Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,263 members, 7,780,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:59 PM

How Much Do They Pay Sales Associates In Sterling Bank? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Much Do They Pay Sales Associates In Sterling Bank? (12016 Views)

Sterling Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2018 / Can You Accept This Job,even When They Pay #1million Monthly? / 2016 Sterling Bank Entry-Level Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Do They Pay Sales Associates In Sterling Bank? by rhymaholic: 5:39pm On Jul 14, 2016
Please I need this information to make a decision. I got an offer to be part of the Sales Associate Team in Sterling Bank and I'm really keen to how much they earn. I understand it is basically marketing and bringing in funds into the bank but i need to know what their pay range is.
Re: How Much Do They Pay Sales Associates In Sterling Bank? by NekkyCee(f): 5:44pm On Jul 14, 2016
40k from outsourcing (SOL).Dunno if you got the offer directly from the company.
rhymaholic:
Please I need this information to make a decision. I got an offer to be part of the Sales Associate Team in Sterling Bank and I'm really keen to how much they earn. I understand it is basically marketing and bringing in funds into the bank but i need to know what their pay range is.
Re: How Much Do They Pay Sales Associates In Sterling Bank? by rhymaholic: 5:50pm On Jul 14, 2016
NekkyCee:
40k from outsourcing (SOL).Dunno if you got the offer directly from the company.
It's not outsourced, it's direct. We are supposed to undergo a training after which we'd be placed on a 6months probation before we'd be permanently placed as Sales Associate. I'm just skeptical on accepting the offer, that's why I want to know what I'm about to get into.
Re: How Much Do They Pay Sales Associates In Sterling Bank? by gbemi514: 6:06pm On Jul 14, 2016
41k directly... A friend of mine was given same appointment
Re: How Much Do They Pay Sales Associates In Sterling Bank? by NekkyCee(f): 6:06pm On Jul 14, 2016
Wow. Then that's good news. It's certainly going to be above 100k after the probation but not certain about the amount during the training. If I were to be in your position, I'll take the offer sharp Sharp. smiley
rhymaholic:
It's not outsourced, it's direct. We are supposed to undergo a training after which we'd be placed on a 6months probation before we'd be permanently placed as Sales Associate. I'm just skeptical on accepting the offer, that's why I want to know what I'm about to get into.
Re: How Much Do They Pay Sales Associates In Sterling Bank? by NekkyCee(f): 6:07pm On Jul 14, 2016
Are you sure it is directly? Coz outsourcing some firms pay 40k. And i don't think there's probation if it's indirect
gbemi514:

Re: How Much Do They Pay Sales Associates In Sterling Bank? by gbemi514: 6:10pm On Jul 14, 2016
NekkyCee:
Are you sure it is directly? Coz outsourcing some firms pay 40k. And i don't think there's probation if it's indirect
that' was what I was told by my friend.cox he was given same appointment from sterling bank also....... A good firm gives 3 months probation to those newly recruited and after the probation they become staff and increase their salary
Re: How Much Do They Pay Sales Associates In Sterling Bank? by rhymaholic: 6:20pm On Jul 14, 2016
gbemi514:

thanks for the response. But are sure it is direct from the bank and not outsourced?
Re: How Much Do They Pay Sales Associates In Sterling Bank? by rhymaholic: 6:22pm On Jul 14, 2016
gbemi514:
that' was what I was told by my friend.cox he was given same appointment from sterling bank also....... A good firm gives 3 months probation to those newly recruited and after the probation they become staff and increase their salary
This is a 6months probation.
Re: How Much Do They Pay Sales Associates In Sterling Bank? by gbemi514: 6:25pm On Jul 14, 2016
rhymaholic:
thanks for the response. But are sure it is direct from the bank and not outsourced?
give me few minutes let me confirm from him
Re: How Much Do They Pay Sales Associates In Sterling Bank? by gbemi514: 6:26pm On Jul 14, 2016
rhymaholic:

you are right... it also depends...... Every institution has its own policy
Re: How Much Do They Pay Sales Associates In Sterling Bank? by rhymaholic: 6:28pm On Jul 14, 2016
gbemi514:
give me few minutes let me confirm from him
thank you very much as I await your confirmation
Re: How Much Do They Pay Sales Associates In Sterling Bank? by gbemi514: 6:31pm On Jul 14, 2016
rhymaholic:

you are right... it also depends...... Every institution has its own policy...... He just confirmed it that it was from an outsourcing firm..... Sorry for the misguided information earlier on
Re: How Much Do They Pay Sales Associates In Sterling Bank? by rhymaholic: 6:36pm On Jul 14, 2016
gbemi514:
you are right... it also depends...... Every institution has its own policy...... He just confirmed it that it was from an outsourcing firm..... Sorry for the misguided information earlier on
ok thanks.

So my quest for an answer still persist. HOW MUCH DOES STERLING BANK PAY SALES ASSOCIATE before and after confirmation, somebody please help me.
Re: How Much Do They Pay Sales Associates In Sterling Bank? by pearldaisy(f): 8:21pm On Jul 14, 2016
rhymaholic:

Hi. Please where and when did you have your interviews cos I was interviewed for this role last month but haven't heard from them since then.
Re: How Much Do They Pay Sales Associates In Sterling Bank? by Tanyogo(m): 10:11pm On Jul 14, 2016
40k, but u r entitled to commission if u meet ur target. Workforce recruits SA for them. The target isn't funny.
Re: How Much Do They Pay Sales Associates In Sterling Bank? by rhymaholic: 11:48pm On Jul 14, 2016
pearldaisy:

Hi. Please where and when did you have your interviews cos I was interviewed for this role last month but haven't heard from them since then.

Head office and around same time last 2 months. The first interview.
Re: How Much Do They Pay Sales Associates In Sterling Bank? by rhymaholic: 11:49pm On Jul 14, 2016
Tanyogo:
40k, but u r entitled to commission if u meet ur target. Workforce recruits SA for them. The target isn't funny.

This is not workforce. This is directly from them.
Re: How Much Do They Pay Sales Associates In Sterling Bank? by pearldaisy(f): 8:54am On Jul 15, 2016
rhymaholic:

Head office and around same time last 2 months. The first interview.

Okay thanks
Re: How Much Do They Pay Sales Associates In Sterling Bank? by Artistree: 9:40am On Jul 15, 2016
Sterling bank DOES NOT recruit SAs directly as Workforce recently took over from SOL. However, Sterling bank recruits Retail Sales Officer which is equivalent to ETs in other banks and their annual salary is 3.1m but you will be made to bring deposit before you can even be interviewed, say 100m or more.
If you're outsourced, target is 3m monthly, salary is 40k and commission starts from the first 1m you bring in. There is no confirmation of appointment even though you will be on probation for 6months so you cannot expect a pay rise after then.
Sterling bank is a good place to work if you're a permanent staff, but if you're outsourced, you're more like a nonentity to them.
Re: How Much Do They Pay Sales Associates In Sterling Bank? by rhymaholic: 10:23am On Jul 15, 2016
Artistree:
Sterling bank DOES NOT recruit SAs directly as Workforce recently took over from SOL. However, Sterling bank recruits Retail Sales Officer which is equivalent to ETs in other banks and their annual salary is 3.1m but you will be made to bring deposit before you can even be interviewed, say 100m or more.
If you're outsourced, target is 3m monthly, salary is 40k and commission starts from the first 1m you bring in. There is no confirmation of appointment even though you will be on probation for 6months so you cannot expect a pay rise after then.
Sterling bank is a good place to work if you're a permanent staff, but if you're outsourced, you're more like a nonentity to them.

Thanks for the insight. We've been interviewed twice prior to now. There's be a training before which you'd be placed on a 6months probation and if one's performance is okay within the period, his/her appointment would be confirmed. That's what I want to confirm how much one would be paid prior to confirmation.
Re: How Much Do They Pay Sales Associates In Sterling Bank? by Artistree: 10:44am On Jul 15, 2016
rhymaholic:

Thanks for the insight. We've been interviewed twice prior to now. There's be a training before which you'd be placed on a 6months probation and if one's performance is okay within the period, his/her appointment would be confirmed. That's what I want to confirm how much one would be paid prior to confirmation.
You should first of all find out who your employers, role applied and interviewed for. There is NO position like Sales Associate in Sterling bank, there is Direct Sales Executive (DSE) which is contract and Retail Sales Officer (RSO) which is full staff.
If you know which of them you were recruited for, it will help me give precise info. Salary for RSO is 170k before confirmation, after confirmation you can get up to 200k.
Re: How Much Do They Pay Sales Associates In Sterling Bank? by rhymaholic: 11:15am On Jul 15, 2016
Artistree:

You should first of all find out who your employers, role applied and interviewed for. There is NO position like Sales Associate in Sterling bank, there is Direct Sales Executive (DSE) which is contract and Retail Sales Officer (RSO) which is full staff.
If you know which of them you were recruited for, it will help me give precise info. Salary for RSO is 170k before confirmation, after confirmation you can get up to 200k.

From the success mail letter I got, the role states that it is Sales Associate.

"Upon completion and achievement of the financial target, the Sales Interns will eventually become Sales Associates on the defined sales career path with the aim of attracting low cost funds to supplement our retail marketing drive. Please note that the Sales Associates position attracts all the perks and conditions of a permanent position with the Bank. The progression on this career path is merit driven and is strictly based on performance."

The above is a sentence from the letter. They probably renamed the role because it is not direct sales executive. Achieving your target as a sales intern after 6 months, one would be upgraded to Sales Associate which is a permanent position.
Re: How Much Do They Pay Sales Associates In Sterling Bank? by Artistree: 11:53am On Jul 15, 2016
rhymaholic:

From the success mail letter I got, the role states that it is Sales Associate.

"Upon completion and achievement of the financial target, the Sales Interns will eventually become Sales Associates on the defined sales career path with the aim of attracting low cost funds to supplement our retail marketing drive. Please note that the Sales Associates position attracts all the perks and conditions of a permanent position with the Bank. The progression on this career path is merit driven and is strictly based on performance."

The above is a sentence from the letter. They probably renamed the role because it is not direct sales executive. Achieving your target as a sales intern after 6 months, one would be upgraded to Sales Associate which is a permanent position.
OK, maybe it's been changed. All the best babe!
Re: How Much Do They Pay Sales Associates In Sterling Bank? by rhymaholic: 1:27pm On Jul 15, 2016
Artistree:
OK, maybe it's been changed. All the best babe!
thanks for the heads up
Re: How Much Do They Pay Sales Associates In Sterling Bank? by AlexisM16: 12:09pm On Jul 16, 2016
A friend of mine rejected this job last week cos according to the chat she had with the manager after providing guarantor's form and other necessary details, she was told that if she can just get a minimum of 6 million naira every month, then her job is guaranteed and she has nothing to worry about!!!

The salary is above 100k but 6million per month?

Really? From where? Her panties?

Anyways, she accepted a teller job with Zenith bank that pays 80k, at least, she would look forward to month end without having her heart in her mouth.

I'd have preferred Zenith anyways cos that's a growth-oriented bank with international presence. The brand and valuable experience matters, so, you guys should make an informed decision shaa
Re: How Much Do They Pay Sales Associates In Sterling Bank? by Ismahael: 5:13pm On Jul 16, 2016
Evening pearldaisy I also add an interview with sterling bank for d same position last month. Mail me ur phone no on abdulameenismail@gmail.com so dt we can talk better
Re: How Much Do They Pay Sales Associates In Sterling Bank? by Ismahael: 5:17pm On Jul 16, 2016
Evening pearldaisy and rhymaholic I also add an interview with sterling bank for d same position last month. Mail me ur phone no on abdulameenismail@gmail.com so dt we can talk better
Re: How Much Do They Pay Sales Associates In Sterling Bank? by rhymaholic: 11:57pm On Jul 16, 2016
Ismahael:
Evening pearldaisy and rhymaholic I also add an interview with sterling bank for d same position last month. Mail me ur phone no on abdulameenismail@gmail.com so dt we can talk better

ok
Re: How Much Do They Pay Sales Associates In Sterling Bank? by rhymaholic: 12:04am On Jul 17, 2016
AlexisM16:
A friend of mine rejected this job last week cos according to the chat she had with the manager after providing guarantor's form and other necessary details, she was told that if she can just get a minimum of 6 million naira every month, then her job is guaranteed and she has nothing to worry about!!!

The salary is above 100k but 6million per month?

Really? From where? Her panties?

Anyways, she accepted a teller job with Zenith bank that pays 80k, at least, she would look forward to month end without having her heart in her mouth.

I'd have preferred Zenith anyways cos that's a growth-oriented bank with international presence. The brand and valuable experience matters, so, you guys should make an informed decision shaa

Wow. I really don't know what this is but I know performance is measured based on target achieved. And they said one would be placed on probation for 6 months before been confirmed whereby confirmation would be on how excellently one achieved his/her set target. I'm open minded about it. Make we dey look sha.
Re: How Much Do They Pay Sales Associates In Sterling Bank? by bioduneberry(m): 8:39am On Jul 17, 2016
Artistree:

For core staff of the bank:

There has been a recent change in the structure of marketing staff in sterling bank. Sales associate is the new entry level position for marketing staff and executive trainee for non-marketing (generalist career path).

NB: sales associate is the grade while retail sales officer is the job title.

You are correct about the salary.

DSE are outsourced marketers.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do They Pay Sales Associates In Sterling Bank? by Artistree: 8:59am On Jul 17, 2016
bioduneberry:

For core staff of the bank:

There has been a recent change in the structure of marketing staff in sterling bank. Sales associate is the new entry level position for marketing staff and executive trainee for non-marketing (generalist career path).

NB: sales associate is the grade while retail sales officer is the job title.

You are correct about the salary.

DSE are outsourced marketers.
Thanks darl, one can't know it all.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Job Tips: Why Being Successful In Life Has Nothing At All To Do With Age / List Of Successful Candidates For Traffic Management Agency Of Abia State / Get A Job For Yourself Without Stress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.