Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,220 members, 7,780,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:54 PM

What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review (9304 Views)

Finally Gotten The Itel S31. My Personal Review Follows / Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? / Ask Me Any Question About Tecno L8+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by omoalajah(m): 10:39am On Jul 15, 2016
The past few weeks have been full of news and praises for TECNO's new phone The Camon C9. The mobile phone even had a tour #C9Ja that disturbed my Twitter Timeline and the picture shots from the phone aroused my need to have one.

According to my needs and definition for the mobile device, I would regard it as a mid-range camera-centric phone, designed for someone like me who shops around online, read reviews, sought informations rather than just heading to Ikeja's Computer Village and picking a device off the shelf with the recommendation of a desperate sales marketer.

This is the first time I will be writing a review of a device, so permit me to only talk on those key features that every buyer is concerned with.

*The Design and Screen
*Performance
*Camera
*Battery Life
*Price

The Design and Screen:

The Camon C9 shares many design traits with other TECNO phones – all of which have been affordable. The phone is mostly plastic, but an unusual textured rear sets it apart from the usual plastic battery covers. 
It features the brand name 'TECNO' and 'Camon' logo on the back. The Speaker also sits at the back. In my opinion, the phone looks good for its price.

Front-on, the look is simple, no physical key, and you have the 13MP Selfie Camera smiling at you.  

The phone also comes with a screen protector, SIM removal tool and pouch as a free gift.

The memory card slot sits beneath the battery cover and, as is the case there are two SIM slots. They're of the micro-SIM variety. The 3000 MaH Battery is not user replaceable.

The Display is a 5.5" Full HD IPS Touchscreen.

Performance :

The phone runs on Tecno's Custom HiOS Based on Android's 6.0 Marshmallow.
Performance is great I must confess. I played up to 10 matches on FIFA16, Asphalt, and Contract Killer and didn't experience any lag whatsoever. Wow. Impressive.

The phone has an internal storage of 16GB, only about 10GB available to use because the system apps had used up to 5.81GB. So you might need to use a memory card to increase the memory.

The RAM is 2GB and it allows for fast multitasking. About 40% of RAM used on startup.

As a mid range phone, the phone doesn’t boost of many extra features like the fingerprint on the Phantom 5, but an Iris Scanner Lock was featured even though i didn't use it, I had read in some posts it's unstable. I don't need it though because I hardly lock my phones.

Battery:

The phone has a 3000 mAh Battery. (Small for me) but performs decently probably because of the optimised HiOS.

Fully Charged, 100% from 10am. Reading of a PDF file with my screen on always lasted me up to 5pm with 23% of Battery left which could give me more 4hrs on Ultra mode (Calling, Texts)
I think that's decent. The battery charges fast too. Full charge in about 2 hours 30 minutes even though the charger output was 1.2v . Using a 2.1V Charger should speed the charging process up.

Camera:
This is the top reason I purchased this phone and it didn't disappoint.! With 13 MP Rear and Front Camera, I didn't expect less. Selfie Shots were great even in low light conditions beause of the soft front flash! My selfies doesn't look like my regular selfies because of the placement of the Selfie camera. It was placed at the center top of the screen so it allows for a wider angle capturing. The Rear Camera was great too with a LED Flash. Performed well in low light and bright light conditions. You will find attached pictures taken with it.

As soon as I go out I will take better pictures and upload.

Price: At #50000 I got myself a great phone.

The first three pictures was taken with an HTC One M8.

Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by Darkseid(m): 10:43am On Jul 15, 2016
Tecno J8 is far better than this C9 in every way except maybe in the front camera.
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by omoalajah(m): 10:45am On Jul 15, 2016
Pictures taken with the device
1. Outdoor View
2.Selfie with proper lighting
3 Selfie under poor lighting without using flash

1 Like

Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by bluemorg72: 11:26am On Jul 15, 2016
for me this tecno c9 is just good for camera shots only, i don't believe it has the power for good games

http://www.naijainformation.com/2016/06/tecno-c9-price-full-features-and.html
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by AdeOluwaTomiwa(m): 11:41am On Jul 15, 2016
indoor photos that i saw from mobility arena is also nice though,and i thought it was the c9 yuu used in taking those pictures after u unboxed it..which one did u use?
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by omoalajah(m): 12:04pm On Jul 15, 2016
AdeOluwaTomiwa:
indoor photos that i saw from mobility arena is also nice though,and i thought it was the c9 yuu used in taking those pictures after u unboxed it..which one did u use?

I used an HTC One M8 for the unboxing pictures; The. First , Second and Third pictures.
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by dhsfbi(m): 12:07pm On Jul 15, 2016
Tecno always performing well on paper and not in reality. http://naijnaira.com/tecno-camon-c9-specs-features-and-price-in-nigeria/
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by Dembali: 12:16pm On Jul 15, 2016
dhsfbi:
Tecno always performing well on paper and not in reality. http://naijnaira.com/tecno-camon-c9-specs-features-and-price-in-nigeria/

Lol, Why do you say so?? There are Lots of Positive Personal Experience.
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by yinka360nl1: 1:27pm On Jul 15, 2016
Really, i doubt so.
dhsfbi:
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 15, 2016
If the pictures of yourself were taken with the C9, then there's nothing special about the camera.... in my own opinion...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by omoalajah(m): 1:50pm On Jul 15, 2016
It sure is. The pictures were from my front camera. No front camera phone would give such pictures without a flash
adebayooye:
If the pictures of yourself were taken with the C9, then there's nothing special about the camera.... in my own opinion...
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by omoalajah(m): 1:51pm On Jul 15, 2016
This phone really performs well in the real sense.
dhsfbi:
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by 360koncepts: 2:05pm On Jul 15, 2016
NICE REVIEW. That selfie is clear o.
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by gingerman876: 2:13pm On Jul 15, 2016
U need to compare with selfie of other cameras in the same range
adebayooye:
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by first2shop(m): 2:51pm On Jul 15, 2016
omoalajah:
The past few weeks have been full of news and praises for TECNO's new phone The Camon C9. The mobile phone even had a tour #C9Ja that disturbed my Twitter Timeline and the picture shots from the phone aroused my need to have one.

According to my needs and definition for the mobile device, I would regard it as a mid-range camera-centric phone, designed for someone like me who shops around online, read reviews, sought informations rather than just heading to Ikeja's Computer Village and picking a device off the shelf with the recommendation of a desperate sales marketer.

This is the first time I will be writing a review of a device, so permit me to only talk on those key features that every buyer is concerned with.

*The Design and Screen
*Performance
*Camera
*Battery Life
*Price

The Design and Screen:

The Camon C9 shares many design traits with other TECNO phones – all of which have been affordable. The phone is mostly plastic, but an unusual textured rear sets it apart from the usual plastic battery covers. 
It features the brand name 'TECNO' and 'Camon' logo on the back. The Speaker also sits at the back. In my opinion, the phone looks good for its price.

Front-on, the look is simple, no physical key, and you have the 13MP Selfie Camera smiling at you.  

The phone also comes with a screen protector, SIM removal tool and pouch as a free gift.

The memory card slot sits beneath the battery cover and, as is the case there are two SIM slots. They're of the micro-SIM variety. The 3000 MaH Battery is not user replaceable.

The Display is a 5.5" Full HD IPS Touchscreen.

Performance :

The phone runs on Tecno's Custom HiOS Based on Android's 6.0 Marshmallow.
Performance is great I must confess. I played up to 10 matches on FIFA16, Asphalt, and Contract Killer and didn't experience any lag whatsoever. Wow. Impressive.

The phone has an internal storage of 16GB, only about 10GB available to use because the system apps had used up to 5.81GB. So you might need to use a memory card to increase the memory.

The RAM is 2GB and it allows for fast multitasking. About 40% of RAM used on startup.

As a mid range phone, the phone doesn’t boost of many extra features like the fingerprint on the Phantom 5, but an Iris Scanner Lock was featured even though i didn't use it, I had read in some posts it's unstable. I don't need it though because I hardly lock my phones.

Battery:

The phone has a 3000 mAh Battery. (Small for me) but performs decently probably because of the optimised HiOS.

Fully Charged, 100% from 10am. Reading of a PDF file with my screen on always lasted me up to 5pm with 23% of Battery left which could give me more 4hrs on Ultra mode (Calling, Texts)
I think that's decent. The battery charges fast too. Full charge in about 2 hours 30 minutes even though the charger output was 1.2v . Using a 2.1V Charger should speed the charging process up.

Camera:
This is the top reason I purchased this phone and it didn't disappoint.! With 13 MP Rear and Front Camera, I didn't expect less. Selfie Shots were great even in low light conditions beause of the soft front flash! My selfies doesn't look like my regular selfies because of the placement of the Selfie camera. It was placed at the center top of the screen so it allows for a wider angle capturing. The Rear Camera was great too with a LED Flash. Performed well in low light and bright light conditions. You will find attached pictures taken with it.

As soon as I go out I will take better pictures and upload.

Price: At #50000 I got myself a great phone.

The first three pictures was taken with an HTC One M8.

To me I will suggest Wiko Slide 2 over Tecno Camon C9. I nearly parted my HTC Butterfly for Wiko Slide 2, amazing smartphone compare with Camon C9. Cost effective over Camon C9. Both have 16GB internal and 2GB Ram, 13.0 Megapixel, and wiko design is great, just like Sony Xepria M5. Interesting thing is that with 35k, you can order for the phone. I bet you, you won't regret it. Google online to read more about wiko slide 2.
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by winnijaf(f): 3:02pm On Jul 15, 2016
first2shop:

To me I will suggest Wiko Slide 2 over Tecno Camon C9. I nearly parted my HTC Butterfly for Wiko Slide 2, amazing smartphone compare with Camon C9. Cost effective over Camon C9. Both have 16GB internal and 2GB Ram, 13.0 Megapixel, and wiko design is great, just like Sony Xepria M5. Interesting thing is that with 35k, you can order for the phone. I bet you, you won't regret it. Google online to read more about wiko slide 2.

Good, I will check out the Wiko slide 2 Myself. I like the fact that it is Very Pocket friendly. I hope the camera is as good as you say.
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by Marvell23(m): 3:10pm On Jul 15, 2016
Darkseid:
Tecno J8 is far better than this C9 in every way except maybe in the front camera.
Is your name liar mohammed? Camon C9 murder the J8 in every angle, no story

1 Like

Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 15, 2016
omoalajah:
It sure is. The pictures were from my front camera. No front camera phone would give such pictures without a flash

Are you for real??..the said camera is also 13mp.. so flash or no flash... I've seen phone's like Samsung and Xperia produce better pics....
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by kolexepana: 3:52pm On Jul 15, 2016
Oboi, see as camera sharp wink
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by Orator2383: 4:04pm On Jul 15, 2016
Darkseid:
this phone is better than j8, not only the front camera that is better but both
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by Dannybrainz: 6:53pm On Jul 15, 2016
bluemorg72:
for me this tecno c9 is just good for camera shots only, i don't believe it has the power for good games

http://www.naijainformation.com/2016/06/tecno-c9-price-full-features-and.html
have you tried games on it??
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by Dannybrainz: 6:56pm On Jul 15, 2016
Good and straight to the point. Nice one op
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by major466(m): 7:10pm On Jul 15, 2016
omoalajah:
Pictures taken with the device 1. Outdoor View 2.Selfie with proper lighting 3 Selfie under poor lighting without using flash
Impressive. smiley
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by Orator2383: 7:50pm On Jul 15, 2016
Good thinking
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by Kenneth10110(m): 1:27am On Jul 16, 2016
Marvell23:
Is your name liar mohammed? Camon C9 murder the J8 in every angle, no story

You are wrong the only difference is The front Camera and processor. Then in gaming i pick the j8 Cause C9 gets hot while playing HD games.

1 Like

Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by AnnabelR0se(f): 5:50pm On Jul 16, 2016
Kenneth10110:

You are wrong the only difference is The front Camera and processor. Then in gaming i pick the j8 Cause C9 gets hot while playing HD games.
lol you are comparing Keke Napeb with Toyota camera. You have shot yourself with this analysis
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by windyjosezy: 10:37pm On Jul 16, 2016
Nice pictures, baba u no fine o
omoalajah:
Pictures taken with the device
1. Outdoor View
2.Selfie with proper lighting
3 Selfie under poor lighting without using flash

1 Like

Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by windyjosezy: 10:39pm On Jul 16, 2016
Critics
dhsfbi:
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by windyjosezy: 10:39pm On Jul 16, 2016
Don't mind em
Dembali:

Lol, Why do you say so?? There are Lots of Positive Personal Experience.
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by windyjosezy: 10:40pm On Jul 16, 2016
You think
adebayooye:
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by windyjosezy: 10:40pm On Jul 16, 2016
Don't say what u don't know
omoalajah:
Re: What I Think About TECNO Camon C9; Personal Review by windyjosezy: 10:41pm On Jul 16, 2016
True
360koncepts:
NICE REVIEW. That selfie is clear o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MTN 500mb Bundle / How Much Is It To Unlock An Iphone5 Any Idea Please? / new released *Tecno Phantom A Mini* with 4.4.4 kitkat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.