Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,535 members, 7,801,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc (980724 Views)

President Zuma Had Telephonic Discussions With President Trump / Photos: Heavy U.S Military Equipments Arrives Germany Against Russian. / @elbinawi Tweets On International Qudsday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 18, 2016
chinese8107:

Jesus,You must be a top scientist,aren't you ? working for NASA or .......

Quantun Communication apply the Quantum Entanglement is theoretically impossible to crack
https://www.sciencedaily.com/terms/quantum_entanglement.htm
https://inventariandochina.com/2016/03/05/chinas-quantum-satellite-could-change-cryptogrphy-forever/
You already find the solution what USA or China have just develop.

i am not a scientist.

but i am a person who wants to learn as much as possible.

they only thing you are doing here is posting links favoring your stand.

if you are clever enough and know what is correct,
why not write explaining why my idea of breaking quantum encryption is not valid.
give a point by point rebuttal to my explanation.

if you prove my idea is incorrect , then i will stop posting .

for your information , everything i wrote is based on facts , and has been practically proved , in a American lab they spoofed quantum encryption.

i wrote what i learned in my college and not some links,

did u study in your college using internet links or using books of reputed authors.

instead of posting links , give a explanation why my post is wrong .

i doubt that u did not even go through my post, because a student of quantum mechanics would have understood my explanation and agreed with my post.

also u r ignorant enough not to realize that in my post the quantum encryption was broken indirectly, because theoretically it is impossible to break quantum encryption directly as of now.

i can also post links that claim that earth is flat or that sun revolves around the earth.
but will that change the truth.

"You already find the solution what USA or China have just develop"

dont post wrong info.

americans and europeans are way ahead , chinese have just started.

Swiss using quantum techniques to secure their electorate voting system for many years now.
ur a big ignoramus grin grin

always make a effort to read and understand what a poster has posted.
and not reply in a knee jerk manner like a headless chicken.

i think ur angry becaüse i saw lings naughty photos grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by bidexiii: 10:59pm On Jul 18, 2016
nemesis2u:

the way anti spam bot filters spam is configured incorrectly.

here it simply sees the no of pictures and image size u add using the insert image button, if it is more than 2 and exceeds a set total fixed image size , then it blocks the post.

if the no of pictures is more than 2 but within the set total fixed image size for a single post, then the anti spam bot is not triggered.

last time i got banned because, chinese8107 quoted my post which already had 2 pictures in it but when he added my quote plus his pictures to his post, the anti spam bot got triggered.

instead of banning chinese8107 it banned me because my post was quoted.

i think the anti spam bot is RACIST angry
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hwhahahahahwwaa... grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 12:06am On Jul 19, 2016

The Kamov Ka-52 Alligator (NATO designation Hokum-B) is a two-seat version of the Ka-50. It is a multi-role all-weather attack helicopter, capable operating in daytime and at night.
The Ka-52 can be recognized from the Ka-50 by a wider nose and twin-seat cockpit. Seats are arranged side-by-side. This helicopter can be used as a trainer. Both pilots have full controls of the helicopter. Such arrangement also simplifies work during combat. The Ka-52 shares 85% of its airframe, parts, components and systems with the Ka-50. Most of the changes were made to the cockpit.

The Kamov Ka-52 Alligator is fitted with uprated TV3-117VMA turboshaft engines. The Hokum-B has unique maneuverability, which was derived from its two coaxial contra-rotating main rotors. It is among the most maneuverable helicopters in the world.

Armor of the Alligator withstands hits from 23-mm projectiles. Pilots are seated in ejection seats. It can also fly when one engine is disabled.
The Hokum-B has a battlefield management system. It can exchange data with with similar helicopters or other helicopter types, as well as third party sources. This helicopter is also intended as an aerial command post for a group of helicopters. It provides target detection and coordinates the attacks.

The Ka-52 retained all combat capabilities of its predecessor. It is armed with a side-mounted 30-mm cannon. There are six external hardpoints for different combinations of weapons, including anti-tank missiles (Vikhr, Vikhr-M), air-to-air missiles (Igla-V), rocket pods, bombs. For anti-armor missions it is armed with up to 12 Vikhr ATGMs. These have a range of up to 8 000 m and penetrate 950 mm of armor.
A substantial load of weapons is carried in four external hardpoints under the stub wings, plus two on the wingtips, a total of some 2,000 kg (depending on the mix).The pylons can be tilted to a 10-degree downward. Fuel tanks may be mounted on a suspension point, whenever necessary.

It is the world's first operational helicopter with a rescue ejection system, which allows the pilot to escape at all altitudes and speeds. The K-37-800 rocket-assisted ejection system is manufactured by the Zvezda Research and Production Enterprise Joint Stock Company in the Moscow region.

[img]http://www.islamedianalysis.info/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/KA-52.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 12:18am On Jul 19, 2016
nemesis2u:

i am not a scientist.

but i am a person who wants to learn as much as possible.

they only thing you are doing here is posting links favoring your stand.

if you are clever enough and know what is correct,
why not write explaining why my idea of breaking quantum encryption is not valid.
give a point by point rebuttal to my explanation.

if you prove my idea is incorrect , then i will stop posting .

for your information , everything i wrote is based on facts , and has been practically proved , in a American lab they spoofed quantum encryption.

i wrote what i learned in my college and not some links,

did u study in your college using internet links or using books of reputed authors.

instead of posting links , give a explanation why my post is wrong .

i doubt that u did not even go through my post, because a student of quantum mechanics would have understood my explanation and agreed with my post.

also u r ignorant enough not to realize that in my post the quantum encryption was broken indirectly, because theoretically it is impossible to break quantum encryption directly as of now.

i can also post links that claim that earth is flat or that sun revolves around the earth.
but will that change the truth.

"You already find the solution what USA or China have just develop"

dont post wrong info.

americans and europeans are way ahead , chinese have just started.

Swiss using quantum techniques to secure their electorate voting system for many years now.
ur a big ignoramus grin grin

always make a effort to read and understand what a poster has posted.
and not reply in a knee jerk manner like a headless chicken.

i think ur angry becaüse i saw lings naughty photos grin grin grin

You never read through my link, you mix quantum teleportation,quantuam entanglement,quantam computing & Cryptography together.
http://www.nature.com/news/data-teleportation-the-quantum-space-race-1.11958
yes USA EU did some early research ,but not a quantuam comunication satellite ever launch,it's a milestone ..let's just see this month.it's just too complicated to explan here.save some time.

quantum teleportation :quantum teleportation earned its sensational name because, “like something out of Star Trek”,it allows all information about a quantum object to be scanned in one location and then recreated in a new place. The key is entanglement (see 'Quantum at a distance slideshow'): because operations carried out on one of the entangled particles affect the state of its partner, no matter how far away it is, the two objects can be manipulated to act like two ends of a quantum telephone line, transmitting quantum information between two widely separated locations.

quantum entanglement:is a curious phenomenon that occurs when two particles remain connected, even over large distances, in such a way that actions performed on one particle have an effect on the other. For instance, one particle might be spun in a clockwise direction. The result on the second particle would be an equal anti-clockwise spin.
http://www.cnet.com/news/physicists-prove-einsteins-spooky-quantum-entanglement/
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 6:49pm On Jul 19, 2016
chinese8107:

for SH-1
I think the main differences is the PGM,the weight,the communication system,and chassis
http://player.youku.com/embed/XMTU1MTIyNjU2
http://player.youku.com/embed/XNzc3Mzk1MTk2

pic : SH2 Self-propelled howitzer. this chassis has been sold to middle east for OEM.

following article from Russian site
http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product4157.html

The SH2 122mm self-propelled howitzer is the second 6x6 truck-mounted artillery system developed by China North Industries Group Corporation (NORINCO) in recent years. The artillery system was first revealed during the 2007 Abu Dhabi International Defence Exhibition (IDEX 2007) on 18~22 February. The SH2 was developed mainly for the export market, but it cannot be ruled out that the artillery system may also be adopted by the PLA in its airborne force and marine corps.

The main armament of the SH2 artillery system is a 122mm howitzer possible developed from the PL96 122mm towed cannon (Chinese copy of the Russian D-30) towed howitzer design. Like the PL96/D-30, the SH2 has a recoil-recuperator mechanism mounted above the gun barrel. The electric-operated howitzer has an elevation range of 0~70° and an azimuth range of +/- 30°. The howitzer has a rate of fire of 6~8 rounds/min. There are 24 rounds carried onboard the vehicle.

The howitzer has a maximum firing range of 22km when using the NORINCO Extended-Range, Full-Bore, Hollow-Base (ERFB-HB) round, or 27km when using the NORINCO Extended-Range, Full-Bore, Rocket-Assisted (ERFB-RA) round. The howitzer can also fire the Russian D-30 122mm ammunitions. NORINCO has been producing the 152/155mm laser-guided projectile based on the Russian Instrument Design Bureau (KBP) 152mm Krasnopol projectile design under license, but it is not known whether NORINCO has also obtained the license to produce the KBP Kitolov 122mm laser-guided projectile.

The artillery is mounted on a 6X6 wheeled chassis developed from a 4x4 HMMWV-like utility vehicle, with a maximum road speed of over 90km/h and a maximum range of 600km. The vehicle is capable of climbing 60% gradient., and has a turning radius of less than 13m. The artillery system is operated by a crew of 4~5 people, and has a combat weight of 11.5 tonnes. The system can transform between travelling and combat mode within 45~50 seconds. A typical mission of transforming from travelling mode to combat mode, firing six rounds, and transforming back to the travelling mode can be completed with 2 minutes.

The vehicle is equipped with two hydraulically operated stabilisers which are lowered in preparation for the firing. The artillery crew is seated inside an armour-protected driving cab. The vehicle is fitted with a central-inflating system, and can reach a maximum road speed of 90km/h. The artillery system can be airlifted by a large transport aircraft such as IL-76 or Y-8.

The SH2 is also equipped with a computerised fire-control system, including GPS navigation and positioning, targeting, and communications systems, all of which adopt the modular design for easy maintenance and upgrade. The artillery is used within a C4ISR network at company or battalion level.

video:
http://player.youku.com/embed/XNDY3MjI2NzYw
http://player.youku.com/embed/XODgzNzIyNTY=
http://player.youku.com/embed/XMzExMjMwNDQ0
the desert test of the SH2 chassis VS HUMVEE
there is a SH5 105mm howitzer, The SH5 is armed with 105 mm/37-calibre ,just a smaller version of SH2

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by MikeCZA: 7:22pm On Jul 19, 2016
PART 1.

When the cold war was heating up in the in 80s.

The Soviet, Warsaw Pact forces and their allies such as Cuba, North Korea etc supported the MPLA government in Angola with logistics, advisers, combat troops etc. The "bush war" started to take a conventional shape making the days where SAAF's air power would dominate battles with lightly armed guerrilla fighters history.

Apartheid South Africa's enemies started to deploy in the field advanced air defence systems such as the SA-8 SAM system a far cry from MANPADS which SAAF faced at the early stages of the war.

Providing the enemy with the capability to deter SA ground attack aircraft or to hinder them from emptying their payload and completing their missions.

Stand-off attack capability was one of the counter measures undertaken to negate the growing enemy anti-air capability threat. Giving ground forces the capability to deny attacking aircraft from completing their mission or emptying their payload.

The competence or skills in developing stand off attack weapons is still being maintained.

Enter the Umbani guidance kit!(marketed as the Al tariq) in the UAE.  Offered by Tawazun Dynamics(a joint venture company between the UAE's Tawazun Dynamics and South Africa's Denel Dynamics)

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by MikeCZA: 7:31pm On Jul 19, 2016
The Umbani PGM is a modular design  strap on guidance kit for Mark 80 and 82 general purpose bombs.

The kit transforms general purpose bombs into long range glide bombs with high accuracy in all weather conditions due to it's GPS/INS guidance. The GPS/INS guidance also allows aircraft to engage and destroy camouflaged and hidden targets such as command posts.

The basic version without pop out wings has a range of about 40km.

Drop and forget.

Unlike the Raptor II which needed a second aircraft to guide it. The Umbani PGM is fully autonomous after launch. A data link which can be added in the rear section of the PGM offers the capability to update target information while it is in flight.

The kit is offered with different seekers. An IIR (Imaging infrared) seeker gives the kitted bomb an ATR(Automatic Target Recognition) also known as scene matching capability.

ATR(Automatic Target Recognition)

Prior to the jets scrambling. Mission planners using systems similar to the SAAF MSS(Mission Support System) can upload target information(images) into the weapon.

During the terminal phase the weapon will be able to compare real-time images with uploaded reference pictures, and home in on the target.

While in the glide phase the weapon is manauvreable meaning it can approach or attack the target from a different direction as the launch aircraft. Attack angles and direction can be loaded by mission planners.

Simplicity.

Being a glide weapon it reduces maintenance costs and life cycle costs.

It is similar to the Israeli Rafael Spice 1000, 2000 and the French Hammer guidance kits.

Although certain public available information suggestions it might be better than in some aspects. Accuracy though marketed as less than 3m CEP with the addition of IIR and laser seekers, some sources reduce it to 1,5m.

The bomb with the bolted on kit is carried upside down as it can be seen this promo video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmkjXZQ0tEc&itct=CAYQpDAYCiITCNT64ZOL-c0CFYuDHAodFXwPNzIHcmVsYXRlZEjC7aiFm-20g88B&client=mv-google≷=ZA&hl=en-GB

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 9:04pm On Jul 19, 2016
MikeCZA:
The Umbani PGM is a modular design  strap on guidance kit for Mark 80 and 82 general purpose bombs.

The kit transforms general purpose bombs into long range glide bombs with high accuracy in all weather conditions due to it's GPS/INS guidance. The GPS/INS guidance also allows aircraft to engage and destroy camouflaged and hidden targets such as command posts.

The basic version without pop out wings has a range of about 40km.

Drop and forget.

Unlike the Raptor II which needed a second aircraft to guide it. The Umbani PGM is fully autonomous after launch. A data link which can be added in the rear section of the PGM offers the capability to update target information while it is in flight.

The kit is offered with different seekers. An IIR (Imaging infrared) seeker gives the kitted bomb an ATR(Automatic Target Recognition) also known as scene matching capability.

ATR(Automatic Target Recognition)

Prior to the jets scrambling. Mission planners using systems similar to the SAAF MSS(Mission Support System) can upload target information(images) into the weapon.

During the terminal phase the weapon will be able to compare real-time images with uploaded reference pictures, and home in on the target.

While in the glide phase the weapon is manauvreable meaning it can approach or attack the target from a different direction as the launch aircraft. Attack angles and direction can be loaded by mission planners.

Simplicity.

Being a glide weapon it reduces maintenance costs and life cycle costs.

It is similar to the Israeli Rafael Spice 1000, 2000 and the French Hammer guidance kits.

Although certain public available information suggestions it might be better than in some aspects. Accuracy though marketed as less than 3m CEP with the addition of IIR and laser seekers, some sources reduce it to 1,5m.

The bomb with the bolted on kit is carried upside down as it can be seen this promo video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmkjXZQ0tEc&itct=CAYQpDAYCiITCNT64ZOL-c0CFYuDHAodFXwPNzIHcmVsYXRlZEjC7aiFm-20g88B&client=mv-google≷=ZA&hl=en-GB

USA has the latest IIR seeker technology,also the latest QPS technology ,their Mortar projecticle can rely on barely GPS/INS (QPS) with or without IIR or laser seeker.

pic: US pike 40mm M320 GLM launched guided grenade

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by bidexiii: 9:25pm On Jul 19, 2016
chinese8107:

USA has the latest IIR seeker technology,also the latest QPS technology ,their PGM projecticle can rely on barely GPS/INS (QPS) the latest CEP of QPS could reduce to centimetres with or without IIR or laser seeker.

pic: US pike 40mm M320 GLM launched guided grenade

These is a game changer

A guided grenade, please. Can you provide information or links on such technology.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 9:43pm On Jul 19, 2016
bidexiii:

These is a game changer

A guided grenade, please. Can you provide information or links on such technology.

http://www.raytheon.com/capabilities/products/pike/index.html

according to open source it's a sem-active laser guided missles instead of traditional grenade

no mentioned INS/GPS or IIR. but they have the technology

The FoxNews says the perception is 5 yards at 1.5 miles, but I think the media may not tell everything such as semi-active laser seeker can be jammed multi-guidence necessary ,could be more accurate ect.http://raytheon.mediaroom.com/2015-10-12-Miniature-Pike-munitions-go-2-for-2-in-first-guided-tests

1 Share

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:17am On Jul 20, 2016
chinese8107:

You never read through my link, you mix quantum teleportation,quantuam entanglement,quantam computing & Cryptography together.
http://www.nature.com/news/data-teleportation-the-quantum-space-race-1.11958
yes USA EU did some early research ,but not a quantuam comunication satellite ever launch,it's a milestone ..let's just see this month.it's just too complicated to explan here.save some time.
quantum teleportation :quantum teleportation earned its sensational name because, “like something out of Star Trek”,it allows all information about a quantum object to be scanned in one location and then recreated in a new place. The key is entanglement (see 'Quantum at a distance slideshow'): because operations carried out on one of the entangled particles affect the state of its partner, no matter how far away it is, the two objects can be manipulated to act like two ends of a quantum telephone line, transmitting quantum information between two widely separated locations.
quantum entanglement:is a curious phenomenon that occurs when two particles remain connected, even over large distances, in such a way that actions performed on one particle have an effect on the other. For instance, one particle might be spun in a clockwise direction. The result on the second particle would be an equal anti-clockwise spin.
http://www.cnet.com/news/physicists-prove-einsteins-spooky-quantum-entanglement/

keep on shifting the goal post u nitwit,

the topic of discussion was quantum encryption and by the way that includes quantum entanglement and quantum teleportation.

and by the Chinese satellite is a experimental demonstrator where they want to exploit quantum teleportation which is based on quantum entanglement , on the ground they demonstrated it to 100 km only, Europeans and us in excess of 100km.

as transmission will require still require classical medium, hence indirectly can be exploited.
do some research.

also so called stupid indians have broken into chinese satcom links before, during kargil war they released tapes of conversation of general musharaf who was talking to his generals in pakistan from Beijing using chinese military communication satellites and this happened in 1999. do u think the indians are sitting idle all this time.

by the way chew on this,

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/418968/commercial-quantum-cryptography-system-hacked/

http://phys.org/news/2015-12-quantum-cryptography-vulnerable-hacking.html

http://www.nature.com/news/2007/070423/full/news070423-10.html

http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2010-08/quantum-hackers-use-lasers-crack-quantum-encryption-scheme-leaving-no-trace

https://it.slashdot.org/story/15/12/18/2129246/swedish-researchers-break-unbreakable-quantum-cryptography

http://venturebeat.com/2013/05/01/this-white-hat-hacker-cracks-quantum-encryption-for-fun-and-profit/

http://www.wired.com/2013/06/quantum-cryptography-hack/

most of these was done way back during 2007 - 2010

i hope u will go through this links since u like links so much rather than using ur brains.

hacking is a vast field which includes and uses the same laws of physics etc on which encryption systems r based either directly or indirectly , social engineering etc .

people like u have one track mind who believe what is feed to them , state sponsored propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:35am On Jul 20, 2016

A MBT FROM FROM A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY ARJUN MK1A

personally i think it is a very decent MBT , Indian army was cagey because of its weight which will force it to upgrade its logistic infrastructure to support its weight.
The Israeli test teams nicknamed it as the desert ferrari, even the Chinese state media praised it which left the Indian army red faced.

arjun development was taken up as a knee jerk reaction to counter pakistans acqusition of M1 Abrams tank, but later when this did not happen the army lost interest in it.

Arjun Mark1A has a total of 93 upgrades, including 13 major improvements.
The major upgrades are
missile-firing capability against long-range targets,
panoramic sight with night vision to engage targets effectively at night,
containerization of the ammunition,
enhanced main weapon penetration; additional ammunition types,
explosive reactive armour,
an advanced air-defence gun to engage helicopters;
a mine plough,
an advanced land navigation system
a warning system which can fire smoke grenades to confuse laser guidance.

Other upgrades are an enhanced Auxiliary power unit providing 8.5 KW (from 4.5 KW)
an improved gun barrel,
changes in the commander's panoramic sight with eye safe LRF,
night vision capability including for driver,
digital control harness,
new final drive, track and sprocket.
The Arjun Mk1a has an advanced hydro-pneumatic suspension system which provides very good comfort to the crew,
This tank is also fitted with auxiliary power unit which powers all systems when the main engine is turned off and It is also fitted with a mine plough.

Arjun's digital driver interface produced by TATA Power SED

The tank is fitted with infrared jammer, laser rangefinders and designators are used in navigation ( GPS/INS ), observation systems and sensors, real-time command and beyond-vision- range target engaging. Advanced Fire Control System (FCS) is linked to a millimetre band radar system, laser range-finder, crosswind sensor and IR and radiometer sensors on board.

The millimetre band radar system mounted on the turret is capable of operating as a Missile Approach Warning System (MAWS) and also has a Radar Warning Receiver (RWR) and radar jammer. Four all-bearing Laser warning receivers (LWR) for the new fire-control system enables the Arjun is capable of shooting down helicopters. Battle Management System has a panoramic sight with the commander's station equipped with eight periscopes for 360° vision.The tank is fitted with digital maps, improved cooling system to compensate for heat generated by the additional computer systems Mobile Camouflage System has been developed and integrated into the Arjun as part of the 'Development of Defensive Aids System' project to reduce the vehicle signature against all known sensors and smart munitions.But there are some problems that it have a lot of weak spots.

The Arjun has a lower ground pressure than the lighter T-72, due to its design.The Arjun features a hydro-pneumatic suspension.This coupled with the Arjun's stabilisation and fire control system allows the tank excellent first-hit probability against moving targets while on the move. Its ride comfort is highly praised.

ARMAMENT-Armed with a 120 mm rifled gun, the Arjun is believed to be capable of firing APFSDS ( kinetic energy penetrator ) rounds, HE , HEAT, High Explosive Squash Head ( HESH) rounds at the rate of 6-8 rounds per minute and the Israeli developed semi-active laser guided LAHAT missile(The LAHAT is a gun-launched missile and is designed to defeat both enemy armour and enemy combat helicopters). but now instead of LAHAT indian CLGM laser guided missile is to be used.

The computerised fire control system aboard Arjun has been jointly developed by DRDO with the Elbit , Israel. The Fire Control System is stabilised on two axes, and with an extremely high hit probability (design criteria call for a greater than 0.9 Pk) replaces an earlier analogue one, which had problems due to its inability to function under the harsh desert conditions.The commander's own stabilised panoramic sight allows him to engage targets and/or hand them over to the gunner.The Arjun has an auxiliary power unit to operate weapon systems in silent watch mode as well.The tank incorporates GPS -based navigation systems and sophisticated frequency hopping radios. The state-of-the-art Battlefield Management System, co- developed by DRDO and Ebit Israel, allows it to network with other fighting units.The Arjun has the capability to network with other tanks, thanks to its Battle Management System. In a search and engage operation, several Arjun tanks can monitor an opponent and his moves, and try to eliminate him in a chase or ambush.

C4ISR support for network centric warfare. This allows a wolfpack strategy in tank hunting roles.
Modular systems in ICS and BMS, so it can be upgraded and integrated with new systems at ease.
Rifled gun counts for better accuracy, along with sizeable ammunition stores.
Lower silhouette and more distributed ground pressure along with great suspension, which allows for better stability while firing on move. Greater mobility in muddy and sandy terrain and good speed in cross country.

The turret and glacis are protected with "Kanchan" ("gold"wink modular composite armour, which derived its name from Kanchan Bagh, Hyderabad, where the Defence Metallurgical Research Laboratory (DMRL) is located. Kanchan is made by sandwiching composite panels between Rolled Homogenous Armour (RHA). This helps in defeating APFDS and HEAT rounds. Trials conducted in 2000, showcased the ability of Kanchan armour to protect the tank, even when hit at point blank range by a T-72. It also demonstrated the capability to defeat HESH and APFSDS rounds, which included the Israeli APFSDS rounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QyVGydip1g
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Henry24o: 6:52am On Jul 20, 2016
Eurofighter Typhoon NG(Next Generation)

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 20, 2016
[img]http://3.bp..com/-uiJEl7xfYqU/T-OycNXKpAI/AAAAAAAABbw/lrkKq4VR0Oo/s1600/IFF+for+MBT.jpg[/img]

indian MMW-based IFF (interrogator friend and foe) system for enhancing the MBT crew situational awareness .

[img]http://2.bp..com/-0_xvxJqBRXk/TbBV9B_e45I/AAAAAAAAAD4/C4jBZ-ugp8U/s1600/Arjun+Mk1%2527s+MATS+Driver+%2526+Turret+simulators.jpg[/img]

stimulator for arjun tank

Canada-based CAE’s Bengaluru-based CAE India Pvt Ltd subsidiary has designed a comprehensive suite of Arjun Mk2 MBT training systems to enhance its combat effectiveness by offering systematic training in a real-time environment through advanced simulation techniques.

Earlier, in 2009 CAE India Pvt Ltd had delivered the initial suite of Arjun training systems to efficiently and cost-effectively train the driver, gunner and commander. CAE’s suite of Arjun training systems currently offers standalone training for the driver and gunner; turret-level training for the gunner and commander; integrated MBT-level training for the gunner, commander and driver; and troop-level training by networking Arjun simulators to rehearse troop tactics, movement and joint operations.

The Arjun driver trainer provides ab-initio driving and procedural training to individual drivers. Mounted on a six degree-of-freedom (DoF) motion platform, the driver trainer emulates the MBT’s interior cabin with all driver station controls. CAE is also developing a desktop-based Arjun classroom trainer for procedural and familiarisation training. CAE has also developed a comprehensive suite of Arjun gunnery training devices to train personnel as they develop gunnery skills and rehearse for target identification, tracking, lasing, and firing drills. CAE’s suite of gunnery trainers includes two separate types and levels of training devices. The desktop gunnery procedures trainer, also called the Agastya simulator, supports initial training in handling the gunner station and firing procedures. The trainee uses MBT-specific controls just like in the actual MBT for familiarisation and procedural training. The turret simulator replicates the interior of the gunner’ and commander’ stations of the MBT. Mounted on a six-DoF motion platform, the turret simulator features a 220-degree by 40-degree open-hatch visual display to provide trainees with the high-fidelity visual cues required for gunnery training.

All Arjun training systems can be networked to provide initial and continuation training to the commanders, gunners and drivers at the individual-, crew-, and troop-levels. Along with developing individual skills, the driver and turret simulators create a team environment to support the development of crew teamwork, coordination and tactical skills, decision-making and planning, and crew communications. Through effective training and rehearsal of these skills, the crew can thus improve its proficiency in working as a team and as part of an entire troop during combat operations.

The MBT training systems include CAE’s Medallion-6000 visual system with a detailed and realistic external environment view of actual MBT operations, sound simulation system that produces sounds heard during MBT operations and in synchronisation with the motion and visual cues in the training device, simulation host system for software management and software sub-systems that simulate MBT behaviour in real-time operations, content rich geo-specific databases, instructor stations to conduct training exercises and offer evaluation solutions, interface electronic units (IEU) that provide links between MBT crew controls and simulation software, and networking to connect the Arjun Mk1 driving and turret simulators.

The training systems provide instructors with an intuitive, easy-to-use interface that enables the set-up of lesson parameters and trainee exercises, monitoring of the progress of the exercise, and full exercise control. The instructor can select the scenario (including target designation), insert malfunctions, and record and replay the exercise. Furthermore, the instructor is able to access the same views as the trainee, such as control of own and enemy tracks. Gunner’s training exercises can be conducted both in plains and desert terrain to include bore sighting, calibration, static tank to static target, static tank to moving target, moving tank to static target, moving tank to moving target, and moving tank to moving target firing practices. The Arjun training systems can also be fitted in air-conditioned ISO containers that can be easily transported to different training locations or in-theatre. They can also be modified with minimum adjustments for use with any infantry combat vehicle (ICV) gun, self-propelled artillery , present day tank guns and normal field artillery.

The DRDO, meanwhile, has developed a software package called Visualisation with Enhanced Digital Elevation Model and Soil Profile Analysis for MBT Arjun Simulator (VEDSAR) to simulate the MBT’s performance in different kinds of terrain. It uses data from ISRO’s Cartosat-1A remote-sensing satellite, and is helping in building a new project named Vehicular Interaction with Soil for Trafficability Assessment and Route-decision Aid (VISTAR), which will provide the Army with information on the shortest possible distance between two points, and the kind of obstacles present on the terrain.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 20, 2016

low cost ATGM similiar to lahat ATGM

Cannon Launch Missile Development Programme
The main objective of the project is to design, develop, test, and demonstrate a semi-active Laser homing cannon launched missile that can be launched from 120mm gun and a tripod. All sub-systems of missile have been developed. Instrumented development flight tests were conducted from tripod launcher.Dynamic performance of propulsion system was satisfactory. Ballistic range > 6 km was achieved. Mid-course guidance capability has been successfully tested. Main High explosive anti-tank (HEAT) warhead tested against rolled homogeneous armour (RHA) and a consistent penetration of >750mm were achieved. A gimbaled laser seeker with a seeking range of ~2km has been developed and flight tested.

The CLGM would also enjoy an advantage over the LAHAT in terms of its Guidance System used. While the latter employs a solely laser designated targeting system, the Indian solution is to have both direct/indirect laser designation, as well as heat seeking terminal guidance capability.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 7:58am On Jul 20, 2016
nemesis2u:

keep on shifting the goal post u nitwit,

the topic of discussion was quantum encryption and by the way that includes quantum entanglement and quantum teleportation.

and by the Chinese satellite is a experimental demonstrator where they want to exploit quantum teleportation which is based on quantum entanglement , on the ground they demonstrated it to 100 km only, Europeans and us in excess of 100km.

as transmission will require still require classical medium, hence indirectly can be exploited.
do some research.

also so called stupid indians have broken into chinese satcom links before, during kargil war they released tapes of conversation of general musharaf who was talking to his generals in pakistan from Beijing using chinese military communication satellites and this happened in 1999. do u think the indians are sitting idle all this time.

by the way chew on this,

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/418968/commercial-quantum-cryptography-system-hacked/

http://phys.org/news/2015-12-quantum-cryptography-vulnerable-hacking.html

http://www.nature.com/news/2007/070423/full/news070423-10.html

http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2010-08/quantum-hackers-use-lasers-crack-quantum-encryption-scheme-leaving-no-trace

https://it.slashdot.org/story/15/12/18/2129246/swedish-researchers-break-unbreakable-quantum-cryptography

http://venturebeat.com/2013/05/01/this-white-hat-hacker-cracks-quantum-encryption-for-fun-and-profit/

http://www.wired.com/2013/06/quantum-cryptography-hack/

most of these was done way back during 2007 - 2010

i hope u will go through this links since u like links so much rather than using ur brains.

hacking is a vast field which includes and uses the same laws of physics etc on which encryption systems r based either directly or indirectly , social engineering etc .

people like u have one track mind who believe what is feed to them , state sponsored propaganda.

I am not shifting the goal. yes quantum encrytion could be hacked.but quantum teleportation or quantum entanglement is so far un-hackable so far.Though here are ways to interupt.

yes .I don't know about kagil war1999.but at that time China had no quantum communication system

off course a system has it's weakpoint could be break directly or undirectly ,social engineering ect

.Who is shiftting the goal.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 20, 2016
chinese8107:

I am not shifting the goal. yes quantum encrytion could be hacked.but quantum teleportation or quantum entanglement is so far un-hackable so far.Though here are ways to interupt.

yes .I don't know about kagil war1999.but at that time China had no quantum communication system

off course directly or undirectly ,social engineering ect

.Who is shiftting the goal.

u are shifting goal post , topic of discussion was quantum encryption.

china still does not have quantum communication system , it is going to test one but under developmental test parameters , but it is not a production model, if tests r successful then still it will take 10+ years to come out with a military grade model.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 20, 2016
just to give an idea on the subsystems inside a atgm here clgm Cannon Launch guided Missile

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 8:39am On Jul 20, 2016
nemesis2u:

u are shifting goal post , topic of discussion was quantum encryption.

china still does not have quantum communication system , it is going to test one but under developmental test parameters , but it is not a production model, if tests r successful then still it will take 10+ years to come out with a military grade model.

the discussion starts at hacking server, but that involved encrytion and the communicatin system ect.

could be 10 years more or less, anyhow the world's 1st quantum commnication experiment salellite to be launched this year.Other counties not yet.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 20, 2016

Arjun's Thermobaric Bunker Buster Ammo

Pinaka Mark 2 - 60km Range MBRL uses Israel Military Industries and DRDO developed Trajectory Correction System (TCS) for further improvement of its CEP. This has been trialled and has shown excellent results. The rockets can also be guided by GPS to improve their accuracy. A wraparound microstrip antenna has been developed by DRDO for this system.
CEP is 1 meters or less.

a 120km range MBRL system is under development.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 20, 2016
additional pics

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 20, 2016
local upgrade of bofors 155/39 gun to 155/45 and 155/52 with superior electronic and fire control system with networking capability.

nigeria also has the same, can do a similar upgrade.
@ bidexiii and henry24o

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 20, 2016
If an ATV and a tank had a baby, it may very well look, and drive, like the Hellhound. This new vehicle can drive fast and furious into enemy battlespace on missions, all while protected with smart armor— and equipped with a laser.

Hellhound aims to bring science fiction weapons directly into future battlefields.

Made by Northrop Grumman, the six-and-a-half ton Hellhound can carry a driver, five passengers— and the aforementioned laser weapon.

While civilian vehicles come with options like a custom paint job or special upholstery, Hellhound has been designed as laser-optional, as military users can opt for an integrated 10-kilowatt solid-state fiber laser.

This new vehicle is competing to become the U.S. Army's new light reconnaissance vehicle.

Hellhound packs an immense amount of power into a compact size. And it needs to do so to power that laser.

A laser this powerful could theoretically defeat enemy UAVs, vehicles, aircraft, rockets, artillery, mortars, and more. Unlike traditional vehicle weapons systems, a team in the laser-equipped Hellhound would never run out of “ammo,” as long as there is power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J62r-B3J_4A

source Hellhound ATV combines tank tech and laser weaponry
By Allison Barrie

Published July 07, 2016
FoxNews.com
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 20, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlNvYs24QtM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUQpwZJL1sM

indian company whose customers include US DARPA among others.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 20, 2016
The V-280 Valor is a third-generation tilt-rotor vertical lift helicopter being designed by the US-based aircraft manufacturer, Bell Helicopter Textron. The helicopter is intended to meet the requirement of the Joint Multi-Role (JMR) Technology Demonstrator (TD) programme supporting the Future Vertical Lift (FVL) programme of the US Army.

In April 2013 the V-280 Valor was launched at the Army Aviation Association of America's (AAAA) annual professional forum and exposition held at Fort Worth, US. The aircraft is designed to perform multiple missions such as attack and transport with enhanced speed, maximum reach, and greater payloads.

The V-280 Valor helicopter will integrate a clean sheet design with a V-tail configuration and fuselage of composite construction. The wings will be made of large cell carbon core.

The helicopter is designed to carry four crew members and 11 troops. It will feature two spacious 1.83m side doors for convenient entry and exit of armed forces. The aircraft will be fitted with a conventional retractable landing gear for better control during take-off and landing.

The V-280 helicopter will be equipped with triple redundant fly-by-wire flight control system for precision aircraft handling and better safety. The system helps to reduce the workload of pilots and weight of the aircraft while minimising the maintenance costs as compared to traditional flight control systems.

The aircraft will offer greater fuel efficiency resulting in smaller logistical footprint compared to other aircraft. The smaller logistical footprint helps to minimise the logistics support needed to move and maintain a warfighting force.

The power plant of the V-280 Valor helicopter will include two turbocraft engines coupled to three-bladed tiltrotor and drive units. The non-revolving and fixed engines will make the helicopter more stable during hover mode, and will provide better control.

The engines will be placed at the tip of the helicopter wings. The helicopter will be able to operate with a single engine in the event of loss or damage of the other engine.

The Valor is sleeker, smaller, and, by design, more Army-friendly than the Bell-Boeing V-22 Osprey, which was built to fit on an amphibious assault ship for the Marines. Both aircraft are tilt rotors. Their wingtip rotors swivel upward to take off and land like a helicopter and tilt forward to fly fast and fuel-efficiently like an airplane.

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 11:06am On Jul 20, 2016
[img]http://cdn6.sm-img5.com/?src=l4uLj8XQ0IuPlpzRl5CSmtGRmoiM0ZyR0IeXvJOQipuxmoiMr5ac0NCHl4%2BWnM%2FPztCyz8rQzbnQzcfQiLSXq5iTpqisvpC6vr6%2Bvr6%2Bvr6%2Bvr6%2Bvr6%2ByMvI0ZWPmA%3D%3D&restype=3&from=derive&pi=&v=1[/img]China latest self-propelled howitzer PLZ-52 and 155mm/52 smart munition, GP155 series ,IR/milimeter-wave radar dual guidence , GPS or laser guidence, simillar to that of US Germany Russia

6-25km fire and forget

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 5:22pm On Jul 20, 2016
China made remote control

Unmaned Combat & Scout Vehicle

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 7:08pm On Jul 20, 2016
LG5 40mm AGL max range 2200 m effective range 800 m

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by MikeCZA: 11:56am On Jul 21, 2016
chinese8107:
LG5 40mm AGL max range 2200 m effective range 800 m
How many grenades can it hold in it's drum magazine?
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 2:14pm On Jul 21, 2016
MikeCZA:
How many grenades can it hold in it's drum magazine?
light configuration drum 4 rounds in pic 1 . heavy drum 15 rounds as shown in pic 2
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 7:00pm On Jul 21, 2016
LG4 40mm MGL with red dot scope

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (667) (Reply)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.