Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,424 members, 7,781,237 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:06 AM

My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! - Romance (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! (53294 Views)

My Beautiful Girlfriend End Our 5 Years Relationship Because my Career Pursuit / A Nairalander Pre-wedding Picture After 12 Year Relationship / 10 Signs Your Girlfriend Just Slept With Someone Else (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 13, 2016
keypad1:
i never knew your mum is a retired ashawo. Spits!

Cursed soul like you
E pain am! Stop copying my words! Be creative for once dullard! undecided

Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by Bonnywest: 2:20pm On Jul 13, 2016
She has used u, turnd ur goodness 4 stupidity. Your sacrifices were based on love but not wise enof. Abandoned ur personal growth & development for hers. Now she's advanced than u & perhaps ready to settle down but u r still struggling. She can't wait cos her love 4 u isn't strong enof. 4get her, don't call her any more. Relate freely with female friends. Find one who hers capacity to love ASAP not materialistic ones. there's a vacuum in ur heart that needs to be filled up soon, but remember u can b happy in life w/out any1. Toughen up & move on, there r nice girls out there looking for genuine lovers like you. Complete ur HND & make enof money. Gdluck
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by BrokenHeart2016: 2:34pm On Jul 13, 2016
richard870:
@Op, I'm sorry you are going through this 'ugly' situation right now. I'm gonna ask a few questions before i proceed

1. Ever had issues about infidelity with her?
2. Is she materialistic?
3. In what way/ways did she reciprocate your kind gestures?

Ok now, all i'm trying to do is rekindle your memory so you can see if you probably ignored the handwriting on the wall

@Op, my advice for you is to ask her the reason/reasons for taking such heartless decision against you and be ready embrace whatever comes from it as one of the lessons of life

Pls don't go out of your way to suplicate!!! Because its obvious she's a fickle that wants a 'Gold laced lifestyle'

Its high time you took a bold step in life bro (God bless)
1. Not untill now
2. No she's not, last month I wanted to get her a new phone but she insist that she doesn't need a smart phone that a Nokia torch light phone is Ok for her then I buy a small Nokia phone
3. Before God and man, she always appreciate everything that have done for her
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by brownjulie(f): 2:40pm On Jul 13, 2016
arowz56:

And that's why you will keep falling in the hands of the wrong....they say women knows in 29secs if she wants to be with someone or not...you should know this guy wants to marry her just...well....if you keep thinking you don't have time cause of marriage...eyah I pity una! Money keeps you all and after few years in marriage after you drop one or two issue for him...he start seeing someone else and you will be a giving birth machine....and you now be alone! piece of advice you have all the time one this earth...women are becoming successful and powerful this days...focused women not women thinking of marriage and all..wake up
my dear am not surprised at your response.... Who is talking about money here? I know of a lady that dated a guy for 8yrs and she was dumped for a younger lady...the guy said she is too old for him....how does she know the guy wants to marry her? Because he spent money on her? I begi.... A man that will cheat will cheat even if you use your head give am water drink....take it or leave it,long term relationship is never the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by BrokenHeart2016: 2:41pm On Jul 13, 2016
keypad1:
na that day she go die if she comes back begging
Lol she no go die, I go just give her small change for transport fare and zoom off in my buggati lol
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by emtol: 2:44pm On Jul 13, 2016
U just have to forget her anyway, she is not yours. There's nothing you can do about it, it could be a blessing in disguise. Forge ahead.
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by brownjulie(f): 2:52pm On Jul 13, 2016
Misskaycee21:

Na so una dey talk
do u know when they started dating?? they probably started dating before gaining admission, do u expect them to get married then?? undecided
. Thank God you are a lady, be 29/30 and be dating(not courting oo) a guy that will be ready in 5 years time(2 yrs for HND,1yr for nysc,2yrs for job,etc)....
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by tevanso(m): 3:17pm On Jul 13, 2016
AdexOmoby:

I am completely sorry about what you've been through. It's hurts and it's painful. Really sorry. Remember the pain would just be for a while and soon you'd be stronger for it.

You seem to be a good man who unfortunately had a bad babe, one who had your best interest at heart. I wish all ladies would know that there are still good and faithful guys like you around. Please don't stop being good. Continue to be yourself. Do not allow this make you become bitter or cruel. Aren't you blessed she broke it off now than later? 5 years may be long, but your courtship has been termed successful because it's achieved the aim for which it was started-to find out if you both are meant for eachother.

It's obvious she's no longer interested in the relationship. I wish I knew her reasons. I am a lady and a lady wouldn't break up a relationship that long without reasons. I believe she's invested 5 years of her life there too...but somehow, she picked someone else. Hence, you've got to move on somehow. Please cry all you can. Don't be deceived that men don't cry. Mourn all you can. Let yourself feel the pain. It's alright. It's okay to cry. Your pains are valid. But after mourning, rise up and move on. It would hurt once in a while but choose to see the good side of life. She only made you stronger and tougher for life's challenges.

You could delete everything that has to do with her. I think you're helping yourself heal faster. Go out and make friends. Join a church club or organisation of your choice. Go out and learn a skill. Ensure your mind is not ideal. You're busy which gives you less time to wallow in self pity. You may want to delete her contacts from all your social accounts handles.

Hugs bro. You'd be fine. Gradually, you'd fine life again. And perhaps love too. I wish you the best.
nice write up,i sent u a mail,pls we need to talk
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by richard870(m): 3:24pm On Jul 13, 2016
BrokenHeart2016:

1. Not untill now
2. No she's not, last month I wanted to get her a new phone but she insist that she doesn't need a smart phone that a Nokia torch light phone is Ok for her then I buy a small Nokia phone
3. Before God and man, she always appreciate everything that have done for her
Hmmmm....well, if that's the case you have the right to know what provoked her callous decision

And please observe her tone when talking

I feel your pain bro #BeStrong!
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by keypad1: 3:39pm On Jul 13, 2016
Trina0936:

E pain am! Stop copying my words! Be creative for once dullard! undecided
me copy an slowpoke like u?

Gerrout mehn
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by tevanso(m): 3:41pm On Jul 13, 2016
dollyrathebe:
am sure she must have been influenced by friends. she will be graduating soon. probably she is planning to settle down as in marriage nd u avnt evn started ur Hnd. dat tym too long for her nw but nevertheless she sud av tut abt dat instead of decieving u nd takn ur resources all in the name of love. Anyways take hrt the deed has bin done. bt d advice frm me is u must neva tink of takn ha bak cos she wil repeat d same
u got it rite ,i took her back and she left again ,experience speaks undecided
dollyrathebe:
am sure she must have been influenced by friends. she will be graduating soon. probably she is planning to settle down as in marriage nd u avnt evn started ur Hnd. dat tym too long for her nw but nevertheless she sud av tut abt dat instead of decieving u nd takn ur resources all in the name of love. Anyways take hrt the deed has bin done. bt d advice frm me is u must neva tink of takn ha bak cos she wil repeat d same
u got it rite ,i took her back and she left again ,experience speaks
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 13, 2016
keypad1:
me copy an slowpoke like u?

Gerrout mehn
Hahhaaaahahhahaaa! Can you be any more frustrated grin

Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by Wowzer(m): 4:41pm On Jul 13, 2016
Op. Be Thankful and Drink plenty water.

When a woman is fed up...there is nothing you can do about it.

Instead be happy that she is gone. Gives you the opportunity to seek a better lady. You now have opportunity to select any lady from around the globe. Asian, Latino , Black British, German, Polish, Brazilian, Zimbabwean. Why limit yourself?

Girls run like buses...you may miss one and catch one on the hour promptly.

You can never love a lady so much that you can't doubt her. Always let her know you can do without her.

Milk already spilt....So why cry now.

Next time don't be overcommitted because now you will have to deal with it and you will hate it.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by HaneefahRN(f): 4:49pm On Jul 13, 2016
yommysure:
hmmm,she finished with upper credit while you finished with lower credit .. she has finished with her hnd while you just want to enroll for hnd.....nice one...

You brought out the main points.
I don't know if OP and the girl discussed time frame for marriage. 5 years is quite a long time for courtship, the lady is most likely is ready for marriage but sees the OP isn't ready for such now.

OP, take heart and move on.
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by kenex4ever(m): 4:50pm On Jul 13, 2016
ijeshaboy:
u are a dumb ass try to read his conclusion, your common sense is not common. Werey alaso
what is this village brought up saying?
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by ijeshaboy: 5:13pm On Jul 13, 2016
kenex4ever:
that you can't comprehend.
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by ijeshaboy: 5:15pm On Jul 13, 2016
kenex4ever:
that you can't comprehend. Sapana la pao, olode la gbe o lo, lukuluku la pa o.
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 13, 2016
Pussy ass nigga
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by kenex4ever(m): 5:28pm On Jul 13, 2016
ijeshaboy:
that you can't comprehend. Sapana la pao, olode la gbe o lo, lukuluku la pa o.
ain't gat no time 4 any bush man!
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by luluosas(m): 6:45pm On Jul 13, 2016
Young man, face your life. You were supposed to be studying to better your tomorrow and you are hear crying over a disaster God saved you from. Face your studies and so NO to boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. Be prepared to marry legally this minute if you cannot close your two legs against the rampaging women out there.
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by AdexOmoby(f): 7:26pm On Jul 13, 2016
tevanso:
nice write up,i sent u a mail,pls we need to talk

Okay. I'd check. I am sorry I am just responding. Alternatively please send me a mail on omobyadex@yahoo.com.
Thank you. I'd look forward to hearing from you.
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by arowz56(m): 9:02pm On Jul 13, 2016
brownjulie:
my dear am not surprised at your response.... Who is talking about money here? I know of a lady that dated a guy for 8yrs and she was dumped for a younger lady...the guy said she is too old for him....how does she know the guy wants to marry her? Because he spent money on her? I begi.... A man that will cheat will cheat even if you use your head give am water drink....take it or leave it,long term relationship is never the best.

Well different strokes for different men! That's life but for real how would I date someoke for long and I realized along the way he or she ain't my thing again? Dunno sha...it is well...i believe in knowing your partner well sha before coming together as one...itsba crazy world
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by slevin1(m): 10:27pm On Jul 13, 2016
BrokenHeart2016:

Thanks my brother, now that you mention the words "MOVE ON" my mind is free now...right now I think I need motivational speaker
Thanks bro God bless u

Haha. You're welcome bro but there's no motivational speech for heartbreak. All it takes is a reminiscence and clarity to face the reality and you'll heal yourself. I'm glad I could help. All the best.
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by missyge(f): 2:09am On Jul 14, 2016
sbabimbola:

Same old story....... That's why I advocate for dating before jumping into serious relationship, you'd be able to adjudge your prospects before saying yes.

But boys of nowadays wanna assume fatherly 'bed roles' without marital commitments '...... It doesn't work that way!
Sure
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by Banter1(m): 11:00pm On Jul 14, 2016
blackedwin:

just because you're a liar doesn't mean everybody is the same. I don't need you to believe what I am saying.
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by umesichibuzor: 5:25pm On Feb 28, 2017
This story reminds me of me!was faithful and gave my all,nigga broke up with me,I went to he's house he pushed me out,4yrs,from my year one to final year, I cried my eyes out!but I never called him again, 4months after he called to ask:so u dont miss me?I hung up!he kept calling and texting!I never replied!GOd blessed me with a better man,more romantic, guy wey sabi do!(cough),we have 2kids today and the stupid guy that broke my heart is still single and been stupid,so my dear! move the Bleep on!
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 28, 2017
umesichibuzor:
This story reminds me of me!was faithful and gave my all,nigga broke up with me,I went to he's house he pushed me out,4yrs,from my year one to final year, I cried my eyes out!but I never called him again, 4months after he called to ask:so u dont miss me?I hung up!he kept calling and texting!I never replied!GOd blessed me with a better man,more romantic, guy wey sabi do!(cough),we have 2kids today and the stupid guy that broke my heart is still single and been stupid,so my dear! move the Bleep on!
Thanks for this comment.
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by killsmith(f): 8:25pm On Feb 28, 2017
Sorry man....move on...

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Pre-Wedding Photos Of Large-Sized Lady & Her Fiance Shut Down Internet / Lagos Babe Who Gets Angry When Ugly Ladies Succeed More Than Her / Man Gets Playful With His Fiancee's Backside In Saucy Pre-wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.