Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,897 members, 7,798,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. - Romance (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. (192794 Views)

What's The craziest Thing Someone Has Ever Done For You Out Of Love? / At The Valley Of Decisions / Love Letter (clash Of Love)season 1, Episode 5,6,7,8,9,10 Story By Samuel Odamah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Vickiey192(f): 10:43pm On Feb 11, 2017
Please when should we be expecting some updates
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 9:21am On Feb 13, 2017
Tobe: You girls are late. It's past 7.

Lois: trust me, we're so sorry guys. Pamela had little health issues so ........

Greg was beside me that instant. He looked at me with care

Greg: What happened baby?

Me: It's my stomach. But I'm fine now.

Now don't think that's true because we had agreed we'll give them that as the reason why we had delayed.

William: You girls should have called us. We were worried, plus you weren't taking your calls.

Amber: We're sorry.

They were at the bar waiting for us. Tobe, his girlfriend, Harry, William and Greg

Harry: Don't just put us in this situation next time. Learn to involve all of us because we're a team now. Learn to trust us to be by your side you get?

I nodded and sat down next to William.

Lois: Where's Leonard?

Everyone turned their attention to her. I also turned to her, she had this look on her face like she was going to tear up the next minute.

William: Lois, come here.

There was love in his voice and he had his eyes fixed on Lois.
She smiled, but I could see uncertainty in her eyes.

Lois: Isn't this supposed to be a meeting? We're all supposed to be here isn't that true William? Where's your friend?

And now, she cried. I went to her and embraced her while Amber stood with us.

Lois: He left, without even apologising, without looking back he just up and left. Who does that?

Me: Pull yourself together dear.

Lois: Look at me Pamela just look ....

Sally: Eddy, don't tell me this is how you survive around this drama queens. It's so disgusting.

Silence fell amongst us. Even Lois stopped crying. The guys all looked at Tobe while I had my eyes fixed on the loudmouth that just spoke.

Sally: I'll be in our room please

Amber: You're not going anywhere until you explain what's really disgusting here.

Sally: Is she talking to me? Eddy like seriously, is she talking to me?

Amber; Of course I'm talking to you.

Harry went to her.

Harry: Baby let it go. Come let's .....

Amber: Baby no. If I don't talk to her now, she'll believe we've got no rules around

Sally: You're just hopeless. And do you think i plan on doing this clique rubbish?

I saw Tobe stiffen and look at the girl.

Amber: Says the girl who nobody likes. Let me give you a quick rundown of who you are. Your case is what I'll call a retirement study. You're carrying yourself like you're one classy bae but guess what, you're nothing. Tobe will choose anyone of us drama Queens over you, anytime.

Sally: Shut up you....

Amber: No you shut up silly. And you Lois, this is the good for nothing lady you bought gifts for. Didn't I tell you two, she's a bit¢h. A......

Harry: That's enough. What are you two? Ten year olds? This is embarrassing. Amber I'm disappointed. There are things you don't reply, words you don't say. Someone who wasn't there when we started, how do you expect her to understand the kind of bond we share?

He looked at Sally who's face was red.

Harry: I understand that you may have issues bonding with people but hey, we don't use curse words here. Anyone who is not cool here should take a walk. Meeting starts in exactly one hour.

He walked out without looking back. Silence hung in the air until Lois's sob broke it.

William: Lois? Can you not do that?

Lois; I love him

William: Who doesn't know that?

Amber: Some people don't. When some think that relationships are about hanging around your partner, letting him stroke your hair and not relating nicely with his friends, they don't know what love is.

Me: Amber please let it just go.

Amber: Why? Didn't I tell you girls? You bought what in heaven's name for her yet she......

Greg: Girls please. What is this?

Amber: Ask the spoiler.

Sally: You're stupid. You call me a spoiler? You're so screwed.

Tobe: Sally that's enough. These people are my friends for God's sake. You should be bonding with these girls and not fighting them. I told you these before didn't I? What? You still feel threatened by Pamela's presence when you're seeing her with her boyfriend here? Tell me, what is wrong with you?

Greg came to Lois and I, he helped her up and signalled for us to go inside. Amber joined us, leaving the couple to sort themselves out.

We walked out of the bar and headed to the lobby where we saw him walking in. He had his big box with him and it was clear he changed his mind. Lois left my arms and ran to him, jumping on him as he caught her, wrapping his arms around her.

Greg: William said it, that he was gonna come back.

Me: I didn't think so. But I'm glad he came back.

They walked to us and the first thing I did was to punch his shoulder.

Me: Try this expensive joke on us again and I'll kill you.

Leonard: I'm sorry. Forgive me.

Greg: you did the right thing man.

Leonard: Thanks

Amber: So, I've got an apology to give to my boyfriend. I'll see you all soon.

Me: Alright then

Amber: Lois, smile now please.

We laughed and she left.

Me: Uhm, baby can you take Lois upstairs? I need to speak with Leo

Greg: Okay. Cry cry baby, it's the two of us now so come on.

They left, after Lois had communicated with me using her eyes.

Me: I'm glad you came back.

Leonard; I'm also glad I did. I would have ended up committing suicide.

Me: hmmm. Why?

Leonard: I'll still leave. But this time, I'll leave after I've done the right thing. Come, let's go and see the others. Did the meeting start without me?

Me: of course not. You're the secretary so why should a meeting start without the secretary?

He laughed as we walked to the elevator. Our happy ending is coming afterall

9 Likes

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Chumzypinky(f): 2:56pm On Feb 13, 2017
Long time miss
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Tgold1(m): 12:15am On Feb 14, 2017
This storey..... When, OK I reserve my comment
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by bim2: 12:19am On Feb 14, 2017
We missed you here Pamelb.
You just abandoned us...
No do dat again ohhh

As per the write up
Superb as always
More ink in your pen
Thanks a bunch
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by princessadeola(f): 10:43am On Feb 14, 2017
Welcome back
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by sarz(m): 8:05am On Feb 17, 2017
Jusk keep on suspending us eh...nyx wuk
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by orisunmi(f): 10:07pm On Feb 20, 2017
Pamela Weldone you are doing a great job, but why delaying the updates
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Shakyroh320(f): 5:50am On Feb 21, 2017
orisunmi:
Pamela Weldone you are doing a great job, but why delaying the updates
it seems, Pamela is very busy, please take your time, don't rush it so that we will enjoy it to the fullest
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by sholai(f): 10:21am On Feb 21, 2017
pamela can i have your website address? thank you.

PamelB:
I'd never being this satisfied in my entire life. Tobe and I were officially together, school was becoming more fun as almost all the girls envied me, wanted to be me. Hell. I was dating the son of the vice chancellor, the cute guy every girl wanted to be with. Hmmm.

Things wouldn't get better. He's found us a better apartment which happened to be a two bedroom flat, each room with it's own bathroom, a big sitting room, an awesome kitchen and a cool sitout. Franca had whined and complained about how we were going to be spending more going to school and coming home but I cared less. Who sigh? My boyfriend won't make sure I lack money. I was living in paradise just three weeks after he had asked me out, jocularly.

Some days after we'd settled down in our new apartment, we were in the kitchen, making spaghetti when the big discussion came.

Franca: So what plans do you have already?

I looked up from where I was slicing Irish potatoes.

Me: Plans about what?

Franca: Tobe and yourself.

I smiled. I've learnt to smile each time Tobe's name was called. That was how much I had fallen in love with him.

Franca: Quit being dramatic joor.

Me: Maybe you should rephrase.

Franca: See this girl, you think I'm joking with you?

Me: I know you're serious. But I'm yet to figure out the plans you're talking about.

She dropped the knife she had and came closer to where I was standing.

Franca: We've being friends for years. You better not start hiding stuffs from me now o. Not because of Tobechukwu o.

Me: Ahn Ahn. Stop nau. Okay. We're very serious and I love him a lot. He's everything I've dreamt of and wanted in a man.

Franca: Ewww.

I frowned at her and she smacked me playfully.

Franca: Kidding. Sex yet?

Me: A little romance here and there. Maybe he's not ready for sex.

Franca: Or maybe it's you who's not.

I shrugged my shoulders.

Franca: Either ways, just be careful. You can't trust men this days.

Me: I hear. But you trust Charles.

Franca: Mine is different.

Me: Same here. Mine is different.

Franca: Fine. Let's get back to the food. I'm starving.

She went back to chopping the tomatoes. I was sure I had seen something in her eyes but I couldn't place it. I just couldn't.

I shrugged it off and continued with what I was doing.

The dinning was quiet as we ate. I had gotten used to saying something while I ate. Franca was busy on her phone, any discussion I brought up, she'd give it a straight answer immediately and go back to whatever she was doing with her phone.

I picked up my phone and called Tobe. At least, I'll try to engage him in a discussion while I ate.

Tobe: Queency

Me: My love. How're you?

Tobe; I'm alright. Just missing you a lot.

Me: I miss you too dear. I'm eating and felt I should engage you in....

Tobe: Nope. You felt I should engage you right.

I laughed. Which ever way, he was right.

Tobe: How's FranC (he now called her name like it was Francee)

Me: She's fine. Do I hand her the phone?

i peeked at Franca and she waved her hand in a "no"

Tobe: But you just said you were eating? I'll talk to her later in the evening okay?

Me: Okay my dear. Tomorrow is Friday, mind if I come?

Tobe: Sure. I'll get the house ready for my princess.

Me: Please do.

Tobe: I love you Pamela, more than life itself.

Me: I love you Tobechukwu, my Prince in shinning armour.

We both giggled and hung up. I turned to Franca. Was it tears I saw at the edges of her eyes?
She caught me staring at her.

Franca: I'll be inside my room
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by heemah(f): 10:34am On Feb 21, 2017
sholai:

Must you now quote the whole update? Haba!!
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Chumzypinky(f): 2:43pm On Feb 21, 2017
sholai:

what is wrong with you?
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Vickiey192(f): 10:12pm On Feb 23, 2017
More updates please
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Daisyben(f): 10:19pm On Feb 23, 2017
Pam come update nau..abeggie
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Shakyroh320(f): 4:24pm On Feb 27, 2017
Pamela hope all is well?
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Tgold1(m): 6:07pm On Feb 27, 2017
pamelb what's up? hope all is well..? missed you and we gonna try to understand!!! but don't be long, *tete wale* (in adekunle voice).
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 11:13pm On Feb 28, 2017
Two hours and counting, we were still talking. We had gone up to Harry's room and that's where the meeting was taking place. Lois and I were sitting on the soft rug, Amber and William were on the bed, Harry was sitting on a single sofa, Greg was on top the dressing table, Leonard, Tobe and his babe sat on a couch.

William had started first, thanking everyone for attending his party. Then he told us the reason for the meeting; us.

Harry picked up from there, and without mincing words, started rubbing our sins to our faces. He spared no one, not even his babe or the new chick. Leonard and I got most of his talks directed at. He spoke like he had written everything down and was waiting for the right time to say them.

Amber apologised for the times she had done wrong, Tobe also did that. I didn't have much to say except apologise to the people I had wronged. Everyone had something to say except Leonard who remained silent all through.

Harry: So, I hope we'll bond properly from now?

Greg: Definitely.

Tobe: Let's all go down for a drink then.

Leonard: uhm..... Guys, can I say something?

William: How I waited to hear that

Everyone settled down and looked at him expectantly.

Leonard: I know without been told that I'm the reason for this meeting.

He looked at every one of us with a smile.

Leonard: What I did is enough reason for a million meetings to be called amongst us and I'm deeply sorry about it. I was selfish and it was wrong. I wanted more, just to please my flesh. That action of mine has caused me to hate myself everyday. I feel so ashamed of myself that I can't look at myself in the mirror.

He stood up and towered above all of us in the ropm, then he lowered himself till his knees were on the rug. Everyone looked at him in awe and embarrassment.

Leonard: While I sought for peace with my conscience, I realised that I was only lusting after Pamela. I just wanted her, forgetting that we'd all shared good and bad times together. I realised I had one person that evades my thoughts all day, I refused it, I denied it, because I was scared she now hates me for what I had done.

He knee walked to Lois and myself and squatted a bit, looking at both of us lovingly.

Leonard: You two are great and I'm sorry for what I did, for the feud I caused between the two of you. Forgive me please.

He held Lois's hand and I stood up and gave them space, sitting beside Amber who was tearing up already.

Leonard: Baby, I'm so sorry, find a place in your heart to forgive me. I took you for granted, I took your love for granted when all you ever did was show me love. Yes, I know I don't deserve your forgiveness but .....

Lois: Please stop.

Her voice was calm as a drop of tear followed.

Lois: What matters is that you've realised your mistake and won't do them anymore.

Leonard; Thanks a lot dear. But please, do you still love me?

Lois: Oh don't! Don't put me in this situation where I'm tied down to ......

Leonard: No please. I promise, I'm never gonna hurt you anymore, I promise.

The room became silent as none of them said anymore word. Seconds seemed like hours as we both looked on to see who would make the first move.

5 Likes

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by OkoAnike(m): 6:21am On Mar 01, 2017
PamelB, I know it's not easy combining our normal life with the fun and entertaining people on this platform, it's take a whole lot of sacrifice to put up such...

But PamelB, sincerely I 've the interest and the vibe of reading this story...
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by heemah(f): 8:08am On Mar 01, 2017
Welcome back PamelB. We miss u kiss kiss kiss
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 10:38am On Mar 01, 2017
Amber: Ain't we supposed to be popping something right now? Guys, let's go down please.

I knew she wanted us to leave the couple to catch up and talk more.

Me: Yea. Let's go.

I signalled to Greg and Tobe and slowly, we filed out of the room, leaving the love birds behind.

Greg: Baby, we wanna get something in town, we'll be right back.

Me: And by we?

Harry: Greg, Eddy, William and of course, my very humble self.

Amber: Humble? Hmmm

Harry: I've always been, baby.

Me: Alright. You guys better hurry up, I'll love a plate of icecream please.

I saw Greg and Harry exchange looks and I was tempted to ask questions.

Me: What?

William: Babe eh, you're gonna look bigger than all of us with this your quest for junk. Easy.

Me: I don't know what you're saying but you guys better not come back here without my ice cream.

Amber: I wonder what you all are going to get anyways.

Greg kissed me and they all hurried off, leaving Amber and I with the loudmouth.

Me: Wait a minute, you sure they don't wanna pay us back in our own coin? It's past ten for God's sake.

Amber: I see you don't wanna sleep alone. They can walk for trump for all I care, me, I'm hungry so I'm going to the restaurant.

Me: Alright then. I'll go with you.

We turned to leave and Sally spoke up

Sally: Uhm, can I tag along?

Amber turned to her with a wicked grin and I shifted, ready to watch the next episode of their movie

Amber: Na me you dey follow talk? The drama queens eh?

Sally: Look, we're matured enough to settle things amicably among ourselves. Let's settle this please.

Amber: Settle what? Okay, let's say we settle things, we iron out things, I still can't flow with you. I don't like you.

Sally: That hurts

Amber:That was the intention. You said just few hours ago that you won't do the clique thing, so why the urge to settle?

Me:Is your relationship on the line?

She looked at me and went back to Amber.

Sally: Amber, you and ......

Amber: Did you just do that? You gave my friend a fool's treatment? What tha f

She walked out and I heaved a sigh. I felt insulted and embarrassed. I hated being ignored and this lady in front of me just did that.

Me: I don't know what issues you have with me but let me just say it now, in case there's a next time, insult me or say anything to me than ignoring me. I can go to a grave length for that.

Sally; Really?

Me: If you feel your relationship won't stand because I'm still present and functional in Eddy's life, then get ready to take a walk.

Sally: I'm not going anywhere. I won't let you get back with my man.

Me: I'm not interested anyways. I had him when he was worth the trouble, not now. Deal with your thoughts babe. Eddy and I are inseparable, you can't beat that.

I left her and walked out, meeting Amber at the restaurant where we ordered dinner, eating silently. We finished and Amber asked for a bottle of wine. We were pouring into our glasses when the talk started.

Amber; That girl will end up ruining Tobe, I swear.

Me: I'm not going to pray for that. But why can't he go for ladies who'll understand his kind of person and be willing to stay with us.

Amber: Karma. Karma is dealing him blows now for all he did to you

Me: Not like he did it on purpose, and besides that, he's sorry.

Amber: Allow me to have peace tonight. What's my business anyways with if his relationships are blessed or not?

Me: He's our friend Amber.

Amber: I know

A call came to her phone and she picked it after mouthing "Harry".

Amber: They're back. They'll be here in a while.

Me: Alright. You can have your drink then while I anticipate my icecream

Amber: You're sure you ain't pregnant?

I laughed, throwing my head backwards.

Me: Do I look pregnant?

Amber: No. But you eat pregnant.

We both laughed, drowning the anger that had followed us to the restaurant.
The guys walked in and our table was filled immediately. Typical guys, they came in with noise and attention.

William: Did we miss anything?

Me: Nah. But the love birds are yet to come down.

Amber: They're making babies so .......

Tobe: Babies, right! Pamela when is yours coming?

Me: Oh please. I've got a princess already. Next one will come when our princess asks for one.

Harry: Greg, get me to speak with Gab immediately

Everyone laughed and Greg gave me a bucket of icecream.
I opened it and scooped the first spoon into my mouth, closing my eyes and savouring the strawberry taste.

Greg: I doubt if you can finish that.

Me: There's a fridge in our room.

Harry: Foody

Amber: She's pregnant.

I ignored them while they laughed heartily. I took in spoons after spoons of my ice cream, ignoring their taunting and silly comments till I felt something in my mouth after I had spooned a good portion into my mouth.

Me: What the ........

Droping whatever it was in my palm, I gasped in shock and everyone turned to me. I looked at Greg and he had this cute smile on his face.

Me: Yes! Yes, I'll marry you.

4 Likes

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Chumzypinky(f): 11:00am On Mar 01, 2017
Did he propose to u b4 screaming "You do?" wats wrong with dis gal sef? U jst saw a ring and you're shouting, yes! I'll marry you. Screw you
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by katchycouture(f): 11:08am On Mar 01, 2017
Chumzypinky:
Did he propose to u b4 screaming "You do?" wats wrong with dis gal sef?
U jst saw a ring and you're shouting, yes! I'll marry you. Screw you

Madam take it easy na. ....That is what love does besides what else could the ring be for??
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 12:11pm On Mar 01, 2017
Chumzypinky:
when love hits you, you'll understand how this things work
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Chumzypinky(f): 2:26pm On Mar 01, 2017
PamelB:
when love hits you, you'll understand how this things work
eh-hen? Tell me something? So wat are you trying to say? That love is yet to hit me bah? Ewo! I go love oo
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Chumzypinky(f): 2:27pm On Mar 01, 2017
katchycouture:

Madam take it easy na. ....That is what love does besides what else could the ring be for??
lol, dont mind me jhor. I just dont like this Pamela gal for anything in d world, forgive me
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 01, 2017
Chumzypinky:

mummy pinky, kamdan grin
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Chumzypinky(f): 4:50pm On Mar 01, 2017
khalifahsparkles:

mummy pinky, kamdan grin
lol, u know say my own dey my body
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 10:38pm On Mar 01, 2017
I didn't want that moment to end. Amber had called Lois and she had walked down with Leonard, both of them grinning from ear to ear. Everyone at the restaurant were congratulating Greg and I. I felt special, I felt fulfilled.

When it was finally time for the ring to be slipped into my finger, I was full of tears. Finally!
Pictures were climbing phones as each of my friends tried to get the best of the moment.

This was that turn around I've been waiting for all my life. It came without much hurdle. Nothing good comes easy but to me, Greg came to me on a platter of gold.

Celebration continued till 2am when I decided it was tym Greg and I had a "me" time.

Greg: Alright bae, give me five minutes to check our room.

I nodded and he left me with a peck. The nearest person to me was the loudmouth so I just started going to Lois. Tobe stopped me midway and enveloped me in a hug.

Tobe: I'm happy for you.

Me: Thanks dear.

Tobe: Can I get a little time wit you? If you don't mind huh?

Me: Okay.

We walked out of the restaurant, with me,holding my already melted ice cream and my phone.

We stopped at a corridor and balanced on the railing.

Tobe: How time flies, very soon, your wedding bell will be ringing.

I smiled and took a spoon of the ice cream.

Me: I still can't believe how lucky I am.

He nodded.

Tobe: Greg is a nice guy. You're in safe hands, tryst me

Me: Thanks

Tobe: So I wanna apologise for what happened between us. I wasn't the right man for you but trust me, I'm glad we didn't end up together.

My face narrowed and I looked at him.

Tobe: i wouldn't have given you this happiness. You won't be happy this much.

I heaved a sigh of relief and continued with my ice cream

Me: Its okay. You should also know that the past will never come between our friendship now

Tobe: Thanks dear

Me: You're welcome. And hey, talk to your babe, we don't do her kinda thing here.

Tobe: I'll talk to her. Thanks for not lashing out on her yet

We both laughed and walked back inside.

That night, while Greg took me, I had time to bask in the moment, asking him to love me with everything he had. We had gone on and on, exploring each other's body like it was our last time.
Come tomorrow morning, I'm calling my dad to give him the good news.
After several attempts on love, he needs to know that his daughter is getting married soon.

*The end*

16 Likes

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by alarmednigerian: 11:44pm On Mar 01, 2017
OMG! The end bawo? What a beautiful story....stumbled on it today and finished it.....my word what a story....more grease to your elbow and am eagerly waiting for your next story.
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Daisyben(f): 12:03am On Mar 02, 2017
Nice work dearie Its u all d way
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Nobody: 12:57am On Mar 02, 2017
Pamela biko end kwa...u wan play us wayo bah tis unfair o!!! Nice as always tho, chilling patiently for ur nxt write up.
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by shurley22(f): 9:58am On Mar 02, 2017
FlawesomE:
Pamela biko end kwa...u wan play us wayo bah tis unfair o!!!
Nice as always tho, chilling patiently for ur nxt write up.

Same here oh...it's just can't end like that oh
Waiting.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

King Maha Vajiralongkorn And His 20 Girlfriends In Hotel During Lockdown / Does My Ex Boyfriend Miss Me After The Breakup / Me And My Boss Wife (sex Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.