omolola15(m): 1:04pm On Jul 11, 2016
happney65:

How did i miss this mention?Chai.Na from childhood i don hate all these Mexican soap opera abi wetin them call them..The only one wey i like that time na "The rich also cry" I get one girlfriend like that,anytime she is around,Na Zee World she go dey watch..He dey always dey piss me off..but wetin i wan do,sebi na make we fucckkk after she don finish nii..wetin concern mee.. grin grin

Looool bad boy.
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by girl4rmspace(f): 1:31pm On Jul 11, 2016
Bhenehdikt:

where did you download it from?
go to wapwon.com and type passions episode 1 in the search box

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by girl4rmspace(f): 1:34pm On Jul 11, 2016
ghost08:

passions is far better than maria by the distance between heaven and earth

1 Like

Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by nkemdave(m): 2:58pm On Jul 11, 2016
How I wished I can still re-watch "All About Camila".
just feeling excited cheesy
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by Henz24(m): 3:07pm On Jul 11, 2016
girl4rmspace:

charity worst? No way, she's my favourite female character. Louis and Miguel rocks too.
charity ur best? Always bin possessed by evil spirit, my favourite female would be sheridain even though she sef get wahala, den followed by theresa
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by Bhenehdikt(m): 3:34pm On Jul 11, 2016
girl4rmspace:

go to wapwon.com and type passions episode 1 in the search box
Thanks a bunch!
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by dahme147(m): 4:09pm On Jul 11, 2016
THE RICH ALSO CRY
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by Philadelphia: 4:42pm On Jul 11, 2016
That list is incomplete without these:

La mujer De mi vida

La mujer De Lorenzo

1 Like

Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by astute07(f): 4:52pm On Jul 11, 2016
Tot is sound of the secret
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by astute07(f): 4:56pm On Jul 11, 2016
astute07:
Tot is sound of the secret

How did.Lorenzo wife end sef
Re: 6 Telenovelas Every Nigerian Born In The 90s Will Remember by astute07(f): 5:02pm On Jul 11, 2016
saintdennis:

Yea NTA no gree finish am.
Will Google Ruth and rakael Chaii that soap made brain.

Ruh and rakael was d bomb.it ended well esp malud and her cowboy husband

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Startimes Shades Tstv On Twitter (photos) / Bbnaija: Omashola Mimics Tacha. See Her Reaction (photos) / #bbnaija: "I'm Just An Employee" - Ebuka Reacts To All The Insults Rained On Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.