Stats: 3,148,870 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

16 Facts You Don't Know About Google - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google (24191 Views)

Please Novice Dont Contact Me If You Know Nothing About Google Adsense / Google:13 Facts You Did Not Know About The Largest Internet Company In The World / I Need To Know Everything About Google Adsense (2) (3) (4)

Re: 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google by faruz: 1:36pm On Jul 14, 2016
OnlineMercenary:
Gone are those days when we used google to test network, all thanks to nairaland.
Re: 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 14, 2016
Lexxyburg:
Just GOOGLE it!
I might be charging you for plagiarism soon ..
Re: 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google by Calyberry(f): 1:49pm On Jul 14, 2016
Uwa Na Eme Ntughari ooo for those that turned them down.
Re: 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google by Jethrolite(m): 1:50pm On Jul 14, 2016
Software202:
Below are 16 facts I bet you did not know about Google even as an internet surfer.

1. Google was initially called "Backrub"

2. 2 million searches are performed on Google every minute.

3. In 1999, the founders of Google begged to sell Google to a company called Excite for just US$1 million. Excite turned them down.

4. Every day, 16% of the searches that occur are ones that Google has never seen before.

5. If you search for "askew" in Google, the content will tilt slightly to the right.

6. Google intends to scan all known existing 129 million unique books before 2020.

7. Microsoft pays for you to use Bing instead of Google.

8. Google hired a camel to create the Street View of a desert.

9. The "I'm feeling lucky" button costs Google US$110 million every year, becuase it bypasses all ads.

10. Google's First Computer Storage Was Made From LEGO.

11. Because Gmail was first launched on April 1st of 2004, many people thought it was an April Fools' Day prank. (Smiles)

12. Google earns US$20 billion a year from advertisement, more than the primetime revenues of CBS, NBC, ABC, and FOX combined.

13. Google owns a programming language called Go.

14. Firefox web browser's lead developer is now working for Google Chrome.

15. Google's first tweet ever was "I'm feeling lucky" written in binary code.

16. Google beats Facebook: it's the world's most visited website.

Learn more at: http://9jaspot.com/201/16-Facts-You-Dont-Know-About-Google
Your research is stale, this is the reason I'm careful with this frontpage because it feeds alot of people rubbish sometimes. Google made over $50bn in 2012, Facebook is already earning over $20bn annually.
Re: 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google by Praizekeyz(m): 1:51pm On Jul 14, 2016
Many will try no:5
Re: 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google by benjibabs(m): 1:57pm On Jul 14, 2016
AdmiralDru:
How does Microsoft pay for us to use Bing instead of google.

MS does not really pay users to use Bing instead of Google, they simply pay you for using Bing. You can still use Google if you like. Check out the link below to see how you can get paid for using Bing via Bing Rewards. They actually don't give cash but credits for your searches which you can redeem for whatever you desire on the list under the redeem tab.

https://www.bing.com/rewards

I use my credits for Sykpe minutes - best reward ever! grin tongue grin
Re: 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google by aybabz101: 1:59pm On Jul 14, 2016
locosis007:
GOOGLE IS THE BIGGEST SEARCH ENGINE

IF TWO MILLION PEOPLE USE ONLY GOOGLE SEARCH PER MINUTE.

SO GOING BY CALCULATIONS.
1HR= 2M PPL * 60
WHILE ONE DAY IS
2M*60*24.. DTS ABOVW 2BILLION PPL A DAY.

AMAZING TRAFFIC!

BUT

HOW COME GOOGLE IS NOT THE RICHEST COMPANY ??

....thinking.....

because most of her services are for free. jst imagine dat the google android OS is sold to various phone producers. u pay jst one naira to access any search u want to perform on google. u pay mayb yearly to use d gmail, google plus,youtube,hangout etc....

dat is y i respect n love google soooo much. dey make many things we enjoy in mobile and internet services affordable to all.
Re: 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google by CoolAmbience(m): 2:09pm On Jul 14, 2016
Google and her two founders remain a huge inspiration to solutions driven initiators the world over.

The story around Google's success motivated me into incorporating PISL two years ago.

Today, through strategic foreign partnership, PISL offers the world most effective Zero-energy Indoor Cooling technology.

We cool indoors and shelters without electricity and airconditioners, thereby helping businesses recover substantial energy costs and to prevent millions of tonnes of CO2 emissions annually. We also restore old degraded roofing of buildings, hence eliminating associated huge re-roofing costs.

You may reach us via telephone and emails on our website: www.procorrsolutions.com

Re: 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google by TheSpellChecker: 2:15pm On Jul 14, 2016
Wow! I just tried the askew search and I got a skewed result page!

Alright, let me add just one more fact about Google.

Many people, most especially in Nigeria, do not pronounce Google correctly.

They normally pronounce it as Goggle which is wrong.

Check it out if you think I'm not correct.
Re: 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google by hssl(m): 2:23pm On Jul 14, 2016
Interesting
Re: 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google by aewhydot: 2:41pm On Jul 14, 2016

....thinking.....
[/quote]

Cos most of its products are free e.g. gmail, google drive, blogger etc
Re: 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google by maximunimpact(m): 2:44pm On Jul 14, 2016
I want to add this:

Google have more people on their payroll than any other company on earth.

#####ASK INTERNET MARKETERS#######
Re: 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google by Noblewhiz(m): 3:05pm On Jul 14, 2016
locosis007:
SO GOING BY CALCULATIONS. 1HR= 2M PPL * 60 WHILE ONE DAY IS 2M*60*24.. DTS ABOVW 2BILLION PPL A DAY.
AMAZING TRAFFIC!
BUT

....thinking.....
ask GOOGLE
Re: 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google by Ofemmanu1: 3:17pm On Jul 14, 2016
Gøogle makes $20b annually?! I must collect my share.
Re: 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google by Doubleoo(m): 3:44pm On Jul 14, 2016
And i got one point to help me boost my blog
Re: 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google by Lexxyburg(m): 3:53pm On Jul 14, 2016
Lexxyfund:
I might be charging you for plagiarism soon ..
Let's go to court. tongue
Re: 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 14, 2016
Lexxyburg:
Let's go to court. tongue

Ur monikers are similar shocked ...are u twins?
Re: 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google by BrainnewsNg(f): 3:57pm On Jul 14, 2016
Elparaiso:
Which is better, YAHOO or GOOGLE ?

Gimme a minute, I have to google it.

Ask 'Google'
Re: 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google by Lexxyburg(m): 4:01pm On Jul 14, 2016
TrapQueen77:

Ur monikers are similar shocked ...are u twins?
Nope just met him. grin
Re: 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google by AbelTer1: 4:02pm On Jul 14, 2016
Bless you Google.

When writing my undergraduate project, 80% of the books i used where gotten from googlebooks. They helped me a lot.
Re: 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 14, 2016
Lexxyburg:
Nope just met him. grin

Uum.... Weird grin

Anyway, how u doing? Still in school?
Re: 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google by charlzcavanni101(m): 4:06pm On Jul 14, 2016
locosis007:

1HR= 2M PPL * 60
WHILE ONE DAY IS

AMAZING TRAFFIC!

BUT

....thinking.....
naaa true oooo
Re: 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google by jovialSoul001(m): 4:07pm On Jul 14, 2016
Bolustic:
Another one

abeg come marry my sister den we go sponsor ur trip to us with all documents then go find work for Google abeg even if na gate man do. den after 3 months we go kill u .shikena

Re: 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google by Emeka71(m): 4:09pm On Jul 14, 2016
OnlineMercenary:
Gone are those days when we used google to test network, all thanks to nairaland.
You must be expert.
Re: 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google by Rexyl(m): 4:21pm On Jul 14, 2016
Google... Yahoo... Facebook... bing are so powerful in networking
Re: 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google by Murry05(m): 4:41pm On Jul 14, 2016
But My Frequently Visit Is Always Nairaland, Proudly Nairalander
Re: 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google by steveyoungwealth: 4:52pm On Jul 14, 2016
Who google don Epp
Re: 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google by tunnamaniah(m): 5:06pm On Jul 14, 2016
Jethrolite:
Your research is stale, this is the reason I'm careful with this frontpage because it feeds alot of people rubbish sometimes. Google made over $50bn in 2012, Facebook is already earning over $20bn annually.
he said "from advertisements", I seriously don't understand people sometimes, can't u just make a simple correction without some sought of insult
Re: 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google by iguita: 5:19pm On Jul 14, 2016
Is this calculation true? We have 7.8b people in the world. 2b go to Google daily. That means every 1 off 4 people go on Google. I am not willing to accept tha calculation.
locosis007:

1HR= 2M PPL * 60
WHILE ONE DAY IS

AMAZING TRAFFIC!

BUT

....thinking.....

Re: 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google by uvalued(m): 5:32pm On Jul 14, 2016
7. Microsoft pays for you to use Bing instead of Google.
this one interest me.. 7 na perfect number.. how where i fit start...$$$
Re: 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google by lonelydora: 5:55pm On Jul 14, 2016
How do I get my alerts? because I have just started using Bing. Who Google EPP?

Factors To Consider Before Choosing A Website Name / Indecency Link On Our National Website? / How To Remove All Unwanted Facebook Groups At Once