Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,146 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

Please ASP.NET Or JSP? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please ASP.NET Or JSP? (1744 Views)

Help To Link Java Jdbc, Server, Jsp, Servlet / ASP.NET MVC [C#] Php Laravel - Training From Scratch-apply now / .NET Or Java Programmer Needed For A Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please ASP.NET Or JSP? by Objectoriented: 11:14am On Jul 12, 2016
I need a recommendation with reasons
Re: Please ASP.NET Or JSP? by abubaka101: 6:26pm On Jul 12, 2016
Well, since you didn't specify what type of recommendation you want, here are my thoughts based on which is easier to grasp fast.
They each belong to a larger platform. Asp.net is under. NET and JSP is under Java.
In other words their learning curve is somehow pretty steep. However ASP.NET is much easier to get into relatively speaking, than JSP.
Re: Please ASP.NET Or JSP? by Objectoriented: 10:46pm On Jul 12, 2016
abubaka101:
Well, since you didn't specify what type of recommendation you want, here are my thoughts based on which is easier to grasp fast.
They each belong to a larger platform. Asp.net is under. NET and JSP is under Java.
In other words their learning curve is somehow pretty steep. However ASP.NET is much easier to get into relatively speaking, than JSP.
thanks for your valuable answer. Have actually determined to choose ASP.NET although i don't just know the reason why i have anything MICROSOFT but i just have to like it for my own good.xamarin is one of the reason why i also choose to C SHARP because i will like to go into MOBILE DEVELOPMENT also. I will study ASP.NET framework also after C SHARP so i won't depend on php. I think enough is enough everyone is complaining about php though i haven't experience any limitation
Re: Please ASP.NET Or JSP? by anone2000: 6:33pm On Jul 14, 2016
I think Asp.net is ok, this is due to my personal experience. I first had a thirst of php then ported to C# after which I began Asp.net web form and MVc as well. I will really confess It was fun working with it I had little challenges as the OOP way made program writing for me easier and the likes of entity framework and other tools in the .Net. I have not threaded the path of Jsp before and wont really know how easier it will be getting started with it and the pros and cons associated with it. But I will say .Net is great.

1 Like

Re: Please ASP.NET Or JSP? by larisoft: 7:20pm On Jul 14, 2016
Well; I have threaded JSP (Java Spring) and .NET (C# MVC) and have these to say:

JSP is hard!

C# MVC is easy at least to start using.

But JSP gives you the flexibility you wont ever get in .NET. C# is always forcing you to do things the way microsoft wants you to do it. Depending on the type of coder you are; this can take away all the fun becuase you rarely ever get to implement your own stuff. Everything seems to be already thought out for you and you just have to read a tutorial to see how Microsoft wants you to do it. Also, Microsoft software is proprietary and neither visual studio nor the C# compiler is open source. (Please; I know about mono and know its limitations).

But with Java, your imagination is your only limit. You can do it the conventional way, or introduce your personal style at any point you like.

If your writing something that requires strict security; please go with .NET so you will have rest of mind. But if you are looking for something you can truly call your own; java is the way to go!
Re: Please ASP.NET Or JSP? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 14, 2016
larisoft:
Well; I have threaded JSP (Java Spring) and .NET (C# MVC) and have these to say:

JSP is hard!

But JSP gives you the flexibility you wont ever get in .NET. C# is always forcing you to do things the way microsoft wants you to do it. Depending on the type of coder you are; this can take away all the fun becuase you rarely ever get to implement your own stuff. Everything seems to be already thought out for you and you just have to read a tutorial to see how Microsoft wants you to do it. Also, Microsoft software is proprietary and neither visual studio nor the C# compiler is open source. (Please; I know about mono and know its limitations).

But with Java, your imagination is your only limit. You can do it the conventional way, or introduce your personal style at any point you like.

If your writing something that requires strict security; please go with .NET so you will have rest of mind. But if you are looking for something you can truly call your own; java is the way to go!

i disagree! Visual Studio may not be opensource but .Net Core (Roslyn compiler) is opensourced and hosted on github. So edit your post.
Re: Please ASP.NET Or JSP? by larisoft: 9:45pm On Jul 14, 2016
basbone:

i disagree! Visual Studio may not be opensource but .Net Core (Roslyn compiler) is opensourced and hosted on github. So edit your post.

Lol! I dont come here to post things that are always right. I come here to express my opinions, and receive corrections where am wrong...like now.

Am not editing jack. And; thanks for the correction. The core c# compiler, which is what am still using, is not open source.
Re: Please ASP.NET Or JSP? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 14, 2016
This is the type of thread that leads to a full-scale war with e-heads getting cut-off and all that. I can already see that somebody's e-head is already severed from his shoulder by larisoft (the no-mercy hackathon programmer).
Re: Please ASP.NET Or JSP? by larisoft: 5:50am On Jul 15, 2016
dhtml18:
This is the type of thread that leads to a full-scale war with e-heads getting cut-off and all that. I can already see that somebody's e-head is already severed from his shoulder by larisoft (the no-mercy hackathon programmer).

how can I be cutting off e-head when I said I was wrong? Please oh! I said I WAS WRONG ABOUT THE C# COMPILER BEING PROPRIETARY. HOWEVER, I DIDNT SEE THE NEED TO EDIT MY POST because THE PURPOSE OF COMING HERE IS TO LEARN; NOT PROVE THAT AM RIGHT!
Re: Please ASP.NET Or JSP? by ugo2016: 6:21am On Jul 15, 2016
Like larisoft said, .NET is restrictive and highly automated but has a lower learning curve than JSP. While JSP offers you freedom which comes at a price; You have to know what you are doing or you will screw up!

I recommend you see these articles:

https://blog.expensify.com/2011/03/25/ceo-friday-why-we-dont-hire-net-programmers/

http://blog.jonathanoliver.com/why-i-left-dot-net/

just my 2cents.
Re: Please ASP.NET Or JSP? by Objectoriented: 11:13am On Jul 16, 2016
larisoft:
JSP is hard!
abubaka101:
Ok thank you all for your responses. Am considering learning PYTHON then later learn either DJANGO or FLASK . Since am an aspirant of SUPER STRIKER"OBA ADANIDURO UNIVERSITY" so i think i should be able to cope with PYTHON in terms of long learning curve. for mobile application i will go with JAVA (its syntax is somehow like Php).
larisoft:
JSP is hard!
Ok thank you all for your responses. Am considering learning PYTHON then later learn either DJANGO or FLASK . Since am an aspirant of SUPER STRIKER"OBA ADANIDURO UNIVERSITY" so i think i should be able to cope with PYTHON in terms of long learning curve. for mobile application i will go with JAVA (its syntax is somehow like Php).
Re: Please ASP.NET Or JSP? by Objectoriented: 11:20am On Jul 16, 2016
ugo2016:
Like larisoft said, .NET is restrictive and highly automated but has a lower learning curve than JSP. While JSP offers you freedom which comes at a price; You have to know what you are doing or you will screw up!

I recommend you see these articles:

https://blog.expensify.com/2011/03/25/ceo-friday-why-we-dont-hire-net-programmers/

http://blog.jonathanoliver.com/why-i-left-dot-net/

just my 2cents.
ok thank you i got it.

(1) (Reply)

Learning Android Development(diary) / 8 Ways To Become A Better Coder/programmer / The Complete Web Developer Course!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.