Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,488 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. (192823 Views)

What's The craziest Thing Someone Has Ever Done For You Out Of Love? / At The Valley Of Decisions / Love Letter (clash Of Love)season 1, Episode 5,6,7,8,9,10 Story By Samuel Odamah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 10:18am On Sep 19, 2016
He was holding Stacy on the neck, like he wanted to strangle her.

Tobe: You don't call my girlfriend names, not in my presence. Did you get that?

Stacy who had tears in her eyes nodded and the tears began to fall. He dropped her like she was paper and started walking to Franca whose eyes were now wide in shock.
I had to intervene. No matter what, she's still my friend, I don't know what they had said to him that got him that angry but I won't let him hurt her.

I doubled my steps and was right on time between him and Franca.

Me: Baby wait.

Tobe: Pamel, please get out of the way.

Me: We can settle this thing amicably without anybody getting hurt. Please.

Tobe: Do you know what they said? You won't be begging on her behalf if you know.

Me: Tobe, let......

He pushed me aside and stepped closer to Franca. She bent her head and started sobbing.

Tobe: I'm disappointed. Even if everyone is speaking ill of her, you should stand with her no matter what because you've known her all your life, but no. You chose to join this scallywag here to tell me to my face that my girlfriend is......

He slammed his palm on his forehead and continued

Tobe: You have a boyfriend, long before I met Pamela yet you want to ruin our relationship. Why would you let yourself fall for me? You even said it to her face. You're so shameless. Now, you've replaced her with someone you don't even know, this thing here? Franca you're disgusting and just know you've lost all the respect I had for you.

He turned and walked back to Stacy who was still sobbing and clutching on her neck.

Tobe: If I wake up and see you in this house, you won't like what I'll do to you.

He walked past her and entered my room. I picked up our food which he had dropped on the floor and entered the kitchen.

I didn't know Tobe to be this violent, to a woman at that. I know I don't like Stacy because she took my place but then, Tobe shouldn't have tried to strangle her. I put the plate of food in the microwave and when it became hot, I took it out and went to my room with it. Tobe was sitting on the bed now. He had undressed and placed his clothes gently on the chair.

Me: I didn't know you had another side to....

Tobe: I'm sorry babe. I think my temper got a stronger hold on me. I'm very sorry.

I dropped the tray on the table and locked my door. I sat down beside him and he held my hands.

Tobe: I love you Pamela and I couldn't just listen to them say all those things against you. They....

I placed my lips on his and savoured his sweet taste in a kiss. He kissed me back like he had being waiting for it. We broke off shortly and looked at each other.

Me: I love you.

Tobe: I love you too baby.

I smiled and we shared a hug.

Tobe: Let's go and shower. Its late already.

I woke up the next morning with a heavy banging on my head. Memories of last night came back and I started smiling like a fool. He had taken me from behind in the shower, then we came out and ate, then he had made me ride him, then he had flipped me around and fu'cked me very hard, asking me to scream his name and tell him how I felt.

I smiled again when u heard water splashing in the bathroom, then I knew he was taking his bath. A look at my phone said it was 9:39. I relaxed, knowing that I only had one lecture for the day and it was a borrowed course.

He came out shortly and gave me a kiss.

Me: I've not brushed o.

Tobe: That's the fun of it. Good morning.

Me: Morning. You woke up late. Think you'll make it to school?

Tobe: Nope. I'll just go there, pick some stuffs from friends and go home. What about you?

Me: Hmm hmm. I need to work on this room. I've got a lot to do, all thanks to you.

He chuckled and started dressing up while I watched him

Tobe: If shopping for you and asking that you look good is a lot of work, I'll love to do more than that. You need a carpenter?

Me: Yes please.

Tobe: Then get ready. I'll drive you to a good one.

Me: Alright

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 11:12am On Sep 19, 2016
At exactly 6:30pm, I was done with my room. The carpenter was a good one. He had widened my wardrobe, fixed my curtains, painted my room. While he worked, I had gone to the market, bought new bedspreads (different shades of pink and white), extra curtains and every other thing I felt I needed. By the time we were through, my room was like that of Barbie. Of course I paid him handsomely and he was happy, asking me to call on him once I needed something to be repaired.
Now, I smiled in satisfaction as I watched my room from the door. I had accomplished one aim, next was to start making friends and I would start immediately, but for the main time, I'll be crashing in the sitting room till my room is ready for launching. I took my bath and went into the kitchen. I quickly made noodles and settled down in the sitting room to eat my first meal for the day. I felt relaxed. There was nothing more satisfactory than knowing you are self contented. I was already halfway into my meal when Franca and Flord came in. I greeted them and Flord responded in his usual friendly manner while Franca hissed and went into her room.

Flord sat down beside me and we started a conversation immediately.

Flord: You didn't tell me when you came back yesterday.

Me: I'm so sorry. Things weren't the way I expected so I just had to wait for today cause I knew you'd come around.

Flord: It's alright. So what's with you and Franca?

Me: I should be asking you that.

Flord: How? What do you mean?

I didn't speak. I just continued with my meal. When I was done, I dropped my plate and turned to him.

Me: How could you be so selfish. I thought Charles was your best friend?

Flord: Yes?

Me: Then why did you get involved with Franca?

He wasn't expecting my question so he opened his mouth in shock.

Me: There are lots of girls in this school, you would have simply gone for one, yet you chose your best friend's girl. That is so.....

Franca: I wonder what business of yours that is.

I looked at her, she was tying only her towel and had this wicked look on her face.
She stepped fully into the sitting room and walked straight to me.

Franca: You should learn to mind your own business.

I stood up and faced her. Is this the girl I've known for years? How come I don't know her anymore? What had happened to her sweet side? Why did she change all of a sudden?

I picked up my plate and walked away, not wanting to raise more dusts. I washed off the dishes immediately and came back to the sitting room. She was sitting on Flord's legs and they were saying something I didn't hear.

I sat down, picked my phone and logged in to my WhatsApp. There were messages from the pub admin groups, from Lois, my course rep, then from my mum.
My course rep was asking that I call her that she had something to tell me.

Lois was a girl of my age, she was chocolate like me but more beautiful. I was taller than her with a foot or thereabout. She was intelligent but I'm sure I would beat her anytime. She was also very classy since her mum was a member of the house of representative in her town. We had never gone past the "hi" and now, she was asking that I call.

I dialled her number immediately and she picked.
I left the sitting room and went to the sit out.

Me: Hello.

Lois: Hi Pamel. How're you?

Me: I'm good. You....

Lois: Yes. Forgive me. I would have called but I'm having issues with mtn that's why I asked that you call me.

Me: Oh. This mtn crew sef.

Lois: Bunch of fools. Once my subscription for this month ends, I'll just switch to another network.

I smiled at the voice in which she said it.

Lois: Let me not bore you with my long talk shaa. Can I see you? Maybe in school tomorrow.

Me: Is there any problem?

Lois: Ehm not really. I trust its something you can handle.

Me: I'm a very curious person. Please tell me now.

Lois: Alright. But you should know, I'm not one to encroach on people's private lives but I've observed you for a while now and you're a very nice person, just that you love to stay on your own.

Me: Hmmm.

Lois: Your best friend. It's about her.

I looked behind me to check if Franca was close.

Me: What do you mean?

Lois: My friend and I were in the cafeteria this afternoon when we heard her talking to a girl about you. I can't really place it but it's not a good one. I heard an attack that's why I decided to reach out to you.

Me: An attack? And you were asking me to wait till tomorrow to tell me?

Lois: Are you both having issues?

Me: She wants my boyfriend.

Lois: Strange. You both are the kinda friends everyone wanna emulate. I really don't like it now.

Me; See, I'm grateful for this information but please, tell me more, do you know how it's going to happen or when?

Lois: Pamel, I don't know or I would have told you. Just be careful and try not to be alone at any time. You get?

Me: Jesus, who will I be with nau? I don't have any other friend except her. Jesus save me please.

Lois: I'll see you in school tomorrow alright?

Me: Okay. Thanks very much. I'll manage till morning.

Lois: Or maybe I can come to your place and walk you to school.

I heaved a sigh as I was already thinking of how I'll walk alone to the bus stand that'll take me to school.

Me: Thank you Lois. That'll be very nice of you.

Lois: It's alright. Good night then, I'll see you tomorrow morning.

Me: Good night.

Lois: And please, don't confront her yet.

Me: I won't. Thanks a lot.

Lois: You're welcome.

I hung up and tapped my fingers on the stainless steel before stepping into the sitting room to find Franca riding Flord. I hissed to get their attention and Flord pushed Franca off.

Me: Sorry to distract you both but please, you can use her room. I painted mine today so it's not yet comfy for me to use it so I'll be crashing here and I can't do that with you two screwing like dogs here.

Franca got up from her bent position and walked up to me.

Franca: You'll be crashing here?

Me: Yes. you've got any problem with that?

Franca: Who made the rules that no one should sleep on the couch?

Me: Me. And hey, that rule also includes no bleeping on the couch. You've got a room here.

Franca: You can't sleep on these couch. They'll...

Me: This is my house remember? Get your boyfriend to screw you in your room and not on my couch please. I'm crashing here for a good reason but you're doing this here to spite me.

Franca: The same way you were screaming last night to spite me.

I smiled and looked at Flord, whose attention was on us, then back at Franca.

Me: I was screaming cause my boyfriend was giving me good loving. He is my boyfriend and we have a right to that. I won't go running to his best friend to get something he has in abundance. I'm not a loose woman.

She raised her hand to hit me but Flord stopped her. He stood up and gathered his pants, holding them like he had a huge burden between his legs.

Flord: She's right Franca. I'll just leave now.

He walked out before Franca could say anything. I went and locked my door before settling down to a comfortable cushion where I would spend the night.

Franca: Watch it you, the war just started between us. Just pray you live to tell the story.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 19, 2016
Dat franca sef...na wa for am o! Pamela abeg dey watch out o.
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Jumizie13(f): 12:56pm On Sep 19, 2016
So much hatred I've got for that name FRANCA

1 Like

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Danie94(f): 6:00pm On Sep 19, 2016
Ghen ghen! Dis franca sef is a wa for u o. Following like ki lo dé. Nice one PamelB buh éjó dnt delay it like ALONE o
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Vickiey192(f): 6:11pm On Sep 19, 2016
Nice write up. Keep it up
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 10:06am On Sep 20, 2016
While I dressed up for school that Tuesday morning, Lois kept contacting me while I gave her directions to my house. I applied a light make up on my face and was about stepping into my jean when a knock came. I left my room and went to open the door. Lois stepped in, looking and smelling classy. She hugged me while she looked around.

Lois: Girl, your house is heaven.

If only she knew that some animals bleeped in that sitting room last night.

Me: Thanks dear. Make yourself comfortable while I put on my cloth.

Lois: You've got to hurry up. Cynthia and Vanessa are downstairs.

Me: Who're they?

Lois: My friends that wanna be your friends too. You know, everyone wants to associate with you but you won't even look at us twice. I told them I was coming here and they decided to follow.

i looked at her with mixed feeling of surprise and anger. I don't like so many people involved in my life. It will give me so much attention and I don't want that. I love and enjoy my privacy and three friends is definitely not private especially when they're only my friends because they know I'm in danger and need people around me.

It took the snapping of her fingers to get me back to my apartment.

Lois: Is that how you zone out?

I hissed and sat down.

Me: Forgive me. I was just thinking that you would come alone and besides, I wouldn't want anyone knowing the reason why I want you around me.

Lois: Ah. Pamel I'm not like that. I didn't even tell them you were the girl FR was talking about in the cafe.

Me: FR?

She leaned into me and whispered.

Lois: I'm sure she must be listening, that's why I'm calling her that.

A smile appeared on my face. This girl is a genius.

Me: So none of them are aware?

Lois: Yes. Now hurry up, we need to be in school before 8:00

I stood up and went to my room, after noticing Franca's presence. This was going to be fun and I'll enjoy the moment while it lasts.

5 Likes

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Julietogbo(f): 10:26am On Sep 20, 2016
This is short not fair at all
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 11:05am On Sep 20, 2016
People kept on staring at us or was it me?
Vanessa, she was fair and the most beautiful among us. She was my height. Her breasts were small though but she made up for it downstairs. Her hips are massive and if I wasn't straight, I would be ogling her behind all day.

Cynthia, just like me. Good looking with all the endorsements God could provide on the day of her creation. She was the tallest and always had a smile plastered on her face.

As we stepped out of the hall after hours of sitting on our behinds, I felt like digging into the ground as it looked like people were going to bore holes into my body with their eyes.
I was putting on a jean trouser which I marched with a jean snicker, a white tank top and a jean blazer. It was among the outfit Tobe had gotten for me. Lois had complimented on my outfit immediately I had stepped out from my room and I had seen Franca's reaction. Now, I felt like hiding somewhere because I'm not used to all this attention.

Cynthia: So where do we have lunch?

I listened to them argue. Maybe that's how they do it everyday. Finally, they all turned to me and sought for my opinion.

Me: Well, let's just go to my house and make something ourselves or better still, get take aways from any fast food, then go to any of our apartments and eat. I'm dying from all this eyes.

They laughed and hugged me. I was surprised.

Cynthia: It's like this everyday, just that you've not noticed.

Vanessa: How will she notice when her head is always up?

They laughed again and I began to wonder if that's how everybody sees me.

Me: Didn't know I walked like that.

Lois: Anyways,I think we'll buy food at shoprite. It's the closest. Then we'll go to Pamela's house and spend some time.

Everyone agreed and we left. We were at the cab stand when Tobe's call came in

Me: Hi dear.

Tobe: Queency how're you?

Me: I'm good dear.

Tobe: You just walked past me and I must confess, you're really hot and sexy. You're beautiful.

Me: All thanks to you my love.

Tobe: Those are your friends?

Me; Yes. We're going to shoprite to buy what to eat.

Tobe: Wait for me. I'll come and drop you girls.

Me: Thanks boo.

He hung up and I gave my friends the news. They were excited. We didn't wait for long before a car parked beside us. Tobe got down and I was surprised. It wasn't his SUV or the sienna. It was a new car.

Tobe: Hey babe.

We hugged and shared a quick kiss.

Me: My love.

I introduced him to my friends and he was happy to meet them. We all got in and in no time, we had shopped for our food and was on our way to my apartment. The three girls at the back seat never shut their mouth for a minute. They were throwing questions at us, if not about the car, it was how we started and other likely questions. Strange as it was, I was enjoying it and we all had one or two things to say.

When we got to the house, I gave them my key since Tobe said he won't be coming upstairs.

Tobe: You won't believe what I'm about to tell you.

Me; Tell me dear.

Tobe: Baby, this car is from Fantasy's family.

Me: What?

Tobe: Yes dear. I got it this morning.

Me: Wow. It's nice.

Tobe: But guess the best part.

Me; Just tell me already.

He opened my hand and slid the key in.

Tobe: It's officially yours.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 20, 2016
nice one! buh short tho...
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Ikdbabie(f): 6:57pm On Sep 20, 2016
Hmmmmmm franca is gonna die of envy & jealousy. tongue
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 10:49am On Sep 21, 2016
I looked at my hands which held the single key and a smile displayed on my lips. I threw myself into his arms and he held me closely.

Me: Tobe this is.....

Tobe: I've got no use for it, not when I've got two already and my baby walks under the sun.

Me: But I can't drive nau

Tobe: I'll teach you during the weekends. But tomorrow after your lectures, we're going to get a driver's licence for you.

I hugged him again and asked him to wait for me while I ran up the stairs to call my friends. They were already eating but as soon as I gave them the news, they all abandoned their plates and ran downstairs with me, each giving Tobe a long and pleasant hug.

Tobe: I'll leave you girls to have fun while I run along now.

We all exchanged hugs again before he left. Lois quickly played the cassette and Davido's "owo ni koko" started playing. She increased the volume while we started dancing.

Sorry, I didn't tell you guys that my apartment was a new one, just a one story building. No one lived downstairs but upstairs was already occupied by two male corpers then Franca and I. It was the agent that told me about the male corpers but I've not seen them since I moved in.

Vanessa ran upstairs and got a bottle of wine which we used to add flavour to the occasion. Goodness was coming into my life; I now had three friends and the same day, I got a car. Who would beat that?

Sugar boy's "hola hola" started and Cynthia raised her voice, displaying some crazy dance steps while we cheered on.

Franca chose this time to show up. She looked at us like we were crazy before heading up the stairs. I knew she had so many thoughts running through her mind so I decided to give her answers. I ran to the foot of the stairs and called out her name. She turned and looked at me with disdain.

Franca: Ehe?

I started thinking twice about telling her because she looked like she would tear me up the next minute.

Franca: If you've got nothing to say, I beg to be excused. I can't be seen with mad people.

Lois: And who is mad here?

I didn't know she was behind people. Franca must have seen her but I didn't. I led Lois back to our dancing point and Vanessa turned off the song

Vanessa: Wetin happen?

Lois: See this osho free o. See this ashawo Friday.

Me: Hey.

Lois: No, let me talk. Can you imagine that cheap thing referring to us as mad people?

Cynthia scoffed and gave out a smile.

Vanessa: She don jam nau.

Cynthia: She don see market and we go sell for am.

Vanessa: She go buy o. She must buy.

I looked at them rant and say so many other things. It took me sometime to calm them

Me: She's just not in the mood or....

Lois: She's just jealous. Stop trying to cover up for her. This girl will kill you one day and you'll still be pulling cover for her. She is jealous. That is the only definition of what just happened here.

Cynthia: Look Pamel, I understand that you've known this girl all your life and you don't believe that she'll turn against you but babe, you need to wise up. She's jealous of your progress and with what I see in her eyes, she'll do anything to stop you.

Vanessa: She no fit. She won't dare.

Lois: Pamela, we're not trying to turn you against your friend. If you'll take my advice, call your people and make sure you hide nothing from them. Tell them all that's happening between you two so should in case anything happens, they'll know how things went wrong.

I nodded at her suggestion. It was indeed a very wise one. We went upstairs and finished our meal after which they left, promising to come back the next morning.

I cleared the sitting room and took my bath. I knocked on Franca's door and she opened it.

Franca: What do you want?

Me: To talk.

Franca: About what?

Me: At least, let me come in or we can sit at the sitting room.

She looked at me like I was an annoying little brat before she came out from her room and walked into the sitting room. She sat down and I followed suit.

Franca: Make it snappy. I was busy with an assignment.

I nodded and cleared my throat.

Me: Franca please I want to apologise for whatever it is that is happening between us. I don't know whose fault it is but I really want to apologise. We shouldn't be like this. We've known each other since childhood. Nothing has ever come between us but look, just one year in school and we're already enemies. Please tell me what it is that I did wrong and I'll apologise and make amends please.

She looked at me without emotions for a while before she stood up and walked out. My sight became blurry as I fought the tears that threatened to fall from my eyes. I heard her door open and slam shut.

Franca: You dare to ask me what you did when all you've ever done is make my life miserable?

I stared at her in shock as the tears now came down uncontrollably.

Me: What....

Franca: Just keep quiet and listen.

She walked fully into the sitting room and stood directly in front of me.

Franca: Chikaima, I'm no fool.

She just called my native name, Chikaima which means "only God we know".

Franca: You think I don't know you're with Tobe, doing all the things you're doing just to spite me? You think I don't know you're flaunting him in front of me just to get me jealous? Come on, I'm not a child anymore. I love Tobe and I will do anything to get him to myself even if it means stepping on your toes.

Her last words got me to my feet and I stared at her open mouthed.

Franca: You heard right and like I said before, enjoy it now while it lasts.

She looked at me with so much hatred before walking out of the sitting room. Surprisingly, my tears dried up and I too went into my room and picked up my phone. Lois was right after all. I've got to involve my family in this as a heavy war is just about to start.

6 Likes

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 11:28am On Sep 21, 2016
I dialled my mum's number and she picked at the third ring.

Me: Good evening mummy.

Mum: Good evening Kaima (shortened name for Chikaima). How're you?

Me: I'm alright mummy. How's dad and Aunty Happiness?

Mum: Happiness is fine. Your dad isn't back from Qatar but he's fine. You both don't talk?

Me: He called me last week shaa but he said he'll be home this week.

Mum: I'm expecting him tomorrow or next my child. How's school?

Me: School is as it should be. I thank God.

Mum: And how's Amara?

Your guess is right? She just asked after Franca whose native name is Amarachukwu (God's grace)

Me: She's fine. And she's the reason why I'm calling.

Mum: Is anything the matter? She better not be pregnant because her mother and I will come to that school and give her the worst embarrassment of her life. This is how it starts o. In fact, give her the phone.

I couldn't help but laugh. Mothers eh. We had told them we parked out of our former lodge and my mum is aware that my boyfriend paid for the new apartment. She had spoken with Tobe after which she advised me never to go under the sheets with him till I was sure he had me in his future plans.

Me: Mum she's not pregnant. In fact, I don't know but that's not the reason I'm calling.

Mum: Then what is it?

I briefly explained to her what had being happening, my new friends and the car. She heaved after I finished my long story then she hung up.
In two seconds, she started calling back. That was my mother. If she wanted to talk to you, she'll call you with her airtime so you won't argue that yours will drain.

I picked and placed the phone to my ear.

Me: Yes mummy.

Mum: All you told me, are you sure that Amara Obi said all that to you?

I rolled my eyes and replied in the affirmative.

Mum: See how a boy is about breaking a relationship of 21 years. Amara didn't see how else to talk to you and she's using threats eh? I'm going to call her mother after now or I'll see her first thing tomorrow. You both need to be called to order. And I hope that boy is not set out to ruin your lives.

Me: Ahn ahn mummy. Tobe is not like that.

Mum: Don't trust men this days. Do you know, if it were two men fighting over a lady, they will fight for a day or two and the next day, they won't even give the lady any attention, instead, they'll work on how to mend their relationship and the lady might end up being their enemy for life. But in the lives of women, it's different. We love to fight and quarrel for eternity over men who might not even want us. Kaima?

Me: Yes mummy.

Mum: Thread with caution. You're a brain full of wisdom that is why we let you make decisions concerning your life. You're my only child and I wouldn't want you to make any decision that will ruin your life. Do you get?

Me: Yes mummy. Thanks a lot.

Mum: Go to bed. I'll see Mrs Obi tomorrow morning.

Me: Thank you mum.

I hung up and was about going to the kitchen to get the water I'll use at night when my phone started ringing again. It was Tobe. I picked it and stepped out of my room

Tobe: Queency

Me: Good evening my love.

Tobe: Yes my dear. How're you?

Me: I'm alright.

Tobe: How did you girls celebrate?

Me: With a bottle of one of wine from the fridge of course.

He laughed and asked me why we didn't go out.

Me: Babe, going out didn't even cross our minds.

Tobe: We'll celebrate properly after you've learnt to drive.

Me: Thank you dear. I'm so grateful. I don't even know what I would do without you.

Tobe: You'd do a lot Queency. I'm just here to bring out the you in you.

Me: Wow. The me in me. Alright. But I'm grateful

Tobe: You're welcome. I just called to say goodnight. I'll see you tomorrow okay?

Me: Good night then.

Tobe: Take care.

I hung up and quickly got a bottle of water from the fridge before going back to my room. Today had being great and I quickly said prayer of thanksgiving before drifting off to sleep.

11 Likes

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 22, 2016
pamelb ,,, how have you been
Have been away for while,,, got put on an engagement in one remote place like that....
I'm back now dou,,,

What did I Miss?
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 22, 2016
update nau haba!!! I don refresh tire...
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 22, 2016
FlawesomE:
update nau haba!!! I don refresh tire...

LOL... you just made my waiting worth while
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 22, 2016
optimusmind:

LOL... you just made my waiting worth while
Really!!! awwnnn fanx... buh sincerely d update is taking too long,shez kipin her readers hangin
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 22, 2016
PamelB, I was never 'alone' while I was reading "ALONE", now I an walking in the 'valley of the shadow of love' Cool story. Following....
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 22, 2016
FlawesomE:

Really!!! awwnnn fanx... buh sincerely d update is taking too long,shez kipin her readers hangin

Yeah, she is, maybe she's busy...

...hopeflyy the end wld be worth the wait
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 22, 2016
optimusmind:

Yeah, she is, maybe she's busy...

...hopeflyy the end wld be worth the wait
I copy!
......Sure, I trust her on dat.
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 11:11pm On Sep 22, 2016
optimusmind:
pamelb ,,, how have you been
Have been away for while,,, got put on an engagement in one remote place like that....
I'm back now dou,,,

What did I Miss?
Nothing much dear. I've also being very busy but I thank God shaa
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 11:15pm On Sep 22, 2016
FlawesomE:

I copy!
......Sure, I trust her on dat.
Thanks for that trust. I promise I won't fail you. Couldn't update today cos I had to do a lot of work today as tomorrow is a no movement bla bla bla in my area. I promise to update tomorrow. I apologise to everyone who has waited patiently. I'm really sorry. optimusmind, thank you
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Osjaay(f): 11:57pm On Sep 22, 2016
hello pamel dearie. Good work ride on dear. May u never run short of memory. It has been long I logged in last and d first thing I did was to check on dis story.u didn't disappoint me. The beautiful thing I like about this story is dat it's real. It's wat is happening nowadays now btw two friends. Y will u turn arch enemy on top Ur best friend boo and u get Ur own boo and another illegal relationship . To worsen the matter the boyfriend no like u at all na true tori pamel mother yarn. Guys will fight and settle up but gals fight na continuity. God will deliver us girls from the spirit of jealousy. I Just pray pamel won't b hurt.
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Nobody: 7:23am On Sep 23, 2016
PamelB:
Thanks for that trust. I promise I won't fail you. Couldn't update today cos I had to do a lot of work today as tomorrow is a no movement bla bla bla in my area. I promise to update tomorrow. I apologise to everyone who has waited patiently. I'm really sorry. optimusmind, thank you
Okies...tis understandable,I grab. More wisdom
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 23, 2016
PamelB:
Nothing much dear. I've also being very busy but I thank God shaa
all right..
Good to know you are alright
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 2:11pm On Sep 23, 2016
I walked into my house that school the next day after school. I had spent close to ten hours in the school library going through text books and my laptop in preparation for my exams. I know I'm a very intelligent girl, very intelligent I must say but recently, I've being loosing a lot of focus. I didn't even spend much time with my friends because they had important "whatever" to do.
So as I stepped into my house around 4:00pm that day, I was shocked to see Stacy in my house. She had opened the door for me and we stood, staring at each other like we would swallow ourselves.
Franca stepped out of her room so I brushed past Stacy and headed for my own room.

Franca: What did you tell my mother?

I stopped just in front of my door and turned to look at her. She didn't have any expression on her face. She was just looking at me, maybe thinking of what she would say after my response.

Me: I didn't talk to your mother. I....

Franca: You don't stand in my face and lie to me Kaima.

Me: And who are you please? A goddess of some river or a village?

Stacy: Ima.......

Me: Stay out of these. Remember, you're not welcomed in this house so you better pick your skinny self and get out of my house.

Franca: Our house.

I looked at her and I hated her the more. I remembered every word she said to me the previous day and my stomach tightened.

Me: You and who please? Cause the last time I checked, the two years rent which was paid for this apartment was paid in my name, by my boyfriend, with his own money and you're just someone that's so broke that I had to put in. So please, which house belongs to you and who again?

I smiled at their reaction because they were both looking at each other in shock now.

Me: And please, I didn't speak to your mother. I'm not too jobless to be calling everyone on phone. I just made a point and I'm glad it reached the right places.

I turned my key into the lock and my door opened, giving me that great scent of "home sweet home". I smiled at the girls and entered my room, leaving the door open for them to admire the handwork of Tobe's money. I dropped my handbag on my bed and returned to see them rooted on the spot I had left them.
I was enjoying this and though I don't like what I'm doing, I also don't want them to see me as weak and fragile.

Me: And please, I want us to talk. If you don't mind, sit down or you can remain standing.

I sat on a sofa and they both sat down too. Franca's eyes were clouded with tears which were threatening to fall.

Me: Franca, I can't live with someone I'm not comfortable with, someone who uses words on me in unpleasant ways, someone who insults my house with her flirtatious ways. I....

Franca: What do you mean?

Her voice was filled with emotions. The tears started falling and I hated myself for making my best friend cry. Stacy just stared at me like I was not making sense.

Franca: How can you tell me that to my face? That I'm a flirt?

Me: Isn't that what you are?

The question came out before I could think about it. I too was shocked that I said that but I can't let my guard down now. She planned to attack me, that's how all these started. So I'm not going to keep quiet and let her tears weaken my resolve.

Franca: Did you make me flirt? Did you teach me that? Why would you call me a flirt?

Me: Maybe when you explain Flord and then the sudden feeling you have for Tobe, I might consider taking back my words.

She stood up and I followed suit.

Franca: Kaima I'll show you the other side of me.

Me: Of course you've started already. Or you think I'm not aware of the plan to attack me?

She turned to Stacy and started walking up to her.

Franca: You betrayed me.

Her voice was laced with anger and hatred and I couldn't help but put a smile on my face. At least, Stacy was out of the picture or will soon be out.

Stacy: I can't do that to you nau.

Franca: Get out. Get out of my house.

Me; My house.

Both of them looked at me and I comfortably sat down.

Stacy: Babes, calm down. I can't...

Franca: Get out. Now!

Stacy gently picked her bag and walked out after staring daggers at me. Franca shut the door and turned to me.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 3:10pm On Sep 23, 2016
Franca: So this is it right? This is what you've become. You think this is the end? I...

Me: You're wrong. I'm not dreaming of the end yet. I know that this is just the beginning. I'm writing the scripts of this play so I'm telling u now, this is just the beginning.

Franca: You're wicked Kaima. I hate you.

I stood up and clapped my hands in form of an applause.

Me: When you fell for my boyfriend and said all sorts of rubbish to me, you weren't being wicked right? When you planned to attack me, it wasn't wicked right? And now, I'm trying to be a strong girl who won't let anything bring me down, you call me wicked? Baby, let me be wicked but just know that as for the hatred ish, the feeling is so so mutual.

I watched her shed a few tears before giving her the last blow.

Me; If you want to stay here with me, you'll have to stay clear off anything that belongs to me. The kitchen, my sitting room, except you want to pay for living here. Outside that, stay clear off my properties. Anyone who can be wicked enough to plan an attack on me would do anything including poisoning me. Having said that, you're free to make your own decisions. I love you that much.

I stood up and walked into my room. I locked my door and cried bitterly. Why would she let her feelings for Tobe come between us? Why would she change all of a sudden because she loved Tobe and he in return, loves me? I cried myself to sleep only to wake up to the sound of a knock. I looked at my table clock and it was some minutes past 8pm. I left my room and went to open the door. It was Charles and Flord. I greeted them and made to walk back to my room when Charles stopped me.

Charles: Please wait Pamela. We're here to see you.

Charles was such a gentleman. He was cute, tall and was also on the intelligent team because he was the SUG Secretary. He was also from a rich family. His sense of fashion was also very smart and he was one of the personalities I respected in school.

Me; Hope there's no problem? Anyways, sit down please.

They settled to a cushion and I sat opposite them.

Me: Mind if I get you something?

God knows I was referring to Charles because I was angry at Flord for being the two faced cheating bas'tard he was.

Charles: Nah. I'm okay. I've being calling your phone but you weren't taking your calls.

Me: Ah! Excuse me please.

I went into my room and retrieved my phone from my handbag. 16 missed calls, all from Charles. I came out and apologised, telling him how I had slept off immediately I got back from school.

Charles; It's alright. I thought you had transferred the feud to myself as well.

I gave him a puzzled look.

Me: What feud?

He cleared his throat and looked at me with his innocent eyes.

Charles: Franca told me all that happened here this evening.

Oh! Why didn't I figure out why he was here? It's obvious he loves Franca to the moon and back.

Charles: Whatever she must have done wrong? I'm sorry. I...

Me: Did she tell you what her offense was?

Charles: She said she was just angry that you suddenly became too proud of yourself because of Tobe and all the things he has given you.

6 Likes

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Ikdbabie(f): 7:01pm On Sep 23, 2016
Wow. Like seriously franca you are a "B".
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by bibijay123(f): 8:29pm On Sep 23, 2016
Good job pamelb. I really love this piece, God bless u for sharing.

1 Like

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by charytea(f): 8:52pm On Sep 23, 2016
Aww dear! this is awesome. I like Pamel's boldness. Any update tonight?
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 8:54pm On Sep 23, 2016
bibijay123:
Good job pamelb. I really love this piece, God bless u for sharing.
wow. Bibi is here.
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 9:49pm On Sep 23, 2016
My battery is very down so the update may be short.
I thank you all for your wonderful comments and likes. I appreciate.

Me: What? Franca said that?

Flord: Pamela....

Me: Shut up Flord. I'm not talking to you.

I saw the shock in Charles face at the way I snapped at Flord.

Me: Charles. Please, I'll pretend that you didn't say that. Franca and I are friends so we're bound to have issues and we'll still make up. I don't know what she told you but you really need to sit your girlfriend down and have a serious discussion with her.

There was a minute or two silence in the room before Charles spoke up again.

Charles: Pamela?

Me: Hmm?

Charles: Is there more to this than I'm seeing it? You can always talk to me y'know?

I felt pity towards him. If only he knew that the two faced idiot who was sharing the same cushion with him was also sharing his girlfriend with him.

Charles: Pamela?

I shook my head and stood up

Me: Nothing. Just talk to your girlfriend. I'll be inside.

Charles: Wait please.

I stopped and he walked to me.

Charles: Should she look for an apartment elsewhere?

Me: It's her choice. For me, if she doesn't mend her ways, I'll keep on being her nightmare in this house. It's her choice.

Charles: For goodness sake Pamela, I have this strong feeling that you're hiding something from me. You two can't just become like this all of a sudden. Tell me something I don't know Pamela.

Franca stepped out from her room that instant.

Me: I'll leave you to ask Flord and your girlfriend that question.

I walked out on them and went into my room.
I was hungry and needed something to eat that minute.
I changed into one of my home clothes and made for my kitchen. There was no one else in the house so I locked the door and went into the kitchen. I started boiling rice since I had stew in my fridge. Tobe hasn't called so I decided to reach him.

Me: Hi dear.

Tobe: Baby. I was just about calling you. What are you doing?

Me: Cooking and missing the love of my life.

Tobe: So romantic. I'll be joining you tonight.

Me: Wow. I'm happy to hear that.

Tobe: For real?

Me: Of course. I'll be waiting

Tobe: I'll be there after dinner.

Me: Alright. I'll eat then instead of waiting for you.

Tobe: See you soon honey.

Me: Alright.

I ate and relaxed in my room, waiting for my boyfriend to come and give me good loving but he never came. I waited for an hour or so before I heard the door open. I was sure it was Franca so I just kept mute and slowly closed my eyes to sleep.

The screaming from the other room woke me up and I couldn't help but hiss. What a cheap thing. I'm sure it's not Charles who's making her scream that way. I looked at my table clock and it was past twelve. Tobe didn't show up neither did he call. I undressed and quickly went into the shower, the scream from the other room, aiding me to give myself some release while I thought about what Tobe and I would have being doing by this time.

I came out and picked my phone. I dialled his number but it was switched off. I couldn't get some sleep. No, not with all these grunts and screams. I left my room and went to the sitting room. I hadn't spent close to twenty minutes when I heard his voice. He was shouting at someone but what was he doing here at this time? Wait! Was that voice coming from Franca's room? I stood up to go and confirm my fears when the door burst open and they both came out in what looked like a struggle. Franca was na'ked while Tobe had just his boxer on. He was shouting and holding Franca so tight that it looked like her wrist would break.

I was so shocked that I couldn't say anything. They noticed my presence and Tobe quickly left her and ran to me. My eyes were stuck on Franca who had a smirk on her face.

No! This wasn't happening to me. No!
I ran into my room and locked my door but the tears didn't fall. I was still lost. He knocked continuously on my door but I refused to open up. I was still lost in my own world when I heard them arguing. They argued for a while before I heard a thug, followed by Franca's wail and then silence.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

King Maha Vajiralongkorn And His 20 Girlfriends In Hotel During Lockdown / Does My Ex Boyfriend Miss Me After The Breakup / Me And My Boss Wife (sex Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.