Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. (16966 Views)

Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! / There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe / Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Ofemmanu1: 11:34am On Jul 13, 2016
naijadeyhia:

My question has nothing to do about God. I asked for actual tangible todays proof of evolution. So do not shift the focus of this discussion.

Proof is their emphasis so I did no wrong asking for proof so I can cure my ignorance did I?

Absence of proof is not poof of absence.

Two pages already ..and when is proof enough?

1 Like

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 13, 2016
Seun:
The difference between a man and a chimpanzee is smaller than the difference between a horse and a cow. We are still animals. We dominate the other animals because of our superior intelligence (language, tools, science), just as killer whales dominate the other animals in the sea.

If we share 98% of our genetic code with chimps how come the missing 2% was conveniently left out in chimps and occur in humans? And with this 2% we have intelligence, hundreds of different languages, can plan and execute trips to mars and back?

Again I ask if DNA cannot change to become a totally different specie from itself how could man have come from an ape and if man did evolve from an ape how come we still have apes around and not a total extinction of apes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 13, 2016
donnffd:

I wont go into technical details, but i would use a layman's example

Language, specifically English language

Do a simple history research about it, it evolved from Latin and some other older languages.

Can you pin-point anytime in history where a Latin speaking mother gave birth to an English speaking child?

Even in the English language, go back 600years ago, i bet you, you wont understand a word they spoke, and it was still English language and we speak English now, but it has totally changed and evolved that if the two were compared side by side, they could be regarded as different languages.

When did Old English become New English?, was it overnight?

I would use another example, When did you stop being a child and become an adult? which day?

Tell me the day you went to sleep a child, and woke up an adult!

This is just a very simple layman example of how evolution of organisms work...please educate yourself more about it

We are not talking about language because all language did not come from latin or english. We are talking about living tissue.

Ok let me ask you this and I need a simple yes or no answer since you believe in evolution.

Can you genetically engineer a cat from a dogs DNA?

Since u say evolution is real so lets help it along to speed up the process. Can a dogs DNA be genetically modified to become that of a cat? Yes or no.
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Seun(m): 11:39am On Jul 13, 2016
naijadeyhia:
If you say apes have small sized brains and can link brain formation to DNA and yet evolution rejects the claim that one specie can evolve to become a totally new and different specie like from DOG to CAT even though they share the same four legs so how come the apes DNA that gave it a smaller brain suddenly transformed on DNA level to give man a bigger brain?
It's unlikely that a dog would give birth to a cat, but suppose you dumped some dogs on an island full of mice and small birds; nothing else. The dogs might start changing in ways that will make them similar to cats. Over a long period of time, they will become smaller and more agile. By chance, a puppy might be born with slightly retractable claws which would make it much easier to catch mice. That trait would spread quickly because it's enormously advantageous. Night vision will gradually improve because mice are nocturnal. Eventually you'll end up with an island full of dogs that are, essentially, cat-dogs. If the island remained isolated long enough, a time would come when if you mated them with normal dogs, there would be puppies but the puppies would be sterile, like tigers x lions. A time will come when the differences between them would be so great that, like cats, it'd be impossible to cross breed the cat-dogs with regular dogs. That's how evolution gives rise to new species.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 13, 2016
Seun:

It's unlikely that a dog would give birth to a cat, but suppose you dumped some dogs on an island full of mice and small birds; nothing else. The dogs might [/b]start changing in ways that will make them similar to cats. Over a very long period of time, [b]they might become [/b]smaller and more agile. [b]By chance, a puppy might be born with slightly retractable claws which would make it much easier to catch mice. That trait would spread quickly because it's enormously advantageous. Night vision will gradually improve because mice are nocturnal. Eventually you will end up with an island full of dogs that are, essentially, cat-dogs. If the island remains isolated long enough, a time will come when if you mate them with normal dogs, there would be puppies but the puppies would be sterile, like tigers and lions. A time will come when the differences between them will be so great that, like cats, it will be impossible to cross breed the cat-dogs with regular dogs. That's how evolution gives rise to a new specie.

Did you see how you used probable terms there as I highlighted?

The theory of evolution is just like your highlighted statements above....assumptions!

1 Like

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Engrobiorah(m): 11:45am On Jul 13, 2016
Seun:

It's unlikely that a dog would give birth to a cat, but suppose you dumped some dogs on an island full of mice and small birds; nothing else. The dogs might start changing in ways that will make them similar to cats. Over a long period of time, they will become smaller and more agile. By chance, a puppy might be born with slightly retractable claws which would make it much easier to catch mice. That trait would spread quickly because it's enormously advantageous. Night vision will gradually improve because mice are nocturnal. Eventually you'll end up with an island full of dogs that are, essentially, cat-dogs. If the island remained isolated long enough, a time would come when if you mated them with normal dogs, there would be puppies but the puppies would be sterile, like tigers x lions. A time will come when the differences between them would be so great that, like cats, it'd be impossible to cross breed the cat-dogs with regular dogs. That's how evolution gives rise to new species.
So how did human beings come about, monkey x gorilla?
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 13, 2016
Seun:

Let me reverse your scenario. If I dumped birds on an island all alone and they lived there long enough would they become cats or dogs?

Let me explain seun...science has stated categorically that it is IMPOSSIBLE to get a cat from a dogs DNA not even when scientists try to genetically modify it.

SO IF DELIBERATE ATTEMPTS TO MODIFY A DOGS GENES TO BE THAT OF A CAT CANNOT HAPPEN SO WHAT ARE THE CHANCES THAT RANDOMNESS OR EVOLUTION CAN ACHIEVE THAT TO PERFECTION?
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Engrobiorah(m): 11:50am On Jul 13, 2016
Seun:
If someone was accused of committing a murder, you would not have to show a video or pictures of the person committing the murder to prove it, but you will be required to show evidence such as the murder weapon with the victim's and suspect's DNA on it, the motive, the opportunity, the suspect's violent character, previous threats in which the suspect promised to kill the victim, etc. When you put together all the evidence pointing in the same direction, and there is no reason to suspect that someone else did it, the judge must convict the suspect. In the same way, we can't provide a video showing how an ape turned into a man because it took place over millions of years, and no one lives that long, but we have the bones of apes that were in the process of turning into humans. And after putting them back together, we can see how their brains grew larger gradually and their backs grew straighter until they were walking upright. Through science we have determined how old the bones are and we've observed that the oldest bones are more ape-like while the newest bones are human. And we have the same story for all other animals whose bones have been found buried in ancient rocks. The overwhelmingly abundant evidence compels us to accept evolution.
"what" put the first living creature in this universe?
Its came to be on its own?
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Ranchhoddas: 11:57am On Jul 13, 2016
naijadeyhia:
Evolution is a lie, a myth and without scientific fact and has no basis in reality. Not one professing Atheist has presented clear and convincing evidence of evolutions reality. No animal has been found to be in the transitional state of evolving into another being or entity.

ABSOLUTELY NONE!
Evolution has absolutely nothing to do with atheism. There were atheists centuries before Darwin. Stop mixing the two.

4 Likes

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 13, 2016
Seun:

Your answer is not valid and will not stand up to any jurisdiction of reason. You, Sir have no answer to this judge and to this court. You perpetuate and promote a false science and false beliefd, but you are not ready for that question yet, not by a long shot. You can't produce any evidence of evolution is real, can you? You can't deliver evidence. Just because you say something does not make it true or believable. I do not believe you. I want you to produce to me actual evidence I can see with my own eyes a creature evolving. Show me a lizard with fish scales. Or how about something easier like a crab with tiny human hands. I want to see your theory in action with actual proof that creatures change from one species into another species. Show me what you got or admit your evolution belief is a complete crock of nonsense and a bold-face lie. If you do not deliver, you have lost your case.
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by KingEbukaNaija: 12:13pm On Jul 13, 2016
Micro evolution is a fact . Macro evolution is simply a rational belief based on faith and assumptions .

Old earth/Progressive creationism is the way .

1 Like

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by KingEbukaNaija: 12:20pm On Jul 13, 2016
naijadeyhia : There are Christians who are evolutionists , theistic evolutionists

1 Like

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 13, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:
naijadeyhia : There are Christians who are evolutionists , theistic evolutionists

Their religious disposition isnt my grouse their belief system is. If any part of the divide can prove evolution to me then I will swallow my pride and openly apologize and accept that knowledge.

Just one tangible real life proof is all I ask. With all their talk about everything coming via evolution I am sure they can just step outside their door and pick up a sample of an evolutionary process. Simple. Let them show me.
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 13, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

Absence of proof is not poof of absence.

Two pages already ..and when is proof enough?

Really? Two pages of assumptions or proof? Let me even deviate a bit from humans. Can an apple seed grow to become a cashew tree? Can an orange seed grow to become a tangerine even though they look similar? Can a pawpaw seed grow to become a cocoa trea?

Yes or no?
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by waxxydude: 12:34pm On Jul 13, 2016
Engrobiorah:

"what" put the first living creature in this universe?
Its came to be on its own?
The combination of four gases Water vapour (h2o), Ammonia gas (NH3), Methane (CH4) and Hydrogen gas (H2) to form a Protozoa.

It's all some incredible stuff, so is Mathematics and all that thing, but, it still doesn't rule out the fact that they "might" be indeed factual.

2 Likes

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by KingEbukaNaija: 12:44pm On Jul 13, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Their religious disposition isnt my grouse their belief system is. If any part of the divide can prove evolution to me then I will swallow my pride and openly apologize and accept that knowledge.

Just one tangible real life proof is all I ask. With all their talk about everything coming via evolution I am sure they can just step outside their door and pick up a sample of an evolutionary process. Simple. Let them show me.

True
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 13, 2016
waxxydude:
The combination of four gases Water vapour (h2o), Ammonia gas (NH3), Methane (CH4) and Hydrogen gas (H2) to form a Protozoa.

It's all some incredible stuff, so is Mathematics and all that thing, but, it still doesn't rule out the fact that they "might" be indeed factual.

Has any scientists been able to mix water vapour, ammonia gas, methane and hydrogen gas to form a protozoa?

If they say protozoa is the source of life and the evolutionary process is linked to them and the same science says protozoa in order to feed need already preformed organisms they can feed on so who formed the other organisms the protozoa feeds on?

1 Like

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Freiburger(m): 12:47pm On Jul 13, 2016
Aliens dey somewhere dey laugh all of una grin

1 Like

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by donnffd(m): 12:49pm On Jul 13, 2016
naijadeyhia:

We are not talking about language because all language did not come from latin or english. We are talking about living tissue.

Ok let me ask you this and I need a simple yes or no answer since you believe in evolution.

Can you genetically engineer a cat from a dogs DNA?

Since u say evolution is real so lets help it along to speed up the process. Can a dogs DNA be genetically modified to become that of a cat? Yes or no.

It seems you dont understand the meaning of a "layman's example"...

Truly, i dont see anything useful coming out of this argument, so i am off, enjoy...

4 Likes

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 13, 2016
donnffd:

It seems you dont understand the meaning of a "layman's example"...

Truly, i dont see anything useful coming out of this argument, so i am off, enjoy...

You won't see anything useful because you have no proof to my demand. So goodbye or better yet go and dig deeper and when you find real tangible proof you are free to break down the door of this thread and post it for all to see and I will lick your feet.

Adios.
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 13, 2016
Freiburger:
Aliens dey somewhere dey laugh all of una grin

No worry when dem discover those aliens dem fit say either we evolve from the aliens as dem fit see dem as the missing link or dem go conclude say we dey evolve go meet the aliens. Say alien structure is our final evolutionary destination.

Make we dey look.
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by waxxydude: 1:03pm On Jul 13, 2016
@Naijadeyhia. You are just being impervious to absolve Seun's write-up. What he was tryna explain to you is what we call NaturalSelection.

In LayMan's language: Some organisms die and faze out under auester conditions, cause they do not fit. While some are natural fighters, so they fight-to-the-last to survive, with whatever strength/ability nature gifted to them. So when these survivals with - nature given abilities, mate and migrate, bro, they then give life to new generational species with same ability to survive in that ecosystem.

Then it goes on & on, despirate measures reappear. There's an urgent need to survive. These new creatures would undergo harshiest litmus test. Stretched to the limit, many would be filtered out New once will evolve once more.

And evolution goes on.

I know you're Whiz enough to understand this, but, if you show defiance and try to go around, i just won't go any further.
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 13, 2016
waxxydude:
@Naijadeyhia. You are just being impervious to absolve Seun's write-up. What he was tryna explain to you is what we call NaturalSelection.

In LayMan's language: Some organisms die and faze out under auester conditions, cause they do not fit. While some are natural fighters, so they fight-to-the-last to survive, with whatever strength/ability nature gifted to them. So when these survivals with - nature given abilities, mate and migrate, bro, they then give life to new generational species with same ability to survive in that ecosystem.

Then it goes on & on, despirate measures reappear. There's an urgent need to survive. These new creatures would undergo harshiest litmus test. Stretched to the limit, many would be filtered out New once will evolve once more.

And evolution goes on.

I know you're Whiz enough to understand this, but, if you show defiance and try to go around, i just won't go any further.

Dude I know all about the laws of natural selection which was why I asked about the possibility of genetically modifying a dogs DNA to a cats or having it naturally evolve into that and even Seun said its highly improbable so he has given his own answer before the explanation he gave. His answer invalidates his explanation.

Simple!
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by waxxydude: 1:26pm On Jul 13, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Has any scientists been able to mix water vapour, ammonia gas, methane and hydrogen gas to form a protozoa?

If they say protozoa is the source of life and the evolutionary process is linked to them and the same science says protozoa in order to feed need already preformed organisms they can feed on so who formed the other organisms the protozoa feeds on?
Breh you sick. grin

Just like religion, evolution just doesn't work that way.

Some folks don't believe that a woman was created outta a man's rib, but, i can bet say you do!

So, show me some evidence or better still a footage or something to justify this. Can you? smiley
Advice: Don't use your skewed points to bend some's view.

P.S: I believe in a divine God cause i seen divine things and i also believe evolution cause i can breath, live and indeed see it for a fact.

1 Like

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 13, 2016
I am in shock here. I am shocked that not one advocate for evolution could offer me any tangible real proof to support their assertion.

Shocked indeed!

However, you still have a chance to redeem your belief. So let ne have it.

JUST ONE REAL TANGIBLE PROOF.

You say a lot, but I still see evidence of creation, intelligent design, which your answer is vague and has no weight behind it. If you could have shown me the physical basis for your belief, I could maybe believe you, but you can show me no evidence. None!

Again the opportunity is still here. Show me.
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 13, 2016
waxxydude:
Breh you sick. grin

Just like religion, evolution just doesn't work that way.

Some folks don't believe that a woman was created outta a man's rib, but, i can bet say you do!

So, show me some evidence or better still a footage or something to justify this. Can you? smiley
Advice: Don't use your skewed points to bend some's view.

P.S: I believe in a divine God cause i seen divine things and i also believe evolution cause i can breath, live and indeed see it for a fact.

Create another thread if you want to prove the existence of God. This is about evolution. Do not shift our focus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Ofemmanu1: 1:28pm On Jul 13, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Really? Two pages of assumptions or proof? Let me even deviate a bit from humans. Can an apple seed grow to become a cashew tree? Can an orange seed grow to become a tangerine even though they look similar? Can a pawpaw seed grow to become a cocoa trea?

Yes or no?
Certainly not.
But a pawpaw seed is not hopeless, it could produce better fruits than pawpaw.
Dont you think so?
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 13, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

Certainly not.
But a pawpaw seed is not hopeless, it could produce better fruits than pawpaw.

It could produce a better breed of Pawpaw but not a different plant altogether. Agreed?
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Ofemmanu1: 1:32pm On Jul 13, 2016
naijadeyhia:

It could produce a better breed of Pawpaw but not a different plant altogether. Agreed?
We can decide to give that new breed a new name, and that's the begining of a new line of specie.
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 13, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

We can decide to give that new breed a new name, and that's the begining of a new line of specie.

So you are now saying evolution could be based on mans error of assuming a new breed is a different specie so erroneously tagging it as such? ...hmmmmm interesting.

Pls everyone note that this comment is from a professed biologist o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by Codedrock(m): 1:37pm On Jul 13, 2016
Seun:
The first picture shows what a pitbull terrier used to look like. The second picture shows what a pitbull terrier looks like now. That's evolution.
2 questions for Seun : if we evolved from apes to man, then what evolved to apes in other words how did every living thing came about??

Secondly why ain't the human race evolving anymore cos I believe at this stage we should have super human beings that evolved
Re: A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. by UyiIredia(m): 1:38pm On Jul 13, 2016
@ OP Your question isn't a good one if you want to rebut a belief in evolution. That said it still amazes me that such a bad theory grasped the minds of many people especially atheists. Lemme just quickly give one strong reason why the theory makes no sense at all. Each species has its own unique genetic code. Evolution requires that a species e.g. fishes changes into another e.g. reptiles. But this is not possible because that would require wide ranging modifications to the genetic code of a species. And if there's anything we've observed its that species conserve their genetic code. There's no means of adding new genetic information to get a new species from a former one. That can't happen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

. / What Happens To Those Who Hold On Tightly To Sin Instead Of Letting Go (picture) / Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.