Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. (53655 Views)

Impunity Is A Forgone Past In Imo Pdp - Ahanonu / Breaking New: No Formal Independence Address And No March Past In Ebonyi / Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by misteryman: 6:48am On Feb 24, 2017
ichommy:

Chai , Where u see am? D tin dey make sense with Garrison den. cheesy
is in the eastern part during raining season. come and eat enough.
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by gartamanta: 6:58am On Feb 24, 2017
laudate:

Hehehe.... wink That was the same thought that crossed my mind when I saw that picture, too! cool

Stop this yah propaganda, abeg! angry Don't derail the thread! Explorer, continue your good work, jare....

This what people say when they have no superior argument. History is there and the fact remains that Gowon caused the war by going against the Aburi agreement he signed in Ghana
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by tuoyoojo(m): 7:03am On Feb 24, 2017
ephi123:
Amazing thread.

For some reason, this thread makes me sad. We had such prospects as a country, what went wrong?

my sister the same thing I was saying where did we miss it. how did we get to this present situation.

if I say wetin I see for this picture compared to now nor break my heart then na lie I talk

1 Like

Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by Dexema(m): 7:15am On Feb 24, 2017
Explorers:
Who remember this goal?
Nigeria's first match of France 98 world cup versus Spain, Sunday oliseh's long range wonder strike that put the scores at 3-2 and eventually won the match.
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by gamaliel121(m): 7:16am On Feb 24, 2017
Wow
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by ezychris(m): 7:19am On Feb 24, 2017
Explorers:
A Nigerian General showing a lady how to use you an assault rifle, during the civil war

General aye! cool What a way to show a lady how to use an assault rifle! shocked

Chai! See the way those Soldiers are envying Oga... TBH... To be Oga dey sweet sha grin
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by DrogoG(m): 7:24am On Feb 24, 2017
Explorers:
A Nigerian soldier recruited to fight for the British during WWII shows off his medal.

There was a time I heard Britain was help those who fought for it.
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by malware: 7:24am On Feb 24, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by dultmax(m): 7:31am On Feb 24, 2017
Nice pics
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by obaaderemi: 7:34am On Feb 24, 2017
gartamanta:

No you are wrong. The coup did not lead to the war. It was not the 'proximate' cause of the war. This is one error a lot of Nigerians believe which must be debunked.

Nigeria was already on the path of war even before 1966, violence was prevalent especially in Western Region.

What causes a war is the same thing that causes a fight, the inability of two or more people to reason like adults and reach a compromise that does not include fighting.

That was what Gowon and Ojukwu met in Aburi to avoid. The met, discussed for two days and reached an agreement which both signed. The went back home and there was peace. War became inevitable when Gowon could not live up to his side of the agreement.

The war was not caused by the first coup, it was caused by Yakubu Gowon.
The coup threw up characters such as gowon,ironsi,murtala,ojukwu,obj and co.The coup led to massacre of igbos and exodus of igbos to the east.This in turn led to aburi.It is a chain.

2 Likes

Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by irynterri(f): 7:37am On Feb 24, 2017
cupidhero:

My dad owns about 6 ivory bracelets.
I will surely advise him to bury or throw it away. Elephants were almost hunted into extinction in the name of fashion. If him no troway the bracelet make him find who him go dash am cos i ain't wearing something like that in the future.
I will advise you keep it, you might end up auctioning it for millions of naira in some years to come, the world is getting crazy over vintage things,if you don't want you can dash me one whenever you want to throw it away,just indicate and I will send you a mail

1 Like

Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by Realhommie(m): 7:38am On Feb 24, 2017
musicwriter:

There are no words in the dictionary to describe the evil white people committed against Africans.

France and Spain did the same thing. Adolf Hitler used to mock France and Britain "for being so weak that they'll resort to fighting alongside their slaves". France never gave food to the African soldiers as a white man was not supposed to serve food to a black man. They had to resort to killing bush meat and eating it raw!!!. The video is below.

This's why I was explaining to some novices on this forum few days ago that Adolf Hitler loved them more than any other imperial power blackmailing him.

Here is a documentary on African soldiers abandoned in Burma by Britain during world War II.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWIHOIZVZtE

Here's another short documentary on how Germans mocked France for fighting alongside slaves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr-mhKreJqo

If you're from a Francophone African country, here is a documentary on the African soldiers abducted by France during the world wars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQHx4_VMkXI

Africans beware!!.
See all of this now ehn, my heart is heavy... Chai
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by Realhommie(m): 7:47am On Feb 24, 2017
musicwriter:

There are no words in the dictionary to describe the evil white people committed against Africans.

France and Spain did the same thing. Adolf Hitler used to mock France and Britain "for being so weak that they'll resort to fighting alongside their slaves". France never gave food to the African soldiers as a white man was not supposed to serve food to a black man. They had to resort to killing bush meat and eating it raw!!!. The video is below.

This's why I was explaining to some novices on this forum few days ago that Adolf Hitler loved them more than any other imperial power blackmailing him.

Here is a documentary on African soldiers abandoned in Burma by Britain during world War II.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWIHOIZVZtE

Here's another short documentary on how Germans mocked France for fighting alongside slaves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr-mhKreJqo

If you're from a Francophone African country, here is a documentary on the African soldiers abducted by France during the world wars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQHx4_VMkXI

Africans beware!!.
Just saw the first clip, pathetic... One can only imagine what our forefathers went through in the hands of those barbarians and savages.... Jeezzzz

Will watch the others later, network is acting up..
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by Nobody: 7:47am On Feb 24, 2017
I swear oyibos of those days had no heart and the blacks of those days had no brain,see as person papa dey carry a full grown man and even the stupid grown men are enjoying being carried.

May God punish them wherever they are now.

Damn,back in the old days Nigerian women used to be gorgeous,I wonder what changed.
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by Nobody: 8:09am On Feb 24, 2017
EazyMoh:

You've got to be kidding me!
No he isn't...that's why we pepper them!!!
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by Nobody: 8:13am On Feb 24, 2017
cupidhero:

My dad owns about 6 ivory bracelets.
I will surely advise him to bury or throw it away. Elephants were almost hunted into extinction in the name of fashion. If him no troway the bracelet make him find who him go dash am cos i ain't wearing something like that in the future.
You'll be throwing millions of dollars away...yeah that's the worth
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by madridguy(m): 8:17am On Feb 24, 2017
Very informative.
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by Angel1696: 8:30am On Feb 24, 2017
Explorers:
Late Stephen Keshi exchange pennant with Cameroon captain Richard Abega. Date unknown.
. At that time when football players where wearing boxers to play football.
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by Pro2makx(m): 8:55am On Feb 24, 2017
Explorers:
A railway engineer, track inspector be lifted about
Chai!!! My ansestors suffer for this tiny things called whites o.
See the bast.ard seat dey enjoy y ppl use head, not even shoulder carry am.
God purnish the oyibo race
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by Rockyrascal(m): 8:59am On Feb 24, 2017
Explorers:
Vintage Lipton Ad sold for 75k, 1980.
lipton for 75k, shocked
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by Pro2makx(m): 9:10am On Feb 24, 2017
Rockyrascal:
lipton for 75k, shocked
As in Kobo
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by Petril(m): 9:12am On Feb 24, 2017
Other Countries got Better, Nigeria Became worse... I fear for what's coming in the future, i don't want to imagine it self

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by thinkmoney(m): 9:34am On Feb 24, 2017
Explorers:
Selling fruits in kano 1930.
This one is a lie. That can't be Kano in 1930
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by ephi123(f): 9:40am On Feb 24, 2017
tuoyoojo:

my sister the same thing I was saying where did we miss it. how did we get to this present situation.

if I say wetin I see for this picture compared to now nor break my heart then na lie I talk

I tell you. It is well. May God have mercy on this country and help us achieve our potential. Amen.
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by hisMrs(f): 9:42am On Feb 24, 2017
Explorers:
Making call in Nigeria way back.

i wish we still had pay phones, no need to be borrowing airtime.
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by JohnsonOlanre: 9:47am On Feb 24, 2017
BabaRamota1980:
Well done Explorer.

This Biafran soldier flogging a villager in one of the places they invaded and planted flag.

The Biafran soldier caught a rapist vandal muslim abooki soldier, stipped him naked and flogged him for raping and killing innocent women and children. Our yoruba muslim skulls know that's what happened but like always we will lie against Biafrans. grin
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by JohnsonOlanre: 9:51am On Feb 24, 2017
gartamanta:
I wonder who the Biafran Soldier was beating up? Probably a captured Nigerian Soldier.

That's what they do to captured abooki and yoruba soldiers who went to their land to rape and kill innocent women and children in the name of 'one nigeria'. They flog them and lock them up instead of shooting them like abookis would have done. To be fair Biafran soldiers were more humane. We may like to deny but it is the truth.
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by thinkmoney(m): 10:04am On Feb 24, 2017
Explorers:
Efik women, unknown.

Skimpies don tay o, nice gowns though.
Something tells me this most b some minister daughters or consort back then. However south southerners rule and others follow when it comes to fashion and 'free spirit'.
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by cupidhero(m): 10:08am On Feb 24, 2017
laudate:

Donate those ivory bracelets & anklets to the Onikan Museum in Lagos, or any of the museums closest to you. They would surely appreciate it, and put it on display as a historical artifact. smiley
I think thats the best thing to do. I never knew those ivory bracelets were this old till i saw a post about it on this thread.
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by Jabioro: 10:14am On Feb 24, 2017
Explorers:
Agbonmagbe Bank, now Wema Bank. Incorporated in 1945.
Oh ho! I thought is a lied when my father used tomake adage with the name Agbonmagbe.. them leave am with old name. how times fly ✈
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by JohnsonOlanre: 10:16am On Feb 24, 2017
Petril:
Other Countries got Better, Nigeria Became worse... I fear for what's coming in the future, i don't want to imagine it self

The truth is that the country can NEVER EVER become great again. People who tell you otherwise are deceiving the gullible ones.
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by Jabioro: 10:25am On Feb 24, 2017
Explorers:
NEPA.
Afrca largest growing electricity..? become Africa largest decline electricity company. She died some years ago, living behind uncultured children.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Edo Election: Violence Erupts As Obaseki Arrives His Polling Unit / Whistleblower Narrates What Transpired In The Lagos Apartment Where EFCC Seized / Peter Odili & Others Reject Democracy Heroes Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.