Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man (41694 Views)

2 Fashion Mistakes You Are Making With Your Wrist Watch / 10 Fashion Mistakes That Make You Look Old And Worn / 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by lewispius: 10:21am On Jul 12, 2016
http://omgvoice.com/news/fashion-mistakes-man/

On every man’s road to dressing better, he learns quite a few things about style

Keep reading to make sure you don’t make the same mistakes — and learn how to fix them, if you do.

1. Wearing straight ties with shortsleeved shirts

That’s a major fashion blunder. You’re no longer in high school. Preferably, if you must wear a tie, try bow ties instead. They look way better.

19 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by lewispius: 10:23am On Jul 12, 2016
2. Wearing short socks underneath your trousers

It’s a total No No to wear short socks. The right thing to do is to wear socks that go way up tp your calves, so when you sit, your skin remains invisible.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by lewispius: 10:25am On Jul 12, 2016
3. Wearing warped shoes

I know they might be your favorite and you’re not sure of finding them on any shoe shelf, please leave them at home. Some things don’t last forever.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by lewispius: 10:28am On Jul 12, 2016
4. Buttons on Suits

It’s considered a fashion blunder to button up your suit jacket. If it’s a suit with 3 buttons, button 2 and fly one. And if it’s a 2 button suit, button up one and fly the other.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by lewispius: 10:30am On Jul 12, 2016
5. Wearing oversized/baggy shirts

Shirts aren’t supposed to be baggy. They’re supposed to fit! A good rule of thumb is to get a shirt that fits as close to your body as you can while you retain free range of movement in your arms.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by lewispius: 10:33am On Jul 12, 2016
6. On matching your belt with your shoes

Matching your belt and shoes is a good rule of thumb for the dressiest of occasions, but that’s really the only time. It’s not necessary for business suits or any level of dress lower than that.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 12, 2016
awesome, ma dad must see dis

16 Likes

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by lewispius: 10:38am On Jul 12, 2016
7. Showing off money in a men’s high end store means you’re fashionable.

Lol. Wrongest idea ever! I know someone who visits the local stores around some called ‘bend down boutique’ and comes out looking like a million naira

22 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by timilehing(m): 1:42pm On Jul 12, 2016
If it's not fashion, we call it "Style"

#MenOfClass

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by veekid(m): 1:42pm On Jul 12, 2016
Perhaps no b wetin I have, I go wear

7 Likes

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by ANBAKO: 1:44pm On Jul 12, 2016
hmmm!!! Good points. I am a culprit of the second one (sometimes).

Op you might want to add wearing over sized (Long) belts that end in the middle of the yansh (waist) (Sometimes even pass)
Best practice is that your belt, after buckling, should not have more than 2-3 holes
Do you know that belts has sizes?

"Dress belts should have a few inches of leather to the left of the buckle once it’s fastened. Enough to tuck under your first belt loop, or the loop on the belt if it has one, is a good rule of thumb. Err on the side of shortness if you need to, rather than wrapping a long tail of leather around your hip a second time. "

Do good for good to come your way!!!

8 Likes

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by sugarwiz(f): 1:44pm On Jul 12, 2016
;DFashionister grin grin

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by Genea(f): 1:44pm On Jul 12, 2016
Waiting for those will come for your head

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by Genea(f): 1:44pm On Jul 12, 2016
Waiting for those that will come for your head
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by Anoruo(m): 1:44pm On Jul 12, 2016
My Love For Fashion
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by Histrings08(m): 1:44pm On Jul 12, 2016
A new lesson Learnt
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 12, 2016
Very informative.

Carrying a backpack with your business look is a fashion and business faux pas.

9 Likes

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by myners007: 1:45pm On Jul 12, 2016
Wearing of stockings inside shoe when putting on traditional attire is a BiG fashion blunder

19 Likes

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by dubylhover(m): 1:45pm On Jul 12, 2016
dope
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by harrysjones(m): 1:45pm On Jul 12, 2016
8 Wearing oversized shoe....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by Daspirit: 1:45pm On Jul 12, 2016
Nice one
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by FakeNEWSevryday: 1:45pm On Jul 12, 2016
is no 7 a dressing code?
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 12, 2016
Most Nigeria men and insensitivity in dressing is like...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 12, 2016
lewispius:
2. Wearing short socks underneath your trousers

It’s a total No No to wear short socks. The right thing to do is to wear socks that go way up tp your calves, so when you sit, your skin remains invisible.
I so hate seeing this! Me thinks their trousers are too short or 'jump up'! grin Thank God my dad n brothers are fashion conscious! grin

3 Likes

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by feran15(m): 1:46pm On Jul 12, 2016
That baggy shirt one annoys me alot ehn

Just remember no matter how cheap it is, if it is well fitted, then it will look expensive

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by iamDOS(m): 1:46pm On Jul 12, 2016
Nice one op....av learnt a lot
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by Ayoswit(f): 1:46pm On Jul 12, 2016
noted
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by augustina72(f): 1:46pm On Jul 12, 2016
uhmm..I see
Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by bobgem001(m): 1:47pm On Jul 12, 2016
ok

33 Likes

Re: 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 12, 2016
lewispius:
6. On matching your belt with your shoes

Matching your belt and shoes is a good rule of thumb for the dressiest of occasions, but that’s really the only time. It’s not necessary for business suits or any level of dress lower than that.
Only fashion genuises would get this! For ladies,shoes should match handbags/purses! cool

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mr And Miss Albino Contest In Kenya (Photos) / Ellen Nielsen Stuns In Nigerian Attire / Amazing Makeup Transformation Of An Albino Lady (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.