Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Using Your Wedding Pics As BBM DP - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Using Your Wedding Pics As BBM DP (2104 Views)

Celebrating Fathers' Day: See Beautiful Pics As Posted On Twitter / 8-Month Pregnant Woman Dies One Month After Her Wedding (pics) / Whatsapp Dp About To Crash My Sisters Marriage . Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using Your Wedding Pics As BBM DP by Godmother(f): 9:49am On Jul 13, 2016
I know its customary and kind of exciting to use your wedding pics a week to 2 months after your wedding. At that time the thing is still shacking you and you want the whole world to celebrate with you.

But after a while you stop and life goes on. However, I have a married friend who still uses her white and trad wedding pix as BBM dp three years after wedding and she does this almost every week. Just the other day she used her Introduction pix. I know its not like its bad per se, but it feels weird to me. Does anyone feel that way too or should I be minding my business more. Lol
Re: Using Your Wedding Pics As BBM DP by toboski1(m): 10:12am On Jul 13, 2016
exactly mind ur business

11 Likes

Re: Using Your Wedding Pics As BBM DP by Godmother(f): 10:58am On Jul 13, 2016
toboski1:
exactly mind ur business

Lolz cheesy I'm doing that but still can't help wondering though

1 Like

Re: Using Your Wedding Pics As BBM DP by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 13, 2016
Kindly wonder bout ur finances or why u don't do same if u are a married woman
Godmother:

Lolz cheesy I'm doing that but still can't help wondering though

1 Like

Re: Using Your Wedding Pics As BBM DP by toniapat(f): 12:50pm On Jul 13, 2016
It should be cool to do that if its occassionally and not that its d only picture used all d time.. As in once in a while no matter how many years later.

I do that on my wedding anniversary and maybe once in a while my personal trad picture in my aso oke just to rock that super makeover u get only on ur wedding day.

grin

Re: Using Your Wedding Pics As BBM DP by nnamdibig(m): 1:06pm On Jul 13, 2016
Her hubby is still doing that thing he was doing when they got married. Those things that excites her that most couples stops doing after their wedding

2 Likes

Re: Using Your Wedding Pics As BBM DP by Adesiji77: 1:28pm On Jul 13, 2016
@Godmother: Mind your business more tongue

1 Like

Re: Using Your Wedding Pics As BBM DP by byvan03: 7:25pm On Jul 13, 2016
I see nothing unusual about that. I find it cool,minding your business more will do.
Re: Using Your Wedding Pics As BBM DP by Swissheart(f): 7:30pm On Jul 13, 2016
Minding your business won't be a bad idea actually.
Re: Using Your Wedding Pics As BBM DP by Godmother(f): 9:06pm On Jul 14, 2016
toniapat:
It should be cool to do that if its occassionally and not that its d only picture used all d time.. As in once in a while no matter how many years later.

I do that on my wedding anniversary and maybe once in a while my personal trad picture in my aso oke just to rock that super makeover u get only on ur wedding day.

grin

Yea, I agree with you Toniapat. Once in a while and special occasions like your anniversary is great, but not every week, which is what I find odd.
Re: Using Your Wedding Pics As BBM DP by Godmother(f): 9:07pm On Jul 14, 2016
Adesiji77:
@Godmother: Mind your business more tongue

Lolz. I'm doing that o, Egbon

1 Like

Re: Using Your Wedding Pics As BBM DP by johnson232: 11:15pm On Jul 14, 2016
rubbish!!!

wonder why anyone in his or her sane mind would create such a senseless thread...

1 Like

Re: Using Your Wedding Pics As BBM DP by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 14, 2016
I have seen cases where the woman kept posting pictures of her and her husband in romantic mode a lot on FB not knowing that the life of the marriage remained one bar.

The divorce was messy.

The need to get people's validation and positive comments on your relationship with your significant other says volume about the health of that relationship.

2 Likes

Re: Using Your Wedding Pics As BBM DP by NifemiOlu(m): 3:22pm On Jul 15, 2016
BBM has a feature that enables you to hide people's DPs and updates no matter the amount of times they change it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Using Your Wedding Pics As BBM DP by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 15, 2016
She may not be enjoying the marriage but just trying to hide it from people or pretend about it.

1 Like

Re: Using Your Wedding Pics As BBM DP by Godmother(f): 9:08pm On Jul 15, 2016
johnson232:
rubbish!!!

wonder why anyone in his or her sane mind would create such a senseless thread...

Senseless thread and you took your time to comment Says a lot about your level of reasoning.
Re: Using Your Wedding Pics As BBM DP by Godmother(f): 9:12pm On Jul 15, 2016
@ Ioannes
@ shapeey

We chat from time to time and she has let on subtly that she's enjoying her marriage. I just pray its true cos she's a nice person.
Re: Using Your Wedding Pics As BBM DP by johnson232: 9:37pm On Jul 15, 2016
Godmother:

Senseless thread and you took your time to comment Says a lot about your level of reasoning.
it is worthwhile letting people know how senseless or sensible whatever they are doing is... by doing such, people can improve and desist from creating senseless thread... what do u think my sister?
Re: Using Your Wedding Pics As BBM DP by Godmother(f): 9:44pm On Jul 15, 2016
johnson232:

it is worthwhile letting people know how senseless or sensible whatever they are doing is... by doing such, people can improve and desist from creating senseless thread... what do u think my sister?

Its a free world. Think what you like. Peace.
Re: Using Your Wedding Pics As BBM DP by Nobody: 7:17am On Jul 16, 2016
Godmother:
@ Ioannes
@ shapeey

We chat from time to time and she has let on subtly that she's enjoying her marriage. I just pray its true cos she's a nice person.

Yeah, well That's great. She must really love her husband. Let's hope her husband loves her as much.

1 Like

Re: Using Your Wedding Pics As BBM DP by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 16, 2016
Lets look at it this way

I have some very old pics that look so nice and they make me smile or laugh when I see them (the innocence, the smile, the make-up, the weird look, the day I took the pic... name it or Maybe I see them as very cute)

Up till this moment I still use some of those as DP and I don't see anything wrong with it
So maybe its the feeling attached to such pics that makes her use them often
Re: Using Your Wedding Pics As BBM DP by Godmother(f): 8:31am On Jul 16, 2016
Ioannes:

Yeah, well That's great. She must really love her husband. Let's hope her husband loves her as much.

Yea, hope so too.

1 Like

Re: Using Your Wedding Pics As BBM DP by Godmother(f): 8:39am On Jul 16, 2016
favoured234:
Lets look at it this way

I have some very old pics that look so nice and they make me smile or laugh when I see them (the innocence, the smile, the make-up, the weird look, the day I took the pic... name it or Maybe I see them as very cute)

Up till this moment I still use some of those as DP and I don't see anything wrong with it
So maybe its the feeling attached to such pics that makes her use them often

While I agree with you that using old pix sort of creates that nostalgic feeling, I believe wedding pix are in a different league. Like someone already said, most times its when people have problems in their marriages they do such.

I used mine for. Week or two when I got married and most of my married contacts did same. Some of them still put up their pix from time to time. What I just find odd is using it everyday. This my same friend will buy a new pair of sneakers, snap it and put online, she'll go to the movies and put the pix online. Its her life though. I just hope its not a kind of cry for help.
Re: Using Your Wedding Pics As BBM DP by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 16, 2016
Godmother:

While I agree with you that using old pix sort of creates that nostalgic feeling, I believe wedding pix are in a different league. Like someone already said, most times its when people have problems in their marriages they do such.

I used mine for. Week or two when I got married and most of my married contacts did same. Some of them still put up their pix from time to time. What I just find odd is using it everyday. This my same friend will buy a new pair of sneakers, snap it and put online, she'll go to the movies and put the pix online. Its her life though. I just hope its not a kind of cry for help.

Ahh from the bolded perspective...
Now I get, don't bother your head about such friends, they would rather die than cry out

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me / So My Wife Can Actually Lie / ##### Airtime Giveaway (March Edition): 1k Airtime Each For 15 People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.