Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,176 members, 7,780,218 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:02 AM

Immortality And Science. What Are Your Views Atheists And Scientists? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Immortality And Science. What Are Your Views Atheists And Scientists? (2599 Views)

Immortality And Disconnecting From Reincarnation Program Of The Gods. / Notable Atheists And Their Achievements(undiluted) / Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Immortality And Science. What Are Your Views Atheists And Scientists? by cloudgoddess(f): 1:02pm On Jul 13, 2016
naijadeyhia:

No doubt all will die but therein is the dilemma. If we are all alike how come our consciousness makes us able to reason and choose and grow amazingly in knowledge.

I have read of a little boy who was raised by wolves and grew up but never being fully accepted by the wolves because he was "odd". However within months of being separated from them had learnt to talk but same wolves can never learn how to speak as we do neither can monkeys whom we allegedly evolved from but we can speak like monkeys and like wolves and birds and practically every other creature but they cannot do same with ours.

We are different not just physically but on a much higher level as well.
It's called a more highly developed pre-frontal cortex and more specialized vocal muscles. Some humans are born with defects in those areas and are thus incapable of all of those special functions you named. Brain damage can cause a person to lose his ability to recognize faces, to speak coherently or process language, or to even do simple 1+1 calculations.

Wolves and other non-human animals have smaller brains which are incapable of processing sophisticated language or complex thought, and vocal chords that are incapable of the fine adjustments human vocal chords can produce. Genetic differences cause anatomical differences which cause physiological/functional differences. Humans' reasoning abilities can be traced to specific DNA sequences we have in our cells that wolves do not have in theirs.

1 Like

Re: Immortality And Science. What Are Your Views Atheists And Scientists? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 13, 2016
cloudgoddess:

It's called a more highly developed pre-frontal cortex and more specialized vocal muscles. Some humans are born with defects in those areas and are thus incapable of all of those special functions you named. Brain damage can cause a person to lose his ability to recognize faces, speak coherently, or even do simple 1+1 calculations.

Wolves and other non-human animals have smaller brains which are incapable of processing sophisticated language or complex thought, and vocal chords that are incapable of the fine adjustments human vocal chords can produce. Genetic differences cause anatomical differences which cause physiological/functional differences.

Put what you just said side by side with evolution and then tell me how sensible you think you sounded.
Re: Immortality And Science. What Are Your Views Atheists And Scientists? by cloudgoddess(f): 1:06pm On Jul 13, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Put what you just said side by side with evolution and then tell me how sensible you think you sounded.
How did any of that contradict evolution?
Re: Immortality And Science. What Are Your Views Atheists And Scientists? by cloudgoddess(f): 1:09pm On Jul 13, 2016
naijadeyhia:

And I ask you..what is the colour of the wind or where is it coming from or going to since you know the composition of air?
...what? The composition of air can be determined by taking a sample of it and doing tests. That's how we know what gases our atmosphere contains.

If you don't have an answer then you could just say so.
Re: Immortality And Science. What Are Your Views Atheists And Scientists? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 13, 2016
cloudgoddess:

...what? The composition of air can be determined by taking a sample of it and doing tests. That's how we know what gases our atmosphere contains.

If you don't have an answer then you could just say so.

Look at the question again...

What is the colour of the wind or where is it coming from and going to since you know the composition of air

1 Like

Re: Immortality And Science. What Are Your Views Atheists And Scientists? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 13, 2016
cloudgoddess:

How did any of that contradict evolution?

So you cannot see the irony of what you said when placed side by side with evolution? Amazing!

1 Like

Re: Immortality And Science. What Are Your Views Atheists And Scientists? by cloudgoddess(f): 1:23pm On Jul 13, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Look at the question again...

What is the colour of the wind or where is it coming from and going to since you know the composition of air
The gases in our atmosphere don't have color, any color they show in certain situations is due to refraction of light. And the movement of air is dictated by earth's rotation and atmospheric pressure generated by the Sun's heat.

Please tell me what this has to do with souls.
Re: Immortality And Science. What Are Your Views Atheists And Scientists? by cloudgoddess(f): 1:28pm On Jul 13, 2016
naijadeyhia:

So you cannot see the irony of what you said when placed side by side with evolution? Amazing!
It feels like you are being evasive on purpose. How hard is it to answer a simple question?

How does the development of different brain/vocal anatomy in different species contradict evolution in any way? Do you even know what evolution is or are you just pretending to?

If you reply with more evasion tactics I'm not going to respond to you again.

2 Likes

Re: Immortality And Science. What Are Your Views Atheists And Scientists? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 13, 2016
cloudgoddess:

It feels like you are being evasive on purpose. How hard is it to answer a simple question?

How does the development of different brain/vocal anatomy in different species contradict evolution in any way? Do you even know what evolution is or are you just pretending to?

If you reply with more evasion tactics I'm not going to respond to you again.

I already invited you to a thread on evolution. Go there and see how your co evolutionists are floundering including NLs boss.
Re: Immortality And Science. What Are Your Views Atheists And Scientists? by SherlockHollmes(m): 6:46pm On Jul 13, 2016
Billyonaire:
Astrophysics is working on the string theory that will connect quantum physics to laws of relativity. There are advances in neurosciences that explains the connection of the brainwaves to ether. Consciousness is making in-roads to scientific discourses and truth is my understanding of the universe has been always bolstered by the advances in science even though I have greater exposure to life what means from a metaphysical perspective. Note that metaphysics is an advance form of physics.
Metaphysics has no relation with physics. It means beyond physics but it has not connection with physics.
Re: Immortality And Science. What Are Your Views Atheists And Scientists? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 13, 2016
SherlockHollmes:
Metaphysics has no relation with physics. It means beyond physics but it has not connection with physics.
It is, dont say what you dont know.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immortality And Science. What Are Your Views Atheists And Scientists? by SherlockHollmes(m): 9:27am On Jul 14, 2016
Billyonaire:
It is, dont say what you dont know.
bro pls educate yourself. Metaphysics is a branch of philosophy its not an advance form of physics.
Re: Immortality And Science. What Are Your Views Atheists And Scientists? by ElDaIllest(m): 12:38pm On Jul 26, 2016
Billyonaire:
Wrong, death is not a transformation but a transition. Mortality means subject to death (check your local dictionaries) while immortality is eternal living. While the human body is mortal, soul is immortal. Human body is the earth-bound space suit, that soul wears to experience life on Gaia. After the mortal end of man, the spacesuit is dropped and we are transitioned to the next energy level based on our threshold frequency.
what's your religious belief? if non what's your take on an existence of a deity and an afterlife?
Re: Immortality And Science. What Are Your Views Atheists And Scientists? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 26, 2016
ElDaIllest:
what's your religious belief? if non what's your take on an existence of a deity and an afterlife?

In a nutshell, these words should lend credence to my understanding of the cosmos; "We do not have a Soul, we are soul, we have a body." We are located in space, yes we are. Earth, Mars, other planets, moon and other satellites, sun and other stars, milky-way and other galaxies, blackholes, dark matter and other objects, so we are just objects in timespace. The our physical body, is just space suit we need to survive on earth. Our earth life experience is just a moment in the life of soul. When the space suit body, meant for Earth withers away we get back to space as soul, which we are.

Now, deity is a big name, a big word. We could actually be calling our fellow soul beings as deity simply because they do not have a physical space suit, so I try not to use the word deity much, because soul without body could actually be jealous of not experiencing sex, driving, jumping and drinking as we do in the physical space suit.

A creator, can not exist in its creation. So, Is there a creator 'in' the universes (mutliverse)? I think NO, but its there a creator outside of its creation, definitely yes not not in form of human. The cosmic energy is a creative energy beyond the form we can understand with the human mind, we as souls are sparks of that which we try to define as God. With the bangs we spread out into outerspace and take forms in order to experience our creation and return back with the experience at death to source. We must drop everything at death and return, and yes we drop everything except our memory of experiences back to source, and come back here, as blank hardrives to gather as much experiences as possible and go back again and again while building the planets, making these planets gorgeous and teaming with life. We are the God we seek.

2 Likes

Re: Immortality And Science. What Are Your Views Atheists And Scientists? by Egbabiekperemo: 9:59pm On Jul 26, 2016
Billyonaire:

In a nutshell, these words should lend credence to my understanding of the cosmos; "We do not have a Soul, we are soul, we have a body." We are located in space, yes we are. Earth, Mars, other planets, moon and other satellites, sun and other stars, milky-way and other galaxies, blackholes, dark matter and other objects, so we are just objects in timespace. The our physical body, is just space suit we need to survive on earth. Our earth life experience is just a moment in the life of soul. When the space suit body, meant for Earth withers away we get back to space as soul, which we are.

Now, deity is a big name, a big word. We could actually be calling our fellow soul beings as deity simply because they do not have a physical space suit, so I try not to use the word deity much, because soul without body could actually be jealous of not experiencing sex, driving, jumping and drinking as we do in the physical space suit.

A creator, can not exist in its creation. So, Is there a creator 'in' the universes (mutliverse)? I think NO, but its there a creator outside of its creation, definitely yes not not in form of human. The cosmic energy is a creative energy beyond the form we can understand with the human mind, we as souls are sparks of that which we try to define as God. With the bangs we spread out into outerspace and take forms in order to experience our creation and return back with the experience at death to source. We must drop everything and death and return, only with memory back to source, and come back here, a blank hardrive and gather as much knowledge as possible and go back again and again while building the planets, making these planets gorgeous and teaming with life.

When we have brilliant young men like this still exisiting, I just wonder why some idiots from ofe*mmanu decided to foist buhari dullard on us.
Re: Immortality And Science. What Are Your Views Atheists And Scientists? by ElDaIllest(m): 9:42am On Jul 27, 2016
Billyonaire:

A creator, can not exist in its creation. So, Is there a creator 'in' the universes (mutliverse)? I think NO, but its there a creator outside of its creation, definitely yes not not in form of human. The cosmic energy is a creative energy beyond the form we can understand with the human mind, we as souls are sparks of that which we try to define as God. With the bangs we spread out into outerspace and take forms in order to experience our creation and return back with the experience at death to source. We must drop everything at death and return, and yes we drop everything except our memory of experiences back to source, and come back here, as blank hardrives to gather as much experiences as possible and go back again and again while building the planets, making these planets gorgeous and teaming with life. We are the God we seek.
thank you very much on the stated hypothesis but Sir why have this souls floating about in space not taken up other life forms like us elsewhere in the universe since there are up to ten observable planets like ours that orbit in habitable zones around their stars? for example the Gliese 667Cc that's just 22 light years from the earth...
Re: Immortality And Science. What Are Your Views Atheists And Scientists? by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 27, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Why are you getting defensive for no reason and ranting about information I didn't ask about? You could have simply answered my question.

And so I'll ask again. What does this "soul" contain if our bodies (neurons, DNA, and all) are just the "space suit"?
I like to look at things from a philosophical point of view. . . If this 'soul' exists, I'm guessing maybe it would contain the behavioural tendencies of a person, the effects of experiences to a person's consciousness and line of reasoning, basically, things that can't be forgotten. . . things that make up the person's character. . . Some people attribute the continuous failure of antidepressants to the existence of a soul, as antidepressants work on the physical body and give a sort of 'high' but in the long run they've never completely worked, except if during the period of the 'high' the person was able to realise, or had experiences that made him realize the source of his depression. What do you think?
Re: Immortality And Science. What Are Your Views Atheists And Scientists? by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 27, 2016
SherlockHollmes:
bro pls educate yourself. Metaphysics is a branch of philosophy its not an advance form of physics.
Actually you're right, metaphysics is a branch of philosophy that seeks to explain things using logic, and scientific method is usually applied to infer conclusions. . . So metaphysics isn't an advanced form of physics, rather, its a branch of philosophy that seeks to explain occurrences using existing laws of physics that we have an understanding of. Something like that.
Re: Immortality And Science. What Are Your Views Atheists And Scientists? by JustCare: 4:26am On Oct 06, 2016
Re: Immortality And Science. What Are Your Views Atheists And Scientists? by lookyzy: 3:12pm On Aug 08, 2022
No one is interested in your belief system, neither am I interested in having you believe whatever. I personally do not have a belief system, because belief is a dogma. My facts are from scientific perspectives based on Quantum Physics, Wave-Particle Paradox, String Theory, Thermodynamics, Astro-Physics, MetaPhysics, Mysticism, Pantheism and Astral Travel.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Men Can Marry More Than One Wife, No Bible Verse Is Against Polygamy – Pastor / Jesus And The New Testament : A Closer Look. / It's Time I Started Sinning And Becoming Lover Of Pleasure!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.