Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,232 members, 7,807,767 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

What Qualifies One To Be Branded A Nairaland Phone Marketer - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Qualifies One To Be Branded A Nairaland Phone Marketer (1221 Views)

Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Main Winners Tread / Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Voting Tread / Airtel Female Marketer Displaying Her Panties Via A See-thorough Outfit (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Qualifies One To Be Branded A Nairaland Phone Marketer by Norman4real(m): 12:58pm On Jul 14, 2016
I've been using Nairaland for about 4 months now and I've noticed that there's this issue of people being branded as marketers especially "Tecno". Some nairalanders have gone ahead to make lists of these so called Marketers.

I'd like to state for a fact that I love tecno phones, I've used H6, phantom a+, camon c8 and currently c9. I'll admit they're not perfect coz I've had issues here and there but that hasn't deterred my loyalty.

Likewise I believe there are those that feel the same way about Chinese brands like injoo, INFINIX, gionee, lenovo, etc.... And of course I've seen loyal users of the big brands like blackberry, Samsung and apple.

All these people,whether Chinese brand or not, have one thing in common, they'll do anything to defend their beloved brands and naturally encourage others to join them and buy these phones coz they assume what's good for them is good for everyone else, which to me is OK.

I believe it's possible that some of these companies could be having marketers here but I won't make that my business since its not a crime anyway.

My question is, at what point does one qualify to be branded a tecno Marketer??
But why should we call someone a tecno Marketer when he showers praise for his phone??
Should we just keep quiet and only come here to complain when our phones get issues??
Don't brands like infinix deserve any praise when a customer is satisfied??
What do we say about people who come here just to bad mouth brands they've never even used??

Personally I was once called a Marketer coz I said in an earlier post that I'd switched from an s5 samsung to a tecno c9 and that I loved it. I'd just like to know your views guys. cool cool
Re: What Qualifies One To Be Branded A Nairaland Phone Marketer by Dannybrainz: 1:20pm On Jul 14, 2016
good post..i see beef here and there jst like football fanatics.its not a bad thing for some one to be representing a product he/she got satisfaction from.
Re: What Qualifies One To Be Branded A Nairaland Phone Marketer by Dannybrainz: 1:24pm On Jul 14, 2016
where is very one? they should come and air their views on this...cos if i heard shikim agn on NL, i go......till then undecided
Re: What Qualifies One To Be Branded A Nairaland Phone Marketer by annacheem: 3:35pm On Jul 14, 2016
yea it's true u actually have a point
Re: What Qualifies One To Be Branded A Nairaland Phone Marketer by Norman4real(m): 6:48pm On Jul 14, 2016
Thanks for your opinions
Re: What Qualifies One To Be Branded A Nairaland Phone Marketer by Godswillnwaoma(m): 8:11pm On Jul 14, 2016
Norman4real:
Thanks for your opinions
can you please give me a detailed review of your camon c 9.
I wanna buy it.
Re: What Qualifies One To Be Branded A Nairaland Phone Marketer by Nkonadi(m): 8:20pm On Jul 14, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
I wanna buy it.

its cool.. Though overhyped.. The front 13MP camera is not as good as the back 13MP.
Hyped as a camera/selfie phone, it doesnt come with camera settings. WTF

1.3Ghz processor aint something to use in a smartphone of that calibre.

The battery lasts well...

Many more... But lastly, its a cool phone and worth the price.

See review: www.techdibia.com/2016/07/meet-tecno-camon-c9-with-13mp-front.html
Re: What Qualifies One To Be Branded A Nairaland Phone Marketer by Norman4real(m): 10:45am On Jul 15, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
I wanna buy it.
well it's cameras are good but like someone said, they lack proper adjustment tools. I also think the selfie camera and the eye unlock thing were hyped for no reason but then again I didn't buy for selfie cameras.
I think it's main strengths are in the fact that the ram is 2GB, so smooth operation and I also liked the fact that it's processors were increased to octacore it really makes the gaming good. it obviously heats up after playing games for long but at least not as much as the c8 and h6 that I used earlier. It's display is also very good, a full HD, one of the reasons I bought it.
Personally I like the size but I feel like they should have done better with its design. The battery doesn't take me full day but I think that's coz am a heavy user so I have no complaint there. it's charging is kinda fast tho but I never let my phone go below 30% so I don't know how long a full charge takes.
Re: What Qualifies One To Be Branded A Nairaland Phone Marketer by Dembali: 12:25pm On Jul 15, 2016
Calling someone a marketer when he or she showers praises on his preferred phone brand is the biggest nonsense i have seen in a while. Okay what of those fanatics who love football And boast and defend their Clubs, Are they also Marketers?? I am a Tecno fan and a very Proud one at that.

1 Like

Re: What Qualifies One To Be Branded A Nairaland Phone Marketer by winnijaf(f): 12:37pm On Jul 15, 2016
Dembali:
Calling someone a marketer when he or she showers praises on his preferred phone brand is the biggest nonsense i have seen in a while. Okay what of those fanatics who love football And boast and defend their Clubs, Are they also Marketers?? I am a Tecno fan and a very Proud one at that.

Hahaha, Welcome to Nairaland where Loyal fans of a Brand is called all manner Of Unprintable Names. Its Just Typical.
Re: What Qualifies One To Be Branded A Nairaland Phone Marketer by Leobreezy(m): 1:27pm On Jul 15, 2016
Definition of marketer in English:

marketer

Pronunciation: /ˈmɑːkɪtə/

NOUN

A person or company that advertises or promotes something

Example below

4 Likes

Re: What Qualifies One To Be Branded A Nairaland Phone Marketer by winnijaf(f): 2:23pm On Jul 15, 2016
Leobreezy:

marketer

NOUN

Example below

You Quoted my Account and i really do not see any marketing whatsoever in my post. This is Blatant defamation of Username. Kindly Remove this Pix.
Re: What Qualifies One To Be Branded A Nairaland Phone Marketer by Leobreezy(m): 3:12pm On Jul 15, 2016
winnijaf:

You Quoted my Account and i really do not see any marketing whatsoever in my post. This is Blatant defamation of Username. Kindly Remove this Pix.

Oh, I'm sorry. Maybe I should've quoted your other accounts tecno "fans" wink

2 Likes

Re: What Qualifies One To Be Branded A Nairaland Phone Marketer by sorextee(m): 3:34pm On Jul 15, 2016
The op above, what's with the digging of his/her profile? undecided
Re: What Qualifies One To Be Branded A Nairaland Phone Marketer by sorextee(m): 3:37pm On Jul 15, 2016
Never and will never be a fan of tecno..

I'm a security conscious person, that was why I used a z30, along side apple.

I don't like brands that gives government backdoor access. Where all ur activities are monitored.
Re: What Qualifies One To Be Branded A Nairaland Phone Marketer by mosjames: 4:33pm On Jul 15, 2016
If you recommend what you've used for others, Nigerians will term it marketing.
Re: What Qualifies One To Be Branded A Nairaland Phone Marketer by Norman4real(m): 5:25pm On Jul 15, 2016
sorextee:
Never and will never be a fan of tecno..

I'm a security conscious person, that was why I used a z30, along side apple.

I don't like brands that gives government backdoor access. Where all ur activities are monitored.
U make a good point. On my side however I have nothing to hide so the govt can go through my phone as much as it wants.
Re: What Qualifies One To Be Branded A Nairaland Phone Marketer by Leobreezy(m): 5:45pm On Jul 15, 2016
sorextee:
The op above, what's with the digging of his/her profile? undecided
No hassle. I'm just passing a message to the tecno "fans" that not all nairalanders are as gullible and stupid as they think

1 Like

Re: What Qualifies One To Be Branded A Nairaland Phone Marketer by sorextee(m): 6:14pm On Jul 15, 2016
That means u really trust ur government. How patriotic. cheesy based on where I work, we take security of our contents and nd info with a high priority. That's why we all use bb10 phones as primary (emails nd calls) or apple. Android ain't secured at all, except phones with the KNOX feature.

Norman4real:
U make a good point. On my side however I have nothing to hide so the govt can go through my phone as much as it wants.
Re: What Qualifies One To Be Branded A Nairaland Phone Marketer by Dannybrainz: 7:18pm On Jul 15, 2016
Leobreezy:

marketer

NOUN

Example below
Reading mindset is very important... What was on ur mind wen you quote those text?
Re: What Qualifies One To Be Branded A Nairaland Phone Marketer by Dannybrainz: 7:21pm On Jul 15, 2016
mosjames:
If you recommend what you've used for others, Nigerians will term it marketing.
Some pple were born to scatter and some to amend.maybe he/she was bored. Blame them not.
Re: What Qualifies One To Be Branded A Nairaland Phone Marketer by Leobreezy(m): 9:56pm On Jul 15, 2016
Dannybrainz:

Reading mindset is very important... What was on ur mind wen you quote those text?
Seriously! Can't you at least try to be discrete? Do you think I wouldn't know this is another one of your accounts? Your existence is futile and that thing wobbling in your skull is evidently useless! For someone who thinks he can deceive others, you're just a dummkopf.

@Norman4real I hope from all this you can now see proof that there are actually dimwitted tecno marketers on nairaland using different profiles.

2 Likes

Re: What Qualifies One To Be Branded A Nairaland Phone Marketer by akashi01(m): 10:55pm On Jul 15, 2016
Leobreezy:
Seriously! Can't you at least try to be discrete? Do you think I wouldn't know this is another one of your accounts? Your existence is futile and that thing wobbling in your skull is evidently useless! For someone who thinks he can deceive others, you're just a dummkopf.

@Norman4real I hope from all this you can now see proof that there are actually dimwitted tecno marketers on nairaland using different profiles.

God bless u guy..check OPs profile too
Re: What Qualifies One To Be Branded A Nairaland Phone Marketer by gentlegenius(m): 11:08pm On Jul 15, 2016
It's quite funny that this marketer thing always revolves around TECNO. Once you mention that name, people will call you a marketer. I think the reason why this happen is because TECNO is getting more popular every day in Nigeria and their haters are not comfortable with that. So once you mention TECNO, they'll quickly call you a marketer because they think you are making them more and more popular. But the truth is this:
TECNO don't need marketers, promoters and advertisers to help them to become popular. But they are popular because their phones sells a lot here. And The only reason why their phones sells a lot in Nigeria is because they took time to study the Nigerian situation and manufacture phones that meet our most important needs. For example, they noticed that our economy is collapsing and things are really tight, an average Nigerian needs a good but cheap smartphone, so they optimize their phones and sell at affordable prices. They also noticed our power problems so they make almost all their latest phones with powerful batteries. Most of their phones that sells so much in Nigeria will not sell in countries like United States, China or even South Africa. So their strategy makes them popular not marketers.
Re: What Qualifies One To Be Branded A Nairaland Phone Marketer by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jul 15, 2016
Leobreezy:

Oh, I'm sorry. Maybe I should've quoted your other accounts tecno "fans" wink

You would be good in Investigation o....i like this
Re: What Qualifies One To Be Branded A Nairaland Phone Marketer by AnnabelR0se(f): 11:59pm On Jul 15, 2016
Every brand has fans and that is not going to change soon. Even Apple pays their fans to queue as if they want to buy their latest release.
Re: What Qualifies One To Be Branded A Nairaland Phone Marketer by Nkonadi(m): 1:40am On Jul 16, 2016
AnnabelR0se:
Every brand has fans and that is not going to change soon. Even Apple pays their fans to queue as if they want to buy their latest release.

Picture or idntblvit
Re: What Qualifies One To Be Branded A Nairaland Phone Marketer by mosjames: 9:07am On Jul 19, 2016
Dannybrainz:

Some pple were born to scatter and some to amend.maybe he/she was bored. Blame them not.
Someone that is well educated won't do something like that.
Re: What Qualifies One To Be Branded A Nairaland Phone Marketer by flexcity82: 10:07am On Jul 29, 2016
are you sure about this?
AnnabelR0se:
Re: What Qualifies One To Be Branded A Nairaland Phone Marketer by flexcity82: 10:07am On Jul 29, 2016
lmao
mosjames:

Someone that is well educated won't do something like that.

(1) (Reply)

Specs, Features, Review And Price Of The New Infinix Note 3 X601 In Nigeria / If Your Babe Asks You For Iphone 7 - What Will Be Your Response? / Mtn Customer Care Agents; The Real Propagators Of Frustration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.