Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,278 members, 7,807,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Controversy As Ilorin Emir Disowns Jebba Monarch - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Controversy As Ilorin Emir Disowns Jebba Monarch (1402 Views)

Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy / Ooni Disowns Statement From His Palace On Issue With Oba Of Lagos / Emir Sanusi Disowns Instagram, Facebook & Twitter Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Controversy As Ilorin Emir Disowns Jebba Monarch by LegalAnalyst(m): 2:39am On Jul 13, 2016
The Chairman of the Kwara State Traditional Council, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, has disowned the Oba of Jebba, Alhaji AbdulKadir Alabi Adebara.

Sulu-Gambari, who is the Emir of Ilorin, in a statement by the National Secretary of Shehu Alimi Foundation for Peace and Development, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, also said Adebara was impersonating, saying he was claiming to be the Oba of Jebba.

He also stated that the claim that Jebba was not in Ilorin Emirate was untrue.

Reacting to the question of whether Jebba was in the Ilorin Emirate or not, the Emir said this could be confirmed through his lieutenants in persons of the District Head of Lanwa, Alhaji Sa’adu Gambari; the District Head of Ejidongari, Alhaji Issa Oloruntogun; and the District Head of Ipaiye, Alhaji Isiaka Yusuf, all in Moro Local Government Area of Kwara State.

The Jebba community had, in a media briefing, said Sulu-Gambari had refused to come to terms with the reality that Adebara is a third-class graded traditional ruler in Jebba.

The speech, which was read by the Gbobaniyi of Jebba, Chief Jaiyeola Omotosho, was signed by Asoju-Oba of Jebba, Chief Yakubu Ayodele, and Otun-Oba of Jebba, Chief Emmanuel Tytler.

Omotosho said the court had affirmed Adebara as the Oba of Jebba.

He said, “Earler in 1989, in Suit No. KWS/231/89, Saka Adeyemi & 2 Ors Vs Alhaji Laaro Isale Oja & 2 Ors, Justice J.A. Ibiwoye had held that Moro LG was not part of Ilorin Emirate. But the Emir won’t just let go and he has been succeeding, because the political leadership in Kwara State has been aiding and abetting him.

“The bottom line has been the refusal of the Emir of Ilorin to come to terms with the reality of a third-class graded traditional ruler in Jebba, which he considers an aberration in a contraption called Emirate system, even though it has been judicially pronounced that Moro is not under him.”

Omotosho also accused the Deputy Speaker of the Kwara State House of Assembly, Mr. Matthew Okedare, of attempting to assassinate Adebara.

He alleged that the deputy speaker recruited and sponsored hoodlums that attacked the Oba after the Eid-el-Fitri prayers on Wednesday, July 6.

According to him, three people died while 12 people received varying degrees of injuries during the attack.

He stated that preliminary investigation revealed that the attackers were allegedly recruited by members of Okedare family, including the Deputy Speaker, Kwara State House of Assembly, Mr. Mathew Okedare; the Clerk, Kwara State House of Assembly, Mr. Simon Okedare; and Principal, Government Secondary School, Jebba, Mr. Kayode Okedare.

But the deputy speaker denied all the allegations against him and his siblings, saying they were politically motivated. He also absolved the Clerk of the state House of Assembly, Simon, of any culpability in the so-called attack.

Source:http://punchng.com/controversy-ilorin-emir-disowns-jebba-monarch/

1 Like

Re: Controversy As Ilorin Emir Disowns Jebba Monarch by LegalAnalyst(m): 2:47am On Jul 13, 2016
See some of the injured persons and the three promising youths who lost their lives to the attack.

1 Like

Re: Controversy As Ilorin Emir Disowns Jebba Monarch by duduade: 2:55am On Jul 13, 2016
Wow... Disheartening
Re: Controversy As Ilorin Emir Disowns Jebba Monarch by ORACLE1975(m): 3:22am On Jul 13, 2016
Madness
Re: Controversy As Ilorin Emir Disowns Jebba Monarch by 2kris(m): 4:49am On Jul 13, 2016
hm hm hm hm hm emir in yoruba land.....21st century slaviculture

1 Like

Re: Controversy As Ilorin Emir Disowns Jebba Monarch by rifasenate11(m): 4:58am On Jul 13, 2016
Traditional politics, seems very sad for lives that are lost each time.
Re: Controversy As Ilorin Emir Disowns Jebba Monarch by chriskosherbal(m): 5:00am On Jul 13, 2016
Ok
Re: Controversy As Ilorin Emir Disowns Jebba Monarch by Bitterleafsoup: 5:14am On Jul 13, 2016
Emir? Kwara?
Re: Controversy As Ilorin Emir Disowns Jebba Monarch by YourNemesis: 5:49am On Jul 13, 2016
Re: Controversy As Ilorin Emir Disowns Jebba Monarch by YourNemesis: 5:51am On Jul 13, 2016
He said, “Earler in 1989, in Suit No. KWS/231/89, Saka Adeyemi & 2 Ors Vs Alhaji Laaro Isale Oja & 2 Ors, Justice J.A. Ibiwoye had held that Moro LG was not part of Ilorin Emirate. But the Emir won’t just let go and he has been succeeding, because the political leadership in Kwara State has been aiding and abetting him.

“The bottom line has been the refusal of the Emir of Ilorin to come to terms with the reality of a third-class graded traditional ruler in Jebba, which he considers an aberration in a contraption called Emirate system, even though it has been judicially pronounced that Moro is not under him.”

Bottom line of this story is that the Usurper sorry Emir of Ilorin is not happy that there can be an OBA on the very banks of the Niger, in a location within Kwara far more "Northern" than the supposed Ilorin emirate and would rather have the Oba change his title to "Emir" of Jebba and accept his lordship by being relegated to a mere community chief..... In achieving this, the Emirship it seems, is sponsoring the Okedares as stooges to challenge the Obaship of the Adebaras who have been the only recognized ruling family of Jebba since the very foundation of the town.
How can a common name like "Okedare" even be royal compared to "ADE bara"?

For those who care, here is Kwara state and Jebba town in relation to Ilorin the capital, and Nigeria at large.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Controversy As Ilorin Emir Disowns Jebba Monarch by SouthernBreeze(m): 6:00am On Jul 13, 2016
So sad. Hope my Midolian is out of this grin
Re: Controversy As Ilorin Emir Disowns Jebba Monarch by midolian(m): 6:11am On Jul 13, 2016
SouthernBreeze:
So sad. Hope my Midolian is out of this grin
brother, I dey where I dey kampe. Nothing do me @ all grin grin grin
Re: Controversy As Ilorin Emir Disowns Jebba Monarch by Flyingngel(m): 6:13am On Jul 13, 2016
I think d other 5 yoruba state shld come together and ask question abt d title of OBA in yoruba land, because if it were to b north, by now everybody that want to try that would have been kill in their sleep.

1 Like

Re: Controversy As Ilorin Emir Disowns Jebba Monarch by SouthernBreeze(m): 6:37am On Jul 13, 2016
midolian:
brother, I dey where I dey kampe. Nothing do me @ all grin grin grin
Correct! You know I always care about you when ever I hear of crisis from the other side grin
Re: Controversy As Ilorin Emir Disowns Jebba Monarch by midolian(m): 6:58am On Jul 13, 2016
SouthernBreeze:
Correct! You know I always care about you when ever I hear of crisis from the other side grin
you? I pray! grin
Re: Controversy As Ilorin Emir Disowns Jebba Monarch by SouthernBreeze(m): 7:04am On Jul 13, 2016
midolian:
you? I pray! grin
Haba Oga Mido, you dey forget? grin

(1) (Reply)

Female Inheritance In Igbo Land / The Vibrant Yoruba Community Of Abidjan In Vote D'ivoire / Yoruba Technology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.