Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,176 members, 7,780,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:08 AM

Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here (69126 Views)

14 Inspiring Bible Verses About God's Love / 10 Hard Questions About Speaking In Tongues With Answers / Islam Or Christianity? Which Is True? Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Eddlad: 11:57pm On Jul 30, 2016
Weah96:

Nope. Lets assume we find a Rolex watch on the beach and then you begin to tell me that watchmaker has a wife and three children, his oldest child being 7 years old. Just like that. Out of the blue. You even write it down.

When I ask you to provide evidence of your watchmaker claims, you tell me to listen to My heart.

Need I remind you that if you bite and chew your tongue you really haven't ate any meat at all?

Reads like something you pulled off the Internet, I didn't expect you to relate this with God, now am confused how much you really think you know.

How certain or uncertain are you of God's existence?,let's start here.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Weah96: 12:06am On Jul 31, 2016
Eddlad:

What have you done in your search for God so far,let's start here.

Let's see. I've linked up with the humans who claim that they speak with your bible god, who, btw, is not the creator.
The real creator is a collection of sub atomic particles and requires no introduction. But it was only through the Christian ruse that I was able to become enlightened.

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Eddlad: 12:09am On Jul 31, 2016
Weah96:

Let's see. I've linked up with the humans who claim that they speak with your bible god, who, btw, is not the creator.
The real creator is a collection of sub atomic particles.

"is not the creator", is that your accession or they pointed that out?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Weah96: 12:19am On Jul 31, 2016
Eddlad:

"is not the creator", is that your accession or they pointed that out?

Your bible god would be the creator only if Messi and Shaq wore the same size shoes.

In fact, the bible god is described as a human being with anger and other emotional issues.

He used to wrestle, as in hand to hand combat, with human beings. No disrespect, but it's easy to rule out terrible options even without having an answer.
I've looked into many ancient shamanism and herbalist cultures. Your god sounds and behaves like theirs. Anthropomorphic, unstable, violent, rewards with gold and mansions and women etc.

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Eddlad: 12:32am On Jul 31, 2016
Weah96:

Your bible god would be the creator only if Messi and Shaq wore the same size shoes.

In fact, the bible god is described as a human being with anger and other emotional issues.

He used to wrestle, as in hand to hand combat, with human beings. No disrespect, but it's easy to rule out terrible options even without having an answer.
I've looked into many ancient shamanism and herbalist cultures. Your god sounds and behaves like theirs. Anthropomorphic, unstable, violent, rewards with gold and mansions and women etc.

You seem to have it figured ,way to go,now all you have to do is fold your arms and watch as it retires in human history of past religions and from what you wrote up there it's sympathizers should be coming to their senses any minute now all thanks you.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Weah96: 1:13am On Jul 31, 2016
Eddlad:

You seem to have it figured ,way to go,now all you have to do is fold your arms and watch as it retires in human history of past religions and from what you wrote up there it's sympathizers should be coming to their senses any minute now all thanks you.

They are doing exactly that, at an alarming rate. Religion will end when everyone gains unlimited access to WIFI 24 hours a day. It's really as simple as that. These are unprecedented times. Religion may have evaded termination for millenia but WIFI technology only started about 10 years ago. We are now being inundated with information at a rate that surpasses every other generation circa 2005.

Give it 10 more years. Everything now shrouded in darkness will be exposed. The age of information is upon us.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by realmindz: 2:29am On Jul 31, 2016
Weah96:

They are doing exactly that, at an alarming rate. Religion will end when everyone gains unlimited access to WIFI 24 hours a day. It's really as simple as that. These are unprecedented times. Religion may have evaded termination for millenia but WIFI technology only started about 10 years ago. We are now being inundated with information at a rate that surpasses every other generation circa 2005.

Give it 10 more years. Everything now shrouded in darkness will be exposed. The age of information is upon us.
knowledge, information, discoveries and things waiting to be discovered are hazards waiting to eliminate religion

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by raphieMontella: 3:11pm On Jul 31, 2016
Eddlad:

And you asked what evidence of soul is?, get it together,am not here because I have nothing else to do.
dnt misquote me man...ure insulting urself nt me...i never said u have ntin to do...
U believe in the soul ryt?
If yes...then i jst asked a meager stuff..which is prove it..and u said im tryna insult u..or i dnt even knw ur endpoint...i asked smtin very little

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by raphieMontella: 3:17pm On Jul 31, 2016
4kings:

Again I agree.
I don't believe in magic either.
I believe some people get involved in a situation where the subconscious mind is at work, and since they can't comprehend it, they regard it as magic or favour from god.
I found out that gullibility aids the subconscious mind too ( if u understand what I mean?).
tanchu...religion attributed sm natural phenomena to man made gods and has been deceiving pple frm when it started..with time i believe the truth of it wud be laid bare..
After all lightning and thunder were thought to be as a result of anger of gods until it was proven false..
So eida it happens in my generation or in my kids own..bt it certainly will

2 Likes

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 3:23pm On Jul 31, 2016
raphieMontella:

dnt misquote me man...ure insulting urself nt me...i never said u have ntin to do...
If yes...then i jst asked a meager stuff..which is prove it..and u said im tryna insult u..or i dnt even knw ur endpoint...i asked smtin very little
I don't think he can answer that question.
Though some brilliant Christians regard it as consciousness.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 3:27pm On Jul 31, 2016
raphieMontella:

tanchu...religion attributed sm natural phenomena to man made gods and has been deceiving pple frm when it started..with time i believe the truth of it wud be laid bare..
After all lightning and thunder were thought to be as a result of anger of gods until it was proven false..
So eida it happens in my generation or in my kids own..bt it certainly will
Most Christians are not bold to ask some questions, because of the fear of hell and mansions

2 Likes

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by raphieMontella: 3:54pm On Jul 31, 2016
4kings:

Most Christians are not bold to ask some questions, because of the fear of hell and mansions
The fear of hell..jst it..once they are able to conquer that fear and ask questions..they wud begin to see much more clearly..
I wonder why an eternal burning hell as punishment for the wicked never showed up in the old testament...
They noticed this and knew a place of eternal suffering wud cajole pple into their fable and instill fear if one was to err..

2 Likes

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukaNaija: 6:07pm On Jul 31, 2016
4kings:

From an esoteric(Gnostic) understanding
God is all that there ever was, is, and will be, a spirit that dwell in our body(His House).
Meaning the view of the mainstream belief of god to be a seperate being is wrong, but in reality we are already ONE with God on a level that our limited egos can never fully comprehend nor understand.

The pneumatics in the early greece, which were the highest class of spiritual humans, realize gnosis, a personal, experiential knowledge allowing them to transcend the material world. They received direct revelation of Jesus Christ, the inner truth, or divine spark of Sophia (wisdom), which i belive was what paul and some early greek philosophers were really talking about.

You probably have not heard this before and wondering why i am equating your historical(which i dont agree) Jesus with inner revelation. I'm not on weed grin .

I got some parts but I got confused when Jesus was introduced . So who is Jesus to you ? What do you think of Jesus ?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Eddlad: 6:36pm On Jul 31, 2016
raphieMontella:

Soul is intricate and borders very deep into religious matters, not every religious person believes there is soul.

When I said get it together I meant your priorities with rergards to your "search", first you eat,then you philosophize. I don't do insults.

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by raphieMontella: 6:46pm On Jul 31, 2016
Eddlad:

Soul is intricate and borders very deep into religious matters, not every religious person believes there is soul.

When I said get it together I meant your priorities with rergards to your "search", first you eat,then you philosophize. I don't do insults.

frm this..i grab that yu only provide evidence to those who believe in it...ryt?..or smtin like that...i.e if u dnt believe in a soul..u wont have one...and vice versa ryt?

Bt the soul is potrayed as a characteristic present in all humans capable of taking decisions of its own and capable of eida receiving of eternal pain(hell) or praising an eternal god for eternity?...i.e the soul is a materializzed form..
Thats what i asked u to prove(its existence)..if u cant say u cant...nt telling me it shows to those who believe in it...
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Eddlad: 7:02pm On Jul 31, 2016
Weah96:

If Christianity is a hoax it will fail, the bible is its own witness.Otherwise....

Come to think of it peter preached and in a night 3000 souls gave their lives to christ imagine the resources and technology he had at his disposal.

Billy graham came in his time and using resources and technology available then preached to over 200 million people,God knows how many of those gave their lives to christ.

Do the math, guy, am praying for free WIFI sef.

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Eddlad: 7:05pm On Jul 31, 2016
raphieMontella:

frm this..i grab that yu only provide evidence to those who believe in it...ryt?..or smtin like that...i.e if u dnt believe in a soul..u wont have one...and vice versa ryt?

Bt the soul is potrayed as a characteristic present in all humans capable of taking decisions of its own and capable of eida receiving of eternal pain(hell) or praising an eternal god for eternity?...i.e the soul is a materializzed form..
Thats what i asked u to prove(its existence)..if u cant say u cant...nt telling me it shows to those who believe in it...

Stop right there, your initial premise is wrong.Read what I wrote again,slowly this time.
Please don't use shorthand.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by raphieMontella: 7:13pm On Jul 31, 2016
Eddlad:

Stop right there, your initial premise is wrong.Read what I wrote again,slowly this time.
Please don't use shorthand.
still the same thing..or do you mind tellling me what you meant if im misunderstanding your statement?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Eddlad: 7:18pm On Jul 31, 2016
raphieMontella:

still the same thing..or do you mind tellling me what you meant if im misunderstanding your statement?

Let me ask you in this way,

What will knowing the presence of soul do you?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by raphieMontella: 7:24pm On Jul 31, 2016
Eddlad:

Let me ask you in this way,
What will knowing the presence of soul do you?
t wud prove what religion and the bible claim to be true
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Eddlad: 10:33pm On Jul 31, 2016
raphieMontella:

t wud prove what religion and the bible claim to be true

Tell me how it would prove the bible is true.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 10:50am On Aug 01, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

I got some parts but I got confused when Jesus was introduced . So who is Jesus to you ? What do you think of Jesus ?
Well I'm trying to say that I believe God could be omnipresence, but has no part to play in actions of men.

I also believe(my opinion though) that the true authors of the bible meant for Jesus to be interpreted as a symbolic understanding of inner truth from a gnostic point of view as that was common in ancient Greece.
You can check for a gnostic interpretation of Jesus here.
www.spiritofthescripture.com/id923-jesus-jacob-and-the-eye-of-horus.html
Though am not really much of a fan of gnostism.

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Niflheim(m): 11:00am On Aug 01, 2016
"If christianity is a hoax, it will fail!!!"

MY INTERPRETATION: The Pokemon religion is not a hoax, because uptil now, it has not failed!!! Even Pikachu was placed on the currency of a particular Pacific Nation!!!

The Church of Priapus is a religion whereby the Communion is taken by consuming semen!!! This church has not yet failed!!! They can NEVER be a hoax!!!
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by hopefulLandlord: 11:14am On Aug 01, 2016
Niflheim:
"If christianity is a hoax, it will fail!!!"

MY INTERPRETATION: The Pokemon religion is not a hoax, because uptil now, it has not failed!!! Even Pikachu was placed on the currency of a particular Pacific Nation!!!

The Church of Priapus is a religion whereby the Communion is taken by consuming semen!!! This church has not yet failed!!! They can NEVER be a hoax!!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Image123(m): 4:46pm On Aug 01, 2016
MizJanet:

open your eyes to the bold or you need glasses , from your bible , the two feet will go to hell. so how many people have go to hell with their two feet ? or is Jesus lying here ?

Apparently, you suffer from some kind of amnesia. You have been talking several times about a man's feet disappearing immediately he died/dies.

Job is a sinner ? job 14:13

Read slowly and repeatedly until it sinks. The word hell or sheol or grave or hades or quberah are synonymous.

did he say Abraham bosom is a place ?

Bosom means what ?

Are you really saying that Abraham's bosom is not a place? Is there any of Jesus' parables that are impossible? mention them if any, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 5:13pm On Aug 01, 2016
Image123:

Apparently, you suffer from some kind of amnesia. You have been talking several times about a man's feet disappearing immediately he died/dies.

Read slowly and repeatedly until it sinks. The word hell or sheol or grave or hades or quberah are synonymous.

Are you really saying that Abraham's bosom is not a place? Is there any of Jesus' parables that are impossible? mention them if any, thank you.
If Sheol=hades=grave=gehanna=quberah, the concept of fiery torment is imaginary. Right?

Jesus parables = allegory. Then Abraham blossom is not a real place. Like Daarh
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Image123(m): 5:25pm On Aug 01, 2016
4kings:

If Sheol=hades=grave=gehanna=quberah, the concept of fiery torment is imaginary. Right?

Jesus parables = allegory. Then Abraham blossom is not a real place. Like Daarh

No.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 5:41pm On Aug 01, 2016
Image123:

No.

Elucidate pls
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Eddlad: 6:05pm On Aug 01, 2016
raphieMontella:

The fear of hell..jst it..once they are able to conquer that fear and ask questions..they wud begin to see much more clearly..
I wonder why an eternal burning hell as punishment for the wicked never showed up in the old testament...
They noticed this and knew a place of eternal suffering wud cajole pple into their fable and instill fear if one was to err..

Jesus didn't dwell on hell and punishment of sinners,he advocated for love and peace amongst people. Not a single case of discrimination whatsoever. All these "preachers" who preach hell and eternal damnation are not Christians, because that is not what Christ preached and that's not the Gospel. Funny enough anytime someone wants to make a "point" they don't refer to what Jesus did and how he lived, but how some self proclaimed Christians are twisting the word.

Makes me wonder what their end game is.....

2 Likes

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 6:12pm On Aug 01, 2016
Eddlad:

Jesus didn't dwell on hell and punishment of sinners,he advocated for love and peace amongst people. Not a single case of discrimination whatsoever. All these "preachers" who preach hell and eternal damnation are not Christians, because that is not what Christ preached and that's not the Gospel. Funny enough anytime someone wants to make a "point" they don't refer to what Jesus did and how he lived, but how some self proclaimed Christians are twisting the word.

Makes me wonder what their end game is.....
Hmmm
So u don't believe in the doctrine of hell
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Eddlad: 6:22pm On Aug 01, 2016
4kings:

Hmmm

Fear is an absolutely bad method of any form of permanent indoctrination. Whenever people outgrow their fears the results are usually catastrophic and irreversible.

Sure hell was mentioned a couple of times here and there but it isn't a doctrine and that's not what I preach nor should any Christain.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Eddlad: 6:22pm On Aug 01, 2016
4kings:

Hmmm

Fear is an absolutely bad method of any form of permanent indoctrination. Whenever people outgrow their fears the results are usually catastrophic and irreversible.

Sure hell was mentioned a couple of times here and there but it isn't a doctrine and that's not what I preach nor should any Christian.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (39) (Reply)

Father Mbaka Attacks Buhari: 'Disaster Is Coming, Angels Warming Up For You' / Slay Queen Repents Gets Baptised! Was A Sex, Porn, Masturbation, Addict (Pix) / Pandemonium As Masquerades And Lord's Chosen Mopols Encounter In Public. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.