Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

Photos | Chimamanda's Americanah Featured In Orange Is The New Black - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Photos | Chimamanda's Americanah Featured In Orange Is The New Black (20897 Views)

PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene / My Honest Observation And Critique Of Americanah By Chimanda Adichie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos | Chimamanda's Americanah Featured In Orange Is The New Black by Icemany: 6:30pm On Jul 12, 2016
chiwetel:
chai...its funny how ur kind would still criticise her if she neglects her roots.
ooh..so she should talk about Yankee high school abi
see eh..let me nuh even change it for you.she is an outstanding writer and we,her fans appreciate her.

cry cry cry cry
Re: Photos | Chimamanda's Americanah Featured In Orange Is The New Black by Boyooosa(m): 7:43pm On Jul 12, 2016
JonSnow:
So we should fly?
WOW! So u exist? U forced me to comment to ur comment... embarassed
Re: Photos | Chimamanda's Americanah Featured In Orange Is The New Black by JonSnow(m): 8:17pm On Jul 12, 2016
Boyooosa:

WOW! So u exist? U forced me to comment to ur comment... embarassed

Of course I exist.
Re: Photos | Chimamanda's Americanah Featured In Orange Is The New Black by Illuminatus(m): 8:29pm On Jul 12, 2016
Icemany:

Nice perspective.
I think you are definitely blinded.

What i find most ironical about her style of write up is thatshe writes in a way that alienates the rest of the world,a style only a naija born can relate to.

And she is particularly fond of "university staff kid life stories"which i can relate to by the way.
But i wonder,how do the international community give her the awards when they can barely relate to her perspective...
That girl juju strong.......lol

How do you read Willams Shakespeare, Charles Dickens, JRR Toikien and co and understand them?

Why and how is it different from Chiamanda Adichie?

1 Like

Re: Photos | Chimamanda's Americanah Featured In Orange Is The New Black by Icemany: 8:53pm On Jul 12, 2016
Illuminatus:

How do you read Willams Shakespeare, Charles Dickens, JRR Toikien and co and understand them?

Why and how is it different from Chiamanda Adichie?

The english culture is a universally accepted culture.
The nigerian way of life is much narrowed.
So i find it hard to believe that they gully grasp it.
Her works personally to me are not worth the hype.
Something about her just stands her out.
We igbos call it "Chi oma" . "Good fortune"
.she is ok but nothing in her writeups merit the intl acclaims.
Re: Photos | Chimamanda's Americanah Featured In Orange Is The New Black by ifykem: 10:02pm On Jul 12, 2016
And you still dey this plant?? Oya come do dey go Mars!

Oya make I follow u to mars
Re: Photos | Chimamanda's Americanah Featured In Orange Is The New Black by smileysmiles(f): 10:29pm On Jul 12, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I don't think there is anything to be proud of. For all intents and purposes, Chimamanda is an American. It's almost like saying you are proud of Uzo Aduba (Crazy Eyes).

Hi... You should watch Uzo Aduba's interview on the Ellen DeGeneres show ... You'd be proud too.
Re: Photos | Chimamanda's Americanah Featured In Orange Is The New Black by Silumi(f): 12:44am On Jul 13, 2016
kraftykc:

I read Purple Hibiscus and it was alright. Started Half of a Yellow Sun and couldn't continue, I finished Americanah and wanted to strangle everyone who thought it "good"! It was pure shite! Terrible storyline with zero social impact to an actual Nigerian, horrible values being promoted and just a detestable lead character. I was thoroughly disappointed with the lead.
my experience is no different from yours. she imbibed the western culture into the story as though it was our normal way of life.I just couldn't relate and the end was purely terrible same ideology in the thing around your neck.I agree it was no good read at all
Re: Photos | Chimamanda's Americanah Featured In Orange Is The New Black by homesteady(m): 11:01pm On Aug 08, 2016
uzolexis:
This season made me cry my eyes out...wait till you get to episode 12 then you'll understand.

Oh dear! I also cried last night after watching it(nobody saw me tho') ! My eyes are still watery now and I've been thinking about it through out today. This season was so sorrowful, far darker and chilling than the other seasons.
RIP poussey.
Can't wait for next season.

1 Like

Re: Photos | Chimamanda's Americanah Featured In Orange Is The New Black by musa7m(m): 7:41am On Nov 06, 2016
temptnow:
i was watching episode 6 and saw one of the actors reading her book.
n do you have season 5

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Deleted Post / What's The Worst Grammatical Error You Have Ever Heard / The Gods Are Hungry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.