Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,168 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:25 AM

FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action (6968 Views)

Strike Call-off: Ngige, Ibe Kachikwu Sign Agreements With Pengassan(photos) / FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison / Ngige, Kachikwu Set To Meet PENGASSAN Over Proposed Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by afronews12111: 12:41am On Jul 12, 2016
The Federal government led by the Minister of Labor, Chris Ngige, today began talks with leaders of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria, PENGASSAN, to end their 5-day strike action. According to both parties, the dialogue have so far been satisfactory...

NUPENG however says the strike will still continue until all issues that led to the call for the strike action is adequately addressed. Among the grievance of the oil workers include; staff redundancy and collective bargaining. Speaking after the meeting which lasted over six hours at the Federal Ministry of Labor, the Minister of state for Petroleum Resources, Ibe Kachikwu, said

"The meetings were collaborative. They were deliberate, they were frank and solution seeking. In most of the key areas, we had a good collaborative landing@he said Minister of Labor, Chris Ngige, said the only issue outstanding at the moment is the issue of unemployment in the sector "We only have one issue outstanding and that is unemployment. and that matter will be addressed tomorrow because the IOCs are not here.

http://www.afronews.co/2016/07/fg-begin-talks-with-pengassan-over.html

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by locosis007(m): 12:41am On Jul 12, 2016
Stories

WHEN MONEY ENTERS

HOPE THEY DONT FACTIONALIZE LIKE OUR PRESENT DAY NLC.

NIGERIA UNIONISM AND MONEY ARE LIKE INSEPARABLE TWINS

6 Likes

Re: FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by emmysexxy(f): 12:42am On Jul 12, 2016
nice grin

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by jaymejate: 12:56am On Jul 12, 2016
Following
Re: FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by afronews12111: 1:17am On Jul 12, 2016
FG nor get sense, make them go sleep

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by Asokoro2(m): 1:23am On Jul 12, 2016
I use to respect that man (Ngige) until he threatened banks for sacking staff that they can't afford to pay.
God help this Government pls, grant them direction cos they don't even know where they stand.

6 Likes

Re: FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by chriskosherbal(m): 2:53am On Jul 12, 2016
Let this industrial conflict be settled amicably for the sake of common citizens.
Re: FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by Dreal11247: 3:07am On Jul 12, 2016
It's like this is the only operational trade union in this country for now. Others have been polluted, corrupted, dead and! buried.

2 Likes

Re: FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by busky101(m): 5:26am On Jul 12, 2016
They should better hurry cos I cant afford to start searching for fuel shortly after assisting Pmb in searching for his moon

2 Likes

Re: FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by afronews12111: 7:30am On Jul 12, 2016
they need to hurry ohhh

Re: FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by alphamodel1(m): 8:23am On Jul 12, 2016
Level of strike action increasing in this bubu govt. Why?!

7 Likes

Re: FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 12, 2016
Let everybody cooperate in doing things as one

Guys the awesome articles you've been reading daily in my signature has been renewed. Please keep reading and enjoy
Re: FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by chinoify: 8:24am On Jul 12, 2016
Is the chairman from Arewa? If yes... No more strike.
Quote me, if shongo no visit u.
Re: FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by Lawalemi(m): 8:26am On Jul 12, 2016
As for me, they should address the issue of workers lay off by getting government to commit to better funding of the joint venture.

Besides, I hope Sai Baba is aware if all of these developments

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by berrystunn(m): 8:27am On Jul 12, 2016
FG don't even know what there doing

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by Franchise21(m): 8:27am On Jul 12, 2016
I just hope they don't go on strike cos I'm not ready for another pms scarcity...

Peeps!!! Kindly do justice to my signature
Re: FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by aljharem(m): 8:29am On Jul 12, 2016
Hehehe I thought fg was no retreat no surrender
Re: FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by aljharem(m): 8:30am On Jul 12, 2016
Lawalemi:
As for me, they should address the issue of workers lay off by getting government to commit to better funding of the joint venture.

Besides, I hope Sai Baba is aware if all of these developments

Did they lay you off

Lol you voted for change na

3 Likes

Re: FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by nintal(m): 8:32am On Jul 12, 2016
Weldon FG! I pray for good result.

2 Likes

Re: FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by Sunnycliff(m): 8:32am On Jul 12, 2016
When a man thinks that he can bully everyone to suit his whims and caprices, the resultant effects is a widespread hardship and bureaucratic acrimony!

#Changeindeed

2 Likes

Re: FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by Luckylife(m): 8:35am On Jul 12, 2016
This government is a confused , after tell the zombies that the only solution to fuel scarcity is to increase the price to 145 per litre so that Nigerians will suffer more , just few weeks of increment Nigerian have start facing the resurface of fuel scarcity .
Re: FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by Dickson2804: 8:41am On Jul 12, 2016
Strike is not d answer, let them go into dialogue with d federal government.

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by Enyimbamercedes: 8:41am On Jul 12, 2016
Why not begin talks before the strike action...or better still why not prevent strike actions by discussing their demands, reaching a consensus and implementing the deal.

4 Likes

Re: FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by Dickson2804: 8:43am On Jul 12, 2016
Dickson2804:
Strike is not d answer, let them go into dialogue with d federal government.

Yes ooo
Re: FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by aljharem(m): 8:44am On Jul 12, 2016
I really hope and pray they sack for changer. Stu.pid people

Digging a pit for their perceived enemy, they have dug a pit for themselves.

Yoruba ronu
Re: FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by GoldenJAT(m): 8:48am On Jul 12, 2016
PENGASSAN... trouble 2much...
Re: FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by experimentist: 8:53am On Jul 12, 2016
[size=15pt]I know say some bad belle people want make strike take place grin[/size]
Re: FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by AndyAustin(m): 8:56am On Jul 12, 2016
I wonder why this govt must wait till people go on strike before they are given due attention.
Re: FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by engrolawei: 9:32am On Jul 12, 2016
Some people come up hear and rant immature opinions because they are ignorant of happenings. How many times did PENGASSAN call for dialogue but adamant and rigid FG didn't give audience? The only way to get swift audience is strike.

2 Likes

Re: FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by solaere(m): 9:42am On Jul 12, 2016
FG nd d presidency as commonly call'd are jxt bunch of idiots,Bimbo for dat mata...
Re: FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by permanentgrace(m): 10:02am On Jul 12, 2016
emmysexxy:
nice

You are truly sexy. #NoKidding

Meanwhile, what are you doing in Jos? A correct chick like you should be in either Calabar or Portharcourt where real niggars are rolling and know how to spend the damned dough on you.
Re: FG Begins Talks With PENGASSAN Over Strike Action by blackpanda: 10:25am On Jul 12, 2016
Asokoro2:
I use to respect that man (Ngige) until he threatened banks for sacking staff that they can't afford to pay.
God help this Government pls, grant them direction cos they don't even know where they stand.

Stop saying what u dont know. Companies cant just mass sack like that without reaction from govt. Its not done anywhere in the world. We are not in an age of slavery

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happening Now!!?. South African Immigration Arresting All Nigerians / Anambra State To Dualize Major Roads In The State / Onnoghen: Abba Kyari And FG Prosecutor Die Same Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.