Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). (22932 Views)

10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi / What Are The Things We All Do But Do Not Admit Doing Them? / Top 15 Things We Used To Do In 80's/90's We Do No More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). by mizzbouqui(f): 11:33am On Jul 14, 2016
We love Nigeria even as bad it is.

Nigerians not only love Naija, we will defend Naija anywhere. We as Nigerians can talk smack about Naija but foreigners who do, are going to become food for the internet keyboard warriors.

We always defend and claim to love Nigeria. But deep down there are times when we are ashamed to be called Nigerians. Here are some things we absolutely hate about being Nigerian:

1.  Hypocrisy
Nigerians are big hypocrites. We’re the ones who preach “buy naira to grow Naija” but import new cars from different countries. And we have Innoson motors.

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). by mizzbouqui(f): 11:34am On Jul 14, 2016
2.  Always showing off
The average Nigerian is a show-off. Everything he has must be rubbed in the faces of other people. Regardless of whether they’re better off or not.

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). by mizzbouqui(f): 11:35am On Jul 14, 2016
3.  We copy too much
A few years ago, everyone wanted to become a musician. This was because some people were making it in music. Later, it was blogging because Linda Ikeji. Now, it seems everywhere is full of Makeup artists.

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). by mizzbouqui(f): 11:36am On Jul 14, 2016
4.  We’ve accepted corruption as the norm
A Nigerian will blame the government for not fighting corruption but will bribe the police when he commits an offence. Isn’t it ironical?

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). by mizzbouqui(f): 11:37am On Jul 14, 2016
5.  We hate the environment
Most Nigerians don’t give a rat’s behind about the environment. We are the consummate litterbugs.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). by Cutehector(m): 11:37am On Jul 14, 2016
Nice one mizzbouqui

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). by mizzbouqui(f): 11:38am On Jul 14, 2016
6.  The Government must solve all problems
The government must solve all problems is the attitude of most average Nigerians. We’ve clearly never heard

"heaven helps those who help themselves."

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). by mizzbouqui(f): 11:39am On Jul 14, 2016
7.  We have no love for animals
Remember the innocent dolphin killed in Delta state? Yes, Nigerians don’t care about animals. Not at all!

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). by mizzbouqui(f): 11:40am On Jul 14, 2016
8.  Respect is tied to Money
The degree of respect you get in Naija is tied to how much money you have. And we wonder why this country is so bad.

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). by mizzbouqui(f): 11:41am On Jul 14, 2016
9.  We love being right
Forget your opinion, ours is better. Also, we’re always right. Even if we’re wrong. This is the Nigerian attitude.

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 14, 2016
make I book space

cheesy
Re: 10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). by mizzbouqui(f): 11:42am On Jul 14, 2016
10.  We pay lip service to everything
Imagine someone complains of flooding but dumps refuse in the only drainage system on his street. Isn’t that stupidity?

http://omgvoice.com/lifestyle/things-hate-nigerian/?geoip
Cc: Lalasticlala

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). by alberto2k(m): 11:44am On Jul 14, 2016
Ogbeni gba gbe. . . These are some few notable things that makes we Nigerians UNIQUE!

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 14, 2016
i was here.....
Re: 10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). by mizzbouqui(f): 11:46am On Jul 14, 2016
Cutehector:
Nice one mizzbouqui
Thanks

1 Like

Re: 10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). by Layooluwa(f): 11:58am On Jul 14, 2016
OP, nice one. Very truecheesy

And I must say, you are looking really beautifulsmiley

1 Like

Re: 10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). by sanyahkod(m): 12:11pm On Jul 14, 2016
That No.7 really dey vex me o. Never seen a dolphin before in Nigeria and the very first time I'm seeing it is when being slaughtered by chibuzor and co.
Idiots!!!

Awon alatenuje oshi.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). by mizzbouqui(f): 12:40pm On Jul 14, 2016
Layooluwa:
OP, nice one. Very truecheesy

And I must say, you are looking really beautifulsmiley
Aww thanks
Re: 10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 14, 2016
mizzbouqui:
7.  We have no love for animals
Remember the innocent dolphin killed in Delta state? Yes, Nigerians don’t care about animals. Not at all!

Na dis one pain me pass wallahi. Such an innocent mammal abi na fish sef

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). by Certifiedbillio(m): 2:43pm On Jul 14, 2016
Op, bravo Zulu, you said it all, but the dolphin own pain pass, I would I paid to save it's life I I were there cry cry cry cry

14 Likes

Re: 10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). by mizzbouqui(f): 3:02pm On Jul 14, 2016
Certifiedbillio:
Op, bravo Zulu, you said it all, but the dolphin own pain pass, I would I paid to save it's life I I were there cry cry cry cry
Eeyah sowie cry

1 Like

Re: 10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). by Certifiedbillio(m): 3:19pm On Jul 14, 2016
mizzbouqui:

Eeyah sowie cry
thank you

1 Like

Re: 10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). by RichYoungNigga: 4:35pm On Jul 14, 2016
People like you are the problems of Nigeria, they lick white men's ass, You haven't been to any foreign country in the world, how do you come to conclussion about what you said about Nigeria ??
I can help you buy some senses because you need them.
you're the most unintelligent person in the world.
You're stuck in Nigeria and probably never been to any country to see how things are done.

1. Hypocrisy : Nigeria likes foreign goods ?? In America, we import 70% of what we use.

2. Always showing off ?? Really ?? Have you been to a country where they value Nike or Adidas sneakers and live on borrowed things ?? 90% of Americans don't pay cash when they buy things.

3. Accept corrupt as the norm : Nigeria is not corrupt, have you been to China ?? You need to go to China to know what corruption mean.

4. We hate our Environment : My first day in America, i got to Miami Florida and was so disappointed, i would prefer Ajegunle to what i saw, Do you think America is what they show you on TV ?? Have you been to Queens New York ?? Alabama ?? Mississippi, Louisiana ??

5. We kill animals ?? Really, we kill anything, everything and eat everything in America. We kill and eat Raccoons, rattle snakes, turtles, hogs,Mouse, els, bats, anything you can think of, if we catch that dolphin, e no go believe wetin we go do to him

You're just a hypocrite that needs to travel around the world and stop saying bad things about Nigeria.

You're lame

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). by ournaijablog(f): 4:37pm On Jul 14, 2016
when i saw the topic i wanted to say 10 things you hate about being Nigerian, but as I read I could totally relate, sadly this is the truth

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). by SmooshCHN: 4:38pm On Jul 14, 2016
WE THINK SUFFERING AND SMILING IS RESILIENCE

10 Likes

Re: 10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). by lonelydora: 4:39pm On Jul 14, 2016
Op, i just wish I can take you out for this wonderful piece. Nice one.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). by sentee(f): 4:39pm On Jul 14, 2016
No 6 really got me, we think the government is God.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). by Pavore9: 4:40pm On Jul 14, 2016
Every animal is a pepper soup possibility!

4 Likes

Re: 10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). by Wenebadu(f): 4:40pm On Jul 14, 2016
Op you are right

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). by dulux07(m): 4:41pm On Jul 14, 2016
11. Nigerians dont like hearing the truth. Op. U said d truth, ironically nigerians dont like to hear it

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). by SlimBrawnie(f): 4:41pm On Jul 14, 2016
10 things we hate about being human then cos this happens everything , though prevalent in some areas.
Re: 10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). by Isoni(m): 4:42pm On Jul 14, 2016
Welcome to the 10 things crew

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What's That Argument You Can Never Involve Yourself In? / Sexkillz Must Go!! / A Tribute To "Evans Ayi" Who Died 2 Months After Nysc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.