Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,870 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper (38531 Views)

Slay Queen Caught Bush Meat, Prepares Delicious Pepper Soup (photos) / Man Kills Monkeys In Port-Harcourt, Uses Them To Prepare Pepper Soup. Photos / How To Make Goat Meat Stew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by wyse24(m): 9:09pm On Jul 15, 2016
I have a question concern the phobia igbo has for other tribes. They are not welcoming and friendly. If u happen to find yourself in the locality and you open a store for business, if they see u doing well they will frustrate u out of business. Imo for example, since you are not part of them. But look at south west, all tribes have the freedom to do business and even compete with the indigenous business men/women without facing treat. But in the south south, south east, you may be the only one experiencing robbery among numerous business stores.
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by AmuDimpka: 9:32pm On Jul 15, 2016
The annoying thing is that

They use palm oil to cook their stew
They don't even bleach the plan oil
They don't deep fry their tomatoes to let the water dry
They just add tons of pepper

You just wonder what the hell is this

Then the mother of their soup ..is that ewedu..that greeny stuff that looks like vomit and they top it up with that lousy stew

That's why most of them group and troupe to igbo and Calabar restaurant

Their men are even running away from their omen

Eg

The paramount ruler ooni

He dumped the Yoruba wife for a non Yoruba wife

Where is onila

1 Like

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by lepasharon(f): 9:42pm On Jul 15, 2016
AmuDimpka:
The annoying thing is that

They use palm oil to cook their stew
They don't even bleach the plan oil
They don't deep fry their tomatoes to let the water dry
They just add tons of pepper

You just wonder what the hell is this

Then the mother of their soup ..is that ewedu..that greeny stuff that looks like vomit and they top it up with that lousy stew

That's why most of them group and troupe to igbo and Calabar restaurant

Their men are even running away from their omen

Eg

The paramount ruler ooni

He dumped the Yoruba wife for a non Yoruba wife

Where is onila

Loool. Green leaf eater

2 Likes

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 15, 2016
[s]
mapet:

If it was meant to be a joke, unfortunately it was not funny, in fact it was dry. Also there is no way you can pass a joke by denigrating people's way of life. It shows low standards and lack of intelligence on the part of the OP. I'm tempted to regard you same if you think this is just a joke......

It is also plain stu.pid to look at the world through your prism alone. I find it ironical and rather strange that someone from some village is visting Lagos for the first time and try to form an enlightened lady. Meanwhile the opposite is the case. I imagine if the OP ever gets to travel overseas and see different varieties of food of different countries, will she be comparing with her village delicacies as well?
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by misspatsy(f): 10:14pm On Jul 15, 2016
mapet:

So because she jokes about everything, even at the expense of ridiculing people's way of life, then we should pat her on the back. Madam, there is something called decorum and decency. Not everything that goes thru the brain must come out unprocessed. Classic intelligence tells you when you go into another man's house, you respect him in his space. You don't come and pass comments about his house, his food etc to his face
When she made jokes about yaba market sellers you saw nothing wrong in it because they are mostly 'flat-heads' right?
A joke is a joke irrespective of the tribe involved please.You can go through her topics and blog so you will know her better and don't quote me again,I read her topics just for laughs not arguments.

1 Like

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by endove(f): 10:22pm On Jul 15, 2016
In lil kesh voice :you don know notin
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by olaztek(m): 10:23pm On Jul 15, 2016
lepasharon:
Just like how Igbos like green leaves

Na so e be
Na so o. Dem like leave sote Even if they want to drink garri, they will add leaves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Rashelany: 10:33pm On Jul 15, 2016
Yoruba people and stew be like grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Klare(f): 10:35pm On Jul 15, 2016
Atk01:

Lol. But seriously to me, those eggs soaked in stew are sweeter.

My brother God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Klare(f): 10:38pm On Jul 15, 2016
thunder74:
Even puff - puff too dey get pepper, get used to it. Emi ti o j'ata, emi yepere. ( Somebody should interpret this for the op)
.. The life that's doesn't eat pepper wont last long.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by misspatsy(f): 10:40pm On Jul 15, 2016
wyse24:
I have a question concern the phobia igbo has for other tribes. They are not welcoming and friendly. If u happen to find yourself in the locality and you open a store for business, if they see u doing well they will frustrate u out of business. Imo for example, since you are not part of them. But look at south west, all tribes have the freedom to do business and even compete with the indigenous business men/women without facing treat. But in the south south, south east, you may be the only one experiencing robbery among numerous business stores.
How come igbos are unfriendly and not welcoming when I know so many hausas doing business in onitsha and others places.They even use ghana-must-bags to move their money to banks within onitsha main market on wheelbarrow.Who attacks them there?How come you are the only person frustrated out of business?Maybe you aren't good in business,no one can send you packing if you are determined.

1 Like

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by totit: 10:47pm On Jul 15, 2016
grin

Imoteda Aladekomo, Heels In The Kitchen

No one expected West African food to emerge as the world’s healthiest when Lancet Global Health’s reviewed of dietary habits from around the globe earlier this summer. Unfortunately, you won’t find much African food on the world stage as other cuisines such as Italian, Chinese and Indian are the go-to choices for international palettes. Cordon Bleu trained chef Imoteda Aladekomo has plans to change that by globalizing African food, starting with her native Nigerian dishes. She wants to use television as a platform to show the richness and diversity in the dishes and make it more accessible to non-Africans. With a show already filmed and plans underway to expand to merchandising, Chef Tomi may become the next biggest cooking star.

Omo Alata Foods

Omo Alata, the Yoruba name for spice seller is a budding food processing company that wants to simplify the way Nigerians cook their food. As a busy wife and computer science graduate Kasope Ladipo-Ajai no longer had the 2-3 hours it took to make a standard stew or soup after facing hours of traffic plus a full workday. Spending time abroad she saw how quick service and prepackaged meals made life easier for busy families, especially working moms. While busy urbanites are having trouble accessing and cooking fresh meals, millions of pounds of produce go to waste during long transit times to urban centers. Kasope and her husband Olatayo founded Omo Alata Foods to provide ready to cook pepper and stew products and tap into the rapidly growing middle class consumer and desire for high quality packaged foods.

1 Share

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by delors(m): 11:58pm On Jul 15, 2016
madridguy:
Go back to your village. Shikena
Ataya o...if Lagos no gree am live, e nor get village ni?
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Antina(f): 12:56am On Jul 16, 2016
osec007:
it seems you're lacking blood,its called vegetables not grass,have a nice day

Mr. that is full of blood with DE-deons by his right hand side. Read what I wrote again, I mean "field" and "grass" ehnn not "vegetables" ndo! cheesy
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Antina(f): 12:58am On Jul 16, 2016
247notire:
You and madridguy have managed to tribalize this innocent and thoroughly hilarious thread.

You both need to stop that shiii, it ain't cool.

Everything must not turn Igbo vs Yoruba for Pete's sake angry

U know what? It was kind of joke too, we all joking cheesy
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Antina(f): 1:19am On Jul 16, 2016
Aigbofa:

So you eat your moinmoin with stew? I can see the writer was trying to be humorous but if you think everything she said is true then you are definitely not a Lagosian.

cheesy
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Nobody: 1:57am On Jul 16, 2016
dasparrow:

Go ahead and marry her since you feel marriage seems to be every Nigerian woman's sole purpose on earth.
Nice one there cool cool cool
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by tonyobj(m): 4:16am On Jul 16, 2016
Na hotel you dey stay? Learn to cook.
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by andreawills96(f): 6:07am On Jul 16, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:
I would never understand Yorubas and their love for stew. In the past couple of months, have been having ALL MY MEALS at bukas and Iya Basira's and each time I ask for any meal, they top my food with stew.
Bukas cum Iya Basiras in VI, Surulere, Yaba, Agege, Ikeja, Egbeda and the rest of Lagos are guilty of this! In short it is becoming a matter of state security.  8-O
This afternoon I bought common yam porridge and they has to top it with stew in addition to the excessive the palm oil. It is the same thing with soups and I have suspended eating eba if it is not home cooked.
Vegetable soup, melon, and ewedu soups all come with stew.
An iyabasira once told me its not intentional, that they usually cook meat in stew reason I always see bits of stew in my food even when I buy ice cream from a Yoruba woman!
Like, I have stopped buying meat and they are still serving me meals with stew!

I bought moimoi last week and they poured a generous amount of stew on my innocent moimoi.

I bought Yam and fried egg and stew was poured ontop my yam!

I bought jollof rice, beef and coleslaw and they poured stew on my coleslaw.

Fried rice always comes with stew or excessive oil.

I bought rice, stew and boiled egg and they poured stew on my innocent egg!

Like! Open any Iya Basira's pot and you'll see innocent boiled eggs soaked in stew.
Everything is now starting to taste like stew in my mouth. Funny part is when you ask for  the real rice and stew, they are usually very stingy with stew.
I have to keep up with this until I have made enough money to afford KFC and chicken republic everyday!
I. Am. Tired.

www.naijasinglegirl.com/yoruba-people-wont-kill-stew-oil-pepper/
. I can use stew for everything, I rather make stew of 5k than mke soup of 200, though am not yoruba or stay in lag
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Awoofawo(m): 6:54am On Jul 16, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:
I would never understand Yorubas and their love for stew. In the past couple of months, have been having ALL MY MEALS at bukas and Iya Basira's and each time I ask for any meal, they top my food with stew.
Bukas cum Iya Basiras in VI, Surulere, Yaba, Agege, Ikeja, Egbeda and the rest of Lagos are guilty of this! In short it is becoming a matter of state security.  8-O
This afternoon I bought common yam porridge and they has to top it with stew in addition to the excessive the palm oil. It is the same thing with soups and I have suspended eating eba if it is not home cooked.
Vegetable soup, melon, and ewedu soups all come with stew.
An iyabasira once told me its not intentional, that they usually cook meat in stew reason I always see bits of stew in my food even when I buy ice cream from a Yoruba woman!
Like, I have stopped buying meat and they are still serving me meals with stew!

I bought moimoi last week and they poured a generous amount of stew on my innocent moimoi.

I bought Yam and fried egg and stew was poured ontop my yam!

I bought jollof rice, beef and coleslaw and they poured stew on my coleslaw.

Fried rice always comes with stew or excessive oil.

I bought rice, stew and boiled egg and they poured stew on my innocent egg!

Like! Open any Iya Basira's pot and you'll see innocent boiled eggs soaked in stew.
Everything is now starting to taste like stew in my mouth. Funny part is when you ask for  the real rice and stew, they are usually very stingy with stew.
I have to keep up with this until I have made enough money to afford KFC and chicken republic everyday!
I. Am. Tired.

www.naijasinglegirl.com/yoruba-people-wont-kill-stew-oil-pepper/

Very foolish post from a equally drag from dirty hope.

Class captain awon were cool
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Sike(m): 7:50am On Jul 16, 2016
madridguy:
gbam!
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by ebonyjummy(f): 8:06am On Jul 16, 2016
thunder74:
Even puff - puff too dey get pepper, get used to it. Emi ti o j'ata, emi yepere. ( Somebody should interpret this for the op)
lol
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by babajero(m): 8:14am On Jul 16, 2016
madridguy:
Guy call a spade a spade, yorubas cook rubbish, just oil and pepper
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by obontami2: 8:41am On Jul 16, 2016
Antina:

Abi, whre soup looks like field full of grass.

Hahaha grin that's cold naw cheesy
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by ocheze1: 9:40am On Jul 16, 2016
OP u no b woman? Make u sef try to dey cook for house.

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 16, 2016
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 16, 2016
Love my Ewedu Nd Amala....Compared to ibos wey dey chop leaf pass goat... No wonder papa shinedu dey follow Im goat drag Grass

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by yahmohy27: 10:10am On Jul 16, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:
Because rheir foods are not tasty, so they had to add stew to top up the taste
Sorry u don de enter wrong route sir
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Adesiji77: 10:11am On Jul 16, 2016
tonysmart2016:
stew on coleslaw.... Liar...

reason I always see bits of stew in my food even when I buy ice cream from a Yoruba woman!

Lies from the bottom of the ocean cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Gracious10: 1:05pm On Jul 16, 2016
validstar1:
U're an IDIOT

LMAO! I love how Nigerians express their frustrations using name calling...Your blood boiling will only give you third degree burns. grin
How can people not understand that humans have preferences?
Ewedu or Green Okro makes me puke! I dislike the sight of it and thats my own honest opinion about that food simple!

Calling me names shows your own frustrations towards your self. Hate kills faster than disease, hope you drink more out of it. Lol.
Dalu.
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by validstar1: 1:22pm On Jul 16, 2016
Gracious10:

LMAO! I love how Nigerians express their frustrations using name calling...Your blood boiling will only give you third degree burns. grin
How can people not understand that humans have preferences?
Ewedu or Green Okro makes me puke! I dislike the sight of it and thats my own honest opinion about that food simple!

Calling me names shows your own frustrations towards your self. Hate kills faster than disease, hope you drink more out of it. Lol.
Dalu.
I repeat....u're an IDIOT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cooking Beans Can Be Very Frustrating (see Pics) / Family Rice: Akwa Ibom Rice Is In Town (Photos) / The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.