Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,435 members, 7,781,271 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:32 AM

We Can't fully Implement The N6.6trillion Budget: SGF - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Can't fully Implement The N6.6trillion Budget: SGF (12807 Views)

Infrastructure, Defense Get Bulk Of Buhari's N8.6trillion Budget.. / Why We Can't Arrest Arewa Youths- FG / Video Of Nnamdi Kanu In 2012 Saying: "We Can't Allow Anyone Tear Nigeria Apart" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Can't fully Implement The N6.6trillion Budget: SGF by mamabomboy: 8:33pm On Jul 13, 2016
The Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Babachir David Lawal, on Wednesday declared the Federal Government cannot fully implement the N6.06 trillion 2016 budget as passed by the National Assembly.
Lawal told a joint Senate committee on Appropriations, Finance and Ethics, Privileges and Public Petitions that the revenues of the government had dropped by 50 to 60 per cent contrary to projections.
The SGF was invited by the Senate to explain his comment that the 2016 constituency projects as captured in the budget would not be implemented.
He pointedly blamed the drop in Nigeria’s revenue on activities of militants in the Niger Delta.
Lawal noted that the oil benchmark of $38 per barrel fixed by the Federal Government has been drastically dislocated.
He added that the benchmark has been grossly affected by activities of militants in the Niger Delta.
The SGF said, “The statement is correct. That is my statement, we cannot guarantee the implementation of constituency projects in the 2016 budget. As a government, constituency projects are championed by members of the National Assembly. Like the legislature, members of the executive are politicians who canvassed for votes.
“Lawmakers are aware that oil barrels had dwindled to about 800,000 per day. This has led to the inability of government to finance the budget. It is the duty of government to prepare the minds of Nigerians ahead that there will be challenges in implementing the budget.
“Government based its principle on zero budgeting this year. Funds will be released to finance key projects in line with the implementation plans of the government. I will explain why it will be hard for the government to implement the budget.
“I spoke with the Minister of Budget this morning and I asked him the revenue base of the government. We are now receiving about 50 to 60 earnings from what we projected.”
“Some Ministries, Department and Agencies (MDAs) might find it impossible to implement projects appropriated in their budgets. We have to re-prioritize. I like us to understand that this is the background upon which I made that statement. “

http://thenationonlineng.net/fg-cant-implement-2016-budget-sgf/

1 Like

Re: We Can't fully Implement The N6.6trillion Budget: SGF by BlackSeptember: 8:35pm On Jul 13, 2016
We already know before it was passed.

We are not 5% for mouth

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Can't fully Implement The N6.6trillion Budget: SGF by mamabomboy: 8:37pm On Jul 13, 2016
The FG should not tell us that Rubbish. We don't want to hear it. Find the money, any way any how

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Can't fully Implement The N6.6trillion Budget: SGF by babyfaceafrica: 8:41pm On Jul 13, 2016
Nice
Re: We Can't fully Implement The N6.6trillion Budget: SGF by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 13, 2016
the APC led govt is already giving excuses for their ominous failures in advance.

2019 will eventually come!.

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Can't fully Implement The N6.6trillion Budget: SGF by locosis007(m): 8:42pm On Jul 13, 2016
Constituency project is an avenue for house member to "chop" .

If u can't implement that! No p. But implement d rest and follow dem up. For efficiency

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Can't fully Implement The N6.6trillion Budget: SGF by DelGardo: 8:43pm On Jul 13, 2016
mamabomboy:
The FG should not tell us that Rubbish. We don't want to hear it. Find the money, any way any how

Yeah yeah... They should carry gun and steal from Cameroun budget abi? Or borrow every week like Wike.
At least we know it is not because our money is being looted.
Sai Buhari.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Can't fully Implement The N6.6trillion Budget: SGF by Nelkoko: 8:43pm On Jul 13, 2016
is DAT not d budget of change?....wen una give Aisha d money to take cook rice.

15 Likes

Re: We Can't fully Implement The N6.6trillion Budget: SGF by ayemerbarth: 8:45pm On Jul 13, 2016
This is a confused Govt

3 Likes

Re: We Can't fully Implement The N6.6trillion Budget: SGF by kherington: 8:46pm On Jul 13, 2016
Buharicracy the government of the excuses by the excuses and to the excuses i approve this post

3 Likes

Re: We Can't fully Implement The N6.6trillion Budget: SGF by mcnuel001(m): 8:48pm On Jul 13, 2016
DelGardo:

Yeah yeah... They should carry gun and steal from Cameroun budget abi? Or borrow every week like Wike.
At least we know it is not because our money is being looted.
Sai Buhari.

Ehyaaa president of d zombies spotted.If not that dollar is on d high side now, I wud have suggest u import a good working brain, but u can still manage d one from Togo , it's better than not having any nd u dnt need dollar to purchase dat grin. na my salary he for use for budget na

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Can't fully Implement The N6.6trillion Budget: SGF by DelGardo: 9:04pm On Jul 13, 2016
mcnuel001:

Ehyaaa president of d zombies spotted.If not that dollar is on d high side now, I wud have suggest u import a good working brain, but u can still manage d one from Togo , it's better than not having any nd u dnt need dollar to purchase dat grin. na my salary he for use for budget na

Whatever. Your hero is gone and he is never coming back.

You are not aware that government revenue is impacted heavily by the disruptions in the oil sector therefore 2016 budget assumptions cannot hold today.
States cannot pay salaries, yet you are not able to see the root cause.
By the way shouting zombie upandan is really a cool way to pass your point across. Continue.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Can't fully Implement The N6.6trillion Budget: SGF by ivandragon: 9:13pm On Jul 13, 2016
what about the alleged '$90b' supposedly returned by the former minister of petroleum? or the other returned billions of dollars (not seized assets o)? its easy to spread lies & propaganda, but the truth always prevails...

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Can't fully Implement The N6.6trillion Budget: SGF by utytill(m): 9:13pm On Jul 13, 2016
na so 5k per month don go and d school pupils will not see nasco biscuits.

13 Likes

Re: We Can't fully Implement The N6.6trillion Budget: SGF by mcnuel001(m): 9:20pm On Jul 13, 2016
DelGardo:

You are not aware that government revenue is impacted heavily by the disruptions in the oil sector therefore 2016 budget assumptions cannot hold today.
By the way shouting zombie upandan is really a cool way to pass your point across.

I dint even boda to read cos I no Wat d response of a typical zombie will be how much more dere amiable presido grin kwantinue in ur office and be diligent, who knows u mit bcom d world zombie president. Lol

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Can't fully Implement The N6.6trillion Budget: SGF by daniska3yaro(m): 10:39pm On Jul 13, 2016
Govt of confusion.
Re: We Can't fully Implement The N6.6trillion Budget: SGF by Godjone(m): 11:13pm On Jul 13, 2016
but you fools told your deluded folow folow fools that you have generated trilions from treasury single account.

Again, that useless currupt fool magun told mumu zombie apc that he has recovered trilions from corrupt officials.

Where are these monies
Walahi this govt na useless govt

11 Likes

Re: We Can't fully Implement The N6.6trillion Budget: SGF by adconline(m): 11:37pm On Jul 13, 2016
DelGardo:

By the way shouting zombie upandan is really a cool way to pass your point across. Continue.

So the government didn't take into account the fall in revenue b4 budgeting?? Like govt like zombie followers?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Can't fully Implement The N6.6trillion Budget: SGF by danieldinho: 12:32am On Jul 14, 2016
taught d apc led govt said d budject would be funded from non oil revenue. smh d more u look d less u see.

12 Likes

Re: We Can't fully Implement The N6.6trillion Budget: SGF by DelGardo: 12:47am On Jul 14, 2016
adconline:

So the government didn't take into account the fall in revenue b4 budgeting?? Like govt like zombie followers?

No, they didn't. That's why is is called assumptions and premises.
They didn't know there will be a grudge group called NDA either. Because they can't see the future, Mr Einstein. However they used a conservative estimate of $38/bbl at 2.2m barrels per day.

Now it appears that cannot be achieved. Suck it up.

4 Likes

Re: We Can't fully Implement The N6.6trillion Budget: SGF by Israel5(m): 12:53am On Jul 14, 2016
Then partially implement it
Re: We Can't fully Implement The N6.6trillion Budget: SGF by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 14, 2016
What about the billions being recovered
Re: We Can't fully Implement The N6.6trillion Budget: SGF by Mercysam23(f): 7:34am On Jul 14, 2016
What's stopping from using recovered loot to fund the budget. I don't even understand this govt again.

Their case worse pass Arikpo father wey collect retirement benefit of 9million, yet Arikpo no fit pay fees of 3,500.

Like nation like people.

6 Likes

Re: We Can't fully Implement The N6.6trillion Budget: SGF by adconline(m): 8:08am On Jul 14, 2016
DelGardo:

No, they didn't. That's why is is called assumptions and premises.
They didn't know there will be a grudge group called NDA either. Because they can't see the future, Mr Einstein. However they used a conservative estimate of $38/bbl at 2.2m barrels per day.

Now it appears that cannot be achieved. Suck it up.

What was the oil price in Jan 2016? What was the oil price in April?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Can't fully Implement The N6.6trillion Budget: SGF by herzern(m): 8:16am On Jul 14, 2016
[size=32pt]2016 Budget is ah SCAM[/size]

6 Likes

Re: We Can't fully Implement The N6.6trillion Budget: SGF by southpole: 8:17am On Jul 14, 2016
[size=13pt]I will enlarge the photograph below and hang it in my house when my children and grand children will grow and ask why this photograph? I will tell them it reminds me of the time we had free for all corruption in Nigeria, it reminds me of the time I used to leave my house 12 mid night to queue at filling station for hours to get fuel, a time bokoharam almost over run the country, a time banks were closing by 1pm because of lack of fuel to power their systems, a time the president could not even clean the pollution that was ravaging his people someone else who his kinsmen hated so much had to come and clean it, a time a central bank governor reported corrupt practices and he was sacked, a time white was called black and black was called white. I thank the wailing Wailer that posted it on nairaland. [/size]

4 Likes

Re: We Can't fully Implement The N6.6trillion Budget: SGF by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 14, 2016
blueto:
the APC led govt is already giving
excuses for their ominous failures in
advance. 2019 will eventually come!.

when your brothers kept bombing oil installations, u rain praises on them, now the effect is here you are blaming government.

And imaging what those legislators are saying ''constituencies project'' chai!

This generation is finished!

DrabeeyWasHere

1 Like

Re: We Can't fully Implement The N6.6trillion Budget: SGF by MrRhymes101(m): 8:17am On Jul 14, 2016
Ok they no longer blame Jonathan its now avengers they blame for everything?? Shabi na una wan rule?? Now u have the country, fix the mess

Don't like my post, I'm ugly

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Can't fully Implement The N6.6trillion Budget: SGF by dejavubobo1(m): 8:17am On Jul 14, 2016
Nobody ll invest in an economy faced with so much wahala..
dwindling revenue and unstable socio & geographical problems.
Money suppose to be used, is now meant to fix pipelines & pay military guys to watch dm

1 Like

Re: We Can't fully Implement The N6.6trillion Budget: SGF by sammyj: 8:17am On Jul 14, 2016
ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Falana Replies Presidency, FG Should Stop Subjecting Sowore To Media Trial / COVID-19: We Won’t Sack Workers — Lagos / Buhari Under Pressure To End Fuel, Naira Disasters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.