Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,869 members, 7,806,477 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

Top Questions Pregnant Moms Love To Ask - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Top Questions Pregnant Moms Love To Ask (543 Views)

Powerful Pics From The 2018 Birth Photo Competition Prove That Moms Are Awesome / 11 Illustrations Showing That Moms Definitely Use Magic / Little Girls Reaction To Moms Threat After She Stole A Candy Trends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top Questions Pregnant Moms Love To Ask by tweetsme(m): 8:59pm On Jul 11, 2016
Real talk: The idea of getting pregnant and giving birth is terrifying — namely because we don’t know WTF you do after you pee on a stick and realize you are indeed up the duff.

Which is why Cosmopolitan UK enlisted the help of Jane Mason, an ex-National Health Service midwife and owner of Natural Birthing Company, to answer 14 questions every twentysomething has about pregnancy and giving birth that don’t usually get answered.
1. “Will sex feel differently after giving birth?”

“In all honesty it will — not necessarily worse — just different. Your vagina may feel a little looser initially but by doing plenty of pelvic floor exercises regularly the tone will return.

“Initially there can be some discomfort, so make sure you feel ready to try and explain this to your partner so they are aware to take things slowly. It’s a good idea to try intercourse before you have your six week check-up with your GP so you have a chance to report any issues to them. You may experience some vaginal dryness due to your hormones, especially if breastfeeding — so get some lube ready! Lots of women report that after the initial discomfort is resolved, sex ends up feeling better than before. They are more sensitive down there and enjoy more orgasms than before, so it’s not all bad news.”
2. “Will my vagina tear at all?”

Your vagina is a large muscle that has the ability to stretch to accommodate the baby as you give birth. It tends to be more common to tear on the perineum which is the area of between your vagina and anus because this has a lot of stretching to do as the baby comes out. There is less chance of tearing if you avoid giving birth lying/sitting down, if the birth of the baby’s head is slow and controlled, and if you did perineal massages during pregnancy.
3. “When I find out I’m pregnant, what do I do first?”

Think about the date of your last period and then put it into a calculator online. It will tell you how many weeks pregnant you are. Ring your GP and ask to make an appointment to see the midwife — they may want to know the date of your last period so they know how quick to get you in to see her. Ideally it’s best to see her between eight to 12 weeks pregnant.

If you haven’t already been taking the recommended pregnancy supplements since you started trying for a baby (or maybe this baby was a surprise), then it’s best to start taking 400 micrograms of folic acid daily until 12 weeks, as this helps to protect your baby from neural tube defects like spina bifida. Ten micrograms of vitamin D daily is now also recommended in pregnancy, but make sure you don’t take any vitamin A supplements as these can harm your baby.
4. “How do I choose a hospital?”

“You don’t have to give birth in a hospital. You could have a home birth, then the midwife comes to you instead. However the best way to choose a hospital is to ask friends and family of their experiences there. It’s not always about what birth they ended up with although this is important, but it’s also about how the staff was and what the facilities were like. Some hospitals have separate birthing rooms set up specifically aimed at natural births with pools, soft lighting, and music.
http://oinsurance.net/top-questions-pregnant-moms-love-ask/

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help With An Accommodation Around Ikeja And Ogba. / What Do You Think About In The Shower? / I Must Make It. . . If Not For Anything For My Mom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.