Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? (20325 Views)

I Almost Lost My Marriage Over ‘april Fool’ Prank –woman / Man Ends 22-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Trousers / Wife Seeks Dissolution Of 14-year Marriage Over Excessive Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 12, 2016
It easier to change from a career to another one or even get a job is easier than getting a true happily marriage!

Not been selfish the future of the children is enough to change d job or career.

God help us! Olorun ma fikan bakan lowo mi.

1 Like

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by abike12(f): 8:33pm On Jul 12, 2016
Real tough one. Life is all about balance. I complain a lot about no relationship despite having a great career but I sure don't want to be in a marriage with nothing else going on for me in life, no job, no goals, no impact to society. I hope it's not too greedy to ask for both a great marriage and a great career grin

5 Likes

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by eph12(m): 8:33pm On Jul 12, 2016
dasanchez1:

Oga mi,
this is the reason why I followed your moniker last two years... you said this words back then.....
kudos bro......
cheesy grin
Really? I have always had that ideology and I strongly believe in it. Thanks bro. How have you been?
Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by Cutehector(m): 8:33pm On Jul 12, 2016
Fanirandele:
Why can't you have both? Many people have both so why limit yourself to one
before I create any front page worthy thread, I try my best to make things clear...

if u really did read the body of the topic well, u will realise that I mentioned a career that comes in the way of your marriage. There are good and bad careers. Funny enough the bad careers come with a lot of pay check, travel and health benefits, but take 95percent of ur family time.

Now tell me, how would u balance this? Pleas think again. Thaank u.
Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by naijamakossa(m): 8:34pm On Jul 12, 2016
Teagirl:
am looking for an unlike bottom, so the only place she is permitted to succeed is in the kitchen ? Why you go about chasing women with your money intoxicated self .They tell you to dream but don't dream too big ,we all desire a good marriage but are couples still keeping the marriage Val's ? After all my education I should come beg for money before I buy undies . am going to succeed, I will push my self to the Zenith and if you have a problem with that as a man you take a walk. I will be very rich so any man with low self esteem won't like me. Any wise woman will look for how to balance career and marriage.
I am not saying our wives should be home mamas,I am only saying they can keep a good home more than men
but bae go do research no one is stopping u to be a baby mama or a single parents
most of the ladies that rant like u are ranting now which is pride are still single
I will never marry a woman that will not cook my food because of her work
go watch black American home movies on marital issue u will find out that this is problem not jus in africa but the world
don't allow this silly movies to deceive u,it's no real ok.
tanx
Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by eph12(m): 8:35pm On Jul 12, 2016
abike12:
Real tough one. Life is all about balance. I complain a lot about no relationship despite having a great career but I sure don't want to be in a marriage with nothing else going on for me in life, no job, no goals, no impact to society. I hope it's not too greedy to ask for both a great marriage and a great career grin
Of course you can have both but if your career is very demanding it won't be easy for the family o
Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by alizma: 8:36pm On Jul 12, 2016
olatunjithomas:
I will rather choose a good marriage over career.
come to think of it,a marriage cannot be said to be good if the couple is not stable financially.
once I'm able to feed my children, and I'm able to grant every of my wife's request.career can have it way after my marriage...........

ROSIELUV, I know you will like this.

Ginajet
wins18
Equalizer
Charlene
you people should come and say your mind ooooooo

Nd meanwhile, don't forget to vote for FALCONEY for Mr nairaland 2016.
pls do you know of a man who has been able to grant EVERY of his wife's request?

1 Like

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by smogup: 8:38pm On Jul 12, 2016
Career first o. Marriage is not compulsory but necessary.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by Cutehector(m): 8:38pm On Jul 12, 2016
abike12:
before I create any front page worthy thread, I try my best to make things clear...

if u really did read the body of the topic well, u will realise that I mentioned a career that comes in the way of your marriage. There are good and bad careers. Funny enough the bad careers come with a lot of pay check, travel and health benefits, but take 95percent of ur family time.

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by eph12(m): 8:39pm On Jul 12, 2016
larabae13:
For me oo if the marriage is very good nd solid derez no problem leaving ma career...buh I can't be a stay at home wife oo....I'll find somefin reasonable to do with ma tym wink
Honey no guy wants a stay at home wife any more. For this economy? Abeg o. You have to bring something to the table.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by manuel80(m): 8:41pm On Jul 12, 2016
ginajet:
Good marriage ofcourse but we should be able to build the future for our children too... . I mean take a good look at Otedola, Adenuga and Dangote... Their wives ain't complaining are they?
I agree with you but you never can tell wat those men are going through in the house

1 Like

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by eph12(m): 8:41pm On Jul 12, 2016
smogup:
Career first o. Marriage is not compulsory but necessary.
If you have a great career and all who/what you now working for?
Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by HaneefahRN(f): 8:41pm On Jul 12, 2016
A good marriage.
You can always try and modify your career, if possible, to create a balance. I don't think it's advisable for anyone to be financially insecure
Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by emonkey(m): 8:42pm On Jul 12, 2016
Cutehector:
It may be very difficult to balance Career with family affairs, when your Job entails so much work that you are hardly at home. Either of the parents do not have time for the kids, and just as things go, one may feel lonely. This may on the long run bring friction in your marriage leading to constant arguments, quarrels, and even Divorce if care is not taken.

Now, I wish to put forth this question to the house, Would you choose a Good marriage over your career? If such career really has a negative effect on your marriage. When I mean a good marriage, I mean a marriage where both can say the are Happily married.

Points to put into consideration before commenting your opinion

State of the economy

Children's welfare

Health issues

High cost of living

Having considered this points, what would be your answer ?

[size=14pt]As a senior citizen , I will give you the following suggestions :
1. A good career will probably only last till you turn 60
2. A good marriage will last you a lifetime
3. A good marriage will not alienate your need for a good career; otherwise there is nothing good about it.
4. There is nothing impossible about balancing career and family affairs. You just need to stop looking at how other people do it and find a system that works for your situation.
Remain blessed, you and your spouse.
[/size]

8 Likes

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by mira4u: 8:44pm On Jul 12, 2016
Finance is part of what makes a marriage good. They can never b happy if hungry. If a career affects the marriage negatively, you can always switch to something better.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by ginajet(f): 8:45pm On Jul 12, 2016
manuel80:

I agree with you but you never can tell wat those men are going through in the house
everyone pass through alot in their home.. Both rich and poor... We should pray to God for a partner that is understanding

2 Likes

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by Freiburger(m): 8:45pm On Jul 12, 2016
Is there anything wrong in having both?

1 Like

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by T3Amo(f): 8:47pm On Jul 12, 2016
naijamakossa:
I am not saying our wives should be home mamas,I am only saying they can keep a good home more than men
but bae go do research no one is stopping u to be a baby mama or a single parents
most of the ladies that rant like u are ranting now which is pride are still single
I will never marry a woman that will not cook my food because of her work
go watch black American home movies on marital issue u will find out that this is problem not jus in africa but the world
don't allow this silly movies to deceive u,it's no real ok.
tanx

You are a very insecure man. It takes a special kind of man that will appreciate a wife with a career. Truth is If a man or woman has a very demanding job the spouse should understand and be supportive after all it won't be forever. Once he/she gets the exposure and can save a lot from that job it will benefit the family as a whole. If marriage to you is just about cooking meals then don't get married. Just hire a maid rather

This reminds me of a case of an insecure man who married a woman with a good career. He made her quit her job and shortly he had an accident and could no longer work. So they were both screwed.

I believe nowadays having two incomes is very beneficial because anything can happen. If one gets retrenched or something than at least there is a backup.

I believe though that career women should go for educated career men as well who appreciate hardwork and not egotistical men whose ego gets bruised simply because the wife is doing well.

8 Likes

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by abike12(f): 8:47pm On Jul 12, 2016
Cutehector:

If my career got to the point where it was preventing me from spending time with my family permanently, I'd save up enough and resign to find some other job or another business to do for money.

1 Like

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by olatunjithomas(m): 8:48pm On Jul 12, 2016
alizma:

pls do you know of a man who has been able to grant EVERY of his wife's request?

ahhhh....na big question you ask oooooo

let me reason am..............hunnnnnnnnnn ......

1 Like

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by GoodBoi1(m): 8:49pm On Jul 12, 2016
All these women with degrees, are you saying you can't give 5 years to raising kids then you resume your career?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by Cutehector(m): 8:52pm On Jul 12, 2016
Teagirl:
am looking for an unlike bottom, so the only place she is permitted to succeed is in the kitchen ? Why you go about chasing women with your money intoxicated self .They tell you to dream but don't dream too big ,we all desire a good marriage but are couples still keeping the marriage Val's ? After all my education I should come beg for money before I buy undies . am going to succeed, I will push my self to the Zenith and if you have a problem with that as a man you take a walk. I will be very rich so any man with low self esteem won't like me. Any wise woman will look for how to balance career and marriage.

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by Ezionye(f): 8:53pm On Jul 12, 2016
naijamakossa:
you only have problems in your marriage when you as a man has a wife competing with you each day.
I am not against the freedoms our wives are asking now,both of us can't be too busy
what we refuse to understand is no matter what,,,,,,,,, wives are expert in home affairs,thus keeping good homes ,so when that woman who is expected to put her home in order begin to wear same trousers with the man my people things Will likely fall apart imagine husband and wife travelin to a business trip at the same time impossible,
the worst thing I will do to my unborn kids is to leave them in the hands of a stranger probably a housemaid without the presence of my wife is what I won't welcome in my family.

so to avoid this marriage crisis both husband and wife should know their responsibility to make peace reign in their marriage.

U dint answer the question sha. Or did I miss somtin?
Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by naijamakossa(m): 8:56pm On Jul 12, 2016
T3Amo:

You are a very insecure man. It takes a special kind of man that will appreciate a wife with a career. Truth is If a man or woman has a very demanding job the spouse should understand and be supportive after all it won't be forever. Once he/she gets the exposure and can save a lot from that job it will benefit the family as a whole. If marriage to you is just about cooking meals then don't get married. Just hire a maid rather

This reminds me of a case of an insecure man who married a woman with a good career. He made her quit her job and shortly he had an accident and could no longer work. So they were both screwed.

I believe nowadays having two incomes is very beneficial because anything can happen. If one gets retrenched or something than at least there is a backup.

I believe though that career women should go for educated career men as well who appreciate hardwork and not egotistical men whose ego gets bruised simply because the wife is doing well.
ok get u
Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 12, 2016
As a single female, right now career is important to me. It's my only priority.

All my single, independent, strong ladies, stand uppppp. cool

5 Likes

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by naijamakossa(m): 9:04pm On Jul 12, 2016
Ezionye:

U dint answer the question sha. Or did I miss somtin?
don't mind someone has convince me already
Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by just2okworld(f): 9:05pm On Jul 12, 2016
Samhay come here cool
Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by Mopricelezz(f): 9:05pm On Jul 12, 2016
Good marriage
Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by T3Amo(f): 9:05pm On Jul 12, 2016
GoodBoi1:
All these women with degrees, are you saying you can't give 5 years to raising kids then you resume your career?

Unfortunately in the real world anybody who takes 5years off is committing career suicide. Things are constantly changing as well.

Let me ask you this question. Would you go to a Dr who has not practiced in 5years for a surgery or the one who has been in practice. Would you go to a mechanic who has not fixed any cars in 5years. Would you trust an accountant who has not looked at anything accounting related in 5years? Would you hire someone who has been unemployed for 5years versus someone who has been in the sector for long? Am sure you get the drift now.

7 Likes

Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by smogup: 9:07pm On Jul 12, 2016
eph12:

If you have a great career and all who/what you now working for?
...working for More money
Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by Mhoxune(f): 9:07pm On Jul 12, 2016
As for me, I'll choose a good marriage over and over again!
Re: Would You Choose A Good Marriage Over Career? by jaybee3(m): 9:10pm On Jul 12, 2016
Cutehector:

Sacrifice is the magic word bro

You must embrace flexibility of approach in order to achieve much needed balance

Couples have to do whatever it takes to make their union work

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Forges Wife’s Landed Documents, Sells Her 2-storey Building In Lagos / Man Dies After Dancing Gangnam Style / Woman Gives Birth To Four Children On Her First Delivery In Jigawa. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.