Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,508 members, 7,801,339 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Meaning Of "G, E, 3g, H, H+ And 4g" On Your Mobile Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Meaning Of "G, E, 3g, H, H+ And 4g" On Your Mobile Phone (5752 Views)

Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You / I Have 50k, What Phone Can I Buy With It? (good Battery, Ram And 4G) / 4G On Infinix Note 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meaning Of "G, E, 3g, H, H+ And 4g" On Your Mobile Phone by timidapsin(m): 3:15pm On Jul 11, 2016
Hello everyone,
I know you must have seen at list one of this letters at the top of your phone beside your network bar : G, E, 3G, H, H+ and 4G
Have you ever imagined what they meant Afriwap took time to tell you there meanings?

[img]http://4.bp..com/-z3E3ebxTfpM/VKx2Avr6cTI/AAAAAAAADUk/CUNRTj7ILPI/s1600/4G%2BLTE.jpg[/img]

This Letters/Number indicates the speed of your internet connection in a specific location.

Note: These letters have nothing to do with your WiFi, so don't confuse them with WiFi. WiFi is simply a popular term used for a high-frequency Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) technology which is mainly used in Offices and Homes.

Lets get started...

G - also known as - GPRS

G is the slowest and oldest internet connection speed available on Phones. It stands for GPRS (General Packet Radio Service), and because of the slow data rate it’s only useful for accessing light web pages and also for sending messages on 2go,
WhatsApp and other Instant Messaging Apps.

E - also known as - EDGE

E which is also known as EDGE is a little bit faster than GPRS, but still slow to open heavy webpages, stream music and videos effectively.

EDGE is the abbreviation of Enhanced Data Rates for GSM Evolution.

3G

3G is the short form of 3rd Generation, with 3G the internet becomes more practical. Web browsers load up heavy webpages quickly, music & movie streaming becomes possible.

The bandwidth and location information available to 3G devices also gives rise to apps and features not previously available to mobile phone users e.g Global Positioning System (GPS), mobile TV, video conferencing etc.

H - also known as - HSDPA

H is an amalgamation of several upgrades to the original 3G standard, it offers better speed and it is thus a faster form of 3G. Making music & movie streaming more reliable.

H is the short form of HSDPA, which stands for High-Speed Downlink Packet Access.

H+ also known as - HSDPA+

Just a bit different from H, succeeding H and preceding 4G, H+ is not as fast as a 4G connection but it is really better than H.

Downloads are more practical and video streaming is much more reliable with H+ and reception for H+ is more widely spread than 4G right now in Nigeria and even most part of the world (developing countries).

H+ is short for HSDPA+ and it also has the same full meaning with H, with just the addition of +. So H and H+ are both 3G connections of different speeds, and if your Smartphone is showing any of them, then it's showing the specific letters rather than the normal speed 3.

4G - also known as - LTE

4G, derived from 4th Generation and also known as Long Term Evolution (LTE) is by far the fastest internet connection in the world right now. It is a standard for wireless communication of high-speed data for mobile phones and data terminals, increasing the capacity and speed using a different radio interface together with core network improvements.

It’s suitable for all internet activities like video streaming, movie downloading, video calls and so on. With your Smartphone being 4G LTE enabled, you've got the world in your palm.When you have a phone that doesn't show 4G but shows any of the other letters/numbers then there are 2 things involved

Maybe your phone is not 4G enabled or maybe you're not subscrined on a 4G Plan or maybe you live outside the location of a 4G LTE area.

Copied from: http://afriwap.com/mobile-and-pc-internet-world/meaning-of-%27g-e-3g-h-h-and-4g%27-on-your-mobile-phone/

lalasticlala

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meaning Of "G, E, 3g, H, H+ And 4g" On Your Mobile Phone by timidapsin(m): 3:17pm On Jul 11, 2016
Mostwanted7 Emmyw Kinginvahala

1 Like

Re: Meaning Of "G, E, 3g, H, H+ And 4g" On Your Mobile Phone by timidapsin(m): 3:25pm On Jul 11, 2016
Refiner Sinaj Myfantasies did you even know? wink
Re: Meaning Of "G, E, 3g, H, H+ And 4g" On Your Mobile Phone by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:28pm On Jul 11, 2016
Thanks for sharing Op.

1 Like

Re: Meaning Of "G, E, 3g, H, H+ And 4g" On Your Mobile Phone by Dahkogrin007(m): 3:42pm On Jul 11, 2016
Hmmmmm..... Av learnt sometin knw
Re: Meaning Of "G, E, 3g, H, H+ And 4g" On Your Mobile Phone by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 11, 2016
These are the kind of threads we want to see on front page

2 Likes

Re: Meaning Of "G, E, 3g, H, H+ And 4g" On Your Mobile Phone by IRserveMyComent(f): 3:48pm On Jul 11, 2016
Very informative and educative.
Re: Meaning Of "G, E, 3g, H, H+ And 4g" On Your Mobile Phone by KINGinVAHALA: 3:53pm On Jul 11, 2016
timidapsin:
Hello everyone,
I know you must have seen at list one of this letters at the top of your phone beside your network bar : G, E, 3G, H, H+ and 4G
Have you ever imagined what they meant Afriwap took time to tell you there meanings?

[img]http://4.bp..com/-z3E3ebxTfpM/VKx2Avr6cTI/AAAAAAAADUk/CUNRTj7ILPI/s1600/4G%2BLTE.jpg[/img]

This Letters/Number indicates the speed of your internet connection in a specific location.

Note: These letters have nothing to do with your WiFi, so don't confuse them with WiFi. WiFi is simply a popular term used for a high-frequency Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) technology which is mainly used in Offices and Homes.

Lets get started...

G - also known as - GPRS

G is the slowest and oldest internet connection speed available on Phones. It stands for GPRS (General Packet Radio Service), and because of the slow data rate it’s only useful for accessing light web pages and also for sending messages on 2go,
WhatsApp and other Instant Messaging Apps.

E - also known as - EDGE

E which is also known as EDGE is a little bit faster than GPRS, but still slow to open heavy webpages, stream music and videos effectively.

EDGE is the abbreviation of Enhanced Data Rates for GSM Evolution.

3G

3G is the short form of 3rd Generation, with 3G the internet becomes more practical. Web browsers load up heavy webpages quickly, music & movie streaming becomes possible.

The bandwidth and location information available to 3G devices also gives rise to apps and features not previously available to mobile phone users e.g Global Positioning System (GPS), mobile TV, video conferencing etc.

H - also known as - HSDPA

H is an amalgamation of several upgrades to the original 3G standard, it offers better speed and it is thus a faster form of 3G. Making music & movie streaming more reliable.

H is the short form of HSDPA, which stands for High-Speed Downlink Packet Access.

H+ also known as - HSDPA+

Just a bit different from H, succeeding H and preceding 4G, H+ is not as fast as a 4G connection but it is really better than H.

Downloads are more practical and video streaming is much more reliable with H+ and reception for H+ is more widely spread than 4G right now in Nigeria and even most part of the world (developing countries).

H+ is short for HSDPA+ and it also has the same full meaning with H, with just the addition of +. So H and H+ are both 3G connections of different speeds, and if your Smartphone is showing any of them, then it's showing the specific letters rather than the normal speed 3.

4G - also known as - LTE

4G, derived from 4th Generation and also known as Long Term Evolution (LTE) is by far the fastest internet connection in the world right now. It is a standard for wireless communication of high-speed data for mobile phones and data terminals, increasing the capacity and speed using a different radio interface together with core network improvements.

It’s suitable for all internet activities like video streaming, movie downloading, video calls and so on. With your Smartphone being 4G LTE enabled, you've got the world in your palm.When you have a phone that doesn't show 4G but shows any of the other letters/numbers then there are 2 things involved

Maybe your phone is not 4G enabled or maybe you're not subscrined on a 4G Plan or maybe you live outside the location of a 4G LTE area.

Copied from: http://afriwap.com/mobile-and-pc-internet-world/meaning-of-%27g-e-3g-h-h-and-4g%27-on-your-mobile-phone/

lalasticlala
Wow, this is insightful. I am so sure lot of persons doesnt know what these stood for despite seeing it on their phone. This is the exact kind of threads that i feel worth being on fp.

lalasticlala what do you think?
Re: Meaning Of "G, E, 3g, H, H+ And 4g" On Your Mobile Phone by Faremisodeeq(m): 3:59pm On Jul 11, 2016
What about H++

1 Like

Re: Meaning Of "G, E, 3g, H, H+ And 4g" On Your Mobile Phone by tomnjerry: 4:11pm On Jul 11, 2016
hmm
Re: Meaning Of "G, E, 3g, H, H+ And 4g" On Your Mobile Phone by Xionez(m): 4:12pm On Jul 11, 2016
When my friends LG G4 showed 4G full service on MTN network...in my village.

Re: Meaning Of "G, E, 3g, H, H+ And 4g" On Your Mobile Phone by Xionez(m): 4:13pm On Jul 11, 2016
The phone was carrier branded...T-mobile!

Some carriers sabi lie. No wonder they try as much as possible to customize Android OS before selling it.
Talk about repackaged lies.

Re: Meaning Of "G, E, 3g, H, H+ And 4g" On Your Mobile Phone by Xionez(m): 4:24pm On Jul 11, 2016
Faremisodeeq:
What about H++
New programming language for Network Engineers.
Re: Meaning Of "G, E, 3g, H, H+ And 4g" On Your Mobile Phone by ladyF(f): 5:48pm On Jul 11, 2016
Na 4G I dey see for my phone most times grin
Re: Meaning Of "G, E, 3g, H, H+ And 4g" On Your Mobile Phone by timidapsin(m): 6:18pm On Jul 11, 2016
ladyF:
Na 4G I dey see for my phone most times grin
4G nko 4S ni
Re: Meaning Of "G, E, 3g, H, H+ And 4g" On Your Mobile Phone by Endougs(m): 6:28pm On Jul 11, 2016
Nice one
Re: Meaning Of "G, E, 3g, H, H+ And 4g" On Your Mobile Phone by BoboFashion(m): 6:35pm On Jul 11, 2016
Nice one, enjoyed my 4g lte smile
Re: Meaning Of "G, E, 3g, H, H+ And 4g" On Your Mobile Phone by ladyF(f): 6:36pm On Jul 11, 2016
timidapsin:
4G nko 4S ni
Lol...

Pishures or you don't belifit abi grin

Re: Meaning Of "G, E, 3g, H, H+ And 4g" On Your Mobile Phone by timidapsin(m): 6:52pm On Jul 11, 2016
ladyF:
Lol...
Pishures or you don't belifit abi grin
Go and charge your phone undecided
Re: Meaning Of "G, E, 3g, H, H+ And 4g" On Your Mobile Phone by ladyF(f): 6:56pm On Jul 11, 2016
timidapsin:
Go and charge your phone
undecided
Lol the battery will last till I reach haus grin
Re: Meaning Of "G, E, 3g, H, H+ And 4g" On Your Mobile Phone by encryptjay(m): 7:01pm On Jul 11, 2016
It's a good piece.
Very educative.
I think mods should start paying attention to Technology section instead of hanging around celebrity threads and moving rubbish to front page
Re: Meaning Of "G, E, 3g, H, H+ And 4g" On Your Mobile Phone by SUGARSON(m): 7:14pm On Jul 11, 2016
THANKS OP. THIS IS VERY HELPFUL. AT LEAST NOW I CAN DIFFERENTIATE 2G FROM 3G.
Re: Meaning Of "G, E, 3g, H, H+ And 4g" On Your Mobile Phone by SUGARSON(m): 7:14pm On Jul 11, 2016
THANKS OP. THIS WAS VERY HELPFUL. AT LEAST NOW I CAN DIFFERENTIATE 2G FROM 3G.
Re: Meaning Of "G, E, 3g, H, H+ And 4g" On Your Mobile Phone by Greenbuoy(m): 7:30pm On Jul 11, 2016
4G is crack but back then, edge was great too. Served me well in the days of handler operamini and ucweb
Re: Meaning Of "G, E, 3g, H, H+ And 4g" On Your Mobile Phone by pendusky(m): 7:56pm On Jul 11, 2016
Nice one op
Re: Meaning Of "G, E, 3g, H, H+ And 4g" On Your Mobile Phone by olatunjithomas(m): 8:47pm On Jul 11, 2016
nice one OP,really helpful........

mind my signature..........
Re: Meaning Of "G, E, 3g, H, H+ And 4g" On Your Mobile Phone by MrBONE2(m): 9:34pm On Jul 11, 2016
In KuVuKi Land we only see 5G+ cheesy
Cos our forefathers have being using the internet since the ancient time. cheesy
Gyarbonka Shakalalalaaaaaa cheesy

1 Like

Re: Meaning Of "G, E, 3g, H, H+ And 4g" On Your Mobile Phone by Mostwanted7: 11:08pm On Jul 11, 2016
Educative
Re: Meaning Of "G, E, 3g, H, H+ And 4g" On Your Mobile Phone by ociboy(m): 11:52pm On Jul 11, 2016
thanks oooo. I save am into my memory.
Re: Meaning Of "G, E, 3g, H, H+ And 4g" On Your Mobile Phone by skondo09(m): 11:55pm On Jul 11, 2016
I love this,anyway I hate ignorance
Re: Meaning Of "G, E, 3g, H, H+ And 4g" On Your Mobile Phone by superfelix: 1:04am On Jul 12, 2016
Nice
Re: Meaning Of "G, E, 3g, H, H+ And 4g" On Your Mobile Phone by Heryorh: 5:27am On Jul 12, 2016
this is good

(1) (2) (Reply)

Android Movies Download Apps You Should Have on your phone / Wow! ETISALAT 200naira For 1GB.... / My Review Of The redmi K20 Pro �� Any Questions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.