Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,548 members, 7,809,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

Should I Marry Him/her? What Advice Was Given - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Should I Marry Him/her? What Advice Was Given (894 Views)

When Should Zakatul Fitr Be Given, And What Can Be Given For Zakatul Fitr / Why Should I Marry You ??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Marry Him/her? What Advice Was Given by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 14, 2016
As humans, making decisions is part of our everyday life. Some decisions have more impact in our lives than others. But, how do we know if the decisions we are making are right and better for us?

Should I marry him?
Should I take that job?
Should I buy that dress?

The prophet Muhammed (peace and blessing be upon him) already gave us the answer about 1400 years ago!

As reported by al-Bukhaari, 6841, with similar reports in recorded by al-Tirmidhi, al-Nisaa’i, Abu Dawood, Ibn Maajah and Ahmad).

Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah al-Salami narrated, “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to teach his companions to make istikhaarah in all things, just as he used to teach them soorahs from the Qur’aan. He said: ‘If any one of you is concerned about a decision he has to make, then let him pray two rak’ahs of non-obligatory prayer, then say: Allaahumma inni astakheeruka bi ‘ilmika wa astaqdiruka bi qudratika wa as’aluka min fadlika, fa innaka taqdiru wa laa aqdir, wa ta’lamu wa laa a’lam, wa anta ‘allaam al-ghuyoob. Allaahumma fa in kunta ta’lamu haadha’l-amra (then the matter should be mentioned by name) khayran li fi ‘aajil amri wa aajilihi (or: fi deeni wa ma’aashi wa ‘aaqibati amri) faqdurhu li wa yassirhu li thumma baarik li fihi. Allaahumma wa in kunta ta’lamu annahu sharrun li fi deeni wa ma’aashi wa ‘aaqibati amri (or: fi ‘aajili amri wa aajilihi) fasrifni ‘anhu [wasrafhu ‘anni] waqdur li al-khayr haythu kaana thumma radini bihi (O Allaah, I seek Your guidance [in making a choice] by virtue of Your knowledge, and I seek ability by virtue of Your power, and I ask You of Your great bounty. You have power, I have none. And You know, I know not. You are the Knower of hidden things. O Allaah, if in Your knowledge, this matter (then it should be mentioned by name) is good for me both in this world and in the Hereafter (or: in my religion, my livelihood and my affairs), then ordain it for me, make it easy for me, and bless it for me. And if in Your knowledge it is bad for me and for my religion, my livelihood and my affairs (or: for me both in this world and the next), then turn me away from it, [and turn it away from me], and ordain for me the good wherever it may be and make me pleased with it.”
Key things to note about praying istikhaarah

You should have made a decision on what to do. If you aren't sure about the two choices, you should pray two istikhaarah for both choices. I will post more on how to pray istikhaarah.

It is important to do adequate research about the choice you are making.

Istikhaarah should be done by YOU not someone else.

One cannot pray istikhaarah for prohibited and sinful decisions. For example, I wouldn't pray istikhaarah to decide if I should steal or not.

Lastly, one’s heart should not be attached to the matter in question, because that will result in a person becoming restless. Being pleased with something means that one’s heart is content with the decree of Allaah.

Source: www.islamqa.info/en

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Him/her? What Advice Was Given by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 14, 2016
You dont do istikhara on matters already made clear by Al-kitab wa Sunnah! For example you want to do istikhara to know the time to say your salah, or you want guidance on selling alcohol or not....

You don't get answers from any sort of dream or so, where some people say seeing red means no go area and the likes, rather, just have faith in Allaah, whatever is best for you thats what Allaah will guide you onto.

ALLAAH KNOWS BEST.

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Him/her? What Advice Was Given by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 14, 2016
lexiconkabir:
You dont do istikhara on matters already made clear by Al-kitab wa Sunnah! For example you want to do istikhara to know the time to say your salah, or you want guidance on selling alcohol or not....

You don't get answers from any sort of dream or so, where some people say seeing red means no go area and the likes, rather, just have faith in Allaah, whatever is best for you thats what Allaah will guide you onto.

ALLAAH KNOWS BEST.

Couldn't have said it better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Marry Him/her? What Advice Was Given by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 15, 2016
Mods isn't this fp worthy?
Re: Should I Marry Him/her? What Advice Was Given by Souljaboi1: 4:54pm On Jul 29, 2016
Contact17:
As humans, making decisions is part of our everyday life. Some decisions have more impact in our lives than others. But, how do we know if the decisions we are making are right and better for us?

Should I marry him?
Should I take that job?
Should I buy that dress?

The prophet Muhammed (peace and blessing be upon him) already gave us the answer about 1400 years ago!

As reported by al-Bukhaari, 6841, with similar reports in recorded by al-Tirmidhi, al-Nisaa’i, Abu Dawood, Ibn Maajah and Ahmad).

Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah al-Salami narrated, “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to teach his companions to make istikhaarah in all things, just as he used to teach them soorahs from the Qur’aan. He said: ‘If any one of you is concerned about a decision he has to make, then let him pray two rak’ahs of non-obligatory prayer, then say: Allaahumma inni astakheeruka bi ‘ilmika wa astaqdiruka bi qudratika wa as’aluka min fadlika, fa innaka taqdiru wa laa aqdir, wa ta’lamu wa laa a’lam, wa anta ‘allaam al-ghuyoob. Allaahumma fa in kunta ta’lamu haadha’l-amra (then the matter should be mentioned by name) khayran li fi ‘aajil amri wa aajilihi (or: fi deeni wa ma’aashi wa ‘aaqibati amri) faqdurhu li wa yassirhu li thumma baarik li fihi. Allaahumma wa in kunta ta’lamu annahu sharrun li fi deeni wa ma’aashi wa ‘aaqibati amri (or: fi ‘aajili amri wa aajilihi) fasrifni ‘anhu [wasrafhu ‘anni] waqdur li al-khayr haythu kaana thumma radini bihi (O Allaah, I seek Your guidance [in making a choice] by virtue of Your knowledge, and I seek ability by virtue of Your power, and I ask You of Your great bounty. You have power, I have none. And You know, I know not. You are the Knower of hidden things. O Allaah, if in Your knowledge, this matter (then it should be mentioned by name) is good for me both in this world and in the Hereafter (or: in my religion, my livelihood and my affairs), then ordain it for me, make it easy for me, and bless it for me. And if in Your knowledge it is bad for me and for my religion, my livelihood and my affairs (or: for me both in this world and the next), then turn me away from it, [and turn it away from me], and ordain for me the good wherever it may be and make me pleased with it.”
Key things to note about praying istikhaarah

You should have made a decision on what to do. If you aren't sure about the two choices, you should pray two istikhaarah for both choices. I will post more on how to pray istikhaarah.

It is important to do adequate research about the choice you are making.

Istikhaarah should be done by YOU not someone else.

One cannot pray istikhaarah for prohibited and sinful decisions. For example, I wouldn't pray istikhaarah to decide if I should steal or not.

Lastly, one’s heart should not be attached to the matter in question, because that will result in a person becoming restless. Being pleased with something means that one’s heart is content with the decree of Allaah.

Source: www.islamqa.info/en

BaarakaLLaahu alayk !

The bolded is quite tricky.

Shaykh Al-Albaani (RahimahuLLaah) was asked about it and he said Solatul Istikharaah isn't done to remove doubt. It should be done to seek Allaah's guidance after a decision has been made. So in a case where there are more than one prospective spouse, the person should evaluate them and make a decision. S/He should then make the Du'a and trust in Allaah; if there is khayr in it, it would be possible, if not, well move onto the next person.

And Allaah knows best.
Re: Should I Marry Him/her? What Advice Was Given by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 29, 2016
Souljaboi1:

BaarakaLLaahu alayk !

The bolded is quite tricky.

Shaykh Al-Albaani (RahimahuLLaah) was asked about it and he said Solatul Istikharaah isn't done to remove doubt. It should be done to seek Allaah's guidance after a decision has been made. So in a case where there are more than one prospective spouse, the person should evaluate them and make a decision. S/He should then make the Du'a and trust in Allaah; if there is khayr in it, it would be possible, if not, well move onto the next person.

And Allaah knows best.

I will check research more on that in sha Allah. I don't know maybe I worded it wrong but what I meant was if a person for example has made a decision to buy a car but isn't sure if to buy a red of blue car then he should do istikahra for both the red and blue car.Anyways I will go back and read more on it in sha Allah. Thanks for bringing that up

(1) (Reply)

We Are Muslim Not Terrorist / Minding Manners (manners Of Joking) / The Biography Of Omar Ibn al-Khattab- By Sayyid Hossein al-Qazwini

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.