Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,803 members, 7,802,563 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. - Romance (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. (192824 Views)

What's The craziest Thing Someone Has Ever Done For You Out Of Love? / At The Valley Of Decisions / Love Letter (clash Of Love)season 1, Episode 5,6,7,8,9,10 Story By Samuel Odamah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Chumzypinky(f): 9:04am On Jan 08, 2017
ArinzeAlec:

Mind sharing the link to the Teenage mind? I would appreciate!
d link hs alredi bin shared here. Check it here...
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 1:43pm On Jan 08, 2017
Dedicated to chumzypinky. I've not seen her yet but I'm sure she's a very stubborn girl. #kidding.

I ran all the way up to my room and locked the door, then I began to bring out my stuffs from the walk in closet and folding them into my box. Jesus help me because I'm so leaving this house first thing tomorrow. To think Greg is married and even has a child, yet he's been playing with my emotions while I got attracted to him the more.
What kind of curse did any sorcerer place on me? Tears ran down my eyes and dropped on my clothes but it didn't stop me from what I was doing.
I heard the door open and I cursed under my breadth, realisation dawning on me that I had left the door open. I looked up and it was Amber. She looked at me with eyes filled with emotions and I just had to let it loose.

Amber: What are you doing to yourself?

She was beside me immediately, holding me like I was going to topple over.

Amber: Hey hey. Get a hold on it, easy babe.

She helped me sit and I buried my head in her laps, letting all the pent up emotions run out. She kept stroking my hair, not saying a word.
When I was able to bring myself together, I raised my head to look at her.

Amber: Damn babe, you're an eyesore.

I smiled a little and shifted comfortably.

Me: We're leaving tomorrow huh?

Amber: Yes, can see you're ready.

Me; hmmm. What time exactly?

Amber: I'll try to make it as early as possible. I have missed the estate too.

Me: I won't be going to the estate. I'll be going to my parents. I've missed them and I want to share my recent experience with dad. He'll have one or two things to tell me.

Amber: That'll be nice dear. How long are you staying?

Me: Are you asking me that? So long as my mum is around, I might end up staying for a month or two.

She threw her head back and laughed heartily.

Amber: Mums will always be mums right?

Me: Right.

We kept quiet as if the room was a haunted one. I stood up and drew my box down. My only property which isn't in the box is the nightie I was wearing and the cloth I intend to wear home the next day. I heaved a sigh after I had dropped the bag on the floor and raised my head in time to meet Amber's gaze.

Amber: You're in love with him right?

I swallowed hard but didn't loose my smile.

Amber: Pamela?

Me: Isn't it obvious? At least, to you, it is.

I sat down and looked at my feet.

Amber: And you know it's not wrong right?

Me: It's wrong? Didn't you see that woman? I've never felt so intimidated in my entire life by my fellow woman. She's clearly everything I'm not.

The door swung open and my Greg, sorry, Greg walked in, looking from me to Amber.
I stood up out of impulse and I felt my heartbeat increase in a multiple of hundred.

Greg: She's everything you're not and that is why I love you Pamela.

I looked at his lips as they formed those words and my legs began to shake. Amber stood up and looked at me.

Amber: I'll excuse you two now. Baby, see you in the morning.

Me: Wait! Please ......

She nodded with a smile and left the room. Greg bolted the door and walked to the bed. I shifted and he pulled me into himself.

Greg: How long has it been?

I pushed him away, silently hoping that he holds me again, so I can perceive his musky scent.

Me: What?

I couldn't believe my voice. It was unsure and unsteady. I doubted my ability to resist him for much.

Greg: You love me Pamela

Me: Well, I used to.

Greg: Why? Did I do something wrong?

Me: Gregory please, I need to go to bed now because I'll be having a long day tomorrow. So I beg to be left alone.

Greg: Pamela, tell me what's wrong. I admit I've not been the best person to you since you came in, there are a lot of things I would have done but I failed to do them. Forgive me, but believe me as well, I love you. I've thought about it and realised it's not wrong.

I sat down and he followed suit.

Greg: The first time we met, you were so affectionate to me, without knowing who I was, you shared in my sorrow, you listened to me, you care Pamela and it's more than enough reason to choose you over Yvonne.

I looked at him and sighed. So her name is Yvonne, the mother of his daughter.

Greg: Talk to me Pamela. The silence is killing me.

Me: What do you want me to say?

Greg: That you love me

Me: I'm not stupid. What's the point of saying it when there's a woman in your life, someone who already has a place in your family? I'm not ready to subject myself to that kind of heartbreak anymore so please, leave me alone because this girl here knows her limits.

I stood up and walked to the door, unbolted it and walked the long corridor that will take me to the smaller living room where I'll get myself a drink to calm my nerves and maybe induce me to sleep.
There was no one in the living room so I just walked to the bar, got a bottle of spirit and a glass and began to walk out, my destination being the balcony where I'll clearly see the beautiful city of Enugu.

Getting to the balcony, the lights were out but someone was already there before me, smoking. i wondered who it could be before going to the opposite direction. Not to upset anyone, I didn't put on the light, I just walked to where I know a chair was, having spent most times in that balcony since I came.
I poured myself a drink and took it down in one gulp, opening my mouth to breath out once it hit my throat.

Yvonne: Impressive.

That voice. I struggled to recall where I had heard that voice and the image of the pretty woman with the little girl came to my head.
I suddenly felt the urge to throw up on her face. She was smoking? What kind of mother does that?
I heard her steps coming towards me and I braced myself for what was coming my way.

Yvonne: Are you his woman?

She turned on the lights and sat opposite to me and we stared at each other. The make up was off now and I clearly hated myself for wanting to be like her.

Yvonne: Let's drink to sharing the same man.

She made for my bottle and when I didn't object, she uncocked it, took a long drag and slammed the bottle on the table, thank goodness it's a plastic table though.

Yvonne: So why did you run? You stampeded like a mad ....... anyways, if Queeneth were alive, she would have sent you out of this house immediately.

She drank again from the bottle and I just looked at her.

Yvonne: So tell me, is he good in bed? Does he give it to you like a man or a boy?

I was forced to smile, this woman is really crazy, I swear to God.

Me: Uhm, Yvonne, I came here because I wanted a quiet time. If I needed company, I would have let my friend tag along with me.

Yvonne: Fate. It's destined already that we'll have this conversation.

Me: Sorry because I'm not interested in talking with you. I've got lots of things in my head.

Yvonne: Oops. Did he go flaccid on you? I mean, did he go soft on you? Then it's no biggie, his bro is equal to the task, trust me.

I became tongue tied. What did she just say? I stood up, picked my glass and the bottle and began to walk away but she ran after me.

Yvonne: It's clear you're this girlfriend of his who has taken him away from me but get something into this your thick head, I'm not leaving Greg for you? Not now, not ever.

Me: Okay!

Yvonne: Okay?

Me: Yes. Were you expecting to hear something else?

Yvonne: Are you crazy?

Me: It's you who's crazy. What kind of woman are you? To think that ..... Anyways, good night. I won't let you add to my burden tonight.

I turned and Greg was staring at us. I looked at Yvonne who was already going to him and shook my head. How did Greg end up with this crazy woman?

Yvonne: She's the reason you didn't want me here?

Greg: Yvonne don't start now. Pamel, let's go.

I walked past Yvonne and Greg took my free hand in his while we walked back to my room. My heart was thumping and I was scared it would jump out from my body.
I refused to look back, afraid of the hurt I'd see in Yvonne's eyes.
We got to my door and o stepped in while he remained out.

Greg: Pamela, please, can I come in?

I nodded and he came in and locked the door behind me.

"did he go flaccid on you? I mean, did he go soft on you?".
This words kept ringing in my head as I walked to the dressing table.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Chumzypinky(f): 3:27pm On Jan 08, 2017
Hahahahahahahaha....yeah, i'm stubborn, u cn say dat again. And tanx 4 d dedication.

If pple do not talk, me, Chumzypinky...must talk. What kind of a foolish gal is ds 1? Eh? Where she come from sef? I no jst understand. I don try talk sense into this foolish Pamela but mba!!!! D yeye gal has refused to listen 2 me.

My pple talk say birds of the same feathers dey flock 2geda, na iron dey attract magnet no b plastic. As Pamela foolish so, na make she dey attract foolish and futureless, ambitionless human beings like her. I swear 2 God who made me, i will nt, 4 no reason wil i date someone lyk Greg, nt because he's nt hot in bed or he has a child or something like dat bt... I jst dnt like him abeg.

Pamela wisen up! Please! Wen u go get sense sef? U dnt nid 2 have so many pple around u.

1, 2, 3 persons are enof. Nt wen u have dis 1, have 1 hav anoda 1, wetin happen? U b Buhari? Wen u have so many pple around u, u're open 2 heartbreaks and betrayals, u get luck say Claire no wipe off ur miserable ass frm d surface of d earth. As in eh...i tire 4 u. I no wan talk because if i start 2 dey talk eh...PamelB *ur namesake* go tire for me.

Bt i jst dey watch u. 4 ur mind all d guys dey fall 4 u, as hotcake wey u be, mtcheeeewww monkey! Yeye dey smell.

Everiday, u go kal dem, "make una come chop breakfast ooo" say ur hauz don turn Mr Biggs na.

If u gv dem food, wen dey are in nid of d 2nd food wer do u xpect dem 2 go? Pls answer dat questn 4 ursef. 4 nw i'm out....
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by OLAFIMIX(f): 3:50pm On Jan 08, 2017
[quote author=PamelB post=52610405]Olafimix, I see you bro.
I'm sorry i couldn't update yesterday. Was very busy.

See you too dear, am a lady oo
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Perfectionist11: 3:56pm On Jan 08, 2017
Nice one... kEep it up.
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by iwakacome: 4:53pm On Jan 08, 2017
Chumzypinky:
Hahahahahahahaha....yeah, i'm stubborn, u cn say dat again. And tanx 4 d dedication.

If pple do not talk, me, Chumzypinky...must talk. What kind of a foolish gal is ds 1? Eh? Where she come from sef? I no jst understand. I don try talk sense into this foolish Pamela but mba!!!! D yeye gal has refused to listen 2 me.

My pple talk say birds of the same feathers dey flock 2geda, na iron dey attract magnet no b plastic. As Pamela foolish so, na make she dey attract foolish and futureless, ambitionless human beings like her. I swear 2 God who made me, i will nt, 4 no reason wil i date someone lyk Greg, nt because he's nt hot in bed or he has a child or something like dat bt... I jst dnt like him abeg.

Pamela wisen up! Please! Wen u go get sense sef? U dnt nid 2 have so many pple around u.

1, 2, 3 persons are enof. Nt wen u have dis 1, have 1 hav anoda 1, wetin happen? U b Buhari? Wen u have so many pple around u, u're open 2 heartbreaks and betrayals, u get luck say Claire no wipe off ur miserable ass frm d surface of d earth. As in eh...i tire 4 u. I no wan talk because if i start 2 dey talk eh...PamelB *ur namesake* go tire for me.

Bt i jst dey watch u. 4 ur mind all d guys dey fall 4 u, as hotcake wey u be, mtcheeeewww monkey! Yeye dey smell.

Everiday, u go kal dem, "make una come chop breakfast ooo" say ur hauz don turn Mr Biggs na.

If u gv dem food, wen dey are in nid of d 2nd food wer do u xpect dem 2 go? Pls answer dat questn 4 ursef. 4 nw i'm out....

I kinda share your views on Pamela, her foolishness seems to be a very high graded one.
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 5:45pm On Jan 08, 2017
ArinzeAlec:

I told him how surprised i was that you do this. Funny enough, he's reading this too. Better hasten up ososo!
chamber? Reading? beta 2017 o
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Maryclaire1(f): 6:24pm On Jan 08, 2017
Pamela has suffered too much from heart break from the beginning till now embarassed biko nu PamelB help her cry .happy new year
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Chumzypinky(f): 7:00pm On Jan 08, 2017
iwakacome:

I kinda share your views on Pamela, her foolishness seems to be a very high graded one.
high graded is an understatement...dat gals own...infact, e pass Buhari own

1 Like

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 9:23pm On Jan 08, 2017
Maryclaire1:
Pamela has suffered too much from heart break from the beginning till now embarassed biko nu PamelB help her cry .happy new year
same to you dear. tanx for joining d train

1 Like

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 9:24pm On Jan 08, 2017
Perfectionist11:
Nice one... kEep it up.
tanx

1 Like

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 9:25pm On Jan 08, 2017
[quote author=OLAFIMIX post=52638898][/quote]I'm sorry dear. e kpele
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Virgin1990(m): 12:04am On Jan 09, 2017
I feel Pamela n Greg's Broda (in my opinion) will tango...... 4 good.
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Shakyroh320(f): 12:25pm On Jan 09, 2017
thankx pamela.Kip it coming
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 1:25pm On Jan 09, 2017
Greg: I bet you've already figured out why I'm choosing you over Yvonne

Me: No matter what Greg, she's the mother of your child.

Greg: I know Pamela but what kind of wife does what she do?

Me: Wait. You two are married?

Greg: We were. Till she started having an affair with Kosi.

Me: What?

He sat down on the bed and carried his head in his palms, like they were suddenly heavy for him.
I pulled out the chair beside the dressing table and sat down in expectation.

Greg: I married her when Gabriella was two. She didn't want the marriage, that's why we couldn't tie the knot before Gabriella was born. But I wanted my family to be with me, I wanted to give my daughter a good life. Yvonne accepted my proposal and we got married. It was the best day of my life because I was madly in love with her and my child.

He stood up and came to the table, looked at me and poured himself a drink before going back to his former position.

Greg: Two months into the marriage, I noticed my wife is a chain smoker. I felt devastated that she could hide such information from me and when I confronted her, she spoke in a way and manner I never expected. That was when our marriage started falling apart. She goes out and doesn't come back for days and she wouldn't care about me or Gabriella. I decided we were going to move to this place so my mum would help bring her to order but I was so wrong. We left Lagos and relocated to this place and Yvonne ended up screwing my brother right under my nose, not once, not twice and .......

Me: Do you have issues with ...... Uhm ..... I know its none of my business but do you have health issues?

He gulped down his drink and stared at me with questioning eyes.

Greg: Is that what she told you? That I can't function as a man? Who in his right senses will make love to his wife knowing that she's a cheat? I tried my very best to make her comfortable, I gave her every satisfaction she needed but .......

He stood up and made for the door. I stood up too, not knowing why I was standing.

Greg; I'm sorry I couldn't make you enjoy your short time here, but if it were in my power, things wouldn't have turned out this way. I'm sorry.

He held the door handle and smiled at me, that kind of smile you give to someone just for them to stop bugging you.

Me: Greg

Greg: Don't worry Pamela, what will be will be no matter what. If it's destined that Yvonne will never leave my life, who am I to change that?

Me: Are you both divorced now?

Greg: We divorced two years ago but we have joint custody of Gabriella.

Me: Uhm...... do you still love her?

Greg: There's only one woman that I have love for right now. She's standing here with me but sadly, we can't do anything about the love we both share. She's afraid I'm going to hurt her, she's afraid of committing herself to me. All I want to do is love her and create my future with her, to spend my eternity by her side but she's afraid. And I've got to respect her decision.

We both stood there, staring at each other. His hand left the door handle and he began to walk towards me, our eyes locked together. He was in front of me the next second and I couldn't help but breathe in his masculinity.

Greg: Let me love you dear, I promise, not to hurt you or play with your emotions anymore.

Me: Greg

Our lips bonded, crashing together with each of us struggling to get the greater taste of the other. As if he noticed my legs were beginning to fail me, he carried me to the bed and placed me gently on it, then delivered light kisses from my toe to every part of my body. I moaned out in ecstasy, not wanting the moment to come to an end.
He helped me out of my nightie and stared at my pointed ni'pples with lustful eyes. I closed my eyes, trying to remember the last time I felt pleasure between my legs.
It's been such a long time, with Williams.
The feeling of his tongue on my tips brought me back to the moment. I opened my eyes and he was looking at me, at same time, sucking on my tips like a baby.

I moaned, current flowing through my veins and hitting all parts of me. I closed my eyes again and felt his hands trail an imaginary line from my stomach down to my organ, he played with the little hair there before sliding a finger into my pu'ssy.

"ah" I moaned as he tried to put in a second finger.
He withdrew and came up to give me a kiss which I returned willingly.

Greg: Baby

I opened my eyes and looked at him, loving the man I was seeing before me.

Greg: I .....

I hushed him with a kiss, trying my best not to give away my fears. i knew it would hurt but I had to do it, to have this memory with me forever.
I tugged at his shirt and the buttons flew to different directions, exposing his hairy chest and hard darkened ni'pples. I took one into my mouth and he grunted, holding the back of my head softly.
I trailed my finger to his belt, unhooked it and found my way into his boxer, freeing the monster that was being suppressed by his jean.
He left my head and fell to the bed while I took my time to UnCloth him, admiring his elegant body while I did so.
It was obvious he took time to work out on himself, he had a beautiful body which turned me on the more.
I lowered my head to his di¢k, taking his full length into my mouth. He murmured the name of the Lord and I began to suck him in, licking the head which was leaking with precum and taking him by his full length again, his veins, growing thicker by each second.
Like a flash, he turned me over and started a slow journey from my neck to my stomach, drawing circles and straight lines in most sensitive parts.
He pushed my legs open and I shuddered, praying that he doesn't waste extra time.
He brought his head down and his beards brushed my cl!t. I moaned, holding his head and urging him to do more. He teased my cl!t with his tongue at the same time, sliding a finger into my hole.

He stopped and looked at me, holding his di¢k and stroking it with his left hand

Greg: It's going to hurt dear

What do I care? I was sure he was going to disappear before morning and I won't be able to see him before we leave so why should he care?

Greg: Baby

Me: Take me Greg

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by smokeydrinky: 1:55pm On Jan 09, 2017
PamelB, plz do u write for okadabooks? Do u have any completed story apart from alone?

Reading this is making my heart so gidi gidi.....the suspense is much mehn.. .. Who will pamela end up with? I can't wait to read til the end!!!!
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 09, 2017
PamelB:
tanx
Dis pamela gurl naa anoda version of LovePeddler,,, slept wit greg wit all matter wey full ground..., she does her thing in dream world,., the only reason am nt in palema sex dairy yet is palmB neva pen us to meet,,, when we meet palema go fall as usual n av wil av my share of national cake ,,,she sabi wilden her leg fr anytin call man... dis greg guy go knows tobe ,,tobe knws william,.friends circle.
PamelB pls friction me into palema life ,,by d time am thru wit her she go relocate go jerusalem,,unlike tobe my name is TOBI.. okunrin meta n half grin grin
Nice work bae,,, more ink to ur pen
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 8:55pm On Jan 09, 2017
smokeydrinky:
PamelB, plz do u write for okadabooks? Do u have any completed story apart from alone?

Reading this is making my heart so gidi gidi.....the suspense is much mehn.. .. Who will pamela end up with? I can't wait to read til the end!!!!
tanx dear and no, I don't have any finished work apart from alone(for now)
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Tgold1(m): 10:36pm On Jan 09, 2017
ericsmith:

Dis pamela gurl naa anoda version of LovePeddler,,, slept wit greg wit all matter wey full ground..., she does her thing in dream world,., the only reason am nt in palema sex dairy yet is palmB neva pen us to meet,,, when we meet palema go fall as usual n av wil av my share of national cake ,,,she sabi wilden her leg fr anytin call man... dis greg guy go knows tobe ,,tobe knws william,.friends circle.
PamelB pls friction me into palema life ,,by d time am thru wit her she go relocate go jerusalem,,unlike tobe my name is TOBI.. okunrin meta n half grin grin
Nice work bae,,, more ink to ur pen

Namesake, I am seeing you ooo
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Chumzypinky(f): 7:17am On Jan 10, 2017
Wat shuld i say? I'm jst speechless
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 10, 2017
Tgold1:

Namesake, I am seeing you ooo

I feel yu bro .... #one luv o jere
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Maryclaire1(f): 8:49am On Jan 10, 2017
Pamela problem Is that she falls in love too quickly and falls out quickly...HABA
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by krislamberteze(m): 10:20am On Jan 10, 2017
getting pissed the story no want end
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by ladysunshine94(f): 12:42pm On Jan 10, 2017
Wow!! Am disappointed in pamela imagine, na evritin for trouser u go open leg giv? I tire oh
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 9:06pm On Jan 10, 2017
I felt someone cuddle me and I opened my eyes slowly, the morning sun stealing into the room through the raised blinds.

Greg: Morning honey.

He was still here? He didn't leave?
I turned and I was facing him. He had a warm smile and his hair looked rough, after effects of last night I guess.

Greg: You mind breakfast in bed?

I couldn't figure out the right words to say. I just moped, confused and surprised at same time.

Greg: Baby?

Me: Greg, I think you should leave now.

Greg: Why?

He sat up and the bedspread fell off, exposing his morning wood.
I raised the bedspread, covering my half exposed bosoms.

Greg: Don't tell me you still have doubts after what we shared last night

Me: Not everyone who has sex goes into a relationship afterwards. Whatever we had was just for the moment.

Greg: What?

He stood up, not minding his nak€dness.

Greg: Pamela did you just say that? Don't give me the impression that you can go to bed with .....

Me: Save yourself the stress Greg. I was just trying to make a point.

He breathed out and picked his boxer, putting them on and maintaining eye contact with me.

Greg: What are you made of? Free yourself from whatever insecurity you're having. Don't ruin your life because of your stubbornness.

Me: I'm not stubborn or insecure.

Greg: You are. Maybe later you'll still tell me it's experience that made you who you are. Who doesn't have a story? At a point, we've all experienced something harsh so stop trying to make yourself the only victim of love gone bad.

His words pricked me hard and the tears started forming behind my ears. TRUTH! How hard and how much it hurts.

Greg: You keep blocking every good deed I've tried to come up with, you keep thinking I'm not good enough for you, you keep thinking I'll do the same thing they did to you. Pamela if you remain insecure, when will you meet the so called right man for you? You know what? I'm done here, suit ......

I broke down, stopping him midway. He allowed me to cry, using that time to dress up and raise the rest of the blinds.

Greg: Put something on let's go downstairs for breakfast. I believe everyone is waiting for us.

Me: I'm ...... I'm not hungry.

Greg: Really? It's okay if you're not. For me, I'm starving.

He left the room without throwing me another glance. I wiped my tear, wondering how stupid I had become. I got down and put on my nightie from the night before and walked to the window. It was a good sight cause it had a beautiful scenery.
I stood there for a while and decided to hit the shower, I didn't want to keep Amber and Harry waiting, just like I did the day we left for this place.
Just as I left the window, a knock came and the door swung open. Greg walked in, followed by a house help. She was carrying a tray which she dropped on the bedside stool and left, closing the door behind her.
I looked at Greg who was looking at me in return and I was tempted to laugh.

Greg: You should eat something okay? What am I saying? We're eating together.

Me: Can we at least, talk before eating?

Greg: If you say so my lady.

He sat down and I followed, sitting beside him on the bed which we had left unmade.

Me: Greg.…..

Greg; Before you start, let me apologise for what I said some minutes back. I'm sorry, didn't mean to make you cry or ....

Me: No Greg. You said the right thing, it was the truth and somehow, I was meant to hear them. I'm also tired of myself. I failed myself, I failed my friends and they failed me in return. I just wish I can turn the hands of time and start afresh. Sometimes, when I look back at the beautiful life I had years ago in school, I ask God to rewind the earth so I can make the right choices. Greg, I'm tired.

Greg: Exactly what I'm saying. We all have our stories. A lot of people create a beautiful life out of whatever ruins their story made of them but some foolish ones let their stories break them. Look at you, praying to have the ability to turn back the hands of time when you're still young. If you clock fifty, what will you now pray for?

He turned properly and made me face him, then he held my hands.

Greg: You're a beautiful woman, you've got everything life has to offer in its goodness. Why the hell do you need a turn back? I always pray that I'll be able to grow old because its a blessing. Why pause nature? Baby, you need to break free, comr out of that web and embrace life. You're a light drinker, you don't smoke, you don't have a tattoo so why pray to rewind? I don't intend to talk much but then, I want you to be better than this woman that spoke nonsense to me first thing this morning.

6 Likes

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Chumzypinky(f): 9:23pm On Jan 10, 2017
Lol. I stil dnt lyk Greg...
Maybe ds tym its goin 2 b Amber betrayin u. I'l so laff u eh....u neve chi chumchin...
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 9:35pm On Jan 10, 2017
I smiled, slapping his shoulder lightly.

Greg: Wait a minute, are you a bully?

Me: If I were one, you won't be sitting down here, trust me.

Greg: Aha! Let the ancestors be praised. The food is getting cold.

While I laughed, he got up and drew the stool to where I was, carefully opening the dishes. White rice and tomato sauce.

Greg: We missed coffee, all thanks to you.

Me: And I know you don't wanna miss this one, because you're so not eating this food if you don't shut your mouth.

Greg: The evil Queen. I knew you were the Nigerian Morgana all along but it won't work for you. If I don't eat this, you won't eat it too.

Me: Hells. I'm hungry so ......

Greg; Goodness me, but some moments ago, you gave me this I'm not hungry response. You should be grateful I'm in love with you, if not, I would have had breakfast upstairs while you'll be here, forming angry birds.

I laughed heartily, feeling at peace with myself again.
We ate, cracking jokes and yabbing each other. He was good in everything and I didn't regret falling for him.

Greg: Good. So tell me, was it love at first sight or love at second sight or ?

Me: What are you saying?

Greg: Dummy. I'm asking you when you fell in love with me.

Me: Oh! It's probably the day we got here.

Greg: Liar. Mogana you're lying.

Me: I'm serious.

Greg: Hmmm. What if I tell you that you fell in love with me the day we met at shoprite?

Me: Oops. You failed

Greg: Then its love at first sight.

Me: Maybe.

Greg: Tell me about it.

He crossed his legs like he were in a cinema and that got me laughing, at his display of childishness.

Me: There's nothing to talk about. Girls don't disclose their innermost secrets.

Greg: Then I'll tell you mine, stingy Morgana.

Me: Yes please, I'm all ears.

His words flew, as he recalled that fateful day like it was yesterday. How he didn't notice me till I reminded him to tell the driver my location, how he had to pretend to be a customer at Chitis just so he could talk to me, how he was disappointed when I left without telling him a word about me, even after he helped me from the agbero guy.

Me: Since I didn't do it, what stopped you?

Greg: It wasn't my day I guess, I lost my mum that day, remember?

I nodded and allowed the silence to hang over the room.

Me: I need to see Amber so I'll know what time we'll be leaving.

Greg: Okay, but I'll really want you to stay back for a couple of days, please.

Me: Your offer is tempting but ......

Greg: Come one please, just two days, or maybe four.

Me: I'll think about it as we go downstairs.

Greg: Good. But first things first, I need to introduce you to Gabriella, she asked after the aunty who ran upstairs last night.

Me: For real?

Greg: Come, let's not waste much time. You need to get accustomed to a whole lot of things

7 Likes

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Shakyroh320(f): 9:47pm On Jan 10, 2017
Pamel,please why
does pamela always has a rival weneva it comes to men,can't she just have her own and personal guy without others having interest in her guy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by bim2: 10:32pm On Jan 10, 2017
I really enjoy your write up
Thanks
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Chumzypinky(f): 11:52am On Jan 11, 2017
I laff 4 Pamela... She go suffer eh... E neva chi chumchin...
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Maryclaire1(f): 2:03pm On Jan 11, 2017
I just pray Greg is for real this time...well done ma'am

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (33) (Reply)

King Maha Vajiralongkorn And His 20 Girlfriends In Hotel During Lockdown / Does My Ex Boyfriend Miss Me After The Breakup / Me And My Boss Wife (sex Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.