Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,714 members, 7,805,946 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper (38545 Views)

Slay Queen Caught Bush Meat, Prepares Delicious Pepper Soup (photos) / Man Kills Monkeys In Port-Harcourt, Uses Them To Prepare Pepper Soup. Photos / How To Make Goat Meat Stew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by mzjaney(f): 3:17pm On Jul 15, 2016
I kinda like the stew. but the oil is usually too much.

1 Like

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by love4rent80s: 3:20pm On Jul 15, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:
I would never understand Yorubas and their love for stew. In the past couple of months, have been having ALL MY MEALS at bukas and Iya Basira's and each time I ask for any meal, they top my food with stew.
Bukas cum Iya Basiras in VI, Surulere, Yaba, Agege, Ikeja, Egbeda and the rest of Lagos are guilty of this! In short it is becoming a matter of state security.  8-O
This afternoon I bought common yam porridge and they has to top it with stew in addition to the excessive the palm oil. It is the same thing with soups and I have suspended eating eba if it is not home cooked.
Vegetable soup, melon, and ewedu soups all come with stew.
An iyabasira once told me its not intentional, that they usually cook meat in stew reason I always see bits of stew in my food even when I buy ice cream from a Yoruba woman!
Like, I have stopped buying meat and they are still serving me meals with stew!

I bought moimoi last week and they poured a generous amount of stew on my innocent moimoi.

I bought Yam and fried egg and stew was poured ontop my yam!

I bought jollof rice, beef and coleslaw and they poured stew on my coleslaw.

Fried rice always comes with stew or excessive oil.

I bought rice, stew and boiled egg and they poured stew on my innocent egg!

Like! Open any Iya Basira's pot and you'll see innocent boiled eggs soaked in stew.
Everything is now starting to taste like stew in my mouth. Funny part is when you ask for  the real rice and stew, they are usually very stingy with stew.
I have to keep up with this until I have made enough money to afford KFC and chicken republic everyday!
I. Am. Tired.

www.naijasinglegirl.com/yoruba-people-wont-kill-stew-oil-pepper/

Which stew? Guy don't lie , we know its only oil
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by teacherbim(f): 3:21pm On Jul 15, 2016
[quote author=InyinyaAgbaOku post=47530246]Because rheir foods are not tasty, so they had to add stew to top up the taste

You are not serious

2 Likes

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by love4rent80s: 3:22pm On Jul 15, 2016
mzjaney:
I kinda like the stew. but the oil is usually too much.

Don't .mind. Dem , dem no know say too much oil dey. Kill heart and cause heart attack
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Almaiga: 3:24pm On Jul 15, 2016
madridguy:
Go back to your village. Shikena
Na so grin

6 Likes

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Omoyeni360: 3:24pm On Jul 15, 2016
Life wey no chop pepper or stew .,
Na yeye life ,Take it or leave it

1 Like

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by mzjaney(f): 3:25pm On Jul 15, 2016
love4rent80s:

Don't .mind. Dem , dem no know say too much oil dey. Kill heart and cause heart attack
cheesy
love4rent80s:

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by madridguy(m): 3:26pm On Jul 15, 2016
Tribalize the thread as in? Talk true the thread is against Yoruba.

247notire:
You and madridguy have managed to tribalize this innocent and thoroughly hilarious thread.

You both need to stop that shiii, it ain't cool.

Everything must not turn Igbo vs Yoruba for Pete's sake angry

4 Likes

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Jimi23(m): 3:26pm On Jul 15, 2016
lepasharon:
Just like how Igbos like green leaves

Na so e be

Those leaves are healthier.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Elandro987: 3:27pm On Jul 15, 2016
Ndi ofe nmmanu kwenu?

1 Like

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by hummerwise(m): 3:28pm On Jul 15, 2016
Kassidy90:

U re right coz I knw a Yoruba man cheating on his wife with two married Igbo women
You just confirmed what i will never blv about igbos.....
Every Tribes cheats

2 Likes

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by 247notire(m): 3:31pm On Jul 15, 2016
madridguy:
Tribalize the thread as in? Talk true the thread is against Yoruba.

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi once said: Yorubas are the problem of Nigeria, they are always quick to play the ethnic card.

Everything naijasinglegirl wrote up there is very true.

I'm a Lagosian through and through and sentiments aside, she has not lied.

She's only stating her experiences with Yoruba way of life (food) and she did that without sounding condescending or insulting so what's your problem man?

Grow up dude and stop seeing everything from a tribalistic point of view!

9 Likes

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by enigma2007(m): 3:33pm On Jul 15, 2016
Kassidy90:

U re right coz I knw a Yoruba man cheating on his wife with two married Igbo women

Hahahaha! Good one...I have many cases like that...

Some people should keep on deceiving themselves oo..

4 Likes

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by enigma2007(m): 3:35pm On Jul 15, 2016
247notire:

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi once said: Yorubas are the problem of Nigeria, they are always quick to play the ethnic card.

Everything naijasinglegirl wrote up there is very true.

I'm a Lagosian through and through and sentiments aside, she has not lied.

She's only stating her experiences with Yoruba way of life (food) and she did that without sounding condescending or insulting so what's your problem man?

Grow up dude and stop seeing everything from a tribalistic point of view!

Most of what she wrote up there are not true (I have done more buka food than home cooked and i have a rifined palete) but i enjoyed the joke! Had a good laugh

4 Likes

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by mancheeutd(m): 3:37pm On Jul 15, 2016
...EVEN STEW ON YOUR ICE CREAM HMMM YOU NEED JESUS

1 Like

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by luscioustrish(f): 3:40pm On Jul 15, 2016
Its supposed to be a joke undecided
Bitterness don already make some people dey advice the op,,worse still others have turned it into a tribal war...shior!! angry

4 Likes

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by luscioustrish(f): 3:43pm On Jul 15, 2016
Its supposed to be a joke undecided
Bitterness don already make some people dey advice the op,,worse still others have turned it into a tribal war...shior!! angry

Don't even quote me with your blind explanation undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by guiddoti: 3:44pm On Jul 15, 2016
If you can't cook and don't want stew, you had rather go eat GRASS. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by bigtt76(f): 3:48pm On Jul 15, 2016
Had Hegg stew at Mega Chicken the other day and gooosh ....too much ororo wan kill me grin sweet die shaaaa tongue
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by HomeOfMe(f): 3:48pm On Jul 15, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:
I would never understand Yorubas and their love for stew. In the past couple of months, have been having ALL MY MEALS at bukas and Iya Basira's and each time I ask for any meal, they top my food with stew.
Bukas cum Iya Basiras in VI, Surulere, Yaba, Agege, Ikeja, Egbeda and the rest of Lagos are guilty of this! In short it is becoming a matter of state security.  8-O
This afternoon I bought common yam porridge and they has to top it with stew in addition to the excessive the palm oil. It is the same thing with soups and I have suspended eating eba if it is not home cooked.
Vegetable soup, melon, and ewedu soups all come with stew.
An iyabasira once told me its not intentional, that they usually cook meat in stew reason I always see bits of stew in my food even when I buy ice cream from a Yoruba woman!
Like, I have stopped buying meat and they are still serving me meals with stew!

I bought moimoi last week and they poured a generous amount of stew on my innocent moimoi.

I bought Yam and fried egg and stew was poured ontop my yam!

I bought jollof rice, beef and coleslaw and they poured stew on my coleslaw.

Fried rice always comes with stew or excessive oil.

I bought rice, stew and boiled egg and they poured stew on my innocent egg!

Like! Open any Iya Basira's pot and you'll see innocent boiled eggs soaked in stew.
Everything is now starting to taste like stew in my mouth. Funny part is when you ask for  the real rice and stew, they are usually very stingy with stew.
I have to keep up with this until I have made enough money to afford KFC and chicken republic everyday!
I. Am. Tired.

www.naijasinglegirl.com/yoruba-people-wont-kill-stew-oil-pepper/
:Hahaha! I can relate to that.
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by guiddoti: 3:50pm On Jul 15, 2016
Elandro987:
Ndi ofe nmmanu kwenu?
awon ajeun okuta ma momi?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by guiddoti: 3:52pm On Jul 15, 2016
Elandro987:
Ndi ofe nmmanu kwenu?
awon ajeun okuta ma momi? grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by comeandmarry: 3:56pm On Jul 15, 2016
Abegi, wake up to reality, if not for tomatoes you go dey alive.
Abegi
Apako too many for Nairaland.
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by nduchucks: 4:05pm On Jul 15, 2016
@OP, that my dear is why we love ofe mmana folks. The pepper soup and oil na to die for. cool

2 Likes

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Ofemmanu1: 4:08pm On Jul 15, 2016
Atk01:

Lol. But seriously to me, those eggs soaked in stew are sweeter.
No mind na, na illusory flat.head monkey.
Same way flat.heads go to china to rebuke chinko cuisines; (rats, lizzards, frog, roaches, poisonous snakes)
How on earth could a sane human expect other tribes to cook the way flath.eads cook?!
OP, If you were any slower, you'd be watered daily.
Smh.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Ofemmanu1: 4:10pm On Jul 15, 2016
nduchucks:
@OP, that my dear is why we love ofe mmana folks. The pepper soup and oil na to die for. cool
Hypocritic flat.head.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Omoluabi16(m): 4:13pm On Jul 15, 2016
Vikings007:
I just knew the thread will have some tribalistic comments. Gone are the days when jokes were JOKES.
I found funny..always lmao wen some calls me ofe mmanu. some people were not created with a sense of humour.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by greatjoey: 4:15pm On Jul 15, 2016
YourNemesis:
Relocate to Nkalagu or some other raffia palm village, deep in the heart of the barren red mud region. Maybe you will be able to eat your local herbs there... undecided
No be by force to stay Lagos.
I can't go to Enugu tomorrow and start bitching that they eat too much Okpa.

[img]http://cdn.meme.am/instances/41186405.jpg[/img]

On a serious note, Yorubas are guilty of this. They eat almost everything with stew. What I haven't seen them take with stew is drinking water. Generally, they are no good cook traditionally except the modern ladies that go out of Yoruba delicacies and learn to cook other natives' delicacies. Personally, I can't stand the sight of EWEDU which is their main soup. Just like cricket meal. Tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Ofemmanu1: 4:17pm On Jul 15, 2016
Elandro987:
Ndi ofe nmmanu kwenu?
Kwenu!!
It's a thing of joy to read flat.heads writing bout the greatest Yoruba tribe everyday..
If flat.heads could channel their Yoruba obssession to SE, it think it will make sense.
Awon olori pelebe.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Gracious10: 4:18pm On Jul 15, 2016
What I can never ever ever stand is their Green Okro with stew! God forbid!!!
I reject and bind. The sight of it makes me puke. Their Ewedu nko? God have mercy!
Nothing compared to rich Okro made from scratch and loads of vegetables, no stew biko.
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by nightmile: 4:19pm On Jul 15, 2016
dearsly:
Lols...

So you don't know the YORUBAS gat the worst delicacies in West Africa??.... grin cheesy cheesy
Igbos are eating coco yam leaf , palm fruits and raw cassava today is as a result of hunger during the civil war and they are boasting about it.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cooking Beans Can Be Very Frustrating (see Pics) / Family Rice: Akwa Ibom Rice Is In Town (Photos) / The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.