Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy (49980 Views)

22-Year-Old Lady Finally Finds Her Dad Who Impregnated Her Mum And Ran Away.PICS / My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me / My Wife Denies Me Sex Just Because Her Mum Is Around. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by Ajgal10(f): 8:59pm On Jul 13, 2016
Run! Brother Run! As a matter of fact the Baba is already preparing the concoction they will use to make you loyal. Carry your shoes and run.
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by harsysky(m): 9:01pm On Jul 13, 2016
[b]Dear Op,
My comment may not actually make sense to anyone, but I don't care. I'm writing directly to you Op because you've come here for a solution. I've also read a lot of people's comments, especially the " run for your life!"

I would have easily said you should run, but come to think of it, "No one is perfect".
You ain't, Op, no matter how sympathetic and sensitive you may think you are. That girl of yours may have undergone series of assaults or brain-wiring that most or some of us have also undergone, Only that hers might have gotten into her so , so much. It may not be her fault actually. Be rest assured she can come of it and love like never before.

I like you a lot Op. Your sense of care and observation, I respect so much. You never can tell if you would have acted more than your wife-to-be if you were in her shoes. Leaving her and not picking her calls means one thing to me. You wana be those kind of people who know how to deal with a problem but leave it because they respect people's say more than theirs.
Talk to your girl. Atleast, there is something you've seen in her that has attracted you to her. Assuming you didn't see her Dad, you wouldn't be here complaining, right? Don't think the next person you will meet will be that saint. You could save that family. The head of that family might have done something anyone could even kill him for ,but I believe they still feed him atleast. It means there is still 1% love for the old man. They can still love him to the fullest but need to be convinced that one does not pay evil with evil otherwise evil will be in circulation.

I can never forget the advice my aunt gave me one precious day. I was having a problem with my Dad. I was thinking he never loved me. Then , the auto-correct advice came and it goes thus: " the only man who hates you is one who shuts you out all round. Does your Dad shut you out?". " No" I replied
"Then he loves you more than anything" she concluded

I believed her whole-heartedly. she is now my mentor.
[/b]

3 Likes

Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by JustHere2Observ(f): 9:01pm On Jul 13, 2016
Funny enough my previous landlady and her husband are in same situation. In fact for years I thought he was the gate man. Later for to know he used to be very wealthy, was one of the first to drive a jeep in that town. He squandered the money, deserted his children and wife. But when things went sour for him, they accepted him but he lives in the BQ and they dont treat him well. The woman is wealthy now. Maybe its just karma.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by jnrbayano(m): 9:02pm On Jul 13, 2016
Op,

I don't do marriage advice often but I mustn't pass your thread without saying a thing.

A lot of people have echoed "run for your life" but I will say,

"can you really make that run for your life sooner and faster?

That woman will soon borrow you to understudy the maltreated man.

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by AngelAhnie(f): 9:05pm On Jul 13, 2016
Subtlelad:
have seen cases like this, but in that case, the husband was terribly sick after misusing his money on another woman and left his original wife, now he's down with sickness and the wife don pack out so the original wife had to take him in when he's had no one.
Men can be like that sometimes, dont be shocked cause you never know what led the mom and her daughter to act that way...although i aint supporting their action.

A lesson for you when you get married, stick with your wife, stop doing 'olojukomolo'
Lad indeedlipsrsealed
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by esonuu(m): 9:08pm On Jul 13, 2016
U sure say dat man wasnt bewitched cos men dat i know who stil gat their senses wil treat u lyk trash,beat u and yet u wont dare stop respecting them..take a bow nw that u stil have d chance..hope say them nevr evn giv u ur own belle-sum
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by Okezie90(m): 9:09pm On Jul 13, 2016
This man has become a victim of his creation, this is pathetic and left me to be in a state of Sardonicism !!!!!!!!!!!
I won't in any way advice u to continue with that girl let alone marrying her cuz One thing u must have at the back of your mind is that what goes around comes around!!!!!
Use ur tongue to count your teeth !!!!!!!!!
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by LydayBobo(m): 9:09pm On Jul 13, 2016
If you stay you are finished, if you run you are completely finish

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by iPopAlomo(m): 9:09pm On Jul 13, 2016
Where are those nairaland feminists...
Make dem show face for this thread nah...
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by Youngzedd(m): 9:10pm On Jul 13, 2016
ChappyChase:
House Boy 2 Loading...................

0%...25%.......50%.......70%.......85%.......90%.......Loading...
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by Okijajuju1(m): 9:11pm On Jul 13, 2016
Godmother:
OP,

You've been to that house just once and even though you saw a lot, most times things are not always as they seem. I won't support your fiancee and her mom's attitude but at the same time I wouldn't advice you to take hasty decisions. Take out time to investigate the situation some more. Spend more time with the family and subtly dig for information before drawing your conclusions.

Smartest Comment on this thread so far.

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by Maximus85(m): 9:11pm On Jul 13, 2016
sammily:
Please I want people to help me out here. I proposed to my girlfriend of 8 months last 2 week ago and we agreed to visit her home last Sunday. I have always dropped her off around the place but I have never entered the house because I wasn't yet ready to meet the parent because we were just dating then and I wasn't yet sure that she was the one for me. Meanwhile all these while, My girl was only referring to her mum so I subconsciously concluded that the father is late. So last Sunday, I got to their house at Agege pen Cinema and what I saw was very sad. I saw a man looking so haggard in the sitting room and I greeted him, He answered in a very low tone and welcomed me. My girls mum soon came out to the sitting room and also greeted me. We exchanged pleasantries before my girl came out to join us in the discuss. At a point my girls mum brought out money and asked the haggard man to go and buy fuel to power the generator for me so that Heat will not disturb me.

We discussed at length after the man left. To cut the long story short, After the meeting we fixed another date for the second meeting that I was supposed to attend with a family member. When I was about leaving, I gave them some money and some to the man and he fell on his knees thanking me as if he has never owned N1000 in his entire life. When my girl was seeing me off, I asked her who the man was and lo and behold, it was her father. I couldn't believe my ears. it was like a rude joke. it was unbelievable. She must has sensed my confusion before she started telling me stories of how the man maltreated her mum when he had money, how he married another wife who squandered all his money and left them in penury. She said he used to beat her mum and all sorts which I cannot write here.

Since that Sunday till now, I've had no peace of mind, I've been thinking and imagining how a right thinking woman and her daughter can comfortably relegate the man of the house to a mere houseboy. That Sunday, the man was wearing a torn knicker and a white singlet that I won't even use to clean my car. Even my wife to be hushed him down when he came back and wanted to keep the fuel change to himself. Something is wrong somewhere, a woman who could treat her husband like this no matter what he did in the past is scary. I have not even picked her calls since that Sunday evening. I am scared and I don't know what to do next.

OK boy.... You stupid oooo. You come still dey ask us? OK, marry the babe. Abi no be wetin you wan hear be that?
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by Amadaz(m): 9:11pm On Jul 13, 2016
jesussaves22:
Pls dont rush into that marriage now untill you have investigated things for yourself.
there's nothing to investigate here, my guy should run quicker than usain bolt.
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 13, 2016
Don't look back

R
U
N

F
O
R

Y
O
U
R

L
I
F
E
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by olagold79: 9:12pm On Jul 13, 2016
Just like everyone has said, just run...I am sure you already know this. But someone made a very compelling point, don't breaK UP WITH HER...MAKE SURE SHE'S D ONE DOING THE BREAKING UP..SO yu won't end up like the man even without marrying here. The juuju involved is conc. Plus , this is a lesson for veryone, I dont think most people ven realise what it means to propose, it should be you have concluded she is the one. Proposal should come after knowing this little details, how could you not have found out a about this most obvious flaw n go ahead to propse. It clearly shows a big mistake on your path...just imagine if she has not been stupid enough to show it to your face ,so na so dem for jazz you. It's funnny U never asked about the father of d girl U intend to marry in 8months of courtship...an you just assumed he's dead. that's terrible mate. you deeerve some stick.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by iPopAlomo(m): 9:13pm On Jul 13, 2016
harsysky:
[b]Dear Op,
My comment may not actually make sense to anyone, but I don't care. I'm writing directly to you Op because you've come here for a solution. I've also read a lot of people comments especially the " run for your life!"

I would have easily said you should run, but come to think of it, "No one is perfect".
You ain't, Op, no matter how sympathetic and sensitive you may think you are. That girl of yours may have undergone series of assaults or wiring that most or some of us have also undergone, Only that hers might have gotten into her so , so much. It may not be her fault actually.

I like you a lot Op, your sense of care and observation, I respect so much. You never can't tell if you would have acted even more than your wife-to-be if you were in her shoes. Leaving her and not picking her calls means one thing to me. You wana be those kind of people who know how to deal with a problem but leave it because they respect people more than themselves.
Talk to your girl. Atleast, there is something you seen in her that has attracted both of you. Assuming you didn't see her Dad, you wouldn't be here complaining, right? Don't think the next person you will meet will be that saint. You could save that family. The head of that family might have done something anyone could even kill him for ,but I believe they still feed him atleast. It means there is still 1% love for the old man

I can never forget the advice my aunt gave me one precious day. I was having a problem with my Dad. I was thinking he never loved me. Then , the auto-correct advice came and it goes thus: " the only man who hates you is one who shuts you out all round. Does your Dad shut you out?". " No" I replied

[/b]

You didn't make sense...

15 Likes

Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by VIO1(m): 9:13pm On Jul 13, 2016
bros flee. when i say flee, i mean run such dat ur heels touch the back of ur head cos u wont like to be used like ur father in law to be

2 Likes

Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by Allina: 9:13pm On Jul 13, 2016
if it's true what your fiancee said,then good for the man
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by Okijajuju1(m): 9:16pm On Jul 13, 2016
freecocoa:
OP, while I don't support anyone being maltreated, you can't rule out everything your woman said because believe me you, I know a family like that back in the uni.

The man used to maltreat his wife and kids when he had some change, when things changed, the woman didn't forgive him, ergo did things to show him she was bitter at him, blah blah blah.

It's not news that some men are worse than the mythical devil when they have money, so you need to be sure before taking any decision, it's hard to know that your father maltreated your mum and still be nice to him.

I have a crush on you. . grin

Calm and sensible comment.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by iPopAlomo(m): 9:16pm On Jul 13, 2016
duplicate post...
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 13, 2016
Bad sign, run for ur life .
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 13, 2016
AngelAhnie:
Lad indeedlipsrsealed

Seriously, Did you just joined nl that you attaching so much importance to the moniker instead of my own personal contribution and please read the part where i said have seen such cases not hearsay.. So contribute your own biko.. Its a free world
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by Okijajuju1(m): 9:18pm On Jul 13, 2016
byvan03:
I don't care about the women not forgiving the past sins of their so called head of house hold. The unbridled hatred and disdain in the presence of a stranger is what's worrying. OP run!

That was definitely concerning to me.

If it's hate for past transgressions, I will let to know how bad he really was.
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by olagold79: 9:19pm On Jul 13, 2016
harsysky:
[b]Dear Op,
My comment may not actually make sense to anyone, but I don't care. I'm writing directly to you Op because you've come here for a solution. I've also read a lot of people comments especially the " run for your life!"

You ain't, Op, no matter how sympathetic and sensitive you may think you are. That girl of yours may have undergone series of assaults or wiring that most or some of us have also undergone, Only that hers might have gotten into her so , so much. It may not be her fault actually.

I like you a lot Op, your sense of care and observation, I respect so much. You never can't tell if you would have acted even more than your wife-to-be if you were in her shoes. Leaving her and not picking her calls means one thing to me. You wana be those kind of people who know how to deal with a problem but leave it because they respect people more than themselves.
Talk to your girl. Atleast, there is something you seen in her that has attracted both of you. Assuming you didn't see her Dad, you wouldn't be here complaining, right? Don't think the next person you will meet will be that saint. You could save that family. The head of that family might have done something anyone could even kill him for ,but I believe they still feed him atleast. It means there is still 1% love for the old man

[/b]

You nearly made sense.....try again later!!!!

10 Likes

Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by bigiyaro(m): 9:21pm On Jul 13, 2016
jesussaves22:
Pls dont rush into that marriage now untill you have investigated things for yourself.
what will he investigate again when he's seeing d hand writings on the wall and even in capital letters sef.
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by skoloppy31(m): 9:21pm On Jul 13, 2016
pasan ta fi na iyaale, o un be lori aaja fun iyawo...shebi na fuel dem seel the man, na pepper you go dey grind for grinding stone...and beans for akara

2 Likes

Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by stunningjudy(f): 9:22pm On Jul 13, 2016
Fourwinds:
yes.!! my fsce looks resemble.
Free me grin
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by Okijajuju1(m): 9:23pm On Jul 13, 2016
Kgdavid:

This piece is well written and meticulously edited. The story is strange and lacks salient facts. You took the time to upload a picture to add visual appeal.

I suspect that you, Mr. Op, are a writer testing your skills on the readily available sample.

Nice job though.

This was my very first thought on the piece. I wouldn't go as far as to say it was "well written", but he sure did try to tell a good story.

If I had to bet if the story was real or fake, my money will be on fake.
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by freecocoa(f): 9:24pm On Jul 13, 2016
Okijajuju1:

I have a crush on you. . grin

Calm and sensible comment.

Lol, if only you weren't taken. grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by oshaosha2014(m): 9:24pm On Jul 13, 2016
You, you, you, yes you, what are u saying. I used to think girls have this soft spot for there fathers no matter what he has done to them or their mother. However, you have a gal here that treats her father like a trash and you think she'll treat her husband differently All these may be the fault of the father, but they have also taken part in the fathers fault by not even respecting him before a visit. Bro, this has gone beyond Ojulasan - beyond ordinary. That guy should run! I tire for your thinking though. But you have a right to your opinion. No qualms.

Babzilla:
What are you pple saying?
the man is is only reapibg the fruits of his bullshit
Its a simple case of payback.
Pls if she is caring go ahead and marry her

2 Likes

Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by Irishrena1(f): 9:26pm On Jul 13, 2016
Just maintain a level head first and investigate. I'm not taking anybody's side, I'm just saying that things might not always be the way they seem.
Re: I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy by Okijajuju1(m): 9:28pm On Jul 13, 2016
Jamean:
Hmmm!
This story brings back a lot of memories.
Oh! Life!

But as much as it takes the grace of God to forgive, if they won't forgive him genuinely for the past they should let him go.

Unless he is in chains, I don't see anyone holding him back from leaving.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

I Have Been Alfa’s Sex Slave For Two Years – Lagos Housewife / Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? / Man Settles Wife With N5m, Car, N100,000 Monthly Allowance To Quit Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.