Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,422 members, 7,808,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc - Foreign Affairs (192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc (983462 Views)

President Zuma Had Telephonic Discussions With President Trump / Photos: Heavy U.S Military Equipments Arrives Germany Against Russian. / @elbinawi Tweets On International Qudsday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 22, 2017
tdayof:
Nemesis2u waiting for your analysis on USS Fitzgerald and it's AEGIS.
nemesis2u nemesis2u nemesis2u

whaaat embarassed

when did i promise that herculean task ? ....... cry cry cry cry

grin grin grin grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 7:11pm On Jun 22, 2017
nemesis2u:

whaaat embarassed

when did i promise that herculean task ? ....... cry cry cry cry

grin grin grin grin
it's a must task.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 22, 2017
Ahead of PM Narendra Modi visit, Trump administration clears deal for sale of 22 Guardian drones to India. The US has cleared the sale of 22 unmanned Guardian drones to India, governmental sources said today.

The Indian Navy had made the request for this intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) platform last year. guardian drones r equipped with the Raytheon SeaVue marine search radar and their electro-optical infrared sensor r optimized for maritime operations.

lol , India had a couple of years ago negotiated a deal with a US for actuators for drones , the Obama administration had shot it done. later India developed her own actuators for the drones successfully .

now they r selling drones to India?

i am not complaining becz i know what will happen next.

after the drones r delivered, India will claim one of the drones have crashed into the sea , while the DRDO will be busy dissecting the said drone inorder to boost its own drone technology/capabilities grin

Guardian drones Sensor Payloads:

1.MTS-B EO/IR
2.Raytheon SeaVue multi-mode maritime radar
3.Inmarsat (SATCOM)
4.Automated Identification System (AIS)
5.SIGINT/ESM system
6.Dual-ARC-210 radios
7.Dual-Wulfsberg radios
8.Traffic Collision Avoidance System (TCAS)

Further
It has
Triple-redundant flight control system
Redundant flight control surfaces
Remotely piloted or fully autonomous
MIL-STD-1760 stores management system
Seven external stations for carriage of payloads
C-Band line-of-sight data link control
Ku-Band beyond line-of-sight/SATCOM data link control
Over 90% system operational availability
C-130 transportable (or self-deploys)

Endurance 30-40 hours , 50,000 feet operational altitude

AFAIK
Reaper drones are controlled in Las Vegas for all Reaper users including the foreign ones, so will india accept that , i dont think IN will like that ?
what about the datalinks and SATCOM , will it be changed to use Indian satellites like Indian navy GSAT-7, and who will change it ,India or US ?

going by the P8I deal , most probably Indian equipments ie datalinks and SATCOM might be integrated , but not sure if it will be easy to integrate 3rd party systems on space constrained UAVs plus there is the question of compatibility .

the deal reportedly costs 2-3 billion dollars , its funny becz LCA development together with the country wide infrastructure and facilities costed less than 2 billion dollars

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 22, 2017
tdayof:
it's a must task.

noooooo cry cry cry

i think it is the appropriate time to demonstrate my Houdini vanishing trick

1...2...3.... poof! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 22, 2017
MIG-25 Foxbat - Full Flight To The Edge Of Space cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCVMuxx7YKY

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:04am On Jun 23, 2017
-deleted-
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:14am On Jun 23, 2017
@henry240 can u get mydn44 to unblock the post by nemesis2u above.
thanks
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by bidexiii: 8:07am On Jun 23, 2017
Canadian sniper 'kills IS militant two miles away'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/40372403

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 11:20am On Jun 23, 2017
Chinese third carrier.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 23, 2017
360° camera captures Russian MiG-29 flying into the stratosphere

Move the mouse inside the video to have a 360° view wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNJZaCE_E58

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 12:58am On Jun 24, 2017
smiley

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:24am On Jun 24, 2017
copy paste

Russia’s next generation early radar warning aircraft, the Beriyev A-100 Premier “flying radar,” is in its final stages of development now. It is scheduled to begin testing before this year is out, Technodinamika Holding Company deputy head Igor Nasenkov, one of the parties engaged in the plane’s development, told Sputnik.
"We have every reason to hope that we’ll be able to test fly the plane before the end of this year,” Nasenkov said, adding that talking about the A-100’s mass production now would be premature.
Deputy Defense Minister Yuri Borisov said in May that testing of Russia’s all-new AWACS plane could begin in July.
"This is a priority for our state armament program. I can tell you all that work is in progress and is strictly on schedule and we'll get down to state trial testing in July," Borisov said.
The Beriyev A-100, which is based on the Il-76MD-90A transport aircraft, was first tested in flight on a flying laboratory in April.
The A-100 Premier is a new generation of early radar warning and control aircraft designed to track aerial targets, including US F-22 and F-35 stealth fighters, and surface ships, as well as alert command centers about developments in the sky or at sea.
The A-100, already nicknamed “a flying mushroom” due to the distinctive rotating radar dome above the fuselage, is an upgrade of its A-50 predecessor that first flew in 1978 and entered service in 1984.
Its avionics and configuration are similar to the A-50’s, but the A-100 is built around a new multilateration radar unit featuring a pair of phased-array antennas capable of detecting enemy fighter planes at a distance of up to 600 kilometers (372 miles) and surface ships up to 400 kilometers (250 miles) away.
Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu said that as part of the ongoing R&D process, Russia plans to build two A-100 Premier planes – a flying lab and a test aircraft.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:57am On Jun 24, 2017
Indian navy floating dock FDN-1 in Andaman Nicobar sea

it allows repair of ships even at sea if required

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:00am On Jun 24, 2017
this is interesting naval vessel under construction for indian navy

i wonder whats its use

i suspect purpose build target practice vessel, but i could be wrong

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:04am On Jun 24, 2017
Triton

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:35am On Jun 24, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwSJiAwoMpY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzfm4pYhIyY

might interest those who think they know all about rifles

4 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:13am On Jun 24, 2017
Rafale simulator

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by kikuyu1(m): 8:37am On Jun 24, 2017
THE OTHER FOREIGN LEGION

These were true badarses! You know it when their commander,Milan Astray,aka "the Glorious Mutilated One," is a one-eyed,-armed mofo who says "death in combat is the highest honour."

The Spanish foreign legion was created in 1920 to defend their N Africa colonial possessions. They were equally ferocious against rebels,Spanish communists and civilians.

Officially the Regiment of Foreigners (Tercio de Extranjeros), it was commonly—and preferably by its leaders and men—known as the Foreign Legion (Legion Extranjeros). No matter what the name implied, however, Spain’s “foreign” force would be 90 percent Spanish 90 percent of the time. The first commander, inevitably, was Millan Astray. For his deputy he made a fateful choice, starting an obscure ambitious officer on the road to eventual command of the Legion and of Spain itself: Captain Francisco Franco.

http://warfarehistorynetwork.com/daily/military-history/bridegrooms-of-death-the-spanish-foreign-legion/

Alas! Nowadays they're mainly engaged in PKOs.

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 24, 2017
T-14 Armata live ammunition fire test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHir3MHETxU
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 24, 2017
J-20

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by kikuyu1(m): 8:48am On Jun 25, 2017
How many of you've heard of the USS liberty incident in 1967? Its been 50 years since the Chosenites attacked this USN intel ship in the Red Sea. As usual it was a false flag,with Shlomo and co hoping the Egyptians would be blamed killing 34 Americans.

The most disgusting part of the tale relates to how U.S. warplanes sent to the Liberty’s aid from an aircraft carrier in the Mediterranean were called back by Defense Secretary Robert McNamara acting under orders from President Lyndon Baines Johnson, who declared that he would rather see the ship go to the bottom of the sea than embarrass his good friend Israel. Ironically, the first ship to reach the Liberty and offer assistance was from the Soviet Union, an offer that was declined.
http://www.unz.com/pgiraldi/remembering-the-u-s-s-liberty-2/

Read the whole thing. I've said for the longest these people,arghhh.....you know the rest!
Anyway have a good look at LBJ. How many of you think he's Anglo Saxon? Look at his wife,Lady Bird! Tbh,if you can't recognise such obvious Jews,you'd probably confuse Zulus for Chinese!!

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by giles14(m): 8:59am On Jun 25, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
J-20
really wished the Chinese stole the design for YF23 instead of dis
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 25, 2017
giles14:
really wished the Chinese stole the design for YF23 instead of dis
in thier minds the YF23 loss to the YF22 in the Advanced tactical fighter program was a good enough reason not to.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by giles14(m): 11:58am On Jun 25, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

in thier minds the YF23 loss to the YF22 in the Advanced tactical fighter program was a good enough reason not to.
thats Chinese for you
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 9:27pm On Jun 25, 2017

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 25, 2017
tdayof:

The Chinese military is very impressive, it's unbelievable!
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 9:45pm On Jun 25, 2017
Henry240:

The Chinese military is very impressive, it's unbelievable!

I just wish we can wakeup and get sophisticated hardwares from the chinese. They have good ADS too.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 25, 2017
tdayof:
I just wish we can wakeup and get sophisticated hardwares from the chinese. They have good ADS too.

There is this tracked IFV, Jake posted sometime back. It has the same guns as a BMP-4. Both the Chinese vehicle looked better protected with better mobility.

The J-10 is one fighter i wish everyday we went for. MBT-3000, as in VT-4 is a brilliant tank.

The HQ-9 is an S-300, so i read. The L-80, can't remember the spelling, it's in service with Pakistan is also a brilliant SAM.

Ships, they build tons and tons of them, almost for fun. The Corvette sold to Algeria, the Type-056, and some very beautiful LPDs.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jun 25, 2017
one of the distinct capabilities of LCA is "HOT REFUELING"

it refers to refueling the aircraft when the pilot is in the aircraft loaded with weapons and with the engine running. not many operational aircraft's presently flying worldwide have this capability.

another thing in LCA this also involves fitting "pressure refueling" of the kind that exists in Formula One racing cars, which requires fuel to be pumped very rapidly under high pressure into the fuel tanks.

presently refuelling the Tejas takes just four minutes, and two more to fill drop tanks as well. this time requirement is expected to come down as well in the future.

another aspect of LCA is its relatively low "turn-around-time". Currently, the LCA takes about 20 minutes.

currently work is on to allow LCA to take only maximum of 14 minutes between landing after a mission and taking off for the next mission, fully checked, rearmed and refueled.

The LCA has built-in-test-equipment (BITE), which is a software programme that automatically checks the functionality of every crucial system. In case an aircraft system is not working optimally, the BITE flashes a warning light. On the other hand, if no warning lights are evident, maintenance engineers know that all systems are working satisfactorily. The need to check each one manually is no longer there.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jun 25, 2017
Henry240:

There is this tracked IFV, Jake posted sometime back. It has the same guns as a BMP-4. Both the Chinese vehicle looked better protected with better mobility.

The J-10 is one fighter i wish everyday we went for. MBT-3000, as in VT-4 is a brilliant tank.

The HQ-9 is an S-300, so i read. The L-80, can't remember the spelling, it's in service with Pakistan is also a brilliant SAM.

Ships, they build tons and tons of them, almost for fun. The Corvette sold to Algeria, the Type-056, and some very beautiful LPDs.
Don't forget self propelled guns, if they are good enough for Algeria I'm pretty sure they'll do well in NA service too.
The Chinese have a lot of modern equipment (though reliability is still questionable) hat can meet both our present and long term goals for the army, navy and even Air Force. The trainer sold to Zambia would more than replace the alpha jets
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jun 25, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Don't forget self propelled guns, if they are good enough for Algeria I'm pretty sure they'll do well in NA service too.
The Chinese have a lot of modern equipment (though reliability is still questionable) hat can meet both our present and long term goals for the army, navy and even Air Force. The trainer sold to Zambia would more than replace the alpha jets
You mean the PLZ-45 155mm howitzer. It's been selling real well in the market. Those should complement our Palmaria 155mm well.

The new LPD launched for the Chinese navy is breathtaking.

The L-15 is the best replacement for our Alpha jets. I remember M14A1 saying the Chinese built the L-15 with the map of Africa close to it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (667) (Reply)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.