Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,011 members, 7,806,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Divorce: Emeka Ike Runs To High Court In Lagos To Stop Wife - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Divorce: Emeka Ike Runs To High Court In Lagos To Stop Wife (19442 Views)

Emeka Rollas Defeats Emeka Ike To Become President Of AGN / Emeka Ike: "Suzanne Emma, My Wife Was Beaten Black & Blue By One Wife Snatcher" / Emeka Ike Celebrates His 50th Birthday With New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Divorce: Emeka Ike Runs To High Court In Lagos To Stop Wife by gisthit: 7:04am On Jul 14, 2016
Lagos – A popular Nollywood actor, Emeka Ike has informed a Lagos Island Customary Court that he had filed an application before a High Court restraining the lower court from hearing the divorce suit filed by his estranged wife, Emma.

Emma had sometime in 2015 approached the court to dissolve the 16 years union between her and the Nollywood actor on grounds of incessant battery.

The allegation which the actor had vehemently denied, and begged the court not to separate them, saying “I still love my wife’’.

When the matter which was slated for judgment came up on Tuesday, Emeka’s lawyer, Mr Abdul Labi-Lawal informed the court that his client had filed a stay of proceedings before a High Court in Lagos.

The application marked FCMP/20054/16 had Emma and the Customary Court President, Mr Awos Awosola as the first and second defendants respectively.

The application sought the High Court’s declaration that the Lagos Island Customary Court lacked requisite jurisdiction to entertain and determine the Ike’s divorce suit.

The application noted that the marriage between the estranged couple was conducted in Enugu State under the Igbo customs and traditions.

Emeka also urged the High Court to declare that all the proceedings already conducted by the Customary Court in respect of couple’s marriage be rendered null and void.

The Nollywood actor also applied for a perpetual injunction restraining the Customary Court’s President, Awosola, and any other person appointed in the capacity of entertaining and or continuing the proceedings in respect of the couple’s divorce suit.

Labi-lawal, therefore, urged the court to stay proceedings on the suit pending the hearing and determination of the suit at the High Court.

Opposing the application, Emma’s lawyer, Mr Iheanyi Awa urged the court to discontinue the stay of application and deliver judgment.

Awa, who said Emeka’s application was aimed at arresting the court’s judgment, informed the court that neither his client nor himself had been served with the application.

“It is an attempt to arrest the judgment of the court, I am aware that the respondent wants to arrest the judgment which is to be delivered today.

“The stay of proceedings has been decided for a long time and court has ruled that it has jurisdiction to entertain the matter.

“It is a ploy to frustrate my client, they just want to delay the judgment till another day.

“The court should give its judgment and if they are not satisfied, they can appeal,” he said.

After listening to the submissions of both parties, the court said; “In view of the submission of the respondent, the stay of proceedings is hereby granted, and the matter is hereby adjourned sine die.’’

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/emeka-ike-moves-stop-wifes-divorce-takes-case-high-court/

1 Like

Re: Divorce: Emeka Ike Runs To High Court In Lagos To Stop Wife by gisthit: 7:06am On Jul 14, 2016
All is well,God help them.

IS EMEKA IKE REALLY BAD?SEE WHAT HIS WIFE SAID ABOUT THEIR DIVORCE @@@ http://www.gisthit.com/2016/07/emeka-ike-begs-lagos-court-not-to.html

1 Like

Re: Divorce: Emeka Ike Runs To High Court In Lagos To Stop Wife by Kenneth205(m): 7:09am On Jul 14, 2016
gisthit:
All is well

Even in the well
Re: Divorce: Emeka Ike Runs To High Court In Lagos To Stop Wife by FlawlesRebirth02(f): 7:17am On Jul 14, 2016
mute*
Re: Divorce: Emeka Ike Runs To High Court In Lagos To Stop Wife by sinaj(f): 7:22am On Jul 14, 2016
They should settle d differences for their kid's sake.

11 Likes

Re: Divorce: Emeka Ike Runs To High Court In Lagos To Stop Wife by DTalented(m): 7:54am On Jul 14, 2016
Eiyaa
Re: Divorce: Emeka Ike Runs To High Court In Lagos To Stop Wife by theEYe21(f): 8:13am On Jul 14, 2016
sinaj:
Re: Divorce: Emeka Ike Runs To High Court In Lagos To Stop Wife by theEYe21(f): 8:15am On Jul 14, 2016
She should be patient till her kids are fully grown and matured enough to take care of themselves, then she can divorce

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Divorce: Emeka Ike Runs To High Court In Lagos To Stop Wife by kagari: 9:57am On Jul 14, 2016
hey house today is my birthday, i wish i could get 100 likes from nairaland for once since joining. God bless our families, God bless our hustles

129 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divorce: Emeka Ike Runs To High Court In Lagos To Stop Wife by martineverest(m): 9:58am On Jul 14, 2016
i dont really y couples cant resolve their problems

1 Like

Re: Divorce: Emeka Ike Runs To High Court In Lagos To Stop Wife by xavier0327(f): 10:01am On Jul 14, 2016
Marriage na by force?

3 Likes

Re: Divorce: Emeka Ike Runs To High Court In Lagos To Stop Wife by Emarc16(m): 10:02am On Jul 14, 2016
hian

Re: Divorce: Emeka Ike Runs To High Court In Lagos To Stop Wife by jay89(m): 10:03am On Jul 14, 2016
Nawa oo
Re: Divorce: Emeka Ike Runs To High Court In Lagos To Stop Wife by blank(f): 10:04am On Jul 14, 2016
martineverest:
i dont really y couples cant resolve their problems

How do you resolve problems when the problem is that the other person keeps beating you and spreading false stories about you. Also sleeps around. What's to resolve? If the relationship is no longer working, everyone has the choice to move on.

21 Likes

Re: Divorce: Emeka Ike Runs To High Court In Lagos To Stop Wife by Emarc16(m): 10:04am On Jul 14, 2016
ahhh

Re: Divorce: Emeka Ike Runs To High Court In Lagos To Stop Wife by MsGlobalwonder(f): 10:04am On Jul 14, 2016
So, after pummelling her to stupor and denying her access to her kids, you still want her stuck to you for life by not making her get divorce from you in peace... God will see to your case you beast. Such temerity!! Wth!!

8 Likes

Re: Divorce: Emeka Ike Runs To High Court In Lagos To Stop Wife by aguiyi2: 10:05am On Jul 14, 2016
If the love is gone, why stay in the marriage? .

1 Like

Re: Divorce: Emeka Ike Runs To High Court In Lagos To Stop Wife by holluwai(m): 10:06am On Jul 14, 2016
Emma where is Anita?
Re: Divorce: Emeka Ike Runs To High Court In Lagos To Stop Wife by byvan03: 10:06am On Jul 14, 2016
Abeg madam forgive him, he has really fought hard not be divorced cheesy.
Re: Divorce: Emeka Ike Runs To High Court In Lagos To Stop Wife by neocortex: 10:06am On Jul 14, 2016
sinaj:
If the alleged battery is true, it will be counter-productive for the woman to remain
with him even for "kid's sake" as violent people can't be trusted with one's life.

9 Likes

Re: Divorce: Emeka Ike Runs To High Court In Lagos To Stop Wife by neocortex: 10:08am On Jul 14, 2016
theEYe21:
She should be patient till her kids are fully grown and matured enough to take care of themselves, then she can divorce
If she can endure till the kids are matured, then she will have no
need to divorce him in the first place.

4 Likes

Re: Divorce: Emeka Ike Runs To High Court In Lagos To Stop Wife by Scream(m): 10:08am On Jul 14, 2016
Why is the lady bent on divorce? I am beginning to think that she is the real problem...sealed soul. The man has been begging... why won't you give him a chance? If you do not believe him, stay apart and let every wound heal but ensure the children are taken care off.

She should stop being selfish and childish. I suspect that one idiot has been deceiving her.

Woman go and build your home, your mama didn't give the sht you are giving your children.

Emeka, should behave too...they are acting like children and 'them born full ground' within a short period.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divorce: Emeka Ike Runs To High Court In Lagos To Stop Wife by MsGlobalwonder(f): 10:10am On Jul 14, 2016
sinaj:
the best way to settle it is what Emma has gone.. divorce!! Or you will rather have her dead? He denied her access to her kids. He denied her access to their school business they jointly owned. What is remaining to to deny her access to life! She has every right to live!

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Divorce: Emeka Ike Runs To High Court In Lagos To Stop Wife by Domislaz(m): 10:10am On Jul 14, 2016
So he has suddenly become an octopus holding her with multiple hands. A typical case of "for better for worst" grin

1 Like

Re: Divorce: Emeka Ike Runs To High Court In Lagos To Stop Wife by Maxcollins042(m): 10:10am On Jul 14, 2016
Re: Divorce: Emeka Ike Runs To High Court In Lagos To Stop Wife by MsGlobalwonder(f): 10:11am On Jul 14, 2016
theEYe21:
seriously Ahh! She should wait till her kids are grown before she has a life? because her life and destiny is tied around her children? Oh dear...

5 Likes

Re: Divorce: Emeka Ike Runs To High Court In Lagos To Stop Wife by MsGlobalwonder(f): 10:14am On Jul 14, 2016
xavier0327:
Marriage na by force?
you dey mind emeka.. he is a bully! He has bullied her to the extent she has lost every little esteem remaining. Now she is trying to pick her life back, he is crying foul. He knows Emma will at least have access to d kids and her properties, that is why he is running around like a headless chicken. He has failed already.

6 Likes

Re: Divorce: Emeka Ike Runs To High Court In Lagos To Stop Wife by chelseababy(f): 10:14am On Jul 14, 2016
As much as I hate d idea of divorce especially when kids are involved,I will not advice any any lady to stay in an abusive relationship,it not only affect her physically but also psychologically. Her kids can also imitate the father.

4 Likes

Re: Divorce: Emeka Ike Runs To High Court In Lagos To Stop Wife by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 14, 2016
I might have argued that there was no battery in this marriage, but the manner Emeka is going about desperately trying to clutch on to the marriage suggests that he is a control freak who likes to have things his way. This of course characterises abusers. Nevertheless, people can be shocking, so I won't be surprised to learn that his wife is the emotional batterer in the marriage. Emeka it haff do grin free her jor, if she's yours she'll come back to you

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Burna Boy, Phyno, Runtown Shutdown All- Stars Event In Abuja/lagos / Sensei Uche Writes An Open Letter To Yusuf Buhari / Lady Gaga Confirms Engagement To Christian Carino

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.