Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,772 members, 7,806,125 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God (24778 Views)

Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? / The Best Argument For The Existence Of GOD / Do You Actually Believe In The Existence Of Witches And Wizards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by felixomor: 9:21pm On Jul 14, 2016
Forget jare.
No aethist can answer the question on consciousness.
They dodge it like a plague.
They will divert the question as much as possible.
Even the most 'intelligent' ones among them have long given up on the issue of consciousness.

Nothing exposes the weakness of the human brain like the question on consciousness.
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by JackBizzle: 3:34am On Jul 15, 2016
felixomor:
Forget jare.
Even the most 'intelligent' ones among them have long given up on the issue of consciousness.

Nothing exposes the weakness of the human brain like the question on consciousness.

And this proved God how?

1 Like

Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by Nobody: 5:55am On Jul 15, 2016
felixomor:
Forget jare.

But how does it prove this God??

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by Nobody: 5:59am On Jul 15, 2016
4everGod:

All your questions will be answered in my nee thread. I already tagged u

i haven't received notification on you new thread, or you gat none??
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by UyiIredia(m): 8:25am On Jul 15, 2016
thehomer:

Yes.

But consciousness is the means by which observation is done. How then can you claim it is observed?

thehomer:

And at which point does your God come in?

An irrelevant question.

thehomer:

No that doesn't follow. Your conclusion should be that humans come from conscious beings. You're smuggling stuff in that shouldn't be there.

You didn't explain anything, you merely smuggled in an assertion. You've not explained how your God managed to arise from a non-conscious being. Secondly, humans come from non-conscious sperm and egg.

It follows. But I can see why you wouldn't want to agree to that. To preserve your precious atheism.

thehomer:

Is your God an aesthetic question? Why does he keep retreating to areas still under investigation?

God is a metaphysical truth and metaphysical questions happen to fall under the category of things science cannot answer.
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 15, 2016
Vicoch:

i haven't received notification on you new thread, or you gat none??

https://www.nairaland.com/3221351/how-became-christian-believer-evangelist/1#47532660
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by felixomor: 8:14pm On Jul 15, 2016
Vicoch:

But how does it prove this God??

Exactly, God has answer to the question.
But question diverted already.
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by felixomor: 8:38pm On Jul 15, 2016
JackBizzle:

And this proved God how?

God has the perfect answer to the question but u dont.
Moreover, u av deviated from the question on consciousness already.
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by Richirich713: 6:30am On Jul 16, 2016
A man who lives without 90% of his brain is challenging our concept of 'consciousness':

http://www.sciencealert.com/a-man-who-lives-without-90-of-his-brain-is-challenging-our-understanding-of-consciousness
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by KingEbukaNaija: 8:21am On Jul 16, 2016
dalaman:

So I should accept that consciousness is eternal just because you said so and an atheist agrees with you? Well done.

Post expunged

(Modified)
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by KingEbukaNaija: 8:23am On Jul 16, 2016
JackBizzle:

And this proved God how?

The atheists sha . God's existence has been proven . We are just having a discussion .
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by oglalasioux(m): 10:13am On Jul 16, 2016
Your arguments doesn't substantiate the existence of the christian or Islamic gods.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by JackBizzle: 10:21am On Jul 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

You don't get it ? My definition of the eternal nature of consciousness does not really rely on my religious beliefs . Consciousness is indeed eternal

3 lies in 2 sentences. You lie faster than a machine gun spits bullets.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by KingEbukaNaija: 10:46am On Jul 16, 2016
JackBizzle:

3 lies in 2 sentences. You lie faster than a machine gun spits bullets.

When they cant face reality , they accuse you of lying .
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by HardMirror(m): 11:22am On Jul 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

When they cant face reality , they accuse you of lying .
Lol A taste of your own medicine. The same strategy you use.
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by KingEbukaNaija: 11:24am On Jul 16, 2016
HardMirror:

Lol
A taste of your own medicine. The same strategy you use.

My medicine ? A big LOL for you brother . My strategy is excellent and can never be used against me
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 16, 2016
HardMirror:

Lol
A taste of your own medicine. The same strategy you use.

Otemdomino says he wants to explain consciousness to you on your thread. Pls my pepsi must not finish before he is done explaining o. Revisit your thread.
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by Kay17: 1:43pm On Jul 16, 2016
UyiIredia:

Now if atheists are right then there should be no consciousness at all. In a purely physical world consciousness would be the anathema, something strange. But there is consciousness and therefore the atheist is not correct. Consciousness being immaterial cannot be explained by physical means. It did not evolve since evolution applies to physical beings. It does not spontaenously emerge because emergence typically deals with how complex PHYSICAL systems arise from simpler precursors. Atheism being materialistic in nature has nothing to offer to explain mental awareness. But the theist believing in an eternal conscious God has a means to explain consciousness. And that my friends wraps up my argument.

Cc thehomer Seun cloudgoddess Blaqsmith dalaman ichommy HardMirror johnydon22 onetrack joseph1013 Kay17 plaetton Davien ValentineMary lepasharon reallest freecocoa K9blunt Amusaopeyemi

God is conscious. The state of consciousness is not irretrievably merged with God's Being. Now since you have always asserted God is eternal it would imply consciousness is eternal. So you are not really proving Consciousness is eternal but that it is eternal IF God exists

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by Kay17: 1:44pm On Jul 16, 2016
True philosophers and scientists would acknowledge their ignorance but pursue a rigorous research before laying down a humble answer
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by Kay17: 1:45pm On Jul 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

You don't get it ? My definition of the eternal nature of consciousness does not really rely on my religious beliefs . Consciousness is indeed eternal

How?
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by UyiIredia(m): 2:28pm On Jul 16, 2016
Kay17:

God is conscious. The state of consciousness is not irretrievably merged with God's Being. Now since you have always asserted God is eternal it would imply consciousness is eternal. So you are not really proving Consciousness is eternal but that it is eternal IF God exists

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by JackBizzle: 3:25pm On Jul 16, 2016
UyiIredia:

Me sef confuse
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by Kay17: 10:25pm On Jul 16, 2016
UyiIredia:

I withdraw the post.
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by Kay17: 11:26am On Jul 17, 2016
What I was trying to say is that your supposed proof is not a proof but an elaboration of your argument. You have to assume God exists and that he is eternal before consciousness itself is eternal. Consciousness is eternal because it existed with eternal God.

Now if you removed the assumption that God exists, and try to prove the eternal nature of consciousness independently from God, that attempt wouldn't succeed because it will leave you at a dead end. There is no empirical data yet tracing the cause of consciousness.
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by KingEbukaNaija: 1:12pm On Jul 17, 2016
Kay17:
What I was trying to say is that your supposed proof is not a proof but an elaboration of your argument. You have to assume God exists and that he is eternal before consciousness itself is eternal. Consciousness is eternal because it existed with eternal God.

Now if you removed the assumption that God exists, and try to prove the eternal nature of consciousness independently from God, that attempt wouldn't succeed because it will leave you at a dead end. There is no empirical data yet tracing the cause of consciousness.

Ifenes , fellow atheist Kay17 has confuted your argument - there is no eternal consciousness without God .
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by KingEbukaNaija: 1:20pm On Jul 17, 2016
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 17, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Ifenes , fellow atheist Kay17 has confuted your argument - there is no eternal consciousness without God .

grin it keeps getting better doesn't it?

He just said Counciousness with God is eternal. But taking God out of the equation its a dead end aka death...aka eternal damnation.

Awesome. And this is from an Atheist? I guess the God subconscious is true isnt it?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by KingEbukaNaija: 1:29pm On Jul 17, 2016
naijadeyhia:

grin it keeps getting better doesn't it?

He just said Counciousness with God is eternal. But taking God out of the equation its a dead end aka death...aka eternal damnation.

Awesome. And this is from an Atheist? I guess the God subconscious is true isnt it?

True . I actually tried thinking about eternal consciousness without God and it didn't make any sense . So I had to expunge the comment I made about my idea of eternal consciousness without God .

Its fun to see how they disagree with each other . The normally call us confused when we try to have a consensus about different contentious issues with our beliefs . First it was about ghosts and afterlife , now its consciousness
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by KingEbukaNaija: 1:35pm On Jul 17, 2016
Kay17:

Sis , it is eternal SINCE God exists . But ifenes , an atheist , is a claimant of eternal consciousness without God . He is intransigent about his claim knowing fully well that the universe that has a beginning .

I have withdrawn that statement
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 17, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

True . I actually tried thinking about eternal consciousness without God and it didn't make any sense . So I had to expunge the comment I made about my idea of eternal consciousness without God .

Its fun to see how they disagree with each other . The normally call us confused when we try to have a consensus about different contentious issues with our beliefs . First it was about ghosts and afterlife , now its consciousness

They keep trying to explain what even the science they have faith in cannot. So why depend on science if they feel they can explain what science can't.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by Kay17: 1:47pm On Jul 17, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Sis , it is eternal SINCE God exists . But ifenes , an atheist , is a claimant of eternal consciousness without God . He is intransigent about his claim knowing fully well that the universe that has a beginning .

I have withdrawn that statement

Therefore it does not prove God's existence.
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by ifenes(m): 8:11pm On Jul 17, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Who is conscious? You or Santa /god?

Example; are you not aware/conscious of this conversation we are having. You replaced yourself with god. That is where the problem is.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Leke Adeboye: I Listen To Fela’s Music A Lot - Pastor Adeboye's Son Says / What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus / Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.