Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,774 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

Epileptic Woman Falls Into Fire In Ugandan (Graphic Photos) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Epileptic Woman Falls Into Fire In Ugandan (Graphic Photos) (32729 Views)

I Am Epileptic Please Help / 3-Year-Old Girl Falls Into Pan Of Boiling Oil In Maiduguri, Suffers Burns (Pics) / Epileptic Girl Falls Inside Boiling Oil While Having Seizure (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Epileptic Woman Falls Into Fire In Ugandan (Graphic Photos) by henryanna36: 1:03pm On Jul 14, 2016
The lady pictured above allegedly fell facedown into fire last weekend during one of her epileptic feet. Grace Nakagulire fell facedown into fire after she had one of her attacks when she went to the kitchen unsupervised. Her cousin who shared the photos said the victim has been suffering epilepsy since she was 3-years-old. She wrote;

My cousin, Grace Nakagulire has lived with epilepsy since she was three years old. Most of her life, she lived with her mother in the village. She loves to crochet table clothes and chair covers with wool. She has one child. Last weekend, Nakagulire went unsupervised to the kitchen when tea-water was boiling. She got an epilepsy attack. She fell face-down into the fire and sustained severe burns to her face and hand. A relative found her lying unconcious in the fire. Fearing that the worst had happened, she raised an alarm for help.
Villagers gathered and advised my aunt not to go to hospital, but rather take Nakagulire to a local herbalist in a neighbouring village. The police from Buwama also came to the scene. They asked my aunt for Thirty Thousand Shillings to transport my cousin to Nkozi Hospital. Upon observing the burns and wounds on my cousin's body, doctors at Nkozi referred her to Mulago Hospital. For Two Hundred Thousand Shillings, an ambulance transferred her to the brand new facility of Mulago Hospital located in Kiruddu, along Salaama Road.
I went twice to visit Nakagulire at the hospital. I was very impressed. The spacious lifts work perfectly. The tiled toilets are very clean and they flash. Hospital admission and medical care are free. Admitted patients get a free warm meal daily. The Intensive Care Unit on fourth floor is devoted to only patients with severe burns and wounds. The staff on day-duty are very kind. They let me in. I saw all sorts of patients: an eleven-months'-old baby with a burnt face and arm, a youth severely burnt by acid, a man burnt inside his house in an arson attack that killed his two children, a builder electrocuted while working on the roof of a house... The staff on night-duty are very strict. They barred me and my kids from entering the ward. Fair enough!
Epilepsy is still real in Uganda. Many Baganda still believe it is a cultural illness which is only treatable using traditional therapies. It is important to address the stigmatisation of people living with epilepsy. Epileptic people can live full whole lives, when they adhere to medical regimes. Families and carers of people living with epilepsy need our support. In the event of severe burns due to falling into fires, the new Mulago Hospital facility at Kiruddu has got expert staff and services to provide requisite healthcare, even for people with epilepsy. I have observed my cousin improving by leaps and bounds!

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/07/graphic-photos-lady-suffering-epilepsy.html

1 Like

Re: Epileptic Woman Falls Into Fire In Ugandan (Graphic Photos) by henryanna36: 1:04pm On Jul 14, 2016
More

Re: Epileptic Woman Falls Into Fire In Ugandan (Graphic Photos) by sexymoma(f): 4:44pm On Jul 14, 2016
why is that nurse laughing.. she wasn't even smilling.. angry
the woman wey dey beside am nor fit slap am angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Epileptic Woman Falls Into Fire In Ugandan (Graphic Photos) by VickyRotex(f): 4:44pm On Jul 14, 2016
Jesu!!! What is this?

May the Good Lord perfect her healing.
This will be an end to the devil's attack in her life by God's Grace.

16 Likes

Re: Epileptic Woman Falls Into Fire In Ugandan (Graphic Photos) by Mskrisx(f): 4:45pm On Jul 14, 2016
shocked
Re: Epileptic Woman Falls Into Fire In Ugandan (Graphic Photos) by freshness2020: 4:45pm On Jul 14, 2016
Son of the Most High God.
Why would they have allowed her near the kitchen in the first place.
Sorry dear. Only God knows the kind of pain u are going through. cry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Epileptic Woman Falls Into Fire In Ugandan (Graphic Photos) by Sijo01(f): 4:45pm On Jul 14, 2016
Oh my! May God grant you quick healing/recovery, Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Epileptic Woman Falls Into Fire In Ugandan (Graphic Photos) by Rencent(m): 4:45pm On Jul 14, 2016
Very bad. God heal u

1 Like

Re: Epileptic Woman Falls Into Fire In Ugandan (Graphic Photos) by Chibenze(m): 4:45pm On Jul 14, 2016
ooh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Epileptic Woman Falls Into Fire In Ugandan (Graphic Photos) by dalyricist: 4:46pm On Jul 14, 2016
shocked

QUICK RECOVERY

1 Like

Re: Epileptic Woman Falls Into Fire In Ugandan (Graphic Photos) by joseph238(m): 4:46pm On Jul 14, 2016
Kai I feel sorry for her.

1 Like

Re: Epileptic Woman Falls Into Fire In Ugandan (Graphic Photos) by Kraspo(m): 4:46pm On Jul 14, 2016
And some persons are complaining that they can't afford the latest iPhone. Heavenly Father, you created me and my family members without any deformity. You gave us health of mind and body. Please forgive us for being ungrateful at times.
I pray God in his infinite mercy grants her quick recovery and clean her scars.

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Epileptic Woman Falls Into Fire In Ugandan (Graphic Photos) by sexyglow(f): 4:47pm On Jul 14, 2016
Her eyes!! embarassed I hope she sees again..quickest recovery mama

2 Likes

Re: Epileptic Woman Falls Into Fire In Ugandan (Graphic Photos) by callmebeauty(f): 4:47pm On Jul 14, 2016
[color=#990000][/color][b][/b]divine healing I pray O Lord for this woman..
Re: Epileptic Woman Falls Into Fire In Ugandan (Graphic Photos) by Topestbilly(m): 4:47pm On Jul 14, 2016
shocked
Re: Epileptic Woman Falls Into Fire In Ugandan (Graphic Photos) by tempem: 4:47pm On Jul 14, 2016
cry cry cry
Really crying!!
Re: Epileptic Woman Falls Into Fire In Ugandan (Graphic Photos) by sleeknick: 4:47pm On Jul 14, 2016
pls i need link to download d new Pokemon go...
Re: Epileptic Woman Falls Into Fire In Ugandan (Graphic Photos) by Spells(m): 4:47pm On Jul 14, 2016
Damn.... I really feel for her. Hard luck... Get well soon

1 Like

Re: Epileptic Woman Falls Into Fire In Ugandan (Graphic Photos) by chachanga: 4:47pm On Jul 14, 2016
Ohhhhhh damn! See double trouble?! embarassed

Now she's gonna need reconstructive surgery on top of d epilepsy.

Who go come help dis poor woman now?
Re: Epileptic Woman Falls Into Fire In Ugandan (Graphic Photos) by Doublejc(m): 4:48pm On Jul 14, 2016
this is serious
Re: Epileptic Woman Falls Into Fire In Ugandan (Graphic Photos) by tempem: 4:49pm On Jul 14, 2016
I guess this is your aim

Come down and copy the codes..

callmebeauty:
divine healing I pray O Lord for this woman..
Re: Epileptic Woman Falls Into Fire In Ugandan (Graphic Photos) by ExAngel007(f): 4:50pm On Jul 14, 2016
oh noooo
Re: Epileptic Woman Falls Into Fire In Ugandan (Graphic Photos) by xxxtedyxxx(m): 4:52pm On Jul 14, 2016
OMG
Re: Epileptic Woman Falls Into Fire In Ugandan (Graphic Photos) by foody(f): 4:54pm On Jul 14, 2016
chachanga:
Ohhhhhh damn! See double trouble?! embarassed

Now she's gonna need reconstructive surgery on top of d epilepsy.

Who go come help dis poor woman now?
God I mean only GOD can help her. And I know God will definitely help her in Jesus Name. Get well soon.
Re: Epileptic Woman Falls Into Fire In Ugandan (Graphic Photos) by WowSweetGuy(m): 4:56pm On Jul 14, 2016
Damn...Heal quick
Re: Epileptic Woman Falls Into Fire In Ugandan (Graphic Photos) by flokii: 4:56pm On Jul 14, 2016
sleeknick:
pls i need link to download d new Pokemon go...

You go dey heartless o.. Na pokemon dey do you for this kind matter, you're not moved with pity for d victim atal

1 Like

Re: Epileptic Woman Falls Into Fire In Ugandan (Graphic Photos) by nepapole(m): 5:02pm On Jul 14, 2016
tempem:
cry cry cry
Really crying!!
Pishurr of u crying or ahdonblivu. I wish her quick recovery.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... / Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? / NACA: Akwa Ibom, Benue Have The Highest Number Of HIV Positive Persons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.