Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other - Phones (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other (120918 Views)

I Subscribed For The Wrong Data Plan... Then Airtel Did This! / Airtel Introduces 1.5g For ₦1000 / Good News! As MTN Introduces 1.5GB Data For 1000 Naira (see Code) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other by eleojo23: 12:32pm On Jul 19, 2016
XVIER:
bro well you explained well but there is something you don't get that LTE network activation pulls the network to give you maximum speed from 3.75g that's why I have a higher download speed if you switch your phone to 3.75g and I switch mine to LTE bet it I will have higher download speed if you doubt me you can read 3 or 4 pages backward to check my uploaded pics note that's why that bro mention me to know the phone I'm using.

This is exactly my thought.
A 4G LTE device gives the maximum 3.75G speed available even if there is no 4G.
So my theory was correct after all.

I can now go ahead and get a 4G device. I love good speed!
Re: Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other by Udezer69(m): 12:35pm On Jul 19, 2016
Jozzy4:

Thanks so much bro. I want to download some Games on my PC and they are large files. Thanks again

No problem
Re: Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other by XVIER(m): 12:59pm On Jul 19, 2016
eleojo23:

This is exactly my thought.
A 4G LTE device gives the maximum 3.75G speed available even if there is no 4G.
So my theory was correct after all.

I can now go ahead and get a 4G device. I love good speed!
bro very correct you can see for yourself in my uploaded pics I was downloading simultaneously I get between 3mb/s and 5m/s nothing less than 3mb/s

Re: Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other by eleojo23: 1:11pm On Jul 19, 2016
XVIER:
bro very correct you can see for yourself in my uploaded pics I was downloading simultaneously I get between 3mb/s and 5m/s nothing less than 3mb/s

Confirmed!
I'm getting my 4G device right away!

1 Like

Re: Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other by rawdpiper(m): 3:06pm On Jul 19, 2016
FXCRAFT:
[b]
After so much skepticism, I decided to give this night plan a try because I'm an ardent MTN nightcrawler.

I subscribed for the #50 plan for 1.5GB around 5pm on Monday evening. The next test was to see if it would work as stated. Mind you, the subscription process was flawless. The codes work as stated.

At exactly 12:06am on Tuesday morning, I inserted my SIM to verify all the hullabaloo on this thread and to my amazement, it worked!

It worked like nothing I've seen before for that price and my download speed was an average of 1.3Mb/s.

However, I am yet to confirm if you can subscribe more than once in one night even though there are many who claim to have done so.

By and large, Airtel has the thumbs up from me particularly after dealing with me mercilessly when the hourly plans were running. It's an experience I'll never forget because it was terrible at best.

Thank you Airtel for making my sleepless night worthy and thank you for keeping your word this time around.[/b]

Did u migrate before subscribing?
Re: Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other by rawdpiper(m): 3:07pm On Jul 19, 2016
XVIER:

Which 4G LTE device are u using? Is it the hourly plan u are using for your downloads?
Re: Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other by dcommissioner: 3:13pm On Jul 19, 2016
plz can I update my phone wit d 1.5gb data??.
can d subscription allow me?
Re: Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other by XVIER(m): 4:34pm On Jul 19, 2016
rawdpiper:

Which 4G LTE device are u using? Is it the hourly plan u are using for your downloads?
I make use of just bbz10 (LTE supported) and hotspot it to my pc and yes I use the hourly plan for my downloads.
Re: Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other by haibe(m): 5:57pm On Jul 19, 2016
rawdpiper:

I didn't really use a code. I purchased 30MB for #100, when the data exhausted I got a popup giving me a list of options;

1.Renew
2.Buy Data
3.Use PayG
4.No Bundle No Browsing

then I selected 4.

As for the smart trybe night plan, I called cc, the lady said the plan has not been launched yet. it seems all these telecoms they don't give their agents proper awareness, sometimes we get to know of new offers before dem self. if u ask different agents the same question, they provide u wit different answers.

Please how do i revert back to use PayG? I have selected the No Browsing option earlier
Re: Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other by Dabss(m): 6:14pm On Jul 19, 2016
XVIER:
bro well you explained well but there is something you don't get that LTE network activation pulls the network to give you maximum speed from 3.75g that's why I have a higher download speed if you switch your phone to 3.75g and I switch mine to LTE bet it I will have higher download speed if you doubt me you can read 3 or 4 pages backward to check my uploaded pics note that's why that bro mention me to know the phone I'm using.
I also use a 4G enabled phone (blackerry q10) (2MB/s) and the speed I get not any faster than that of my 3.75g phone (galaxy A5). I guess airtel is really fast where you stay.
Re: Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other by XVIER(m): 6:52pm On Jul 19, 2016
Dabss:
I also use a 4G enabled phone (blackerry q10) (2MB/s) and the speed I get not any faster than that of my 3.75g phone (galaxy A5). I guess airtel is really fast where you stay.
bro the speed can never be the same but if you say it's same at your end there then that's for you but for me my LTE gives me a maximum speed. So no need to argue..
Re: Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other by rawdpiper(m): 6:56pm On Jul 19, 2016
haibe:

Please how do i revert back to use PayG? I have selected the No Browsing option earlier

Call CC

1 Like

Re: Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other by Udezer69(m): 10:39pm On Jul 19, 2016
XVIER:
bro the speed can never be the same but if you say it's same at your end there then that's for you but for me my LTE gives me a maximum speed. So no need to argue..

I don't think so... LTE devices were made to accommodate 4G networking.. That is more than 3.75G .... But there is nothing like "pulling" the network speed... They are factors that determine your speed... Because your device is made for LTE the hardware will of course be made to pick up internet flawlessly and give you Max speed avail in your area... 3.75G phones don't pick up 4G networking.... Some H+ phones they are all made for 3.75G but not all phones are exact... My infinix is not 4G but I've gotten up to 7-8MB/s speed on MTN when I used simple server.... 5-6MB/s on Etisalat when I used PAYG and currently 1-2MB/s speed in the afternoon and 2-3MB/s speed in the night on my Airtel sim normal Android plan and on my etisalat sim 3-4MB/s speed in the afternoon and at night it stays at 4MB/s and keeps fluctuating to 5MB/s speed... Jumps up some times to 7MB/s.... I'm saying..my infinix can pick up speed in on my area cuz my area is good... But my other phone which is also an infinix.. Doesn't pick up like my personal phone even with the same area and sim cards put in it... The phone is one factor that affects your speed the location is another.... We can't assume that LTE will pick up better speed over a non LTE... They both were made to pick up the same 3.75G network.... Some phones can pick up more than others... The radios IN the phones can affect it... Especially if your radio is better since its made for LTE already... But different phones different brands and make.. The radio in one phone can be more powerful at receiving signal and network speed than the one in another phone

1 Like

Re: Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other by Joered63: 12:26am On Jul 20, 2016
Guys I did the #50 subscription successfully, but the data always disconnects after some time, please is there anyone experiencing such?
Re: Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other by Udezer69(m): 12:43am On Jul 20, 2016
Joered63:
Guys I did the #50 subscription successfully, but the data always disconnects after some time, please is there anyone experiencing such?

Mine doesn't disconnects... Just did it now... I got the 1.5GB ...my own problem is that the speed doesn't pass 200kb/s... Infact..it hasn't reached 200kb/s Thought it wasn't working cuz there is no way to check how much is left when using it.... Keep trying but it's only showing my normal Android plan left which is 266MB left... If this 1.5GB should finish I won't know and they might zap my Android data

1 Like

Re: Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other by Udezer69(m): 12:46am On Jul 20, 2016
What kind of speed is this... ?!? I was on 400kb/s on my normal plan... Sub for the 50naira for 1.5gb and then my speed drops and doesn't come up again....
Re: Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other by kevoneal: 12:47am On Jul 20, 2016
Udezer69:

Mine doesn't disconnects... Just did it now... I got the 1.5GB ...my own problem is that the speed doesn't pass 200kb/s... Infact..it hasn't reached 200kb/s Thought it wasn't working cuz there is no way to check how much is left when using it.... Keep trying but it's only showing my normal Android plan left which is 266MB left... If this 1.5GB should finish I won't know and they might zap my Android data

pls how do you check data balance? I used *140# but says i have no active data subscription although its working, just want to see what i have left.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other by Udezer69(m): 12:58am On Jul 20, 2016
kevoneal:

pls how do you check data balance? I used *140# but says i have no active data subscription although its working, just want to see what i have left.

There is no way to check
Re: Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other by carlede: 5:27am On Jul 20, 2016
I sub'd for the 500mb package, N25 was deducted, I tried to browse, it went for aa while and stopped. after which I checked my airtime and everything was gone.
Re: Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other by XVIER(m): 7:49am On Jul 20, 2016
Udezer69:

I don't think so... LTE devices were made to accommodate 4G networking.. That is more than 3.75G .... But there is nothing like "pulling" the network speed... They are factors that determine your speed... Because your device is made for LTE the hardware will of course be made to pick up internet flawlessly and give you Max speed avail in your area... 3.75G phones don't pick up 4G networking.... Some H+ phones they are all made for 3.75G but not all phones are exact... My infinix is not 4G but I've gotten up to 7-8MB/s speed on MTN when I used simple server.... 5-6MB/s on Etisalat when I used PAYG and currently 1-2MB/s speed in the afternoon and 2-3MB/s speed in the night on my Airtel sim normal Android plan and on my etisalat sim 3-4MB/s speed in the afternoon and at night it stays at 4MB/s and keeps fluctuating to 5MB/s speed... Jumps up some times to 7MB/s.... I'm saying..my infinix can pick up speed in on my area cuz my area is good... But my other phone which is also an infinix.. Doesn't pick up like my personal phone even with the same area and sim cards put in it... The phone is one factor that affects your speed the location is another.... We can't assume that LTE will pick up better speed over a non LTE... They both were made to pick up the same 3.75G network.... Some phones can pick up more than others... The radios IN the phones can affect it... Especially if your radio is better since its made for LTE already... But different phones different brands and make.. The radio in one phone can be more powerful at receiving signal and network speed than the one in another phone
ok
Re: Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other by Omobak9: 8:36am On Jul 20, 2016
I used it overnight and the average speed was 1M/S..The 50 for 1.5gb is superb
Re: Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other by carlede: 8:58am On Jul 20, 2016
Omobak9:
how were you able to check the data or you jst sub'd and started using it. cuz dy wipe my airtime clean after I sub'd n browsed for a bit
Re: Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other by jubrealguy(m): 10:57am On Jul 20, 2016
Omobak9:
just a speed of abt 150kb/s on torrent, were u using torrent too?
Re: Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 20, 2016
umi iron 4 sale, price 28k location Lagos
Re: Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other by adibo(m): 4:06pm On Jul 20, 2016
Can i subscribe for the 50 naira plan more than once in a single night?
Re: Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other by FXCRAFT: 4:30pm On Jul 20, 2016
rawdpiper:

Did u migrate before subscribing?

Yes I did.
Re: Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other by Udezer69(m): 8:17pm On Jul 20, 2016
I don't think I'll do this plan again... I sub twice in one night... I didn't even use up to 1gb.. It finished I didn't know and they took out of my monthly MB...
Re: Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other by habayommy: 9:36pm On Jul 20, 2016
Samunosuke:
God bless airtel. Currently using this and although it's not as fast as MTN, it's okay.
Using glo #2500 for 10gb as my daily driver together with mtn night #25 for 500mb and now airtel #50 for 1.5gb is amazing.
Please what's is the code for the GLO 10GB #2500? Can it be used on modem? Thanks
Re: Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other by dmcdad: 10:16pm On Jul 20, 2016
Sirjohn84:

its good plan if you have up to 4sims cards like. so I can get 6gb to download with just #200..good but I still prefer the 1H #100 plan because its unlimited and I have downloaded 4gb one nite with it
It's painful to see the 100naira unlimited plan scrapped. Downloading at an average speed of over 3MB/s, I get to download around 8 to 9GB in just an hour. I'll really miss the plan. What's the way forward? I can't do without unlimited offers like that?
Re: Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other by dmcdad: 10:18pm On Jul 20, 2016
habayommy:

Please what's is the code for the GLO 10GB #2500? Can it be used on modem? Thanks
Just dial *777#, choose data services, then buy data, then monthly plans, then 10GB for 2500. That should be option 3 or so.
Re: Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other by jubrealguy(m): 1:08am On Jul 21, 2016
I don't think this plan is up to 1.5GB
Re: Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other by SIRcumalot: 1:34am On Jul 21, 2016
airtel dey throttle the speed of this plan.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

How To Fix "App Not Installed" Error On Android Phones / List Of Cheap Data Subscription Codes For All Network In Nigeria / Free Calls With Closed User Groups: How To Register

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.