Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper (38548 Views)

Slay Queen Caught Bush Meat, Prepares Delicious Pepper Soup (photos) / Man Kills Monkeys In Port-Harcourt, Uses Them To Prepare Pepper Soup. Photos / How To Make Goat Meat Stew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Gracious10: 1:37pm On Jul 16, 2016
validstar1:
I repeat....u're an IDIOT

Lol....It's Saturday, go do some cleaning, watch movies and eat ur Ewedu, maybe u will feel better. Am done with you. I don't call names and won't start now. So knock yourself out.
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by mapet: 2:27pm On Jul 16, 2016
misspatsy:
When she made jokes about yaba market sellers you saw nothing wrong in it because they are mostly 'flat-heads' right?
A joke is a joke irrespective of the tribe involved please.You can go through her topics and blog so you will know her better and don't quote me again,I read her topics just for laughs not arguments.

My dear,

1. I cannot recall contributing on Yaba market sellers, and I pick my discussions here carefully (seriously or jokingly)
2. If you want to put words in my mouth wrt "flat-heads", then have your fill, I'm uninterested
3. If someone shares a supposed joke and crosses the line, it is only reasonable to call that person to order. Jokes should not denigrate people, it should not insult people, it should not show disrespect for people's way of life
4. The write-up itself connotes immaturity and lack of exposure from the writer and those of you that shares the joke. How do you expect people to see things only from your (easterners) way of life? Must food be always cooked like the Igbos to make it a standard? That you don't take oil makes it that everybody must not take oil?

1 Like

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by mapet: 2:28pm On Jul 16, 2016
Vikings007:
[s][/s]

Since it's your signature I will assume you're highlighting your identity
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by misspatsy(f): 3:37pm On Jul 16, 2016
mapet:

My dear,

1. I cannot recall contributing on Yaba market sellers, and I pick my discussions here carefully (seriously or jokingly)
2. If you want to put words in my mouth wrt "flat-heads", then have your fill, I'm uninterested
3. If someone shares a supposed joke and crosses the line, it is only reasonable to call that person to order. Jokes should not denigrate people, it should not insult people, it should not show disrespect for people's way of life
4. The write-up itself connotes immaturity and lack of exposure from the writer and those of you that shares the joke. How do you expect people to see things only from your (easterners) way of life? Must food be always cooked like the Igbos to make it a standard? That you don't take oil makes it that everybody must not take oil?

How do you know if she is from the east or not,did you ask her personally?Am sure you just drew your conclusion because of the way the write-up went.South-southerners and northerners don't consume pepper as much as yorubas so she could be from anywhere.I share the joke in it but I am not immature and I'm well exposed because I was born and raised in Lagos,I have lived outside Lagos and lived with people from other tribes.I eat peppery food a lot but if the OP has issues with it,she's allowed to voice it out.Your 4th point sounds insultive to me because everyone has an opinion to air out.That's what is called freedom of speech.
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by mapet: 5:00am On Jul 17, 2016
misspatsy:
How do you know if she is from the east or not,did you ask her personally?Am sure you just drew your conclusion because of the way the write-up went.South-southerners and northerners don't consume pepper as much as yorubas so she could be from anywhere.I share the joke in it but I am not immature and I'm well exposed because I was born and raised in Lagos,I have lived outside Lagos and lived with people from other tribes.I eat peppery food a lot but if the OP has issues with it,she's allowed to voice it out.Your 4th point sounds insultive to me because everyone has an opinion to air out.That's what is called freedom of speech.

1. She's from where? North? South-south? Do the northerners and south-southerners raise issues with yoruba foods? May be you can remind us the "Ofe-Nmanu" alternative for hausa and ijaw language?
2. We'll if you want to turn my charge on immaturity into lack of exposure into self defence, then review your statement and see the lesson in it.
3. On the 4th, all puns intended. There's a clear difference between voicing an opinion and slanting the other person. Freedom of speech comes with a responsibility to respect the other person. That freedom gives you no right to disrespect and claim liberty to do so and under the guise of jokes.
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Antina(f): 8:33am On Jul 17, 2016
AmuDimpka:
The annoying thing is that

They use palm oil to cook their stew
They don't even bleach the plan oil
They don't deep fry their tomatoes to let the water dry
They just add tons of pepper

You just wonder what the hell is this

Then the mother of their soup ..is that ewedu..that greeny stuff that looks like vomit and they top it up with that lousy stew

That's why most of them group and troupe to igbo and Calabar restaurant

Their men are even running away from their omen

Eg

The paramount ruler ooni

He dumped the Yoruba wife for a non Yoruba wife

Where is onila

Yeyenatu
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by JoeCutie(m): 11:56am On Jul 19, 2016
luscioustrish:
Its supposed to be a joke undecided
Bitterness don already make some people dey advice the op,,worse still others have turned it into a tribal war...shior!! angry

Don't even quote me with your blind explanation undecided
The #HalfHumanHalfgodess. wink grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? / Cooking Beans Can Be Very Frustrating (see Pics) / Family Rice: Akwa Ibom Rice Is In Town (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.