Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,745 members, 7,802,273 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

(market More) Cucumber Seed Performance - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / (market More) Cucumber Seed Performance (22264 Views)

Get Your Murano 2 F1 Hybrid Cucumber Seed / Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest / My Cucumber And Tomatoes Farm In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: (market More) Cucumber Seed Performance by lanre2009: 4:40am On Jul 15, 2016
Thanks for the info. I appreiate. God bless you.

jephito:

The land is about 1½plots. I harvested 64 bags. I bought 2 cans of Tokyo F1 @7k5 each from Soloxam and a bag was sold for 2k5 but my 3rd harvest was sold for 2k7/bag
Re: (market More) Cucumber Seed Performance by Pavore9: 5:55am On Jul 15, 2016
jephito:

The land is about 1½plots. I harvested 64 bags. I bought 2 cans of Tokyo F1 @7k5 each from Soloxam and a bag was sold for 2k5 but my 3rd harvest was sold for 2k7/bag

How many grams is the can of Tokyo F1 seed you bought, l want to compare prices.
Re: (market More) Cucumber Seed Performance by DICON2: 7:28am On Jul 15, 2016
That should be 50grams
Pavore9:

How many grams is the can of Tokyo F1 seed you bought, l want to compare prices.
Re: (market More) Cucumber Seed Performance by jephito(m): 8:39am On Jul 15, 2016
lanre2009:
Thanks for the info. I appreiate. God bless you.

You are welcome
Re: (market More) Cucumber Seed Performance by jephito(m): 8:41am On Jul 15, 2016
DICON2:
That should be 50grams
Correct! It's 50g. In case you see it at cheaper rate, don't hesitate to quote me.
Re: (market More) Cucumber Seed Performance by Salas4oru(m): 10:48am On Jul 15, 2016
This thread is really inspiring especially for people who are seeking to invest in agricultural practices. Thumbs up guys. Pls any hints or materials to study for the farming of this crop? Kindly email it to salas4oru@yahoo.com
Thank you
Re: (market More) Cucumber Seed Performance by Danoluwa(m): 11:51am On Jul 15, 2016
welldone. Pls I am new to cucumber farming and really need someone to just guide me. I want to do a trial project in Lagos starting in August. I already mada contact with Soloxam for seedlings. Can I get your contact detail. You can reach me on danfad04@yahoo.com and 07067713800.
Re: (market More) Cucumber Seed Performance by kolacluxe: 7:15am On Jul 18, 2016
I just planted 5 tokyo cans, dats 250grms. Will update as it goes. Pictures later!
Re: (market More) Cucumber Seed Performance by jephito(m): 1:31pm On Jul 18, 2016
kolacluxe:
I just planted 5 tokyo cans, dats 250grms. Will update as it goes. Pictures later!

Nice one.. But on how many plots of land?
Do you plan to use trellis? As stake it?
Do you any irrigation plan other than rain..?
Re: (market More) Cucumber Seed Performance by ruqqayah(f): 2:58pm On Jul 18, 2016
I want to be an apprentice to a farmer who would also like to have an apprentice. But hopefully, such a farmer has his farm near Lagos, or in Lagos. I'm about to get admission by God's grace to 200 level to study Agricultural Economics and farm management, in FUNAAB. 08089674431, my contact, whatsapp contact.

1 Like

Re: (market More) Cucumber Seed Performance by kolacluxe: 11:00pm On Jul 18, 2016
@ jephito, d part of my farm that am using is about 2 acres. I have plant for source of water, but I don't have plan for trelis.
Re: (market More) Cucumber Seed Performance by jephito(m): 6:43am On Jul 19, 2016
kolacluxe:
@ jephito, d part of my farm that am using is about 2 acres. I have plant for source of water, but I don't have plan for trelis.
it ok.
I am planning to re plant where i just recently harvested from, but the rain is my sole source of water.

Where is your farm?
Re: (market More) Cucumber Seed Performance by biggal: 8:40am On Jul 19, 2016
Pls my ppl help me I want to do experiment with just 50 seeds can I buy lyk dat. Using sack den if am successful will go full into it.am based in ph. Does dis crop has season. Pls can someone post d planting operations with days pls
Re: (market More) Cucumber Seed Performance by kolacluxe: 10:56pm On Jul 19, 2016
My farm is in iwo, osun state
Re: (market More) Cucumber Seed Performance by nsydear: 11:40am On Jul 20, 2016
pls I want to know how long De seeds can stay before planting. cos I want to buy De seeds before leaving Ibadan and my farm space is not ready yet. thanks
Re: (market More) Cucumber Seed Performance by Emmey15(m): 11:51am On Jul 20, 2016
ruqqayah:
I want to be an apprentice to a farmer who would also like to have an apprentice. But hopefully, such a farmer has his farm near Lagos, or in Lagos. I'm about to get admission by God's grace to 200 level to study Agricultural Economics and farm management, in FUNAAB. 08089674431, my contact, whatsapp contact.

that's very thoughtful of you
am actually a student from the department of agricultural extension and rural development in Funaab 300 level
Re: (market More) Cucumber Seed Performance by Pavore9: 11:57am On Jul 20, 2016
Emmey15:

that's very thoughtful of you
am actually a student from the department of agricultural extension and rural development in Funaab 300 level

And how have you found your course so far?
Re: (market More) Cucumber Seed Performance by Emmey15(m): 1:13pm On Jul 20, 2016
Pavore9:

And how have you found your course so far?

so far so good its been inspiring,but I must confess even the best university of agric in Nigeria can teach one all the ropes of agri business
that's why I come here most times to draw inspiration from and learn new and better ways of doing things
sometimes I just can wait to graduate and start practising
Re: (market More) Cucumber Seed Performance by Pavore9: 1:51pm On Jul 20, 2016
Emmey15:

so far so good its been inspiring,but I must confess even the best university of agric in Nigeria can teach one all the ropes of agri business
that's why I come here most times to draw inspiration from and learn new and better ways of doing things
sometimes I just can wait to graduate and start practising

Glad to see someone who is studying a Agric related course with enthusiasm as many see it as the last resort as against staying at home. There is much opportunities related to your course of study based on my experience which is so oblivious to many. I wish l had studied Agric Extension but no regrets as l have my picked my experience on the field.

Laughing now l as recall my uncle who was the then H.O.D of Agric Extension at UNN, trying to persuade me to apply for the course but l rebuffed him but today my life rotates around it! cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: (market More) Cucumber Seed Performance by Emmey15(m): 3:37pm On Jul 20, 2016
Pavore9:

Glad to see someone who is studying a Agric related course with enthusiasm as many see it as the last resort as against staying at home. There is much opportunities related to your course of study based on my experience which is so oblivious to many. I wish l had studied Agric Extension but no regrets as l have my picked my experience on the field.

Laughing now l as recall my uncle who was the then H.O.D of Agric Extension at UNN, trying to persuade me to apply for the course but l rebuffed him but today my life rotates around it! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Wow....it this is great...great to see I have a fellow extension brother in the House
But I must say that not only our rural dwealers need development but our urban dwealers
We have for so long left the fate of our agric production to mostly illetrates
(With all due respect) while we the doctors, lawyers,accounts ,media personals etc
Eat and observe
But thanks to some great minds on this forum we are begaining to wake up from our slumber
I see this country raising to feed all the nations of the world

What course did u later study @mr pavore
Re: (market More) Cucumber Seed Performance by Pavore9: 7:42am On Jul 21, 2016
Emmey15:

Wow....it this is great...great to see I have a fellow extension brother in the House
But I must say that not only our rural dwealers need development but our urban dwealers
We have for so long left the fate of our agric production to mostly illetrates
(With all due respect) while we the doctors, lawyers,accounts ,media personals etc
Eat and observe
But thanks to some great minds on this forum we are begaining to wake up from our slumber
I see this country raising to feed all the nations of the world

What course did u later study @mr pavore

Academic journey has been long as I studied Accountancy, Psychology and media production (specializing in communicating for change for sustainable development)/

An Agric Extension graduate should not see his or herself aiming to be employed by the Ministry of Agriculture because with knowledge at one's disposal one can package TV programmes highlighting Agro ventures and innovations, that is currently a big sell in Kenya as it has huge followership. Nigerians are not adverse to Agriculture but lack of access to information is the issue!

A graduate can provide solutions to small holder farmers with simple rural area friendly technology based solutions such as providing post harvest storage solution that requires no electricity thereby extending the shelf life of their fruits and vegetables and higher the chance of getting good price for their harvests because they will not be in a hurry to sell. There is so much to be done!

3 Likes

Re: (market More) Cucumber Seed Performance by somziency: 11:44am On Jul 24, 2016
jephito:

Mile 12 yet remains the option if you want a cash and carry market.

I took my first harvest 14 and half bags and took me a week before I could gather the money from the sale
Nice one jephito. But why did it take a week to collect money. I would also like to know if fertilizer was used to get that yield. Also what is your profit like?
Re: (market More) Cucumber Seed Performance by jephito(m): 5:43pm On Jul 24, 2016
somziency:

Nice one jephito. But why did it take a week to collect money. I would also like to know if fertilizer was used to get that yield. Also what is your profit like?
I took it to Ajah Nd the buyer didn't balance me not until after a week and I didn't get the money complete sef.
I used manure and urea fertiliser.
I made 46% ROI
Re: (market More) Cucumber Seed Performance by jstemmanex(m): 3:03pm On Jul 25, 2016
Many thanks to all those who av provided a guide to my demo farm, my half plot cucumber demo farm has started fruiting and preparing for harvest.

However, I am concluding plans for an acre and taking note of possible challenges. In d light of dis I av bin in search of drip irrigation system nd cldnt get, pls I wld appreciate any help in dis regards or any more economic nd efficient substitute

Re: (market More) Cucumber Seed Performance by Ademat7(m): 5:49pm On Jul 25, 2016
the Tokyo F1 variety is cool,d Thai agro allied own is a turn off for me; too long if u ask me
my opinion tho

1 Like

Re: (market More) Cucumber Seed Performance by jephito(m): 8:48am On Aug 19, 2016
kolacluxe:
Hello Kolacluxe
How's your cucumber farm doing? It ought to be fruiting by now!
Re: (market More) Cucumber Seed Performance by shiftmarket(m): 12:36pm On Aug 19, 2016
Hi, Jephito, Can one get to see your farm?
jephito:

Hello Kolacluxe
How's your cucumber farm doing? It ought to be fruiting by now!
Re: (market More) Cucumber Seed Performance by numen(m): 3:41pm On Aug 19, 2016
jephito:

Nice info here brother @jephito. Please, how many days did your harvest last from when it started till the plant withered?

How often where you harvesting per week?

Remain blessed.
Re: (market More) Cucumber Seed Performance by jephito(m): 6:11pm On Aug 19, 2016
shiftmarket:
Hi, Jephito, Can one get to see your farm?

Live or picture?
If live, yes.
Re: (market More) Cucumber Seed Performance by jephito(m): 6:28pm On Aug 19, 2016
numen:

Nice info here brother @jephito. Please, how many days did your harvest last from when it started till the plant withered?

How often where you harvesting per week?

Remain blessed.

My first harvest was on 41st day and my last harvest was on 61st day. That's 20 days.

I was harvesting @5days interval.

However, the normal harvest interval for large farms is 3-4days, but mine was due how chanced my work permits

1 Like

Re: (market More) Cucumber Seed Performance by shadowid: 5:25am On Aug 23, 2016
please may I know if Cu999 is a gud hybrid n how many fruits can a seed produce perhaps also d length of d seed
Re: (market More) Cucumber Seed Performance by jsheng(m): 6:10am On Aug 23, 2016
jephito:

Epe

please can I have ur number, I am also in lagos, we need to discus about cucumber

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Harvested Cucumber / Akwa Ibom To Import 2,000 Pregnant Cattle From Mexico / Pig Farming Or Fish Farming?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.