Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Read - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Read (2633 Views)

How To Start Your Own Business On A Weekend Worth N100m With N5,000 Only / Excuses Graduates Give For Not Starting Their Own Business / Simple Task That would Help You Calculate What You're Worth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read by DavidTheGeek: 11:53am On Jul 12, 2016
....Typing
Re: Read by chocolateme(f): 11:55am On Jul 12, 2016
Correct book

1 Like

Re: Read by DavidTheGeek: 1:54pm On Jul 12, 2016
chocolateme:
Correct book
cheesy I see you o.

1 Like

Re: Read by DavidTheGeek: 1:55pm On Jul 12, 2016

1 Like

Re: Read by DavidTheGeek: 11:08am On Jul 16, 2016
Re: Read by Akayshittu: 2:52pm On Jul 16, 2016
So how much does the book cost if you want to share? Can you give a brief of the book in terms of no of pages, is the author a Nigerian etc. Thanks
Re: Read by DavidTheGeek: 4:31pm On Jul 16, 2016
Akayshittu:
So how much does the book cost if you want to share? Can you give a brief of the book in terms of no of pages, is the author a Nigerian etc. Thanks
Hope you found the excerpt i've shared insightful. Here's more info about the book... The book is intersting and practical. You'll be inspired right from chapter one cuz stories of real life people who have started businesses on their own is used as examples through out the book. At the end of each chapter some key points are highlighted just in case you missed them while reading. The book has 181 pages and it's not authored by a Nigerian.
Re: Read by Akayshittu: 6:14pm On Jul 16, 2016
DavidTheGeek:
Hope you found the excerpt i've shared insightful. Here's more info about the book... The book is intersting and practical. You'll be inspired right from chapter one cuz stories of real life people who have started businesses on their own is used as examples through out the book. At the end of each chapter some key points are highlighted just in case you missed them while reading. The book has 181 pages and it's not authored by a Nigerian.

So how much is the copy? Thank you
Re: Read by DavidTheGeek: 6:52pm On Jul 16, 2016
Akayshittu:

So how much is the copy? Thank you
For N2,500 i'll send the book to you.. For N2,000 i'll tell you the title and author then you can find it online yourself.
Re: Read by Akayshittu: 8:41pm On Jul 16, 2016
DavidTheGeek:

For N2,500 i'll send the book to you.. For N2,000 i'll tell you the title and author then you can find it online yourself.

Ok. But can you do N1,000 for sending the book. I am thinking since you said I can find it online, I do not think you should charge so much for the info.
Re: Read by DavidTheGeek: 9:22pm On Jul 16, 2016
Akayshittu:

Ok. But can you do N1,000 for sending the book. I am thinking since you said I can find it online, I do not think you should charge so much for the info.
If i weren't convinced that reading the book would help you float a business of your own, i'd have priced the info lesser. Doesn't N2,500 seem cheap when compared to the value you'll get from it? I think it does.

** I didn't say you'll find it online free. You may find it online for free or you may have to buy it from Amazon or other online store.
Re: Read by Akayshittu: 5:36am On Jul 17, 2016
DavidTheGeek:

If i weren't convinced that reading the book would help you float a business of your own, i'd have priced the info lesser. Doesn't N2,500 seem cheap when compared to the value you'll get from it? I think it does.

** I didn't say you'll find it online free. You may find it online for free or you may have to buy it from Amazon or other online store.

Yes. N2,500 is quite a small money. But in this case, it is still a game of chance. The info in the book at the end of the day might not be as interesting as you've painted it. Or are you saying there is money back guarantee?
We have seen a lot of similar things on this platform. Some are genuine while a lot doesn't deliver as promised.
In all, I think it will be much better to review your price to an amount that is easily disposable so as to get a lot of subscribers. Thks
Re: Read by seantunes(m): 9:18am On Jul 17, 2016
Hey not all books are worthy. A good book must have genre and you didn't specify it. Also what makes you think i have't yet read it. Your motive is just to make some petty cash on someone else hardwork.
If you were even to say the title i bet i would have read it. But still good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Read by DavidTheGeek: 10:28am On Jul 17, 2016
Akayshittu:

Yes. N2,500 is quite a small money. But in this case, it is still a game of chance. The info in the book at the end of the day might not be as interesting as you've painted it. Or are you saying there is money back guarantee?
We have seen a lot of similar things on this platform. Some are genuine while a lot doesn't deliver as promised.
In all, I think it will be much better to review your price to an amount that is easily disposable so as to get a lot of subscribers. Thks
1st bold
I get you. But i didn't hype the book. What i'm doing here is the proof i gave.

I'll quote myself here.... What i'm doing here - asking you to pay me to share with you a book (i didn't even write) - may seem unusual but it's a business. What i'm offering here is: saving you the stress and time involved in reading one personal improvement or money making book - i've done that already! You're paying me to save your time and point to you the one that would be useful. What i'm doing here is a proof of what the book does. It'll help you float a business with small or no capital from what you least expect you could earn money from."

2nd bold
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give you a little advice which of course you don't have to take - When you start a business of your own, don't set your price based on what you think people can easily dispose. If your goods/services is worth more than what you think people can easily dispose then why under-value it? Truth is some people will still say it's expensive!

Instead set your price based on the value your goods/services is offering. People who see the value in what you're offering will patronise you and people who don't see the value will stay clear. And that's good cuz if they patronise you, they won't be satisfied.

Apple for instance is quite expensive. Do you know why? The price is based on value! Are people not buying it? They are. You know why? They see it's value and usefulness.

I've used what i'm doing here as proof. I've also shared some excerpt from the book. If you find the excerpt (and the above advice) reasonable then you should read the book - there's a lot more.
Re: Read by Akayshittu: 10:51am On Jul 17, 2016
DavidTheGeek:

1st bold
I get you. But i didn't hype the book. What i'm doing here is the proof i gave.

I'll quote myself here.... What i'm doing here - asking you to pay me to share with you a book (i didn't even write) - may seem unusual but it's a business. What i'm offering here is: saving you the stress and time involved in reading one personal improvement or money making book - i've done that already! You're paying me to save your time and point to you the one that would be useful. What i'm doing here is a proof of what the book does. It'll help you float a business with small or no capital from what you least expect you could earn money from."

2nd bold
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give you a little advice which of course you don't have to take - When you start a business of your own, don't set your price based on what you think people can easily dispose. If your goods/services is worth more than what you think people can easily dispose then why under-value it? Truth is some people will still say it's expensive!

Instead set your price based on the value your goods/services is offering. People who see the value in what you're offering will patronise you and people who don't see the value will stay clear. And that's good cuz if they patronise you, they won't be satisfied.

Apple for instance is quite expensive. Do you know why? The price is based on value! Are people not buying it? They are. You know why? They see it's value and usefulness.

I've used what i'm doing here as proof. I've also shared some excerpt from the book. If you find the excerpt (and the above advice) reasonable then you should read the book - there's a lot more.

Saying that you should review your price does not apply to other business. The advice is more applicable in this case as against a general business rule. Thanks anyway.
However, I still think you just want to make undue money from aspiring business owner.
Like someone asked, what if I have even read the book before, will you do a refund? Besides, you would have been a blessing to quite a number of people if you share it for a token (or even free).
Anybody can come here too and use your style of business too.
Anyway, I wish you goodluck in your new found business concept. Keep it up. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Read by DavidTheGeek: 10:53am On Jul 17, 2016
seantunes:
Hey not all books are worthy. A good book must have genre and you didn't specify it. Also what makes you think i have't yet read it. Your motive is just to make some petty cash on someone else hardwork.
If you were even to say the title i bet i would have read it. But still good luck.
I stated it already that i've read a lot of books on making money and starting a business but i found this particular book more realistic.

Please read my first post properly.

I'm not selling any one's book here so i'm not "making some petty cash on someone else hardwork". What i'm selling here is my knowledge from having read many books on making money and starting a business. What i'm offering here is to tell you the one i found realistic and useful. BTW The author would be proud of me... When you read the book you'll know why

cheesy YOU'VE NOT READ THE BOOK! If you've read it, i don't believe you'd still be looking for more books to read on starting a business. Except if you didn't act on what you read.
Re: Read by DavidTheGeek: 11:38am On Jul 17, 2016
Akayshittu:

Saying that you should review your price does not apply to other business. The advice is more applicable in this case as against a general business rule. Thanks anyway.
However, I still think you just want to make undue money from aspiring business owner.
Like someone asked, what if I have even read the book before, will you do a refund? Besides, you would have been a blessing to quite a number of people if you share it for a token (or even free).
Anybody can come here too and use your style of business too.
Anyway, I wish you goodluck in your new found business concept. Keep it up. Cheers.
1st bold
There's no threat here. I didn't say "You must read this book else you'll never be able to start your own business." If there's a threat then i'm just trying to take advantage of people who want to start a business of their own. Also i said it's not a get rich quickly scheme book. No shortcuts or tricks involved. It's a practical eye-opening book for anyone who wants to EARN money while still doing what he/she enjoys doing.

2nd bold
I don't believe if you've read the book you'll still be looking for a book to read on starting a business. Because the book is more based on starting a business off something you already know how to do, or taking advantage of a knowledge/skill you have. For example: Here i'm doing this only cuz i've read many books on the topic - making money & starting a business. So i know which is realistic and which is not.

And if you can prove that you've read it already - i'll refund your money.

3rd bold
If i had done that - give it up free or a token - 90% of people who come across this thread won't read or take it serious. Because we don't value things we get for free.

Thanks.
Re: Read by seantunes(m): 12:51pm On Jul 17, 2016
You said this is about the knowledge from books you have read. Okay fine.

I had a friend who once dreamt of becoming a financial educator after reading series of financial books rated A+. But what he does't understand is that before you become such you need personal experience and mastery and not peoples own as yours. Also if someone tells you something is risky ask him as he experienced it. So am now asking you. Do you have a business and how successfu is itl.
If its not up to 10years then you don't have enough experience. Thanks .
Re: Read by ThunderTrail(f): 2:52pm On Jul 17, 2016
Just google this book using this
The $100 Startup by Chris Guillebeau PDF
download is free.
Re: Read by egopersonified(f): 3:20pm On Jul 17, 2016
op, you have read this book, so I am assuming you are already successful in your own right. So what is this about requesting for 2k5? The excerpts you have posted above are just about similar to so many books I have read. No writer has monopoly of ideas, if you have read extensively, you would find out that most of these books are kind of intertwined. On the flip side, did dangote read this book? If not then I will pass.

2 Likes

Re: Read by DavidTheGeek: 4:18pm On Jul 17, 2016
egopersonified:
op, you have read this book, so I am assuming you are already successful in your own right. So what is this about requesting for 2k5? The excerpts you have posted above are just about similar to so many books I have read. No writer has monopoly of ideas, if you have read extensively, you would find out that most of these books are kind of intertwined. On the flip side, did dangote read this book? If not then I will pass.
I can't arrange an interview for you to ask him in your dream cheesy
Re: Read by efembaba(m): 4:22pm On Jul 17, 2016
2500naira for a book? Whao u r really doing business.. Maybe if one reads dat book 2 day he will become billgates d next day
Re: Read by DavidTheGeek: 4:25pm On Jul 17, 2016
seantunes:
You said this is about the knowledge from books you have read. Okay fine.

I had a friend who once dreamt of becoming a financial educator after reading series of financial books rated A+. But what he does't understand is that before you become such you need personal experience and mastery and not peoples own as yours. Also if someone tells you something is risky ask him as he experienced it. So am now asking you. Do you have a business and how successfu is itl.
If its not up to 10years then you don't have enough experience. Thanks .
What's your defination of a successful business?
Re: Read by DavidTheGeek: 4:33pm On Jul 17, 2016
efembaba:
2500naira for a book? Whao u r really doing business.. Maybe if one reads dat book 2 day he will become billgates d next day
If you read the part of my post where i said "it's not a get rich quickly scheme book" you'll have constructed your sarcasm with a pinch of sense. It's a good thing you tried tho, i love people who make efforts. When i find a good book on how to read and understand, i'll pm you a free copy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Read by ThunderTrail(f): 1:48am On Jul 19, 2016
Guys google the book the OP is saying. it is titled, "The $100 Startup" by Chris Guillebeau download is free in pdf format.
Re: Read by psyqs(m): 7:24am On Jul 19, 2016
ThunderTrail:
Guys google the book the OP is saying.
it is titled, "The $100 Startup" by
Chris Guillebeau download is free in pdf format.

God bless you
Re: Read by DavidTheGeek: 10:24am On Jul 19, 2016
ThunderTrail:
Guys google the book the OP is saying.
it is titled, "The $100 Startup" by
Chris Guillebeau download is free in pdf format.
psyqs:
God bless you
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Read by psyqs(m): 11:39am On Jul 19, 2016
DavidTheGeek:

grin grin grin grin

Sent ur a PM pls check
Re: Read by DavidTheGeek: 1:58pm On Jul 19, 2016
psyqs:
Sent ur a PM pls check
I don't have access to my mail right now. Whatsapp me 08132209424
Re: Read by ThunderTrail(f): 4:11pm On Jul 21, 2016
psyqs:

God bless you
Amen.
Re: Read by mukhcech(m): 5:30pm On Jul 28, 2016
This guy u wicked o. So nah the business wey d book teach u be dis?
Re: Read by millhouse: 4:25am On Jul 29, 2016
Am crystal sure that the only business the OP has ventured into after reading his so called book of all Is selling an e-book on nairaland.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help My Paypal Issue / A Broken Down Step By Step Guide On Mini Importation Business / Handmade Hand Bag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.