Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo Will Beat Me To The Ballon D'or - Antoine Griezmann - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Will Beat Me To The Ballon D'or - Antoine Griezmann (641 Views)

"We Will Beat Iceland, Argentina To Qualify" — Rohr / Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) / AWARD: The Difference Between Ballon D'or & FIFA World Player Of The Year Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cristiano Ronaldo Will Beat Me To The Ballon D'or - Antoine Griezmann by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 12, 2016
Antoine Griezmann believes he will lose out to Cristiano Ronaldo for this year's Ballon d'Or award as a result of France being beaten 1-0 by Portugal in the Euro 2016 final.

Griezmann, 25, finished with the Golden Boot as the tournament's top scorer.

However, the French striker failed to add to his six goals in the hosts' extra-time defeat at the Stade de France on Sunday.

The Atletico Madrid forward saw a first-half header wonderfully saved by Portugal goalkeeper Rui Patricio, before heading a much easier chance over the bar later in the game.

The final had been billed in some quarters as a battle between Griezmann and Real Madrid star Ronaldo, 31, with the winner expected to claim the Ballon d'Or award as the world's best player.

But Griezmann said that the prospect of winning the individual award was not something he had thought about prior to Sunday's game. "No, it will come if it has to come," Griezmann said. "Am I still in with a chance of winning? Cristiano Ronaldo won the biggest competitions. I think that that's it -- it's done." Ronaldo had already won the Champions League with Real this season, scoring the winning penalty in a shootout against Griezmann's Atletico in May. But the Real Madrid forward made little impact in the Euro 2016 final as he was taken off on a stretcher 25 minutes into the game after failing to recover from a rough early tackle by France's Dimitri Payet.

And ex-France international Christophe Dugarry said he thought at the time that Ronaldo's withdrawal with a knee injury was going to be the turning point of the match.

"Yes and I wasn't the only one," Dugarry told Le Parisien. "The French players thought so too.

"Unconsciously, they maybe believed that the hardest part was done. But no.

"Success was on Portugal's side. We understood that when we saw Eder's goal.

"He shot without looking at the goal, almost to get rid of the ball and without necessarily believing that he would score. And it went in. In the end, it's a super goal and a stroke of genius."
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Will Beat Me To The Ballon D'or - Antoine Griezmann by prstge007: 8:46am On Jul 12, 2016
Ronaldo senior him. Only messi come near him small
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Will Beat Me To The Ballon D'or - Antoine Griezmann by Davbams(m): 9:04am On Jul 12, 2016
which kind talk be this: ....

"He shot without looking at the goal, almost to get rid of the ball and without necessarily believing that he would score.."

the guy must be a bad belle!

smh.

btw...
Dear Griezmann,
CR7 no be ur mate so even if he had lost d final forget am!
sincerely.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Will Beat Me To The Ballon D'or - Antoine Griezmann by DeEstelle(m): 9:14am On Jul 12, 2016
ANTI RONALDO :PANTI RONALDO
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Will Beat Me To The Ballon D'or - Antoine Griezmann by calculator123(m): 11:51am On Jul 12, 2016
my top 5 ballon dor list
1) ronaldo
2)messi
3)suarez
4)lewandowski
5)griezmann
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Will Beat Me To The Ballon D'or - Antoine Griezmann by goalisma(m): 12:48pm On Oct 25, 2016
Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann was named La Liga player of the season for 2015/16 on Monday, ahead of the likes of star duo Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

http://www.goalisma.com/2016/10/griezmann-named-la-ligas-best-player.html

(1) (Reply)

Who Will Be The Winner Of This Year English League 2016/17season / Ronaldo wins UEFA Best Player in Europe for 2015/2016 season / "You Should Emulate Okocha", Sam Allardyce Tells Wayne Rooney

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.