Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,243 members, 7,807,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) (48600 Views)

What Happens And What To Do When You Mistakenly Put The Wrong Fuel In Your Car? / What You Should Do If You Mistakenly Swallow Fuel / What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) by AutosBay(m): 7:25am On Jul 12, 2016
If you've locked your keys in the car, it can be a messy and expensive proposition in getting the car unlocked by a professional. $80 bucks for five minutes of work? Come on. It's not super-difficult to break into vehicles with automatic locks, manual locks, or even check to see if you can get in through the trunk, all free methods available to you. Don't resort to breaking a window to get your keys back.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) by AutosBay(m): 7:26am On Jul 12, 2016
Method One of Three:
Breaking Electric or Automatic Locks

Find your tool of choice. The basic method for breaking into a car with automatic locks without damaging anything is to wedge a space in the door and use a long poker to hit the lock button. It may be crude, but it's more or less exactly what a locksmith will do if you call one, except doing this won't waste you $80 bucks for five minutes of work. To do this, you'll need one wedge and one poker.[1] Possibilities include:
The best wedges can include putty knives and door stops, the thinner the better. Ideally, you want to open up only as much space as is necessary to insert your poker. Locksmiths use an inflating balloon to pump air and create space.
The best pokers include the antenna from the car, unscrewed, and a straightened wire hanger. You might need a pair of pliers to straighten out the hanger, and consider doubling it up to have better control and pushing power when you get to the lock button. Pretty much any tool that is narrow enough to fit through the window crack and long enough to reach the lock button will work.

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) by AutosBay(m): 7:27am On Jul 12, 2016
Wedge the door open. Jam a doorstop or equivalent wedge-like tool into the space between the upper part of the door and the car. Firmly tap the wedge into the door/car space using the heel of your hand.
If you are concerned about damaging your car's paint, cover the wedge with cloth or some kind of felted surface to protect the paint before beginning.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) by AutosBay(m): 7:28am On Jul 12, 2016
Wedge the door open. Jam a doorstop or equivalent wedge-like tool into the space between the upper part of the door and the car. Firmly tap the wedge into the door/car space using the heel of your hand.
If you are concerned about damaging your car's paint, cover the wedge with cloth or some kind of felted surface to protect the paint before beginning.

2 Shares

Re: How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) by AutosBay(m): 7:28am On Jul 12, 2016
Insert your rod. The jammed wedge will create a gap between the door and the car body. Insert your rod into the space between the door and the car body. Guide the rod towards the lock button.

Re: How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) by AutosBay(m): 7:29am On Jul 12, 2016
Press button and unlock. Firmly press the button with your rod. It may take a few tries to get at it, but once you do, you'll have successfully broken into your car. Open the door and retrieve your keys.

1 Share

Re: How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) by AutosBay(m): 7:30am On Jul 12, 2016
Method Two of Three:
Breaking Manual Locks

Lasso the lock with a coat hanger. The biggest difference between breaking into a vehicle with manual locks is that you have to pull up on the locking pin once you get in if you want to do it manually. Follow the same directions, wedging and poking through the space you create, but then you'll have to carefully pull up to unlock the car.
Pushing a button is one thing, but lassoing the pin is much more difficult. You'll have to slip the loop over the head of the lock nub like a noose an pull up to unlock the car. It may take a few tries to get it.

1 Share

Re: How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) by AutosBay(m): 7:30am On Jul 12, 2016
Consider using a slim jim, or fashioning your own. A slim jim, otherwise called a lockout tool, is a car tool commonly issued to police officers to help open doors with manual locks. It's used by wedding into the door mechanism itself, between the window and the weather stripping, hooking the locking pin, and pulling it from the inside. If you've got access to a slim jim, it can be a quick fix.
Create your own by straightening out a coat hanger, leaving only the curved (hook) end in its original shape. You may need to use needle nose pliers to unwind the coat hanger to straighten it out, and double it over to reinforce it.
Note that this method is not recommended for cars with automatic windows and locks. Those cars have a lot of wiring in their doors, which might get damaged in this breaking in process.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) by pendusky(m): 7:31am On Jul 12, 2016
Most NLers are seeing how to Steal a car

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) by AutosBay(m): 7:32am On Jul 12, 2016
Pick the passenger side door. There is usually less wiring on the passenger side than on the driver's side door, making it somewhat easier to break in.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) by AutosBay(m): 7:32am On Jul 12, 2016
Insert your tool. Identify the black rubber weather stripping along the lower edge of your car window. The locking mechanism is generally lined up with the lock itself, usually toward the back of the door itself.
With your fingers, peel back this rubber strip back from the window slightly to expose the gap between the window and the outer part of the car door. Gently insert your straightened coat hanger, curved end first, into the gap between the window and the weather stripping.[2]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) by AutosBay(m): 7:33am On Jul 12, 2016
Lower the coat hanger in. You should be able to lower the coat hanger into this gap a few inches without resistance, then start feeling for the pin.
If you can look at the vehicle's shop manual, you'll be able to have a great sense of where the locking pin will be and how to access it. If you blindly dig around in the door, you do risk messing up the wiring and causing damage. Try to find out where the locking pin is before you insert the slim jim.

1 Share

Re: How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) by AutosBay(m): 7:34am On Jul 12, 2016
Find the pin. Move the coat hanger around in the gap until you feel a small pin. This pin can be pulled to disengage the door lock. It will usually be located about 2 inches (5 cm) below the bottom of the window, near the interior door handle.

1 Share

Re: How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) by AutosBay(m): 7:34am On Jul 12, 2016
Gently pull the pin towards the rear of the car. When you find the pin, hook it and gently pull. If successful, you will feel the pin move and hear the door unlock. After successfully unlocking the door, gently pull the coat hanger out and open the door to get your keys back.

1 Share

Re: How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) by AutosBay(m): 7:35am On Jul 12, 2016
Method Three of Three:
Breaking in Through the Trunk

Find the emergency cord. If your trunk is unlocked by any chance, but the cab is locked with your keys inside, open it and look around inside for the emergency open trunk cord that opens into the car. It is often in the trunk "door" or the roof of the trunk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) by AutosBay(m): 7:36am On Jul 12, 2016
Pull the cord. Once you find the cord, pull it. This will unlock the back passenger seats allowing them to fall forward in some models of car. This is a common feature in some sedans.

Re: How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) by AutosBay(m): 7:38am On Jul 12, 2016
Crawl in. Once the passenger seats are unlocked, push them forward. Now you can climb into the car through this new entry, and unlock a back passenger door yourself manually.

Re: How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) by AutosBay(m): 7:39am On Jul 12, 2016
Tips

Be careful not to damage your cars paint or weather stripping while breaking in.
Before breaking into your locked car yourself, considering calling a locksmith or AAA to come and professionally unlock your door with a "slim jim".

Warnings

Stealing cars is a federal crime. This information is intended solely for the purpose of opening locked doors on cars that belong to you.

Things You'll Need

Wire coat hanger or rod
Needle nose pliers
Wedge or doorstop
Cloth or felt to protect paint (optional)

Source: https://http-m-wikihow-com.0.freebasics.com/Break-Into-a-Car?iorg_service_id_internal=1565619690390248%3BAfrMOLp5yW8EhBPf

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) by HopeAtHand: 7:40am On Jul 12, 2016
I locked my key inside my car and the panelbeater charged me 5K to open my car. Before i reach my wallet to sort the money out, the man had opened the lock in less than 3 mins.

I just stood in shock..

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) by feldido(m): 7:44am On Jul 12, 2016
The car jackers are listening grin

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) by Theoritical(m): 8:04am On Jul 12, 2016
And when d windows are all deep tinted, U don enter one chance be that grin

38 Likes

Re: How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) by Kakamorufu(m): 8:34am On Jul 12, 2016
educative. Tho a live practical will be so much great!!!!!

1 Like

Re: How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) by Curdlebug(m): 3:46pm On Jul 12, 2016
If your car is tinted deep, no miracle here, dont try any tricks, you will end up messing up the wiring and security, just carefully break d driver window and have it replaced.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) by diportivo: 6:25pm On Jul 12, 2016
Funny thread

undecided
Re: How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) by blackfm: 9:04pm On Jul 12, 2016
I pulled off the exact description for auto locks using a wire hanger and flat head screwdriver as wedge on a camry muscle about 2 months ago.
It was a damsel in distress situation and my armour was really shining that day grin grin
My event planner babe called around 9pm that day that she had locked her bosses' key in the trunk while clearing up their kit after an event at TBS and the boss was going crazy. She wanted me to bring cash to pay the panel beater her boss stormed off in her friends car to go get from surulere (as if that will pacify the angry woman). So I looked up how to break into a car on Google, watched 2 Youtube videos and left mainland for TBS armed with a wire hanger. Long story short I did it in about 5mins and by the time her boss turned up without her panel beater whose phone went dead shortly after she left, the car was good to go and everything else packed.
The lady was too relieved to be angry. She just couldn't kiss me grin I just grabbed my babe, put her on my stallion and rode off into the sunset grinning. the love I have for Google and youtube enh kiss

91 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) by Nobody: 6:33am On Jul 13, 2016
I will never attempt to break into my car...Take a uber home and get my spare that's it Bruh.

Being black and breaking into a car is asking for the Cops to give you a healthy dose of lead.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) by RichYoungNigga: 6:33am On Jul 13, 2016
So, you will be walking around with them tools in your pocket ??
The locksmith charges $100 to unlock it, i just bust my driver side window, my insurance will take care of it

7 Likes

Re: How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) by passionate88: 6:34am On Jul 13, 2016
Hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) by Nobody: 6:35am On Jul 13, 2016
It has happened to me once, my Landlord helped me do exactly this.

1 Like

Re: How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) by macapie20(m): 6:38am On Jul 13, 2016
Nice one

But I don't own a car yet....

I am trusting God. #macapie

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) by emeka2847: 6:39am On Jul 13, 2016
Good one. Thanks for this post

2 Likes

Re: How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) by kiddkash(m): 6:39am On Jul 13, 2016
learning ways to steal my dad's car

15 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guys Pouring Wine On New Car To "Wash" It (Photos) / Nigerian Man Uses Artificial Grass To Redesign His New Car (video) / Man Loses Two Cars To Reckless Yahoo Boys Driving In Benin City (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.