Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

WhatsApp Set To Abandon Symbian OS - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / WhatsApp Set To Abandon Symbian OS (667 Views)

Whatsapp Set To Launch HUGE New Feature That Could Cost You A Lot Of Money / Whatsapp Not Working On Blackberry, Nokia & Symbian Phones (PHOTO) / WhatsApp Ending Support For BlackBerry, Nokia Symbian S60, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WhatsApp Set To Abandon Symbian OS by joey150(m): 9:46pm On Jul 12, 2016
If you happen to still be using a Symbian powered smartphone this certainly isnt great news for you, as whatsapp has announced that it will stop support to the Symbian OS by December,.
a pop up window now appears for every WhatsApp user on a Symbian OS:

"unfortunately, you wont be able to use WhatsApp after 31/12/2016 because whatsapp will no longer support your phone."

It appears that by 2017 whatsApp will ditch Symbian OS, this comes after whatsapp earlier announced plans to stop support fot the blackberry 10 OS also.

This is hopefully not the end for Symbian, but it is a big blow to the OS.

http://www.pronetotype.com/2016/07/whatsapp-set-to-abandon-symbian-os.html?m=1

Re: WhatsApp Set To Abandon Symbian OS by Kinstein: 6:51am On Jul 13, 2016
So whatsapp still supported Symbian OS??

Its now android and iphone now... Windows
Re: WhatsApp Set To Abandon Symbian OS by joey150(m): 7:14am On Jul 13, 2016
Re: WhatsApp Set To Abandon Symbian OS by joey150(m): 7:15am On Jul 13, 2016
Kinstein:
So whatsapp still supported Symbian OS??

Its now android and iphone now... Windows
still works with windows..
Re: WhatsApp Set To Abandon Symbian OS by jheed: 2:27pm On Jul 19, 2016
Is it a must u update whatsapp platform on ur Symbian phone
Re: WhatsApp Set To Abandon Symbian OS by skywalker240(m): 4:04pm On Jul 19, 2016
its not even only on symbian and bb 10...even asha,..java, windows 7,8 infact almoat all nokia previous devices..even android 2.2 is not left out..i think i read it somewhere. I think as from 2017 its gonna be available only to ios devices, and recent android and windows os devices.

And I think Symbian is coming to its end,..more and more developers dont make apps for symbian os anymore.. Its gradually getting outdated.
Re: WhatsApp Set To Abandon Symbian OS by Olasco93: 7:24pm On Jul 19, 2016
Am convinced that there would always be a way out.
Re: WhatsApp Set To Abandon Symbian OS by sasxy(m): 4:46pm On Jul 20, 2016
but i saw a post earlier on NL stating that bb10 device will be given d previledge of next year... Hw truth is that...

(1) (Reply)

Pokémon Craze : See The Pokémon Pikachu Statue Erected In Park / Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Unboxing Video / Ncc Advises Nigerians To Prepare For Increase In Data Price Plans Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.