Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,983 members, 7,799,352 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:30 PM

Catalytic converter with the sensor And Thermostat For Camry 1999 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Catalytic converter with the sensor And Thermostat For Camry 1999 (1217 Views)

You Should Never Remove Your Car Thermostat To Avoid Overheating. / Catalytic Converter And Fuel Consumption / Car Tips: How To Troubleshoot Catalytic Converter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catalytic converter with the sensor And Thermostat For Camry 1999 by ojuolu(m): 10:47am On Jul 13, 2016
Expert in the house please help with information on implication of removing the above mentioned parts from a camry 1999. I observed car is consuming fuel like nothing i have seen before. Cant these item contribute to this situation? please also note that the car temperature guage hardly rise at all even after 30 minutes of driving in the morning.
Please what can i do?
Re: Catalytic converter with the sensor And Thermostat For Camry 1999 by honmusa(m): 7:45am On Jul 14, 2016
ojuolu:
Expert in the house please help with information on implication of removing the above mentioned parts from a camry 1999. I observed car is consuming fuel like nothing i have seen before. Cant these item contribute to this situation? please also note that the car temperature guage hardly rise at all even after 30 minutes of driving in the morning.
Please what can i do?
Since you already observe this ,then patronise a professional that knows his onion that will help you do the needful by putting back every working component removed and run away that from Kazeem that want to dig a hole in your pocket.
If you are in Lagos and you need a professional service ,call autologic @08061166316.
Re: Catalytic converter with the sensor And Thermostat For Camry 1999 by ojuolu(m): 10:05am On Jul 14, 2016
honmusa:

Since you already observe this ,then patronise a professional that knows his onion that will help you do the needful by putting back every working component removed and run away that from Kazeem that want to dig a hole in your pocket.
If you are in Lagos and you need a professional service ,call autologic @08061166316.
It is a pity i am not in Lagos, I am actually in Abuja. The car presently consume 20 litres in two days for a 15-20 minutes drive in the morning and same in the evening. Approximately, 20 litres=2 hours for a four plug 2.2 litre engine on highway without AC. This is ridiculous... so ridiculous that i can't imagine running the car in this manner. I need a professional in Abuja who will help look into this and fix the missing parts or work around them without killing me.
Re: Catalytic converter with the sensor And Thermostat For Camry 1999 by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:07pm On Jul 14, 2016
ojuolu:
Please what can i do?

those two affect mpg big time

in simple terms your engine is running cold, hence the fuel computer management system keeps adding more fuel to the mixture, as way of making your car reach fuel efficient operating temperature, thermostat is there to keep the maximum fuel efficient operating temperature. since there is no thermostat in your car it will never reach that level of FUEL EFFICIENT OPERATING LEVEL which is on average 85 to 89 degrees

then also there is no reading from the O2 sensor which is works with the CAT so your car doesnt have a reading from the exhaust fumes, the reading from the exhaust fumes also makes the car adjust the fuel mixture i.e running rich or lean

those two things drops your mpg

1 Like

Re: Catalytic converter with the sensor And Thermostat For Camry 1999 by honmusa(m): 7:56am On Jul 15, 2016
ZIMDRILL:

in simple terms your engine is running cold, hence the fuel computer management system keeps adding more fuel to the mixture, as way of making your car reach fuel efficient operating temperature, thermostat is there to keep the maximum fuel efficient operating temperature. since there is no thermostat in your car it will never reach that level of FUEL EFFICIENT OPERATING LEVEL which is on average 85 to 89 degrees

then also there is no reading from the O2 sensor which is works with the CAT so your car doesnt have a reading from the exhaust fumes, the reading from the exhaust fumes also makes the car adjust the fuel mixture i.e running rich or lean

No reading from O2 sensor not because cat is absent but just that the car is in open loop condition (thermostat has been removed)
Re: Catalytic converter with the sensor And Thermostat For Camry 1999 by ojuolu(m): 12:45pm On Jul 17, 2016
ZIMDRILL:

thank so much. I need a pro in abuja who can fix these two items perfectly.
Re: Catalytic converter with the sensor And Thermostat For Camry 1999 by jesussaves22: 12:55pm On Jul 17, 2016
ojuolu:
Please what can i do?
Kingreign 07034581213
Re: Catalytic converter with the sensor And Thermostat For Camry 1999 by ikdaddy01(m): 12:18pm On Jul 25, 2016
My friend bought a car last weekend. On driving the car i noticed the temp gauge just stayed down for almost 30min. i then put on de Ac to confirm it works, it den increase up. Put a call to the seller, he said the thermostat was removed as he cleared the car with Customs. Thank God he still kept it. Going to fix it back this afternoon.
The car de chop fuel like tomorrow no deh, as this 2 days have seen virtually cold weather. We ve had to keep the Ac on seif, to help raise the temp.

(1) (Reply)

Help!!! My Honda Accord 1996 Stalls Intermittently / Final Got The Ride / Watch Volvo Truck's Automatic Braking System & An Alert Driver Save A Kid's Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.