Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? (20326 Views)

I Almost Lost My Marriage Over ‘april Fool’ Prank –woman / Man Ends 22-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Trousers / Wife Seeks Dissolution Of 14-year Marriage Over Excessive Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by PureWays(m): 7:59pm On Jul 12, 2016
Tough one...

Marriage.
Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by Proffdada: 7:59pm On Jul 12, 2016
Family 1st

1 Like

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by dljbd1(m): 8:00pm On Jul 12, 2016
PushPlay:

I find the bolded amusing...I don't want to dwell on it too much but doesn't speak well of your level of intelligence.

Brother, wetin the guy do you na
Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 12, 2016

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by iamkingzlee(m): 8:01pm On Jul 12, 2016
Tough one! But, i'll rather build a good fam first!

1 Like

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 12, 2016
*side eyes *
iamkingzlee:
Tough one! But, i'll rather build a good fam first!
Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by Teagirl(f): 8:05pm On Jul 12, 2016
naijamakossa:
you only have problems in your marriage when you as a man has a wife competing with you each day.
I am not against the freedoms our wives are asking now,both of us can't be too busy
what we refuse to understand is no matter what,,,,,,,,, wives are expert in home affairs,thus keeping good homes ,so when that woman who is expected to put her home in order begin to wear same trousers with the man my people things Will likely fall apart imagine husband and wife travelin to a business trip at the same time impossible,
the worst thing I will do to my unborn kids is to leave them in the hands of a stranger probably a housemaid without the presence of my wife is what I won't welcome in my family.

so to avoid this marriage crisis both husband and wife should know their responsibility to make peace reign in their marriage.
am looking for an unlike bottom, so the only place she is permitted to succeed is in the kitchen ? Why you go about chasing women with your money intoxicated self .They tell you to dream but don't dream too big ,we all desire a good marriage but are couples still keeping the marriage Val's ? After all my education I should come beg for money before I buy undies . am going to succeed, I will push my self to the Zenith and if you have a problem with that as a man you take a walk. I will be very rich so any man with low self esteem won't like me. Any wise woman will look for how to balance career and marriage.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by figure007(m): 8:06pm On Jul 12, 2016
When you have a good career and a bad marriage then your so called career will turn into nothing but hell on earth Cos thaw greatest job you have on earth after salvation is marriage ....alot of pple have good homes with peace of mind without big career and they are living fine burns bad marriage ?? Ahhh you and the career would suffer ehn...better you remain single with your career oo.... I talk my own

1 Like

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 12, 2016
Cutehector:
It may be very difficult to balance Career with family affairs, when your Job entails so much work that you are hardly at home. Either of the parents do not have time for the kids, and just as things go, one may feel lonely. This may on the long run bring friction in your marriage leading to constant arguments, quarrels, and even Divorce if care is not taken.

Now, I wish to put forth this question to the house, Would you choose a Good marriage over your career? If such career really has a negative effect on your marriage. When I mean a good marriage, I mean a marriage where both can say the are Happily married.

Points to put into consideration before commenting your opinion

State of the economy

Children's welfare

Health issues

High cost of living

Having considered this points, what would be your answer ?

YES!!!!...I will choose a Good Marriage to Career

simple reason is: when you have a good marriage, even in d midst of disappoints,failures and travails in ur career,,,there is always someone at home(virtuous wife)waiting for you to tell you that you are the BEST in the world!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 12, 2016
A good marriage is dependent on a good career. For men, at least. Nobody ever divorced their wives for not being financially well off. Well, most men won't.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by nkemdi89(f): 8:06pm On Jul 12, 2016
It depends on choice, from experience most successful career women doesn't enjoy good marriage. Marriage over career can only work when the spouse can take care of the family, besides not all women like depending on their partner especially when she has tasted financial independence. Another thing pursue your dream if you feel marriage will be miserable for you.

1 Like

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by VictorRomanov: 8:08pm On Jul 12, 2016
Teempakguy:
Tough question.

My guy, that's a very though question. One usually has to suffer for the other. Keeping them in balance is very very hard. To some near impossible.
Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by iamkingzlee(m): 8:10pm On Jul 12, 2016
Fabulocity:
*side eyes *
Baby, what i do naa? cry

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by jaybee3(m): 8:11pm On Jul 12, 2016
Happily married without adequate income?
That's nothing more than a fallacy in this 21st century

Finance after infidelity is the biggest cause of divorce

10 Likes

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by sisisioge: 8:12pm On Jul 12, 2016
Before nko? No debate there so long as there is still gonna be a support system. I could do my thing then.
Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by Earth2Metahuman: 8:13pm On Jul 12, 2016
A good carrier will make good marriage possible.. tongue

4 Likes

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by uzolexis(f): 8:14pm On Jul 12, 2016
Teagirl:
am looking for an unlike bottom, so the only place she is permitted to succeed is in the kitchen ? Why you go about chasing women with your money intoxicated self .They tell you to dream but don't dream too big ,we all desire a good marriage but are couples still keeping the marriage Val's ? After all my education I should come beg for money before I buy undies . am going to succeed, I will push my self to the Zenith and if you have a problem with that as a man you take a walk. I will be very rich so any man with low self esteem won't like me. Any wise woman will look for how to balance career and marriage.

Bless you sister, after my masters and PHd soon i will now come and be a house wife, God no go gree...my husband and I will balance both, together we will make it work.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by ginajet(f): 8:14pm On Jul 12, 2016
olatunjithomas:
I will rather choose a good marriage over career.
come to think of it,a marriage cannot be said to be good if the couple is not stable financially.
once I'm able to feed my children, and I'm able to grant every of my wife's request.career can have it way after my marriage...........

ROSIELUV, I know you will like this.

Ginajet
wins18
Equalizer
Charlene
you people should come and say your mind ooooooo

Nd meanwhile, don't forget to vote for FALCONEY for Mr nairaland 2016.
work hard so that ROSIELUV won't leave you for Falconey.. .... Good marriage + money=equation balanced

1 Like

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by Fanirandele: 8:15pm On Jul 12, 2016
Why can't you have both? Many people have both so why limit yourself to one

4 Likes

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by diva90: 8:15pm On Jul 12, 2016
jaybee3:

I agree! A lot of couples disagree due to monetary issues

4 Likes

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by T3Amo(f): 8:17pm On Jul 12, 2016
Maybe in the past I would have chosen good marriage but now I would choose a career.

The truth is love comes and goes. Ask anyone and being financially secure and having comfort and less worries is what will keep the marriage going when the love is gone.

As long as I am able to provide for family and kids and will be able to provide them with security in life than that's the main thing. If you Also work hard early in life than you can retire early and then spend the rest of your time travelling and enjoying retirement with your spouse.

Where will the happiness be when there is no money to pay your debts, kids education etc etc and if that so called spouse leaves you then you are left with nothing. all the rich people in the world today are where they are because of their career and that's why their kids, grandchildren etc are benefiting from it.

You can still be happy with a good career and still be there for ur kids

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by dasanchez1(m): 8:18pm On Jul 12, 2016
eph12:
You can't choose career ahead of family. The career will come and go but your family will still be there. Unless you have a very understanding spouse that can hold the home steady in your absence, when you're aged and retired you will realize you don't actually have a family.
This is one reason why I can never marry a lady that insists on white collar jobs.
Oga mi,
this is the reason why I followed your moniker last two years... you said this words back then.....
kudos bro......
Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by T3Amo(f): 8:18pm On Jul 12, 2016
jaybee3:

Exactly.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by SAMBATLAN(m): 8:18pm On Jul 12, 2016
a good marriage is already a successful career in itself

2 Likes

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by Flairoqy(m): 8:20pm On Jul 12, 2016
in this present generation? career first, we could sort out family issues but I can't go too broke, Poverty causes broken home too, but with money? Mehn I can make my home comfortable

1 Like

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by Akjr(m): 8:20pm On Jul 12, 2016
Very tough question... Buh to me. I will choose career ova marriage.. I have my reasons.. Ion knw bout u

1 Like

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 12, 2016
Lol oobserve how it's most of the females choosing a marriage over career but if you rephrase that question to: Which would you have, a broke guy or a wealthy guy? Youl'd be surprised how many women change their tune.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by dasanchez1(m): 8:23pm On Jul 12, 2016
ginajet:
work hard so that ROSIELUV won't leave you for Falconey.. .... Good marriage + money=equation balanced

lol...
A marketer should remind me this type of advertising model...

using style to advertise Falconey ... Good luck to him..

winks....

1 Like

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by badonkadonk: 8:24pm On Jul 12, 2016
Cutehector:
It may be very difficult to balance Career with family affairs, when your Job entails so much work that you are hardly at home. Either of the parents do not have time for the kids, and just as things go, one may feel lonely. This may on the long run bring friction in your marriage leading to constant arguments, quarrels, and even Divorce if care is not taken.

Now, I wish to put forth this question to the house, Would you choose a Good marriage over your career? If such career really has a negative effect on your marriage. When I mean a good marriage, I mean a marriage where both can say the are Happily married.

Points to put into consideration before commenting your opinion

State of the economy

Children's welfare

Health issues

High cost of living

Having considered this points, what would be your answer ?

If it's a good marriage, you wouldn't have to choose...

It pains me many atimes, when people come up with stuffs like this..

Guess this is what happens when people claim they are in love when in real terms they just don't know what love truly means...

3 Likes

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by ginajet(f): 8:28pm On Jul 12, 2016
dasanchez1:

lol...
A marketer should remind me this type of advertising model...

using style to advertise Falconey ... Good luck to him..

winks....
did the advert work? Oh am sure it worked because you noticed... Thanks Boss... Counting on your vote for Falconey wink wink

1 Like

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by lonelydora: 8:28pm On Jul 12, 2016
I chose Good Marriage over career. Asked my wife to stop her job 6 months into our marriage. After child birth/rearing, she will start another work or even go into bizness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Forges Wife’s Landed Documents, Sells Her 2-storey Building In Lagos / Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style / Woman Gives Birth To Four Children On Her First Delivery In Jigawa. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.