Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? - Politics (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? (20322 Views)

Poll: Nigeria or your Ethnicity?

Nigeria: 52% (20 votes)
Ethnicity: 47% (18 votes)
This poll has ended

Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi / Wike Sacks Board Of Directors Loyal To Amaechi / Photos: Thugs Loyal To PDP Allegedly Attack APC Chieftain In Gombe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Onlytruth(m): 5:01am On Sep 23, 2009
Not worth it wasting time with a hermaphrodite!
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by sjeezy8: 5:03am On Sep 23, 2009
look at dis guy he sooo corny i swear
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by THEAMAKA(f): 5:04am On Sep 23, 2009
he called me a .bitch.
so what!
he is just LAME!! lol
see how he is.

if he doesnt like a girl to speak her mind, then thats his problem.
too bad that he's stuck on stupid.

Onlytruth:

Not worth it wasting time with a hermaphrodite!

thats all you can say.
you have not given me COLD HARD FACTS, AND PROOF.
therefore YOU LOSE!
you have FAILED!
abeg, carry go.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by chic2pimp(m): 5:05am On Sep 23, 2009
Dis is serious oooo  grin grin grin.

AMAKA is not SJEEZY. They don't share the same views on every topic ya know.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by THEAMAKA(f): 5:09am On Sep 23, 2009
its because im not a tribalist and i agree with sjeezy sometimes that i am on the "other side" or i am not on the "right side" or whatever else he claims.
dont mind him.

@OnlyTruth
if you cant give me real facts, take that shit and SHOVE IT!
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by sjeezy8: 5:11am On Sep 23, 2009
even me im no tribalist i just think its funny to argue
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Nobody: 5:19am On Sep 23, 2009
Onlytruth so you dey serious with this your Igbo-girls-stay-away-from-Yoruba-males campaign?
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Nigerd(m): 7:11am On Sep 23, 2009
the only thing i enjoy Nairaland for is that
u tends to  learn from peoples' excess i mean people's mindset and use that to react and see things to come, 
but at the same time none of our leaders up there neither have interest in these threads that talk more about them nor act in respect of these sensible and senseless contributions from the Landers,

@ tribal ranting,

pls try and respect other people's ethnic diff and culture,  don't take to offense learn,

Let peace rain, STOP the ABUSE ,  Igbo-Yoruba

shallom
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by udezue(m): 7:14am On Sep 23, 2009
Hhmmmmm Niger d I still wasn't moved to believe you are true son of the East or Delta.

Is that Urhobo or Isoko or Ijaw?
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Nigerd(m): 7:20am On Sep 23, 2009
udezue:

Hhmmmmm Niger d I still wasn't moved to believe you are true son of the East or Delta.

Is that Urhobo or Isoko or Ijaw?

i thought i send u some words yesterday?

just try and figure it out, am a real son of the ND though i was born and brought up in Yoruba land,

my dad was a labour right activist, but for me an Engineer but believe in a true fight of justice of the minority not kidnapping, but my brother how do u think the centre Govt will react if not kidnapping? how?
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by THEAMAKA(f): 7:28am On Sep 23, 2009
^^^^

what are you talking about?
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Nigerd(m): 7:34am On Sep 23, 2009
THE AMAKA:

^^^^

what are you talking about?

i was talking to udezue, he understand me
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by THEAMAKA(f): 7:35am On Sep 23, 2009
its not about what youre writing, but your sentence structure.
its just weird.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Nigerd(m): 7:38am On Sep 23, 2009
THE AMAKA:

its not about what youre writing, but your sentence structure.
its just weird.

am not  a grammarian ,  i was just trying to explain myself to him,
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by THEAMAKA(f): 7:38am On Sep 23, 2009
OHHH, i see.
okay.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by C2H5OH(f): 10:30am On Sep 23, 2009
Why do 110% of you airheads love to argue apples and oranges.
Senseless twigs.

For the record, I'm a self-declared tribalist.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by citizenY(m): 11:21am On Sep 23, 2009
@ All,

I am beginning to suspect that these biafrans dey do 419,

just check the time they are on line, when honest people are asleep.

They are all businessmen. Drilling oilin the night. De man wey dey do 419 is complaining about his "resources "

going to others. Na shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked wao
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by citizenY(m): 11:55am On Sep 23, 2009
u SEE, THEY CANNOT REPLY---- ALL ASLEEP
AFTER A HARD NIGHT'S WORK !!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by asha80(m): 11:58am On Sep 23, 2009
Why can't u just STFU.^^^.Just looking for trouble.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by citizenY(m): 12:38pm On Sep 23, 2009
sorry ma!
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by platinumnk(f): 3:08pm On Sep 23, 2009
C2H5OH:

Senseless twigs.

na wao sad

citizenY:

@ All,

I am beginning to suspect that these biafrans dey do 419,

just check the time they are on line, when honest people are asleep.

They are all businessmen. Drilling oilin the night. De man wey dey do 419 is complaining about his "resources "

going to others. Na shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked wao

it is YOU THE 419R
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by chiogo(f): 7:49pm On Sep 23, 2009
C2H5OH:

Senseless twigs.

Thank you oo jare. It's usually the ones who go on and on about not being tribalists that are the biggest offenders.
You could just see thru their fakeness from their posts of course, which say the opposite of what they claim. SMH!!

@topic, I think I'm gonna go with my ethnicity now. In fact, I don't go with any. . .too many senseless Nigerians including those from my ethnicity. angry I'll just be loyal to people directly related to me. . .aka the fam.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by ezeagu(m): 7:59pm On Sep 23, 2009
chiogo:

Thank you oo jare. It's usually the ones who go on and on about not being tribalists that are the biggest offenders.
You could just see thru their fakeness from their posts of course, which say the opposite of what they claim. SMH!!

@topic, I think I'm gonna go with my ethnicity now. In fact, I don't go with any. . .too many senseless Nigerians including those from my ethnicity. angry I'll just be loyal to people directly related to me. . .aka the fam.

Be loyal to developing your town.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by chiogo(f): 8:04pm On Sep 23, 2009
^^ Umm, right after you develop yours. smiley
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by platinumnk(f): 8:20pm On Sep 23, 2009
ezeagu:

Be loyal to developing your town.

[size=18pt]^^Amen![/size]

I wish every one was like you. Great point.

But another question. .  since when did being loyal to your culture equals being a tribalist?
People use that word so often and yet does not know what it means.

If Trying to honor and preserve my culture  is being wrong then I dont want to be right! grin
The same ppl trying to down others are spazzing out when I ask if they would marry white
They say no way .
So evrybodys a tribalist lol
SMH angry

And another thing what is the point! I want all of you to go home and speak only english, and raise your kids to speak only english and renounce your culture

Oh you won't?

Why not? Doesnt that make you a tribalist?
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by ChinenyeN(m): 9:00pm On Sep 23, 2009
platinumnk:

But another question. .  since when did being loyal to your culture equals being a tribalist?
That's basically the definition of tribalism.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by platinumnk(f): 9:24pm On Sep 23, 2009
ChinenyeN:

That's basically the definition of tribalism.

Yes, but in this forum it has a negative meaning. Meaning that you put your culture above everyone one elses.
So when ppl say oh hes a tribalist, is has a distinct negative touch with it.

One question?- Why dont you put your siggy in english? Are u limiting it to just those who can understand you?

Or are u embracing the language your forfathers handed down to you?
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by ChinenyeN(m): 11:29pm On Sep 23, 2009
platinumnk:

Yes, but [b]in this forum it has a negative meaning. [/b]Meaning that you put your culture above everyone one elses.
So when ppl say oh hes a tribalist, is has a distinct negative touch with it.
Yeah, I realize that. It took me some time to really understand people's use of "tribalism" here.

platinumnk:

One question?- Why dont you put your siggy in english? Are u limiting it to just those who can understand you?
I would put it in English, but it wouldn't be the same to me for two reasons: 1) A literal translation doesn't do the job & 2) I love to speak & write my language. It's part of my identity that I have embraced whole-heartedly. So much so that, when I write/speak my language, translating to English just seems to take away from what I said. I can though give you a general idea of what my signature says. My signature is basically talking about my almost uncanny ability to almost unfailingly find a way to make money.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Sep 23, 2009
platinumnk:

[b]Yes, but in this forum it has a negative meaning. Meaning that you put your culture above everyone one elses.
[/b]So when ppl say oh hes a tribalist, is has a distinct negative touch with it.

Ohh please!!! cheesy Everyone has a right to their opinions but when you start referring to other ethnicities in derogatory terms, for example Bialegend and his band of merry men, that's when you become a tribalist that seriously need to be dealt with and not because you say you're more loyal to your culture. There's a difference.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by platinumnk(f): 11:48pm On Sep 23, 2009
ChinenyeN:

Yeah, I realize that. It took me some time to really understand people's use of "tribalism" here.

I know right tongue tongue

ChinenyeN:

I would put it in English, but it wouldn't be the same to me for two reasons: 1) A literal translation doesn't do the job & 2) I love to speak & write my language. It's part of my identity that I have embraced whole-heartedly. So much so that, when I write/speak my language, translating to English just seems to take away from what I said. I can though give you a general idea of what my signature says. My signature is basically talking about my almost uncanny ability to almost unfailingly find a way to make money.
Beautiful, I hope now ^^ that you understand where I am coming from.

stillwater:

Ohh please!!! cheesy Everyone has a right to their opinions but when you start referring to other ethnicities in derogatory terms, for example Bialegend and his band of merry men, that's when you become a tribalist that seriously need to be dealt with and not because you say you're more loyal to your culture. There's a difference.
That is exactly what I am saying. Though they wont come out and say it I feel like like I was being labeled though I make no derogatory remark against other cultures except the "tainting" issue which I explained. undecided
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Nobody: 12:05am On Sep 24, 2009
I would like to know from you, do you agree with your elders?
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by AfroCynic: 12:09am On Sep 24, 2009
It took me a long time to post in this thread because I really had to think about it,

I love Nigeria, I really do but should push come to shove, I'll be an Eko Islander first, that is just the way it is.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

MEND Kills 13 Policemen In Bayelsa / Presient Buhari Departs London, To Arrive Nigeria Soon / Governor Akeredolu Reacts As School Building Collapses, Kills Student In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.