Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,819 members, 7,806,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Who Wants To Attend A Hackathon? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Who Wants To Attend A Hackathon? (2844 Views)

Test Your Ethical Hacking Skills In The 2017 Capture The Flag (CTF) Hackathon / Guys What Is A Hackathon? / ISDEV (innovative Software Developers) Hackathon, Hackday. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Wants To Attend A Hackathon? by ictelexpo(f): 6:45am On Jul 12, 2016
The 2016 ICTEL Expo, with the theme: Mobility, Technology and the Nigerian Economy, has a special feature which is the #Hack4Good Hackaton. It is an important component of the ICTEL Expo 2016 where developers will come together to collaboratively build and launch mobile or web apps aimed at solving important social/business problems.

GOAL
Inspire innovation and generate unconventional but working solutions to seemingly intractable social or business challenges.

RULES
1. Technology stack to be used: open
2. Number of team members on each team: 2 to 3
3. Hackaton Duration: 12 hours (8am to 8pm)
4. Judging criteria: creativity, relevance, functionality and design.

GENERAL INFORMATION
1. Date: 27th July 2016
2. Time: 08.00 - 20.00
3. Location: Eko Hotels & Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
4. Registration: www.ictelexpo/hackathon
5. Team size: 2 to 3
6. Costs: joining the Hackathon is free for all participants. Travel costs are not reimbursed, lunch will be provided for by organizers.

ENTRY CONDITIONS OF THE HACKATHON
1. Entrants must possess the ability to rapidly architect and plan out a system. This will be useful for the planning phase.
2. They should possess a wide breadth of knowledge about different platforms and APIs.
3. Beyond that there are the more obvious like fast coding ability, an ability to rapidly learn and debug, good teamwork and communication skills (presentation skills are a big plus), and having good tools that you're comfortable with.

REGISTRATION
To take part in the Hackathon, you must register via the Sign-up page at (ictelexpo.com/hackathon) before 5pm on the evening of 20 July 2016. #‎ICTELExpo2016‬ www.ictelexpo.com
Re: Who Wants To Attend A Hackathon? by Donald3d(m): 7:07am On Jul 12, 2016
can u imagine,age 18 and over ?,this is the reason why the tech industry would always remain on one spot ! Everything in naija age .mtcheew.

3 Likes

Re: Who Wants To Attend A Hackathon? by ictelexpo(f): 7:24am On Jul 12, 2016
Hello Donald3d, you would prefer no age restriction and we leave it open to all to participate?
Re: Who Wants To Attend A Hackathon? by ictelexpo(f): 7:24am On Jul 12, 2016
Hello Donald3d, you would prefer no age restriction and we leave it open to all to participate?
Donald3d:
can u imagine,age 18 and over ?,this is the reason why the tech industry would always remain on one spot ! Everything in naija age .mtcheew.
Re: Who Wants To Attend A Hackathon? by Donald3d(m): 7:30am On Jul 12, 2016
ictelexpo:
yes na ,I am sure there are 15year olds who can code very well ,or even 12 year olds sef,pls do oo,let's push Nigeria forward together ,give the younger ones a chance of exposure ,Imagine of Mark was restricted from events like this he would have probably created Facebook at age 25 or he might not have created it at all.Thanks .

3 Likes

Re: Who Wants To Attend A Hackathon? by KazukiIto(m): 1:19pm On Jul 12, 2016
It won't be cool. Age limit? c'mon!!!
Re: Who Wants To Attend A Hackathon? by yunglary(m): 9:37am On Jul 14, 2016
I am 15 years in Babcock University(200L) and am verrry good in Java, Android, C# and i know d basics of many other languages. And i have friends who are also like me because we practice together. So do you mean we cannot participate because we are underage(Though my friends are above 18)
This is how everyone behaves in Nigeria, even before i was allowed to stay in Babcock i went through crises from the officials threatening to send me home. This is how Nigeria looses talent. When i was in ss1 i was not allowed to go to Nta science competition because of the same age reason. i watched a video of a 12 year old boy, an IOS developer who was at Ted Midwest exhibition , i know that one day , after my University i would travel abroad and when i start shining there, this same people that add age restrictions to stuffs would come out and say US keeps capturing our talents, that is why we have alot of Nigerian Doctors and Surgeon abroad.

3 Likes

Re: Who Wants To Attend A Hackathon? by VenantCode(m): 9:49am On Jul 14, 2016
yunglary:
I am 15 years in Babcock University(200L) and am verrry good in Java, Android, C# and i know d basics of many other languages. And i have friends who are also like me because we practice together. So do you mean we cannot participate because we are underage(Though my friends are above 18)
This is how everyone behaves in Nigeria, even before i was allowed to stay in Babcock i went through crises from the officials threatening to send me home. This is how Nigeria looses talent. When i was in ss1 i was not allowed to go to Nta science competition because of the same age reason. i watched a video of a 12 year old boy, an IOS developer who was at Ted Midwest exhibition , i know that one day , after my University i would travel abroad and when i start shining there, this same people that add age restrictions to stuffs would come out and say US keeps capturing our talents, that is why we have alot of Nigerian Doctors and Surgeon abroad.
I Feel your pain brother, I'm also about 16 years old software engineering student in 300L and tired of the naija mentality of age restriction

2 Likes

Re: Who Wants To Attend A Hackathon? by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 14, 2016
This thread has become an age sharing one, Oya everybody say your age oo..
Re: Who Wants To Attend A Hackathon? by romme2u: 12:54am On Jul 15, 2016
DanielTheGeek:
This thread has become an age sharing one, Oya everybody say your age oo..

grin grin grin u guys are funny
Re: Who Wants To Attend A Hackathon? by olyjosh(m): 6:59am On Jul 17, 2016
Why are you guys not disclosing prize to be won. It's good you do. Not every time someone want to hack for the fun of it alone.
Re: Who Wants To Attend A Hackathon? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 17, 2016
olyjosh:
Why are you guys not disclosing prize to be won. It's good you do. Not every time someone want to hack for the fun of it alone.

Hackathons ain't for hacking bruh, wise up...the name misleads people tho
Re: Who Wants To Attend A Hackathon? by stack1(m): 6:32am On Jul 27, 2016
today was supposed to be the day of the hackathon and i was just leaving home for the venue, na im i get call saying its no longer holding today that they would keep all contestants informed, what the hell is wrong with Nigeria and planning
Re: Who Wants To Attend A Hackathon? by Nobody: 6:54am On Jul 27, 2016
Santa maria! madre de dios!! what is going on in this country?
Re: Who Wants To Attend A Hackathon? by stack1(m): 8:52pm On Jul 28, 2016
and so this ict-expo thing ends today and the bloody organizers no even give more info regarding the change of date of the Hackathon, not even a reason, smh for them angry
Re: Who Wants To Attend A Hackathon? by Nmeri17: 8:26am On Jul 29, 2016
VenantCode:

I Feel your pain brother, I'm also about 16 years old software engineering student in 300L and tired of the naija mentality of age restriction
Same here fam. I clocked 13 on July 17 after completing my NYSC in 2002 and now I'm a member of the standards committee at W3Consortium smiley

1 Like

Re: Who Wants To Attend A Hackathon? by Codenister: 8:37am On Jul 29, 2016
Nmeri17:
Same here fam. I clocked 13 on July 17 after completing my NYSC in 2002 and now I'm a member of the standards committee at W3Consortium smiley
Lol....
I don confuse ooo sad sad sad
Re: Who Wants To Attend A Hackathon? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 30, 2016
I'm 10 years old and I'm in 500L over here in Pakistan... lol
Re: Who Wants To Attend A Hackathon? by logicalhumour: 3:33pm On Aug 05, 2016
I school at MIT. 300L Mechatronic Engr. I have a degree in Computer, Software Engr and Computer Science from Stanford. Iam 12yrs. mtcheew! (pls I need Nairaland angry Smiley code )
Re: Who Wants To Attend A Hackathon? by Codenister: 11:50pm On Aug 05, 2016
logicalhumour:
I school at MIT. 300L Mechatronic Engr. I have a degree in Computer, Software Engr and Computer Science from Stanford. Iam 12yrs. mtcheew! (pls I need Nairaland angry Smiley code )
soupandeba:
I'm 10 years old and I'm in 500L over here in Pakistan... lol
I am watching you oo.
ok, kwontinu
Re: Who Wants To Attend A Hackathon? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 11, 2016
VenantCode:

please what school offers software engineering as a course in Nigeria.
Re: Who Wants To Attend A Hackathon? by VenantCode(m): 8:20pm On Aug 11, 2016
FINgames:
please what school offers software engineering as a course in Nigeria.
None that i know of. I am not schooling in a Nigerian University.
Re: Who Wants To Attend A Hackathon? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 11, 2016
VenantCode:
None that i know of. I am not schooling in a Nigerian University.
where do you school?
which school?
Re: Who Wants To Attend A Hackathon? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 11, 2016
hian!!! Nigerians can lie for africa.
Re: Who Wants To Attend A Hackathon? by VenantCode(m): 11:22am On Aug 12, 2016
FINgames:
where do you school?
which school?
I almost completing the NIIT 3 yr software engineering course and about going for my 1 yr top-up for Bsc. Though I'm mostly self-taught.
Re: Who Wants To Attend A Hackathon? by godofbrowser(m): 2:27pm On Aug 12, 2016
At age 5, I was very good in electrical engineering. At 8, mechanical engineering. At 10, I learnt java,c++,c#, pyton,JavaScript, ruby,php, and built a game called "hitman".. Yes! I'm the man. At age 12, I was in my final year in USC and my cgpa was slightly above 5point ( the school dey owe me points). After graduation, I realised it was a dream.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Help I Have Interview Tomorrow / Free Ebooks On Php Progaming / "oracle",is It Losing It's Demand In Today's Nigerian Labor Market?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.