Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,881 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:18 AM

What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? (17967 Views)

What Is Your Number 1 Challenge In Importation Biz In 2018. (I Want To Help!) / What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? / See What We Are Doing To Ensure We Succeed In Importation In 2016!! Must See (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? by signature2012(m): 5:03pm On Aug 11, 2016
Josh4wod:
Ok, just did.

Replied.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? by coolbatty: 5:41pm On Aug 11, 2016
chudy144:

To get genuine suppliers and not middle men.

Try as much as possible to always use Buying Request as this will help you to cut out the middle men.

For example I have been bringing in a particular product its a custom product and the supplier has been cutting my neck and will not apologise for it.

She will treat me like a piss of shit

She was charging me same product for $2.5 per PCs for 2000pcs.
Mould fee $50
And will still ask me to pay $150 to ship down to my agent.
The worse part is that she will still ask me to go and get another supplier if I think she is not cool.

I got angry and searched for new one

Guess what I found

I found someone after negotiations she agreed that I should pay $0.18

Luckily for me at closing the deal I thought for she to go this low even from our negotiations it shows it could be brought down more

But because I don't like renogotiating when I have already agreed to pay a certain price.

So I contacted another supplier who sent in quotation
And after negotiations he agreed that I pay $0.14 per PCs for 2000pcs
No mould fee
¥46 to ship to my agent

You can see what I was able to archiev using Buying Request

To use it

Make sure you do some settings as this will help you get more good results.
See images once this is done
Go back and seat down and watch the suppliers hunt and beg for you its now left for you to make your choice..

Cheers on this!
Hope it Helps?

Humble me !
Chudy144 of NairaLand
Aka ctBaba
Sorry bro, which App is dat?
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? by RichYoungNigga: 6:38pm On Aug 11, 2016
nma24:
Haaaaaaain! You can lie for africa
Ok
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? by obajoey(m): 6:47pm On Aug 11, 2016
so bro how then do you make payment? through paypal? Is there a way i could link my card to paypal and fund it so i can make payment or what other option do you suggest for a beginner using 1688 for the first time. Thank you for your time sir, God bless.
SamMilla1:

Unfortunately you cannot buy anything on 1688 with your card.
They don't just have good shoes, 1688 is the Chinese version of Alibaba. Like i said, it was created for the locals to buy things cheap and sell to foreigners on Alibaba.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? by shadfoye: 7:59pm On Aug 11, 2016
FRAUD and GET RICH SYNDROME.WERE D MAJOR INTERNATIONAL TRADE PROBLEMS APART FROM LACK OF INFRASTRUCTURES ON D GROUND(which includes Govt. bad policy).

Guys looking for geinune help on importation shld check our offices for enquiries and importantly,we set up this company to help less privilege people who want to become somebody in life becos the Director of this Company knows wot it takes to become wot he becomes.
The only information we need from you is You must have CERTIFIED QUARANTOR(s) And geinune source of capital.
The reasons above were laid down for not soil our reputation both in Nigeria and Abroad.
Our Company is registered both in Nigeria and Europe and has its presence both in Nigeria and Europe as well and can be verified physically and on Online.
If you are interested only few spaces available.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? by tugrow(m): 8:08pm On Aug 11, 2016
Good one

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? by chudy144(m): 8:20pm On Aug 11, 2016
coolbatty:
Sorry bro, which App is dat?

That is alibaba app
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? by afolakemi: 9:01pm On Aug 11, 2016
chudy144:
If you are to get help now what is the number one problem you will want to solve now in Importation Business..

Leave your problem bellow and get help today...

Let it start rolling in...

Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? by blacq2009(m): 9:25pm On Aug 11, 2016
justicejay:

Amen ooo, its been long sha, almost 1 and half yrs now. But that's business for you. That's part of experience(a bitter one though). And if you didn't fall how will you stand upright again.
I envy your spirit. It's one for Employers
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? by coolbatty: 9:58pm On Aug 11, 2016
chudy144:

That is alibaba app
Ok. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? by jedisco(m): 10:44pm On Aug 11, 2016
SamMilla1:
One big challenge is payment method which I have offered a lot of help for people buying with RMB since China is the biggest market at the moment.

The truth is that due to the exchange rate, things are generally more expensive on Alibaba and Express, Far cheaper on Taobao and 1688.
However, Tao and 1688 were created for locals to buy and sell to foreigners on Alibaba. But with help, you can still buy from there.

I am advising the youths to go into small importation business during this time of recession. It will help them quit channeling all their energy on Blaming Buhari.
The truth is that Nigeria is in a mess. APC just don't want to be honest with the truth.

You can create a free shop on Konga and Jumia, start with something as small as phone batteries.

A boy sent me 15k to buy few phone batteries for him in China, that was his starting capital. Because of his dedication to the small project, I had to leave office and go to the battery Market while it was raining.
Now he is sending 25k and he swore he did not add a kobo outside the initial 15k.

Because of his determination, I will ship his batteries from China for free until he gets to 100k.
So focus more on business section if you are still young, don't go wasting your time with Fashola and Dasuki craps, Ipob, Afonja hatreds, Nothing you say here changes anything if you are nobody.

Good day. Please I would like to contact you. I want to import some customised fabric and its getting quite a little dicey. Please I would need you to put me through some things.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? by Ifiegboria(m): 10:56pm On Aug 11, 2016
I DON'T KNOW HOW TO START. Please help
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? by salms: 11:05pm On Aug 11, 2016
Anyone with knowledge on how to fund alipay or make payments on my behalf on 1688? Or does any one have the contact in china that can receive rmb if naira is paid to him from here. Dollar matter na night mare.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? by Ifiegboria(m): 11:39pm On Aug 11, 2016
[quote author=ArcFresky post=48388888]My brother, I dont think you quite understand the current economic condition in the country. This is a wrong advice that will only lead to higher cost of dollars. Instead of concentrating more on exporting and earning in dollars.

Can you put me through on exportation Biz. Help a brother please
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? by nickyblaze(m): 11:59pm On Aug 11, 2016
SamMilla1:
One big challenge is payment method which I have offered a lot of help for people buying with RMB since China is the biggest market at the moment.

The truth is that due to the exchange rate, things are generally more expensive on Alibaba and Express, Far cheaper on Taobao and 1688.
However, Tao and 1688 were created for locals to buy and sell to foreigners on Alibaba. But with help, you can still buy from there.

I am advising the youths to go into small importation business during this time of recession. It will help them quit channeling all their energy on Blaming Buhari.
The truth is that Nigeria is in a mess. APC just don't want to be honest with the truth.

You can create a free shop on Konga and Jumia, start with something as small as phone batteries.

A boy sent me 15k to buy few phone batteries for him in China, that was his starting capital. Because of his dedication to the small project, I had to leave office and go to the battery Market while it was raining.
Now he is sending 25k and he swore he did not add a kobo outside the initial 15k.

Because of his determination, I will ship his batteries from China for free until he gets to 100k.
So focus more on business section if you are still young, don't go wasting your time with Fashola and Dasuki craps, Ipob, Afonja hatreds, Nothing you say here changes anything if you are nobody.
pls I need help opening a shop on konga
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? by nickyblaze(m): 12:01am On Aug 12, 2016
I can help pay ur supplier in rmb ?
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? by nickyblaze(m): 12:01am On Aug 12, 2016
I can help pay ur supplier in rmb
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? by salms: 12:22am On Aug 12, 2016
nickyblaze:
I can help pay ur supplier in rmb

Ok. Pls give details. thanks
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? by ubcandid(m): 8:15am On Aug 12, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
I have no challenges importing items from China
I just call my Chinese connect from Alibaba and Dhgate, they send me thousands of items, i sell them on eBay and Amazon, at the end of the month i transfer their money to their bank accounts.

God bless China, they have made a lot of people rich.
One time i bought a Rolex watch from China for $200 and took it to a Rolex shop in New York, these guy didn't know it was a replica, i ended up selling the watch for $15,000

you took a replica rolex to rolex shop in new york and they bought it

even i can spot a replica......YOU ARE LYING

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? by RichYoungNigga: 9:05am On Aug 12, 2016
ubcandid:

you took a replica rolex to rolex shop in new york and they bought it

even i can spot a replica......YOU ARE LYING

Firstly, you need to go back to school to be able to read and comprehend. I didn't say i sold it to them, i sell them on eBay and I'm a power seller on eBay, the buyers keep coming back,
Secondly, you can spot a $50 Rolex, you claiming to be a watch head, how many authentic Rolex watches have you owned ?? I've owned many of them and even the people that are born in the Rolex factory can not detect an AAAA replica
I don't need to waste my precious time on you

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? by nickyblaze(m): 9:12am On Aug 12, 2016
salms:

Ok. Pls give details. thanks
send me an email @ nbcskyelogistics @gmail.com
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? by ubcandid(m): 9:14am On Aug 12, 2016
RichYoungNigga:

Firstly, you need to go back to school to be able to read and comprehend. I didn't say i sold it to them, i sell them on eBay and I'm a power seller on eBay, the buyers keep coming back,
Secondly, you can spot a $50 Rolex, you claiming to be a watch head, how many authentic Rolex watches have you owned ?? I've owned many of them and even the people that are born in the Rolex factory can not detect an AAAA replica
I don't need to waste my precious time on you

"One time i bought a Rolex watch from China for $200 and took it to a Rolex shop in New York, these guy didn't know it was a replica, i ended up selling the watch for $15,000"

i think you should edit that post, but at then, why did you take the watch to their shop in new york for? for sight seeing?

I NEED TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL i am doing beautifully well with the B.Eng i have acquired.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? by RichYoungNigga: 9:19am On Aug 12, 2016
ubcandid:

"One time i bought a Rolex watch from China for $200 and took it to a Rolex shop in New York, these guy didn't know it was a replica, i ended up selling the watch for $15,000"

i think you should edit that post, but at then, why did you take the watch to their shop in new york for? for sight seeing?

I NEED TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL i am doing beautifully well with the B.Eng i have acquired.

I will pay you back all the money you wasted in school.
I'm so serious.

Now reread this, this time slowly.
I just call my Chinese connect from Alibaba and Dhgate, they send me thousands of items, i sell them on eBay and Amazon, at the end of the month i transfer their money to their bank accounts.

You claim to detect fake Rolex but you don't know that you can't sell your Rolex at a Rolex store ?? Lol
I'm just laughing at your village ass claiming to be Rolex head.
Please, don't waste your time quoting me

Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? by ubcandid(m): 10:30am On Aug 12, 2016
RichYoungNigga:

I will pay you back all the money you wasted in school.
I'm so serious.

Now reread this, this time slowly.

You claim to detect fake Rolex but you don't know that you can't sell your Rolex at a Rolex store ?? Lol
I'm just laughing at your village ass claiming to be Rolex head.
Please, don't waste your time quoting me

1) Now reread this, this time slowly.
[b]I just call my Chinese connect from Alibaba and Dhgate, they send me thousands of items, i sell them on eBay and Amazon, at the end of the month i transfer their money to their bank accounts.
[/b]

i dont see ho that tends to be my business, i wasn't ever disputing the fact that you sell anything or trying to determine the veracity of the above bolded, the crux laid on the my assumption of you selling it to the new york store which your previous statement seemingly pointed to. The question remains why did you take the rolex to the new york store

2) You claim to detect fake Rolex but you don't know that you can't sell your Rolex at a Rolex store ?? Lol

this statement is inexplicable to me, can you elucidate on this?
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? by Lioness25: 12:25pm On Aug 12, 2016
Am trying to install the alibaba app. But don't know the right one to install. I NEED HELP
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? by just2okworld(f): 2:21pm On Aug 12, 2016
[quote author=Ifiegboria post=48403228]I DON'T KNOW HOW TO START. Please help[/quote
Just start from.somewhere, delay is dangerous
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? by Ifiegboria(m): 7:39am On Aug 13, 2016
[quote author=just2okworld post=48419608][/quote]
I agree with you bro. I need to be guided on the rudiments. I have never done it before u know

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? by just2okworld(f): 8:56am On Aug 13, 2016
Ifiegboria:

I agree with you bro. I need to be guided on the rudiments. I have never done it before u know

OK

Ain't a bro anyways
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? by frudum(m): 9:54am On Aug 13, 2016
HOW DO YOU GUYS TRANSLATE 1688.COM TO BNGLISH?
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? by Ifiegboria(m): 11:44pm On Aug 13, 2016
just2okworld:

OK

Ain't a bro anyways
Thanks and my apologies for the 'bro' thing.
My email: aghedoaim@gmail.com
Just msg me.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? by Curiousgirl(f): 12:03am On Aug 14, 2016
justicejay:
Not into importation biz, but poultry biz.
2yrs after av been into the farming.I lost almost 5000 birds due to ignorant. sad, I used a vacine(lasoteta) for the birds (layers) cos they just started droping, not knowing that they already have newcastle, they just start dieing. Chai, I cried. It almost got to a time that I refused to go to farm again. That same month I lost about 1700creates of egg in an accident while transporting it to a nearby town, It was a miserable month cos I felt like the world shold just end.
heya, this must have been terrible, hope you are recovering?
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? by millhouse: 9:07am On Aug 20, 2016
Nice one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Otunba Gaddafi Is Dead (Mr. Isaac Agbetusin, Nigeria's Mobile Toilet Pioneer) / Folorunso Alakija Awarded 6 Offshore Oil Blocks By Sierra Leone Government / How Do You Cope With Nigeria's Epileptic Power Supply Issue As A Freelancer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.